PDA

View Full Version : Guys, I might just be a simple retired poster/ghost/moderator/muck cleaner upper, BUT

Supreme Olajuwon
07-06-2012, 02:16 PM
I think I like TNA more than WWE now.

TNA is by no means perfect, but I love the energy they put into their shows. Impact is actually fun to watch. Also Austin Aries might be the "BEST IN THE WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLD" right now.

WWE on the other hand has been fucking terrible lately. Some stuff is alright, but the rest of it feels like they put no effort into it. I hate their fucking skits that they have to put on every Raw now. It reminds me of kids at summer camp putting on skits. They're not funny and they're really forced and awkward. If your talent can't act, then don't put them in segments where they have to act.

But that's just my thoughts on the matter. I would love to hear yours!

Supreme Olajuwon
07-06-2012, 02:17 PM
<marquee scrollamount="15">OOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooohttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x40/badlefthook/Austin_Aries.jpgOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo</marquee>

Kapoutman
07-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I still like WWE more, probably just by habit, and because I don't get Spike TV where I am.

However, I do appreciate TNA's product when I catch clips of it on YouTube. The only thing I have been pointed to that annoys me is Robbie E, but Austin Aries is pretty good, and I like Samoa Joe's style. I also like Bully Ray. It's pretty good how he reinvented himself.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I would definitely say I watch WWE out of habit and not because it's compelling television. Because it's not.

whiteyford
07-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I keep meaning to give Impact another try but i seem to catch the abortion episodes between the good ones and stop watching.

Xero
07-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Tried watching Impact the other week. Started with Hogan doing a promo. Got bored and didn't continue to the next segment. The time before that I tried watching it opened with Sting in the title match and I turned it off three minutes into the match.

I actually have no doubt the rest of the show is good, I just can't stand watching Sting, Hogan, etc being in such prominent positions and it turns me off from the rest of the show.

Like others, WWE is out of habit than anything else. Honestly, the ONLY thing worth a fuck in WWE right now is the Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ saga.

DaveBrawl
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
To me it's been this way the last few years. Around the spring or summer TNA gets better for a while and WWE kind of dips off, then around fall they both start to suck, and then around Novermber WWE picks up and the cycle continues.

Shisen Kopf
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Both are shit, OCW is the best fed out there right now

Big Vic
07-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I still like WWE more, probably just by habit, and because I don't get Spike TV where I am.

However, I do appreciate TNA's product when I catch clips of it on YouTube. The only thing I have been pointed to that annoys me is Robbie EI always change the channel when brodus clay comes on.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
I guess an alternative way to put this is "Guys, have you watched WWE tv lately? It fucking sucks!"

Except Ryback of course.http://tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Shisen Kopf
07-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Ryback is the great thing in the history of ever.

Shisen Kopf
Not one but two jobbers. Damn that's awesome.

Shisen Kopf
Bushwhacker Luke, woooooooo! Is better though.

Kapoutman
07-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I always change the channel when brodus clay comes on.

DON'T TALK AGAINST BRODUS CLAY. HE'S AWESOME.

MoFo
07-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree.

Slater and Ryback are the only WWE I can be arsed to watch.

Still don't like Bobby Rooooooooo as champ tho.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Ryback is great. That's for sure.

Santino and Teddy Long at a barbeque? Not as great.

Big Vic
07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I hated the stupid spot with kane lighting the grill. When is the next time we are going to hear him say "I became human again"

Big Vic
07-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Another thing instead of having Lord "Albert" Tensai job out to Tyson Kidd they should have used him to put Ziggler over. He is a big guy and beat The Rock and Stone Cold on the same night to become the undisputed champion.

Ziggler could have used that rub to get one step closer to the Main-event scene.

irishmaster
07-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I think TNA has been fantastic the past while. Yes you still have the Hogan promos but there are too many good things about it. This Open Fight Night has the poteintal to be brilliant (if used right). Bully Ray is fast becoming my fav heel to watch and Austin Aries could easily become the face of the company. But they need to take a few risks - gettin out of the Impact Zone would be the first.

