PDA

View Full Version : Who's booking this Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ stuff?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
And why can't they book everything?

I was resigned to the fact that Punk and Bryan wouldn't have an angle and we'd just have some tremendous matches or even one match. We had that one match which set up a rematch and I rubbed my hands at the prospect.

Then Kane was added to the mix and my thoughts were that he wouldn't add too much to the match, but the way he was added was interesting with Punk and Bryan manipulating the monster. Then AJ becomes central and besides the fact she's amazing anyway, she has added a huge amount. I've not given a fuck about anything Kane has done since he came back and now I think he's adding a huge amount to this program. I cannot wait.

But look at the rest of the card. Ziggler/Sheamus isn't their fault for having no build although I want to watch the match, but how were they making me care about ADR/Sheamus?

The Show/Cena angle is stale too. Oh my gosh, Show has his edge back again and is killing people. And there's a cage but woo-fucking-hoo. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to a Big Show match though. Judgement Day 2000 maybe? You know, just before they got him off TV to lose weight. Which never happened.

I assume they still have at least a similar booking team to who was writing the last really interesting period between Money in the Bank and Survivor Series, so how do we only have one good angle leading into another PPV? Do we think the 3 hour Raw will help build better mid-card feuds, or will they waste that time?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Dammit, I typed that out while watching Raw and Big Show just came out on Vince firing Johnny and made himself more interesting than he has done in aaagges.

EDIT: And the end of that segment means I want to see the finish, but still not the match. A positive outcome for sure though.

Big Vic
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
This AJ angle is OK but I have to see where they are actually going with it before I make any judgements. Maybe they will have Kane chokeslams Punk then AJ distracts him with the Kiss of death while Bryan picks up the victory.

I just don't see Punk losing the title yet so maybe Bryan eats the chokeslam.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Oh yeah, they could still fuck up the closure of the angle for sure, but in terms of leading up to a PPV, it's those type of question marks that make me want to slap some money down to see what will happen.

Nicky Fives
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I'd love to see A.J. in hot flame-riddled red and black leather outfits.....

Shadrick
06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd love to see A.J. naked.

And THIS, my friends, is my 1200th post. *throws confetti*

Wolfpack423
06-12-2012, 03:21 PM
I think that AJ is basically goading both CM Punk and Kane and will help Daniel Bryan win the title. They will have this whole elaborate thing where the break-up was planned in order to make people think they were at odds. Granted, the break-up took place after Wrestlemania before Punk and Bryan happened, but AJ did say that she would do anything for Daniel Bryan and I think this is the way it will go down. Personally, it'd be awesome for her to be with either Punk or Bryan. I'm loving the crazy chick thing, and I can tell you from videos I've seen AJ would be an awesome heel. I am hoping she is the one to beat Layla for the title. We'll see what happens, but my prediction is there's some big thing coming with AJ and Bryan rejoining forces.

St. Jimmy
06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
It's okay, would be better if it didn't involve Kane.

Big Vic
06-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Having Kane and AJ in this has me feeling that they will "SpiderMan 3" this whole thing but I will wait for it to play out.

Rammsteinmad
06-12-2012, 04:11 PM
This AJ angle is OK but I have to see where they are actually going with it before I make any judgements. Maybe they will have Kane chokeslams Punk then AJ distracts him with the Kiss of death while Bryan picks up the victory.

I just don't see Punk losing the title yet so maybe Bryan eats the chokeslam.

Ya see, this is the problem with so many wrestling fans. You're more concerned with watching the show and predicting where it will go, instead of watching the show and just enjoying it.

St. Jimmy
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Ya see, this is the problem with so many wrestling fans. You're more concerned with watching the show and predicting where it will go, instead of watching the show and just enjoying it.

Shut the fuck up and kill yourself, you fucking stain.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-12-2012, 04:37 PM
YOU HEAR THAT RAMMSTEINMAN. If Street Jimmy wants you dead, then the St. Jimmy Clean Up The Muck Initiative wants you dead.

And we have SUPERPOWERS

Supreme Olajuwon
06-12-2012, 04:37 PM
<marquee> OOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooohttp://sym3540.tripod.com/scotthallphoto/43.jpgOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

</marquee>

The Jayman
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
who said that??!!

BigCrippyZ
06-12-2012, 04:48 PM

I actually try not to do that, but it's kind of difficult not to when they make things so predictable a lot of the time.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM

That's more a symptom of how crap wwe is. We're worried about the finish of the angle because often times the finish of the angle is fucking stupid.

