PDA

View Full Version : Catching up on Impact now...

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2012, 03:14 AM
...and I gotta say that the whole Dixie Carter/AJ Styles story just got really fucking stupid. Just saying. Love you guys.

MIZantine Empire
06-25-2012, 01:15 PM
i totally agree..all that build up, all the suspense, and bam, at the end of impact this past week, i felt like i did when i found out santa isnt real. they have been on such a hot streak lately with booking, matches, and shows..and then to have that wcw-esq climax to a very interesting storyline, i am dissapointed.

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2012, 01:33 PM
I was surprised that I had actually found myself getting into it, and I feel embarrassed now for investing any involvement.

Schlomey
06-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Why are you trying to ruin your week with Impact!?

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2012, 01:49 PM
A lot of it is good. Even that story was good until this past episode. Have you been watching recently?

Nicky Fives
06-25-2012, 02:34 PM
the build up was great.... but as usual, TNA fucked it up....

XL
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
FFS TNA, everything was going well. Some decen storylines, pushing the right guys, establishing plot points to be followed up on the following week, Open Fight Night, etc. and then, then...this.

Mr Punk, if you'd be so kind?

JimmyMess
06-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, I was about to ask the masses if I should start watching TNA...... so should I?

taker707
06-25-2012, 03:43 PM
They might suprise you. Its just the beginning. Im not saying the climax of the night didnt suck but give it a shot . especially with the rumors of daniels being the babys father .

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, you should. There are a lot of good things going on. Just not that storyline, which actually was also good until the most recent episode.

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
They might suprise you. Its just the beginning. Im not saying the climax of the night sucked but give it a shot . especially with the rumors of daniels being the babys father .

I didn't say I was going to stop watching or anything, but things just took what seemed like a RIDICULOUS turn, even for TNA.

Wake Up Call
06-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Has it ever been done before? If not, then I am all for it.

At least TNA fans don't have to watch Cena vs "Some Big Man" and having Cena win everytime.

kareru
06-26-2012, 01:55 PM
pretty shitty wasn't it
i'm blaming russo for that one

i thought it was going to conclude with something that actually made some sense like Dixie Carter is teaching AJ Styles to read, something along those lines, it would make sense because it would explain all the secrecy because AJ would be embarrassed about it, it was also put AJ over a bit more with the fans, to my knowledge we have never seen AJ read something on air.

taker707
06-26-2012, 02:42 PM
pretty shitty wasn't it
i'm blaming russo for that one

i thought it was going to conclude with something that actually made some sense like Dixie Carter is teaching AJ Styles to read, something along those lines, it would make sense because it would explain all the secrecy because AJ would be embarrassed about it, it was also put AJ over a bit more with the fans, to my knowledge we have never seen AJ read something on air.

Unfortunately we cant blame Russo for it. He was Fired about a month ago.

itsmeJD
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM

Ehhhh let's blame him anyway, I've been giving their writing credit lately, and I don't want to be wrong.

Rollermacka
06-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Actually, a very good show tonight in my opinion. I'm not gonna ruin it for you with the winners but theres an RVD vs Anderson match, Ray vs Joe, two X Division matches, and a tag title match between AJ and Angle vs Daniels and Kaz

Innovator
06-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Best part about the angle is the hilariousness of Daniels.

Damndirty
06-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I released a heavy sigh of shame when I seen it unfold like that, but I think taker707 might be right, it could be something to have a bit (no more than that) of patience. It may work to TNA's advantage if this woman has some relation to Daniels that would pass him off as the ultimate cold-blooded prick, it could involve him being the one who impregnated her, or she could be his junky whore of a sister who he disowned and tried to keep quiet (out of being ashamed), or threatening to expose this woman is how he setup Kazarian into helping him as she is either one of the two ideas mentioned above but her relationship is with Kazarian.

taker707
06-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Bit more intrigued now that they went with it being "Aj's baby" .

Innovator
06-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Also, the moonsault into a double stomp was the best thing Sonjay has ever done. Bravo, sir.

Volare
06-29-2012, 11:53 AM
One name, Joey Ryan. That's all.

