PDA

View Full Version : Where should they take Sandow ?

Road Warrior
06-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Sandow is the absolute goods, so who should they put him against to build him into a superstar ?

Wishbone
06-13-2012, 03:07 AM
I think people are just jumping on the Sandow wagon as of late. Don't get me wrong the guy certainly isn't bad, but there are allot of guys that are better than him not getting the spotlight they deserve right now. Keep the guy doing what he's doing, and if he starts to get over then worry about where to go from there. If not then send him back to developmental simple as that.

Road Warrior
06-13-2012, 03:25 AM
Completely disagree, he's already getting more heat than 90% of the heels on the roster. His mic and ring work are solid and his charisma is off the charts. I can't think of 5 guys who show more promise than him right now.

Joesgonnakillyou
06-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Set up Sandow and Ryback for a little big longer and then throw them in a feud,

Have Sandow taunt Ryback with his usual promo, challenge him and then beat him in the most nefarious chickenshit sneaky (but cunning and clever) way possible. A DQ or Countout win could work. Especially if Sandow framed Ryback for a DQ win.

Have Ryback chase Sandow for a couple of weeks, literally, around the backstage area. Ryback can destroy shit on the way making him look like a monster. Sandow could cut a promo saying he's already proven Ryback is nothing but a neanderthal etc etc etc. Drag that out for as long as the fans will remain interested but before Ryback starts looking like too much of a moron then a week before a PPV set up the match.

At the PPV, Ryback basically destroys Sandow. I'd say a 5 minute match. Sandow runs away at the opening bell, Ryback chases him catchs him, does a couple of power moves. Sandow gains control with a low blow or something. Gets a couple of moves in. The commentators can put over it's the most amount of offense anyone's got in. Ryback takes back the control and finishes him in dominant fashion.

It's a staple and would work really well with those two I think.

St. Jimmy
06-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Sandow beating Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) by being the only wrestler smart enough to know the secret of dispelling 100% of Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE)'s offense: Moving 2cm to the left.

If you move 2cm to the left you avoid all offense Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) is capable of.

Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) goes for that lariet, Sandow moves and Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) runs head first into the ring post, knocking himself out. Sandow pins him with his foot and has that fantastic smile on his face.

XL
06-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Sandow should target Zack Ryder as an advocate of Facebook/Twitter/YouTube, the things that he dispises and build a fued around Sandow trying to "save" today's youth by ridding the WWE of Zack.

Nicky Fives
06-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Sandow should target Zack Ryder as an advocate of Facebook/Twitter/YouTube, the things that he dispises and build a fued around Sandow trying to "save" today's youth by ridding the WWE of Zack.

very good and logical idea.....

The Ravishing One
06-13-2012, 08:27 AM

:y:

Rammsteinmad
06-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Sandow beating Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) by being the only wrestler smart enough to know the secret of dispelling 100% of Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE)'s offense: Moving 2cm to the left.

If you move 2cm to the left you avoid all offense Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) is capable of.

Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) goes for that lariet, Sandow moves and Ryback (CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE) runs head first into the ring post, knocking himself out. Sandow pins him with his foot and has that fantastic smile on his face.

Shut the fuck and go kill yourself, you fucking stain! :wave:

Tazz Dan
06-13-2012, 09:05 AM
If TRO agrees, it must be a good idea.

MoFo
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
They should take him round the back of the shed and put an end to these horrible promos.

MoFo
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I like how he holds the mic, though.

Innovator
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM

I will have NONE of your logical, pratical, and worthwhile ideas around here. Good day.

Joesgonnakillyou
06-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Ok fine, so the Ryder idea is pretty good. We'll do the Ryback one after that feud....

K.Smoke
06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
I think he should go against Drew Mcintyre. Invision, Drew becoming face for this. I'd like to see it last 2 PPV and Drew come out on top. This will build Sandows character a little slower. But with Ryback, Clay and Tensei slow is what he needs. He also needs to look good against Drew.

XCaliber
06-13-2012, 04:47 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5hzyfybUw1qj0t4io4_250.gif

XL
06-13-2012, 04:57 PM
very good and logical idea.....

:y:
You're welcome.

Emperor Smeat
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Doesn't need to really go after 1 wrestler right now but him going after just wrestlers who are loved or cheered by the fans would work out very well with the smug and arrogant style his character has.

Too early to really push him to a higher level but plenty of lower tier stars available for him to pummel each week while he acts disgusted that the unwashed masses like such wrestlers.

Hanso Amore
06-14-2012, 08:35 AM
I like the idea of a Ryback feud. Have him week after week dodge Ryback while taunting and cutting promo on him. Have him find ways to get other people to take the matches for him etc.

Eventually go to PPV and Ryback finally gets his comeuppance.

Just realized this is sort of like Jericho/Goldberg in WCW. Do something like that.

#1-norm-fan
06-14-2012, 08:51 AM
I don't like the idea of putting two new guys you're trying to get over in a feud with each other. It just doesn't "fit". I'd prefer both of them have feuds with guys who have been around and established for a while. Sandow and Ryder would be awesome. Put Ryback with someone like Tensai. He's already had his rise, gotten his big wins, gotten his losses and gotten rid of his manager. He can look as much of a threat as most of the roster while making Ryback look good when he wins.