If you give a great build to a feud and then the match or finish of the match is atrocious and over booked it doesn't really matter about what happened before. See: nexus angle.

If we had faith in the booking, we'd sit back and enjoy, as we do any quality programming.

Savio
06-12-2012, 04:58 PM
The Nexus angle really just puttered out

blak23
06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
i like the angle

Rammsteinmad
06-12-2012, 06:24 PM
A lot of the times, the angle is booked so well, that the finish itself doesn't live up to peoples expectations. This is why having a fun guess is fine, but focusing more on speculation than enjoyment of the angle itself just means you're setting yourself up for disapointment.

Rammsteinmad
06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Shut the fuck up and kill yourself, you fucking stain.

This is a completey random insult here, Jimmy. What is the logic behind this post?

Tom Guycott
06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
On the original question, I'd say this angle is Heymanesque... like, ECW Heymanesque. It's layered. It involves a "complex" relationship with multiple people. It's not just a straight up "I hate you, let's fight!!" There's backstory to this angle with all 4 people with motivations outside of the championship as well as the title itself.

It has potential. Although I see the point of being burned by "HOT START THEN ???" angles so many times, the reason we keep watching is hoping that it ends up a) with some sort of satisfying resolution and b) something not 100% telegraphed.

The whole "winner gets AJ" thing has legs. Besides the ones she wrapped around Kane.

Thing is, Wolfpack made it sound like a fargone conclusion that this is a ruse by her and DB. In reality, this is only one way this could go, unlike the whole "swerve!" Big Show heel turn.

Maybe you're right, and it IS a plan by those two. Still an interesting road they're going down instead of her simply being the shrinking violet used by a self-obsessed jackass as a loophole to win matches.

Maybe he loses and STILL ends up with her in a Mega Powers-like face turn... where he ends up saving her from a Tombstone (would say chokeslam, but this is a PPV) proving he isn't as over her as he continually tries to convince everyone he is. Maybe AJ becomes the new Lita, in that she "becomes as sick as Kane" and helps him win. Maybe she continues down the path of being "mini-Punk" and surprisingly locks on the Anaconda Vice to her ex, or anyone else. Maybe she even does none of those things, swerves them all, and moves her affections to someone else, like a returning Mark Henry or Wade Barrett. Maybe AJ becomes her own woman and (figuratively) screws them all. Maybe she gets added to Punk's checklist and (literally) screws them all, and they form some sort of psycho-fuck stable all bound by AJ... kinda like Raven/Dreamer being bitter enemies and tag champs, but with more dynamic personalities.

Who knows? Who cares? It's fucking fun!

Yes, I am an AJ fanboy pretty much because I dig her looks and out-of-ring persona. Girl-next-door nerd is my bag. In the ring, though, that didn't have much life. She was pretty boring and not really noticiable before being paired with Danielson. She has a character now, and that character has teeth.

Also, I find myself quoting JR in my head now whenever I see her now: "Here comes nut girl!"* I can't wait for the .gif of her skipping around Kane to appear in the wild. I needs that in my sig.

Point is, I like this angle. Even though I thought about the above scenarios in my head, maybe they go somewhere else with it? I don't know, and I don't really care. I like the ride, just as long as it doesn't come to an abrupt halt and they treat it like the outcome of Jericho/HHH. I agree the WWE needs more of this for other people; a way to elevate some unused talent to at least appear instead of "title chasing or nothing" that most on the roster are looking at right now. Not everyone can be a spectacle like Ryback or Sin Cara, and not all angles should be X vs. Y then they move on.

It's possible the writer of this angle IS doing other things: back to Show's heel turn and subsequent "path of destruction". He took out 7 guys, including writing Truth off TV by KOing him in a promo (and possibly leading to a retribution angle when he comes back). He draws the ire of Kofi, who may have lost now, but maybe starts an ongoing war. He's pissed off Brodus Clay, who is "banned" from RAW, so he can't get his hands on him directly. And let's not forget about Cena being in this mix. If they don't let that stuff drop to the wayside, THAT has legs as well. It involves more than Cena vs. Show.

Even the stepping up of Ziggler might be attributed to this writer. Him getting the title shot now may have been more out of neccessity, but the build is still do-able: he had his last chance "ruined" by Swagger. He took advantage of Swagger to propel him to the win in the 4 way. That little bit from the last couple weeks can go a long way.