Rollermacka
06-29-2012, 12:19 PM

I am intrested in where they are going with this Joey/ Taz feud. That, the 3 attackers, and the idea of bringing in/ back some more X Division stars are intresting. Then again, Nese was never used, unfortunately Sorrenson is out for while so hopefully they'll actually listen to the fans this time

DLVH84
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I loved how Frankie and Chris teased everyone that they're breaking up all night, but in the end, they suckered everybody and won the World Tag Team titles back.

erickman
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
I am intrested in where they are going with this Joey/ Taz feud. That, the 3 attackers, and the idea of bringing in/ back some more X Division stars are intresting. Then again, Nese was never used, unfortunately Sorrenson is out for while so hopefully they'll actually listen to the fans this time

yeah before last night i was thinking joey was shooting on his vids with all those fired or quit tna people, he had on. i am suprised tna is going there, i feal like it is rusos work shoot.

Raven Reaper
06-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Cameron looks like Kofi Kingston in an Afro Wig. :p

I don't care if Taeler Hendrix is green, rough around the edges or not ready for primetime, but I'd give her a chance cos well, I got tired of seeing the same knockout roster feuds every week. And where the shit is Winter, Angelina Love, Sarita/Rosita?

And Taeler reminded me of Lzzy Hale from Halestorm. :P

P.S. Joey Ryan looks like a younger Bill Paxton/Zack Ryder hybrid. lol.

DAMN iNATOR
06-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I didn't say I was going to stop watching or anything, but things just took what seemed like a RIDICULOUS turn, even for TNA.

More ridiculous than
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XcBOB_xGW5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>???

Anybody Thrilla
06-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Also, the moonsault into a double stomp was the best thing Sonjay has ever done. Bravo, sir.

That was sick as hell. I was excited just to even see Sonjay Dutt again, but he's as crisp as ever.

If nothing else good comes from Gutcheck, at least they'll always have this.

As far as the rest of the show, it was good again this week, and I even enjoyed the tag match, but I still don't understand why I'm supposed to give a fuck that AJ Styles allegedly impregnated some no-name recovering druggie. Who the fuck cares? Is it because AJ is married? Is that it?

Anybody Thrilla
06-30-2012, 03:59 PM
More ridiculous than
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XcBOB_xGW5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>???

Yes, more ridiculous than Katie Vick. That was just a case of a heel Triple H trying to get into the head of a face Kane. The visuals were disturbing and it definitely went on for way too long, but the premise was pretty cut and dry. I'm not even sure if TNA knows where they're going with this angle.

Anybody Thrilla
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't care if Taeler Hendrix is green, rough around the edges or not ready for primetime, but I'd give her a chance cos well, I got tired of seeing the same knockout roster feuds every week. And where the shit is Winter, Angelina Love, Sarita/Rosita?

And Taeler reminded me of Lzzy Hale from Halestorm. :P

I really don't see what anyone sees in her. That's a nice story about beating cancer, but it doesn't translate into her being a good wrestler at all. She's not that hot by Knockout standards, and she has zero personality. They SHOULD be using the ladies that you just mentioned as opposed to shoehorning goose shit rookies into air time to the delight of precisely no one.

owenbrown
06-30-2012, 08:35 PM

Ehhhh let's blame him anyway, I've been giving their writing credit lately, and I don't want to be wrong.

can we blame TNARICK instead?

Mr. Nerfect
06-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I gave TNA a watch this week, and I was surprised at just how entertained I was by it.

* The AJ/Dixie/Claire stuff is fucking stupid, but Daniels is so good as a heel. I also loved Frankie Kazarian this week. I've forgotten just how good that guy is. He looks like a movie star, has tremendous ring skills and can talk. I loved the storyline of Kaz showing that he can be manipulative as well as Daniels, and reaffirming his heel status in a big way. He should probably be added to the X-Division tournament, as well. Kaz as X-Division Champion and TNA World Tag Team Champion would be a pretty awesome angle for him.

* I liked the psychology of the Anderson vs. RVD match. On paper, it seems these two have wrestled each other like 500 times, but this is the first time I've seen it. Given that this was a BFG Series match, RVD and Anderson both went for quick wins, since there are fifteen minute time limits and different ways of winning are worth more points than others. RVD even busted out some submissions to go for the ten! Psychology isn't just about going after a body part, and I really thought that Anderson and RVD wrestled a nice little Series style match here.

* Austin Aries is a fucking star. I know the plan is probably to have Bobby Roode go over Aries and Storm to then win the BFG Series, but I was a big supporter of TNA keeping the World Heavyweight Title on Roode at Lockdown, just because I feel that he is so good as champion and that Storm was just not as consistently good and the pay-off felt like a pay-off for the sake of a pay-off. Hearing Aries talk on Impact Wrestling made me believe that it would be an entirely appropriate move for Aries to upset Roode and become the new World Heavyweight Champion. He's one of my favourite guys in the ring -- and I found that I've never seen an Aries match that bored me, even when he was on the independent scene and guys would often just throw minutes into a match for the sake of "going the distance." Aries would make each minute matter. Throw in his personality and I think he would make a great babyface champion.