#1-norm-fan
06-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Ryback has the issue where he's so dominant, he's gotta start facing major stars sooner rather than later. It doesn't make sense for him to be so dominant and "struggle" to make it to a decent spot on the card. Hell, once Show is done with Cena, have him put over Ryback in a feud. If you can somehow keep Show looking dominant while losing the Cena feud, a Show-Ryback feud would be fucking incredible.

Damien Sandow can kinda take a slower path while being entertaining and having stellar feuds in the IC/US Title scene. No need to rush him anywhere.

Hanso Amore
06-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Sandow is the type of heel that never needs to win a match to get over.

Hell he doesnt even need to wrestle.

Ryback gets the rub from beating a name at his first real PPV match, Sandow gets to gain heat from ducking Ryback.

Make it short, 4 weeks tops. Blow it off at a PPV and turn right around and throw Sandow into a series with a returning Rey Mysterio and he will be the fucking goods.

Hanso Amore
06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
TPWW gets to lost in BADASS SUBMISSION MACHINES and LOOKING DOMINANT AND WINNING.

Let Sandow run away and the fans will call for his blood. When he finally gets squashed by Ryback there is a nice payoff for both.

Its like you forget the point of a Heel is making people want to PAY to see you get your ass kicked.

#1-norm-fan
06-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Which people will stop paying to see quickly if it starts to happen too much. I was actually for the idea of Sandow losing in upset fashion to Zeke or Tyson Kidd just to show what he's like when things don't go to plan and give a little unpredictable moment. My only issue with him and Ryback feuding now is they're just still too new to feud with each other and make it a big deal. Win or loss, they should both feud with someone established on the roster first.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-14-2012, 05:10 PM
I didn't noticed until I saw it on wikipedia, Damien Sandow was on Smackdown before as Michelle McCool's Teacher's Pet, Idol Stevens. I hated him then thinking he wouldn't amount to anything but as Damien Sandow he's definately the goods.

Gertner
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
A feud with Santino would be the goods. They'd play very well off each other.

#1-norm-fan
06-14-2012, 08:44 PM
They do. I hate the idea of Santino constantly being the jobber to "real" superstars though. People love the guy. He's amazing at what he does. Even if they don't wanna make it seem like he's a serious threat to people (Which they could. He can be a legit fighter while still playing the fun and goofy gimmick) they don't need to use him as a jobber. That's why I love his feud with Ricardo. People can just enjoy him being the fun, comedy relief that he is without him getting his ass beat.

... Of course, they should probably take the US Title off of him if that's the plan. But still...

#1-norm-fan
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Santino is one of the best performers on the roster. It just so happens that the role he's performing is not something that is gonna lead to him main eventing or anything.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2012, 04:25 AM

This. Followed by Gertner's idea of Damien Sandow feuding with Santino Marella. Sandow beats Marella to become the new US Champion, and talks about everything the United States once represented, and how it is now ruined. The Ryder feud would make people initially care about Sandow, and realise that he is a threat, and the Marella feud would establish Sandow as a heel that can win championships and give him something to do for a few months.

XL
06-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Doesn't need to really go after 1 wrestler right now but him going after just wrestlers who are loved or cheered by the fans would work out very well with the smug and arrogant style his character has.

Too early to really push him to a higher level but plenty of lower tier stars available for him to pummel each week while he acts disgusted that the unwashed masses like such wrestlers.
No, he doesn't need to go after one specific wrestler, but it might make for a refreshing change.

Too many new guys get the "beat the jobbers" treatment out of the gate to showcase them (Tensai, RyBack, Sandow, Sin Cara, etc) regardless of whatever slight tweaks they put on it.

Hunico's debut as Sin Cara Negro was infinitely more interesting to me than seeing RyBack go through local jobbers or Sandow/Tensai/Sin Cara going through Slater/Kidd/Bateman.

Fueding with Ryder (or Santino) puts him at odds with someone the crowd actually cares about, therefore they should care about the outcome of the match, and therefore they should care about the fued. Nobody really cares if Sandow beats Tyson Kidd. Or Yoshi Tatsu. Or Zeke Jackson.

More so, a well built fued between midcard guys should get both guys over regardless of who walks away the overall winner and God knows WWE could do with building some interest in the midcard ranks.

Ultra Mantis
06-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Sandow lose a match pretty soon. Would hate for Sandow to get Drew McIntyre syndrome with a boring as shit undefeated run before losing all his heat to put over Teddy Long. Have him lose, it creates an instant feud with whoever beats him and make him more interesting.

Damndirty
06-17-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but he needs to wear something else besides those pink fruity tights. Ziggler, I can see wearing the color and it fit, but it doesn't really fit Sandow's character.

Gertner
06-17-2012, 09:55 AM
What Sandow is lacking is a cape. All distinguished gentlemen wear capes.

Damndirty
06-17-2012, 10:03 AM
And a tophat!

Road Warrior
06-17-2012, 07:09 PM
I'd mark for a monocle

Damndirty
06-17-2012, 07:38 PM
His theme music's okay, but I can see it getting old and annoying after a while

XL
06-18-2012, 04:59 AM
I think it's supposed to be annoying.

Damndirty
06-18-2012, 08:14 AM
I know it's supposed to be, but don't they have enough annoying things going on the show: Cole's voice, Vickie's voice, Alberto's rants, Ryback's jobbers, irrelevant storylines, bad matches, ect...