Let's just assume he beats Sheamus and subsequently breaks from Vicki ("I don't need you anymore"), he now has to contend with the former champion AND a jealous Jack Swagger/angry Vicki and also a returning ADR down the line. They could all collude and/or get over on each other to get what DZ has, leading to matches between them all and possibly anyone else Vicki recruits.

Wrote more than I intended, but I was rolling. Like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

*He was referring to Mickie James during her "crazy obsessed lesbian" period, where she'd skip to the ring all smiley and crazy-eyed.

Wake Up Call
06-12-2012, 07:31 PM
AJ will cost either CM Punk/Kane the Championship on Sunday. Then she will say it was Bryan's and her plan the whole time.

Not hard to figure this shit out folks.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-12-2012, 07:38 PM
A lot of the times, the angle is booked so well, that the finish itself doesn't live up to peoples expectations. This is why having a fun guess is fine, but focusing more on speculation than enjoyment of the angle itself just means you're setting yourself up for disapointment.

The finish is the payoff. If you build all this stuff up, and shit the bed come crunch time, all you really are is the Miami Heat circa 2011

COUNT IT.

Tom Guycott
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
AJ will cost either CM Punk/Kane the Championship on Sunday. Then she will say it was Bryan's and her plan the whole time.

Right. And it was written in stone that WWE, in no way, was going to follow up with CM Punk's threat to leave with the WWE championship since he was "leaving the company". Especially not against John Cena. Plus, there was the contengency of Alberto of the River coming down with MITB to be the next big star. Neither of those worked out with the "obvious" outcome, and it made for an awesome moment, and helped propel Punk to superstardom.

They don't always go with the "obvious". It's likely, but when you have different avenues you can take, like with this angle, it's not 100% that this is what's going to happen, no matter if it is the most likely/"safest" scenario.

Team Sheep
06-12-2012, 09:16 PM
The past week has turned No Way Out right on its head for me. I had very little interest at all this time last week. I still won't be ordering as I will be out the country, but certainly looking forward to the results and watching some clips. Thank god Del Rio got injured, Vince came back, Triple H is going to be there, and they got AJ to kiss Kane last night. Great anticipation now.

Dukelorange
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
AJ and Naomi needs to fued again... AJ played a great cocky heel, but I think with her being unstable and doing random stuff and Naomi just being Naomi, it would be cool... Perhaps put Maxine in the mix.

This AJ thing could go anyway... She's the x factor here which makes this match a must see in addition to the great wrestling that we are going to see.

Emperor Smeat
06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if both Punk and Bryan had direct involvement with the direction of the storyline.

AJ getting involved really made the feud become a lot more interesting mostly because she's done a great job of acting crazy enough that nobody knows what she might do during the upcoming ppv.

Bryan vs Punk has delivered constant quality matches but in terms of focus, it didn't seem like the WWE was really putting any effort with the storyline until AJ got involved. Kane's involvement helps to add to the potential unpredictability the title match might have now especially with AJ also showing some interest in Kane.

Mr. Nerfect
06-13-2012, 02:12 AM
I could see AJ realistically siding with any of the three, and this has possibly been the most important a female character has been in a very long time. I almost think that they should have made her the Special Referee in order to really add that drama of "Where will AJ side?" Personally, I think that AJ should help out Daniel Bryan, as I feel that he would get the most out of having AJ by his side and being the WWE Champion, but whatever. I could very easily see the WWE having Kane and AJ paired up with Kane getting another WWE Title run, too.

Great story, and I still think that this could be one of the better Triple Threat Matches ever.

MIZantine Empire
06-13-2012, 05:01 AM
I am willing to bet this aj and Kane thing is gonna lead to her screwing him over so cm punk retains at no way out... Which then leads to punk giving her his "straight edge" as a thank you lol

James Steele
06-13-2012, 05:25 AM
I am willing to bet this aj and Kane thing is gonna lead to her screwing him over so cm punk retains at no way out... Which then leads to punk giving her his "straight edge" as a thank you lol

How would he convince her to not drink, smoke or do dru...oh you mean his penis.

#1-norm-fan
06-13-2012, 05:47 AM
The whole storyline literally JUST got interesting this week. I'm not giving whoever's responsible for it a shitload of credit until after No Way Out. As we've seen recently, WWE has a habit of starting intriguing angles and not finishing them.

#1-norm-fan
06-13-2012, 05:49 AM
I do want Punk to keep the title though as I like the fact that his reign is quietly getting ridiculously long for this era. As far as AJ's picking a side though, he would be the least interesting choice.

