PDA

View Full Version : Feed Me More

MisterLee
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah honestly, I'm really loving this Ryback gimmick but the WWE really has to "feed us more" than just him destroying two twinkle jobbers every night..entertaining, yes but you can definitely see the crowd is totally behind Ryback's character..WWE..hello?..make him legit now!

Damn
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
WWE should have Ryback defeat everyone on the roster and go on an unbeatable streak, like 293-0, and then have him go against HHH. HHH is losing the match when NASH returns and tazers Ryback. HHH then pins him and ends the streak!

MisterLee
06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
What an awesome idea....DAMN!

Jari
06-27-2012, 11:27 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s9D1XVsCXYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shisen Kopf
06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I love these weekly ryback threads.

tjogo
06-27-2012, 01:26 PM
feed him 4!

DrCrawford
06-27-2012, 06:33 PM
feed him a pink slip, or a new gimmick

Jura
06-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Feed him whore

#1-norm-fan
06-27-2012, 06:36 PM
but you can definitely see the crowd is totally behind Ryback's character..WWE..hello?..make him legit now!

The crowd is really getting behind him...

So let's hurry up and change what he's doing.

Patience, people. What ever happened to slow and subtle character builds in wrestling? Jeez.

Malfeitor
06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Feed him Thor.

MisterLee
06-27-2012, 07:41 PM
The crowd is really getting behind him...

So let's hurry up and change what he's doing.

Patience, people. What ever happened to slow and subtle character builds in wrestling? Jeez.

Thing is..2 jobbers every week is getting wack..I mean if anything, add another..make it 3 jobbers!

#1-norm-fan
06-27-2012, 07:49 PM
3 jobbers would be awesome. They've already hinted at it with the "feed me three" thing so they pretty much have to do it at some point.

#1-norm-fan
06-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Also, 3 jobbers means a 3 man jobber promo before every match. This idea makes me happy.

el bobbo
06-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Does anyone think he'll face someone credible on the 1,000th episode of Raw. Someone high up the card like a Heath Slater or even a returning Luke Gallows?

#1-norm-fan
06-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Gillberg

GD
06-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I cannot stand Ryback. Sorry.

tjogo
06-27-2012, 11:16 PM

well your avatar's face gets me mad. :nono:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt30/Camobeagle/Edgespear.jpg

#1-norm-fan
06-28-2012, 12:36 AM

I forgive you

Schlomey
06-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I find Ryback horribly 1 dimensional and am sick of the formula they have for debuting new "stars".

Personally I would rather see compelling storytelling. Give the guy some interviews (out of the ring). Build a person out of him. Let us know why he does what he does....They focus solely on the destruction but his 2 minute matches don't make any kind of lasting impact on the character...which is, in my opinion, more important than ring work (at least in the early stages of a career).

Just my .02.

MisterLee
06-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I find Ryback horribly 1 dimensional and am sick of the formula they have for debuting new "stars".

Personally I would rather see compelling storytelling. Give the guy some interviews (out of the ring). Build a person out of him. Let us know why he does what he does....They focus solely on the destruction but his 2 minute matches don't make any kind of lasting impact on the character...which is, in my opinion, more important than ring work (at least in the early stages of a career).

Just my .02.

Don't you miss how wrestling characters were built like how they were back in the day? That is the perfect formula-in general really. A good movie needs character development-same in this situation.

Schlomey
06-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Vince says "he's in the business of making pictures/stars etc..." in an interview. Yet he doesn't practice what he preaches. I could possibly get behind a big oaf like Ryback IF he had a story or a point. But as of right now I know what to expect every time I see him. A 2 minute squash, a bunch of yelling, and nothing by way of motivation.

blake639raw
06-28-2012, 07:59 PM
He's not meant to be a deep character or anything. He comes out there and destroys people. His offense is intense as all hell. He doesn't need to cut promos. It would be counterproductive.

#1-norm-fan
06-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Vince says "he's in the business of making pictures/stars etc..." in an interview. Yet he doesn't practice what he preaches. I could possibly get behind a big oaf like Ryback IF he had a story or a point. But as of right now I know what to expect every time I see him. A 2 minute squash, a bunch of yelling, and nothing by way of motivation.

Well, he's failed in his attempts to make stars over recent years. Doesn't mean that's not his goal. Ryback is being established right now. This is how guys were built back in the day... you know... when wrestlers were ACTUALLY getting over because characters had time to slowly develop.

Too many wrestling fans today want a guy to squash people, beat some midcarders, hit the main event, win the title then lose the title in the span of a fucking year. That's not how you build a character who is massively over. That's how you build Jack Swagger.

#1-norm-fan
06-28-2012, 08:17 PM
He's not meant to be a deep character or anything. He comes out there and destroys people. His offense is intense as all hell. He doesn't need to cut promos. It would be counterproductive.

That too. You've got Damien Sandow right now building a character that's more in tune with Schlomey said. Totally different characters that the company is trying to build up in totally different ways. And both ways currently work PERFECTLY... for that character.

