PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's Dogma

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Swear there was a topic for this.

Ehhhhh, I dunno. I want to love this as it's basically Dragon Age 2 with the pawn system (which I love) but not as good narritive. The problem is right now I have no desire to play it mainly because I'm in the middle of a quest with a 30 min walk to the end of it where I will be brutally raped by the boss down there or 30mins walk back to get some higher level pawns. It just feels wayyyy too grindy.

It's good though, I'd probably say to get it cheap and don't get it a full price. but if you just can't resist, my mage pawn is pretty damn good, so feel free to grab her.

Kane Knight
05-20-2012, 12:43 PM
I thought there was a thread, too.

I wish this hadn't come out so soon after KoA. But I want to play it.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Actually listened to my pawns after turning my 360 back on and mine had been on this mission, so she told me to go find the item rather than fight and it worked.

Just a shame there's enemies much stronger than me outside the damn area now I've grabbed it. Found a bug where they won't go on this wooden bridge though so they're running at me then running away. Going to take about 2 hours to take them down with arrows though.

Ultra Mantis
05-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Loved the demo, had a lot of Griffon based fun. I'll probably pick it up when its cheap and I've finished the ton of RPGs I already bought but havent played.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Well, took about an hour, or 2 days in game time but I did that band...

What's the betting there's another group on the hours walk back?

Kane Knight
05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
So is the game particularly hard?

Requiem
05-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Have seen some videos of this and it looks great. The whole climbing on enemies bit, and the leveling up your pawns. Night time being fucking scary and dark. Liked the whole "You don't stay at an inn to heal.. you stay at an inn so you can leave at dawn." bit. World just seems huge.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2012, 02:24 PM
So is the game particularly hard?

Not sure if it's hard, or I've done things out of order without realising.

Have seen some videos of this and it looks great. The whole climbing on enemies bit, and the leveling up your pawns. Night time being fucking scary and dark. Liked the whole "You don't stay at an inn to heal.. you stay at an inn so you can leave at dawn." bit. World just seems huge.

Dark is pretty much the same as day. Fuckton of wolves everywhere you walk.

Requiem
05-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Really? Every review I've watched, it gets really dangerous at night. Big monsters and PITCH BLACK. Zombies and shit.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Nothing yet. Only zombies are undergorund, unaffect by day/night.

Love how you can sit down with your pawn and mentor them though.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2012, 02:32 PM
The big thing that kills it is lack of multiple saves. You have one save. If you save in an area where you can't get out, restart your entire game...

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2012, 04:06 PM
OK, it is hard in places. Let me give you one tip in case you get the game:

Running is an option. Enemies only go a certain distance.

You may need that at times.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-21-2012, 08:33 AM
OK, it is fucking hard. Capcom knows this and have released a DLC "cheat" to let you hire stupidly high level pawns.

Ultra Mantis
05-21-2012, 08:53 AM
How is the difficulty compared to Demon's Souls / Dark Souls?

#BROKEN Hasney
05-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh, easier than that. As your pawns only pass out and you can revive them unlimited, I've found running around a viable strategy.

Kris P Lettus
05-24-2012, 06:43 PM
OK, it is hard in places. Let me give you one tip in case you get the game:

Running is an option. Enemies only go a certain distance.

You may need that at times.

This method got me through the first playthrough of Fallout 3 once I got to downtown DC with off the Super Muntants..

So is this game worth getting or just wait till the end of summer and snag it for $35??

#BROKEN Hasney
05-25-2012, 04:01 AM
If you enjoyed Dragon Age 2 and can do without the story and characterisation (because it's shit here), grab it. The gameplay is slightly better.

But now I'm running through back to areas I've already been hacking the same monsters. In that respect, it's exactly like Dragon Age 2.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Final battle is pretty epic until the last part, where it becomes easy but long.

Pretty fun, nowhere near worth full retail price. Now onto the 10 weekly DLC packs....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#BROKEN Hasney
05-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Not actually done yet. The story continues despite the credits.

Kane Knight
05-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Final battle is pretty epic until the last part, where it becomes easy but long.

Pretty fun, nowhere near worth full retail price. Now onto the 10 weekly DLC packs....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's Capcom, so can I assume it's all on-disc?

#BROKEN Hasney
05-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Yup, their "policy review" on disc-locked content wasn't able to completed before this came out.

Kane Knight
05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
How...Specifically unfortunate.