Innovator
06-13-2012, 11:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZDwRs.gif

Tom Guycott
06-14-2012, 12:08 AM

LOVE. YOU. FOREVER!

stultiloquy
06-14-2012, 01:10 AM
I wanted Kane to chokeslam her so badly right there, I knew it would never happen, but still...

Tom Guycott
06-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Kinda reminded me of that scene from Con Air, where you just *knew* Steve Buchimi was going to kill that little girl... but didn't.

Rock Bottom
06-14-2012, 05:36 AM
cm punk gona loss dat titell

Indifferent Clox
06-14-2012, 05:07 PM
I hope kharma comes and squashes aj when she tries to interfere and that starts a love triangle spin off angle with lane aj and kharma, while DB and punk can go onto a summerslam ironman match.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2012, 04:06 AM
Thinking it through, my gut is telling me that CM Punk retains, since his reign has been ridiculously long and will probably go through SummerSlam, I think. Punk pins Bryan, so Kane keeps his credibility up, and then challenges Punk at Money in the Bank, while Bryan promises to do what he did last year and win the case. I would personally go with Bryan capitalising off a Kane Chokeslam and getting the pin on Punk, giving both Kane and Punk reasons to keep going after him, but I can see why the WWE would keep the WWE Title on Punk.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2012, 04:13 AM
I'd personally have it so AJ turns on Kane, then Punk & Bryan both lock Kane in a submission hold and make him pass out so the ref has to call it. Punk & Bryan both win so they carry on their argument about who the better man is while Punk is still champ, who AJ is siding with is still up in the air out of those two and Kane looks strong because it took all that and he still never tapped.

St. Jimmy
06-15-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm really sick of these fucking "OH JUST WATCH IT" posters. No. It's a product, it's just like anything else you consume: You're not only expected to critique it, you're required to. Without critique there is no change, there is just the same unfounded stagnancy. Is the product ever going to be good enough? Maybe, but it sure as hell isn't now.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2012, 07:48 PM
This has made people care about Punk vs. Bryan, Jimmy. How can you be against that?

Tom Guycott
06-16-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm really sick of these fucking "OH JUST WATCH IT" posters. No. It's a product, it's just like anything else you consume: You're not only expected to critique it, you're required to. Without critique there is no change, there is just the same unfounded stagnancy. Is the product ever going to be good enough? Maybe, but it sure as hell isn't now.

The problem with this logic is that we are just self-important fans on some internet wrestling site sharing what makes us happy and/or makes us sick.

Unless WWE has adopted some new policy where they hire someone to infiltrate every site where there's a wrestling forum and take notes on what we in the IWC think is "cool" or "is working" or "sux" or "is the drizzling shits" and incorporate that into booking and storylines, ultimately, our "critiques" don't mean shit*.

I mean, if it did, Cena would have turned heel years ago, Cody Rhodes would still be bagging people, Ziggler would be a multiple time Heavyweight Champion, Khali would be plugged by a sniper on national television, and there would be no less than twelve people on the roster who "snap and become badass submission machines" because some suit somewhere would be sure to not understand that this idea was supposed to be a joke.

We critique it because it's part of the fun for some of us, but please don't make it seem like it's some rightous cause with definite impact on the product.

The real issue is the people who speculate the hell out of everything to the point where they take no enjoyment in it whatsoever; where the outcome, no matter how poorly or well done, will never live up to the hype and will bitch about it no matter what.

Who cares if in the grand scheme of things we feel that "Punk or Kane don't need a valet thus it's a fargone conclusion she's just duping everyone to side with Danielson to get his title back"? The dynamic displayed by all four of the people directly involved in this angle doesn't need to be picked apart by somone who thinks that no matter where this leads, it will just end stupidly. It's still potential right now, and it could be great. Just wait & see and go along with the ride.

In other words "Oh, just watch it!"

You can even add "fucking" in there between "just" and "watch" for emphasis. ^_^

*To anyone other than us.

Fignuts
06-16-2012, 01:50 AM
I don't think it's that great. It's good, I'm just not amazed or anything.

#1-norm-fan
06-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Raw made it border on "great" for me. It's funny how one night of good booking can add some intrigue that can outshine months of "Why the fuck should I care who wins these matches".

I'm really interested to see what AJ does at No Way Out... However, as this is the same WWE booking team I've come to know and facepalm, I will keep my expectations lowered.

Tom Guycott
06-16-2012, 03:42 AM
... as opposed to "Fuck this shit, I don't care what happens at No Way Out. They're just going to screw this up anyhow."