Mr. C
06-29-2012, 12:50 AM
I wish Ryback were in Money In The Bank. He’d just be able to do some spots and fling guys and ladders and guys onto ladders and ladders onto guys. It would also let him get clobbered a bit without looking weak since he could have multiple guys with ladders teaming up to put him down for periods of time here and there in the match. Then in the end, he can rise from the wreckage, slaughter the remainder, and win the thing like a beast. From there, he goes back to squashing folks without saying a word about his plans for the briefcase while the champion is constantly sweating, knowing he’s got a terminator coming for him at any moment. :y:

Lock Jaw
06-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Sid looked more badass in his short squash against Slater than Ryback ever has.

#1-norm-fan
06-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Did he? Did he really?

Damndirty
06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Well, Brodus is out of the picture for a streak vs. streak, but it would still be a fun match.

Shisen Kopf
06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
They need to give Ryback magic powers to really make him the best ever.

#1-norm-fan
06-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Well, Brodus is out of the picture for a streak vs. streak, but it would still be a fun match.

Ryback ending Tensai's streak would have been cool.

I don't like the idea of Ryback vs Brodus. Face monster vs Face monster just doesn't sound good to me. It might be interesting to see but I don't think it would be good for their characters.

Lock Jaw
06-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Did he? Did he really?

Yes. Yes he did.

Dat Fool Train
06-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Nobody wants to work with Ryback because he's unsafe and sloppy in the ring. I hate him.

Road Warrior
07-01-2012, 01:58 AM
The problem with Ryback is that no legitimate badass, which I assume he's supposed to be , walks around saying "feed me more". The only thing I think of is Little Shop of Horrors when he says that, it also doesn't help he's a shorter guy.

Sepholio
07-01-2012, 02:01 AM
The problem with Ryback is that no legitimate badass, which I assume he's supposed to be , walks around saying "feed me more". The only thing I think of is Little Shop of Horrors when he says that, it also doesn't help he's a shorter guy.

Maybe this just means that Ryback is the only true badass, and that all the other who don't say it are just posers.

#1-norm-fan
07-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Nobody wants to work with Ryback because he's unsafe and sloppy in the ring. I hate him.

lol. How is he unsafe and sloppy in the ring? The intention of him tossing jobbers around like ragdolls is to make it look like they are being brutally manhandled. Has he injured any of them that you know of? Fuck, I don't remember ever seeing him even come close. Which is pretty damn impressive considering the style.

Skippord
07-01-2012, 04:09 AM
to be fair all of those dudes he wrestles could be dead for all we know

they could be doing a Hugh Jackman in The Prestige kinda thing

#1-norm-fan
07-01-2012, 04:17 AM
to be fair all of those dudes he wrestles could be dead for all we know

they could be doing a Hugh Jackman in The Prestige kinda thing

Nah. One of TPWW's resident indy geeks would have reported them missing by now.

Gertner
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
As much as I disagree with the Goldberg comparisons, Goldberg's rise is a perfect example of not needing a story or anything. He just went out there, didn't speak and killed bitches dead and was one of the most popular stars of the 90's.

MisterLee
07-05-2012, 11:04 AM
As much as I disagree with the Goldberg comparisons, Goldberg's rise is a perfect example of not needing a story or anything. He just went out there, didn't speak and killed bitches dead and was one of the most popular stars of the 90's.

Ok, I can agree with you there..I guess it's for the better to..depending on his promo skills, maybe it's better off that Ryback doesn't speak. LOL

Curtis Anderson
07-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I think Ryback has the potential to be more unstoppable than Goldberg. He currently has a higher win percentage, which is still early I'll admit but they seem to want to keep him winning for long periods. Goldbergs streak should have really ended at 108-0 when he lost to Roddy Piper in a WCW house show they never documented. Ryback will definitaly win more than 108 in a row.

XL
07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Does anyone think he'll face someone credible on the 1,000th episode of Raw. Someone high up the card like a Heath Slater or even a returning Luke Gallows?
What's that you say? Slater and Gallows? Credible?
I think Ryback has the potential to be more unstoppable than Goldberg. He currently has a higher win percentage, which is still early I'll admit but they seem to want to keep him winning for long periods. Goldbergs streak should have really ended at 108-0 when he lost to Roddy Piper in a WCW house show they never documented. Ryback will definitaly win more than 108 in a row.
He will?

That's a bold statement is this era of stop/start booking.

Shisen Kopf
07-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Skip Sheffield is the only man who could possibly beat the great Ryback. Look out for ted dibiase to show up with a fake Ryback so at summer slam we have Ryback vs Ryback

<marquee scrollamount="17">-EDIT- SUPER POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</marquee>

MisterLee
07-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Skip Sheffield is the only man who could possibly beat the great Ryback. Look out for ted dibiase to show up with a fake Ryback so at summer slam we have Ryback vs Ryback

<marquee scrollamount="17">-EDIT- SUPER POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</marquee>

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27000000/Skip-Sheffield-skip-sheffield-27084845-1280-547.jpg