* Sonjay Dutt reminds me of Shannon Moore, in that he is really quite good in the ring, but just doesn't have that "weight" to be a major player in the X-Division to me. It's not a size weight, but it's just the nature of his character or his presence, or something. The dude fucking sucked on the mic, too. In the ring Dutt makes a fun addition to the X-Division, however.

* I'm instantly interested in Rubix. I would like to see him back and I'd like to see some explanation given as to why he wears a mask, so that we can begin to invest in him as a personality. He looks very weedy, as they say, but for the style he implements I think it works well.

* The Bully Ray/Joseph Park stuff started to wear on me, but then Park cut a really awesome promo this week. It was cookie-cutter babyface and cheesy as hell -- but it worked. Samoa Joe also looked like a beast this week. I've been hearing that he is unmotivated and shit, but personally, I still like the dude and think that his style and silent charisma make him such a valuable attraction to TNA. Aries vs. Joe doesn't really seem like a BFG main event, but given that the four point leaders face off at the September PPV, I'd like to see Joe as the clear point leader when the traditional tournament format is brought in, and then have Joe lose in the finals or semi-finals to Kurt Angle or something.

* Madison Rayne having a crush is kind of interesting, as it got me guessing as to who it could be. I don't know why, but I've got a gut feeling that it's going to be Eric Young, and that ODB and Rayne will feud over Eric. Man, I wish Young was still leading World Elite.

* Rashad Cameron entertained me. He worked well on the mic and he has a distinct look. If I had to pick between him and Sonjay Dutt to be the X-Division Champion, I'd definitely choose Cameron. He made the Little Jimmy look devasting! Mason Andrews also impressed me. He looked like such a babyface and really amazed me in the ring. There was one moment where Andrews smiled like a goof when Cameron kicked out of one of his moves, because he was having so much fun, and that is why you ease guys in with dark matches and such, but Andrews was otherwise perfect in his role. TNA should get really serious about using OVW to it's maximum potential, and get Andrews and Joey Ryan to work some dates there.

* Taeler Hendrix would have gotten a yes from me, too. I don't think she's super-impressive or anything, but she's not hard on the eyes, she seems to want to get better in the ring, and there was a spark of something there. She could be a really effective babyface in the Knockout Division. Al Snow, Taz and Bruce Pritchard are all good personalities, too. The Gut Check stuff seems to be working for TNA, and I think that in time it could even be given its own hour spot -- even if it's just seasonal. Show us some video packages of the guy, gal or tag team taking the Gut Check, give them some promo time, show some initial thoughts of the judges and then get them to have a match. In an hour, you could even have two "Gut Checks." If the show is received well enough, release it in its entirety on DVD, perhaps with bonus matches featuring some of the Gut Check talent that have made it through and gone on to better things.

Raven Reaper
06-30-2012, 09:34 PM
I really don't see what anyone sees in her. That's a nice story about beating cancer, but it doesn't translate into her being a good wrestler at all. She's not that hot by Knockout standards, and she has zero personality. They SHOULD be using the ladies that you just mentioned as opposed to shoehorning goose shit rookies into air time to the delight of precisely no one.

http://i.imgur.com/bAkuO.gif

Explain how this match was possible and was able to beat her despite she looks like a jobber.. Who knows? In the last few minutes, she even fucking kicked out of Kong's faceplant buster finisher... ha!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Iff3bIMISko" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
P.S. https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline - He has twitter war with her now.. Love his reply, "I would have had 100% if I had tits." lol.

Anybody Thrilla
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Raven Reaper...what the fuck are you even saying?

itsmeJD
07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Raven Reaper...what the fuck are you even saying?

The funny part is that he's even edited it and it still makes no fucking sense.

Rollermacka
07-02-2012, 02:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bAkuO.gif

Explain how this match was possible and was able to beat her despite she looks like a jobber.. Who knows? In the last few minutes, she even fucking kicked out of Kong's faceplant buster finisher... ha!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Iff3bIMISko" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
P.S. https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline - He has twitter war with her now.. Love his reply, "I would have had 100% if I had tits." lol.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DVVLsUUWrQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James Steele
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Noid, Kaz has no fucking charisma. He looks good and can wrestle, but the son of a bitch is boring on the stick.

Anybody Thrilla
07-02-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Mr. Steele here.