PDA

View Full Version : No Way Out Match Idea *Contains Spoilers from Over the Limit.*

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Looks like we have one of our marquee matches for No Way Out in John Cena Vs. The Big Show. Here is my thoughts on how they can make this match different.

No Way out is going to be sort of like Lockdown where every match has some sort of gimmick with a cage. I think The Big Show and John Cena should be a one-on-one match in the confines of The Elimination Chamber. We have never seen a one-on-one match inside the chamber. With all the interferences it would make sense to have the match in the biggest cage and the most dangerous cage WWE has to offer.

Each of the pods will contain various weapons for Cena and the Big Show to wail on each other with. The pod timer will work just like it would in a normal elimination chamber match, but maybe have the timer be a little quicker. A pod will open and they can use those weapons for as long as they can. One pod would have tables, chairs, Cena's chain etc. All of the pods will be randomized except for the final one which will contain a WWE official. I think it would add something that hasn't been seen in the WWE for a long time a match that can't end until the referee enters into the fray.Big Show and John Cena could literally destroy each other before the match could even end.

Like I said we've seen this match countless times and with the No Way Out gimmick this seems like a great opportunity to show the WWE universe something different.

Keith
05-21-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm down for anything that's something we haven't seen. Cena vs Big Show definitely needs some type of gimmick, because a normal one-on-one match between the two wouldn't really captivate the fans.

Mr. Nerfect
05-21-2012, 04:17 AM
I think gimmicks should be used sparingly. Cena must be pretty pissed off at Show at the moment, so I can see them being given something a bit "rough and tumble." I think the WWE should give Cena some time off, and that a heel Big Show is the perfect choice to write Cena off. They've probably wrestled in about every match you can think of. I'd just make it a regular match, with Big Show promising to show how destructive he can be. He's the biggest force in the business -- literally -- and we won't be seeing John Cena past No Way Out.

Shisen Kopf
05-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Big Show needs to change his gimmick to Captain Insano as that will draw millions and millions. Maybe they could throw Jap Albert into the mix too so then it would be the most super over feud in the history of rasslin.

KaosDarksol
05-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Big Show needs to change his gimmick to Captain Insano as that will draw millions and millions. Maybe they could throw Jap Albert into the mix too so then it would be the most super over feud in the history of rasslin.

Why don't we just throw every big man into a ring surround it with a cage and have the match only by escape over the cage

Mr. Pierre
05-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Something tells that me that there's going to be a memorable spot. Maybe Show gets AA'd through the ring?

I have no idea, but I'd be surprised if this match has the same formula as all their other matches.

Indifferent Clox
05-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Excellent match idea.

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm thinking a good booking decision would be for Big Show to absolutely destroy Cena, and get himself disqualified in the process. For Show, it's not about beating Cena, but about taking him out for John Laurinaitis. Cena can take a few months off, and then return to the WWE -- perhaps in time to get Big Show inside Hell in a Cell.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Here's a No Way Out card that I think the WWE could be proud to put on:

Submission Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

John Cena vs. Big Show

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho

Intercontinental Championship
Christian (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

Zack Ryder vs. Damien Sandow

Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Kofi Kingston & R-Truth (c) vs. Epico & Primo vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger vs. The Usos

Fox
05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't pay for that card. And that's not a dig against your fantasy booking skills, but more so a dig at WWE's extremely weak roster and storyline progression at this point in time.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, it'd be a more solid in-ring card than anything else. I guess if they wanted to, they could rush Brock back for a match against Triple H at the PPV? You could very easily move one or two of those matches down to the pre-show to make room for it.

DLVH84
05-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Here's a No Way Out card that I think the WWE could be proud to put on:

Submission Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

John Cena vs. Big Show

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho

Intercontinental Championship
Christian (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

Zack Ryder vs. Damien Sandow

Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Kofi Kingston & R-Truth (c) vs. Epico & Primo vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger vs. The Usos

A Submission Match between Punk and Bryan would work. As for Big Show vs. John Cena, they need a type of match that would compliment the magnitude and how heated their rivalry has become.

Fox
05-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah, it'd be a more solid in-ring card than anything else. I guess if they wanted to, they could rush Brock back for a match against Triple H at the PPV? You could very easily move one or two of those matches down to the pre-show to make room for it.

Nah. One of the only things WWE is doing right ATM is the slow build with Brock Lesnar. I say save the Lesnar/Triple H match for Summerslam.

I'd watch your card for Punk/Bryan and Jericho/Orton, but due to Orton's lax attitude in the ring and Jericho's lack of a fire under his ass since his return was kind of demeaned, I can't see myself enjoying their match that much.

Sheamus/ADR is possibly the most uninteresting match I could imagine right now. Two guys who have been overexposed and pushed way too hard to the main event going one on one.