#1-norm-fan
06-16-2012, 03:47 AM
Precisely. I'll give them a fighting chance. They've at least set themselves up for a shot to do something awesome.

Shadrick
06-18-2012, 02:49 AM

Whats it like being able to see the future?

Damndirty
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Something tells me AJs got more pull here than she's letting on. Seems like a much bigger storyline is in the works here---
http://i.imgur.com/kXJUd.gif

Big Vic
06-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I am guessing it is going to be Punk vs Kane at MITB with AJ giving the smile and all.

10 bucks Kane says "I became a human" again.

Damndirty
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
I'd love for it if Kane didn't become human, but did something that repulsed AJ (hard to do, but you know), and when she tries to run away, he holds her down and forces himself on her.

James Steele
06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I'd love for it if Kane didn't become human, but did something that repulsed AJ (hard to do, but you know), and when she tries to run away, he holds her down and forces himself on her.

http://videobrowser.googlecode.com/hg-history/0d124b440cafcde1a4f1b899203b7b7cfb907665/MediaBrowser/Images/Ratings/Templates/Rating_TV-PG.png

James Steele
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Also, do we really need another Kane rape angle?

Wehttam
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM

yep, not hard at all....

XL
06-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Psssssssssstttttttttt. Someone already called him out on that.

XL
06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Also, do we really need another Kane rape angle?
About as much as we need to re-enter the Monster Kane/Humanized Kane cycle.

James Steele
06-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I wonder if Kane's crotch looks like his eyebrows...smooth as butter and quite sweaty.

Next Big Thing
06-18-2012, 06:42 PM
This is a very intriguing angle. It would be nice if AJ was this crazy bitch/master manipulator who manipulates Kane to go after CM Punk after Punk spurns her advances or says he wants to be just friends.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way to avoid re-entering the Monster Kane/Humanized Kane cycle. He's either going to end up doing her bidding, heartbroken or both at some point in this cycle in my humble opinion. Or... they rehash Kane and Lita. Pick your poison.

Nicky Fives
06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Kane & Tori Christmas Story! Version 2.0

#1-norm-fan
06-19-2012, 10:31 PM

:lol:

Brilliant

GD
06-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Probably one of the coolest and meaningful WWE Championship feuds in a long time.

erickman
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
i am loving the daffney vibe aj is giving, as long as they don't make kane look weak it is a good story.

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Probably one of the coolest and meaningful WWE Championship feuds in a long time.

In a year.

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
They've still got work to do to make the title realistically main event PPVs again.

Damndirty
06-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I have to say... this throws a wrench in the whole of expectations!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TSKmeOEUrdc/T-DDaeIBMPI/AAAAAAAAYbI/KYMb2DujEss/s640/0-20120618_LARGE_raw_AJ_L.jpg

Is it bad that her mask is cooler than Kane's?

Tom Guycott
06-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I would rather have seen her adopt the welder's mask instead of the pseudo-burned monstrosity... but whaterver. Still fun. And got the point across.

Again, personally, still hoping for that "stable", where she uses all 3 guys via her crazy. Kinda like Spike Dudley becoming "the boss" of the Dudleyz.

Either that, or it being all a ruse, only it being for the benefit of one returning Wade Barrett*. You know, since she "likes forceful men". Would give him an in for the push they were planning pre-injury, swerve absolutely EVERYONE, and be so far removed from anything "obvious" that 90% of the IWC wouldn't bitch. The other 10% would bitch no matter what happens, up to and including AJ blowing all three men in the center of the ring on live television. No pleasing some people.

*Whenever that would be. I'm sure they could stretch this angle and keep interest alive if they don't get lazy.

CSL
06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
I have to say... this throws a wrench in the whole of expectations!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TSKmeOEUrdc/T-DDaeIBMPI/AAAAAAAAYbI/KYMb2DujEss/s640/0-20120618_LARGE_raw_AJ_L.jpg

Is it bad that her mask is cooler than Kane's?

dunno about "bad", more "shocking" since I think that's exactly the same mask only with some lighting/shadows projected onto it http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

XL
06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Was gonna say, isn't it just Kane's mask?

Tom Guycott
06-21-2012, 05:44 PM

One week later, seeing this still makes me insanely happy!

RP
06-22-2012, 04:04 AM
I have a major crush on this AJ

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 07:31 AM
AJ has become perhaps the best female character since Mickie James. Crazy chicks always seem to work in the WWE. AJ is actually holding her own as a main event talent, in a weird sort of way. I hope to see her become Divas Champion very soon. She'd be perfect for a Kharma feud.