Cena/Show and Rhodes/Christian are also both equally uninteresting to me. Cena/Show has been done before and I don't think they have anything left to explore between them. Rhodes/Christian would probably be stellar in ring action, but again, I'm not too high on either of these guys right now.

The tag title match would probably be excellent though.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Sadly, the only matches that I don't think will be happening at the PPV is the Tag Team Title match. :-\

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2012, 11:03 PM
A Submission Match between Punk and Bryan would work. As for Big Show vs. John Cena, they need a type of match that would compliment the magnitude and how heated their rivalry has become.

I actually disagree with Show and Cena needing a gimmick match right now. The story has been that Big Show is on Team Johnny, and he has said that he's going to knock Cena out. He doesn't need weapons for that. The onus is on Cena to not get knocked the fuck out. Also, giving Cena weapons to fight Big Show with evens the playing field more than anything, and would be counter-productive to Johnny's plans for Cena.

In my opinion, the best way to go with that match is for Cena to dodge the WMD at all costs, and for Big Show to get frustrated, and he gets himself disqualified, and then Chokeslames Cena through the announce table. Cena is taken out by medics and put on a stretcher with Show claiming that he has taken Cena out of the WWE.

Then when it's time to bring Cena back you do the gimmick match, with Cena looking for revenge and no longer caring about proving that he's a better wrestler than Big Show. Given the Chokeslam from earlier, a Tables Match would be fitting. Cena can then do his impressive Attitude Adjustment to the giant spot through a table. That way, Show also doesn't get pinned by Cena.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Christian and Cody Rhodes could have an absolutely great Intercontinental Title match. As a character, I'm yet to reinvest in babyface Christian, but I'm sure I will. The man is always entertaining, whether it be on the mic or in the ring. He's a great choice to carry the championship, in my opinion, since he's been such a workhorse for the past few years, and could really make the title matter when he drops it off to a heel. I truthfully believe that Cody does not need to touch the title again (well, not right now anyway), so Christian should go over cleanly there with his Frog Splash, further establishing that as a move. Alternatively, I would also not mind seeing Christian bring back the Texas Cloverleaf I think he used as a submission finisher for a sneeze years back.

Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio could be of interest if they bring up the common dynamic between the two men. Both guys showed up from foreign lands, dominated, won World Titles really early and also won Royal Rumbles. Sheamus should go over to keep his reign going strong, and because I think there is money in Sheamus vs. Orton as a SmackDown main event.

Orton and Jericho will tell a great story together. Jericho is still the master, and Orton is a guy that when switched on is as good as he wants to be. In there with Jericho, I'm sure we'll see a match worthy of watching. Orton's character is quite boring to me at the moment, and while I would not turn him heel, I think him going against a face Sheamus would be far more interesting than his next feud being against the next in a line of a rogues gallery.

Fox
05-24-2012, 11:45 PM
I actually disagree with Show and Cena needing a gimmick match right now. The story has been that Big Show is on Team Johnny, and he has said that he's going to knock Cena out. He doesn't need weapons for that. The onus is on Cena to not get knocked the fuck out. Also, giving Cena weapons to fight Big Show with evens the playing field more than anything, and would be counter-productive to Johnny's plans for Cena.

In my opinion, the best way to go with that match is for Cena to dodge the WMD at all costs, and for Big Show to get frustrated, and he gets himself disqualified, and then Chokeslames Cena through the announce table. Cena is taken out by medics and put on a stretcher with Show claiming that he has taken Cena out of the WWE.

Then when it's time to bring Cena back you do the gimmick match, with Cena looking for revenge and no longer caring about proving that he's a better wrestler than Big Show. Given the Chokeslam from earlier, a Tables Match would be fitting. Cena can then do his impressive Attitude Adjustment to the giant spot through a table. That way, Show also doesn't get pinned by Cena.

I think they need a gimmick just to keep things fresh. We've seen Cena versus Show before, and more than that, we've seen Cena versus "the unstoppable big man" so many times before it's ridiculous (vs Big Show, Kane, Umaga, Bobby Lashley, Great Khali, etc). To make things interesting and to keep fans from tuning out, they should add a gimmick of some kind. Steel Cage seems fitting, as I don't think we've seen John Cena versus Big Show in a cage match (we've seen singles, No Holds Barred, and Last Man Standing).

Or better yet, why not have Laurinaitis and Big Show vs Cena and God in a tag team match?

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Cena & Santino Marella vs. Big Show & John Laurinaitis could at least be somewhat entertaining.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-25-2012, 12:15 AM
I want 30 minute exhibition with Daniel Bryan Vs. CM Punk. Pinfalls and submissions only counted after 30 minute mark.

Or maybe a 30-60 Iron Man match. Maybe Ultimate Submission match. Haven't seen one of those in awhile.