James Steele
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I watch TNA in passing, but I just don't care as much about most of their wrestlers. TNA has been good lately, but WWE has been great for awhile now.

Hanso Amore
07-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Another thing instead of having Lord "Albert" Tensai job out to Tyson Kidd they should have used him to put Ziggler over. He is a big guy and beat The Rock and Stone Cold on the same night to become the undisputed champion.

Ziggler could have used that rub to get one step closer to the Main-event scene.

what?

Supreme Olajuwon
07-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I watch TNA in passing, but I just don't care as much about most of their wrestlers. TNA has been good lately, but WWE has been great for awhile now.

Dunno about that mang. The Punk/Bryan feud has been great and whenever Triple H shows up it's been great, but the rest of it has been awful with the occasional entertainment.

Scott Roberts
07-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Couldn't agree more. TNA has been really delivering as of late while WWE just seems to be going through the motions and all their backstage promos just seem really clumsy and forced. TNA brings so much more intensity into their shows and of course Austin Aries has the Scott Roberts seal of approval.

Rammsteinmad
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Superstars is still a pretty awesome show, as was NXT, haven't seen enough of the new NXT to make an opinion yet.

I still watch Raw and Smackdown every week, but to be honest I pretty much skip most of it. It is really "programmed" in at the moment. Besides the WWE title angle and Tyson Kidd, I find it really hard to get into.

Which is a shame, I've said this many times on here now, but 2011 was a FANTASTIC year. Seriously, the entire 12 months was compelling, entertaining, and exciting. The angles were all hot, the PPV's were all incredible, hell, even Mark Henry was delivering. 2011 was really the start of something special for WWE.

And then came 2012, and instead of further pushing all these fresh faces in the main event, WWE pretty much ditched them all in favour of guys like The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, and now Big Show's 87th "I'm a pissed off giant" heel turn. It was nice for a pop now and then, but right now the product has suffered terribly because of it.

TNA, meh, I guess they do try. I watch all their PPV's and will watch Impact now and then, but to be honest, I just always go into every TNA show thinking they have the potential, but it never lives up to it. Pretty much every TNA PPV looks great, on paper, but I can't remember the last time I watched a TNA pay-per-view and legitimately thought "holy shit that show was good".

Kinda...

Lockdown 2011 was pretty good. :y:

Ultra Mantis
07-06-2012, 07:02 PM
what?

Big Vic comes from an alternate universe where Chris Jericho was born in Albert's body.

drave
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
TNA has a better show, wrestling wise for sure. Everyone seems to come out and leave it al in the ring every single night! The whole AJ/Dixie thing is pretty wank, and reminds me of a stupid WWE "storyline". Their promos (see AA - GMTEL) are on fucking point week after week. Open fight night makes things more "interesting" regardless of how much of a work it really is, just seems to spur matchups never seen before, or rarely seen.

WWE and their "entertainment" has been complete shit as of late, especially the whole 4th of July "skits". I DVR'd Smackdown and watched less than 30 mins of it without fast forwarding it. Oh yea, and John Cena in MITB..... really?! I could see a swerve there, but something tells me he is due for another Superman run after his recent streaks of losses.

Best thing in WWE right now is by far Daniels / Punk, but the AJ storyline is wank. Ziggler is where it needs to go, he needs to win MITB and fucking be on top.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure whether or not I prefer TNA or the WWE, but when I watch TNA there is certainly some energy in the presentation of that product. I really enjoyed watching it last week, and I've made it a point to watch it again this week. That's more than I can say for the WWE -- since I've missed RAW and SmackDown this week (I will, however, continue to give NXT opportunities to win me over).

That being said, I have a feeling that the WWE is really going to pick up for SummerSlam. I think the two major storylines heading into the PPV will be Triple H and Brock Lesnar battling -- perhaps with the stipulation being that if Brock wins, Triple H will relinquish COO status to Paul Heyman. I also feel that John Cena will win Money in the Bank and cash in on CM Punk like everyone before him -- taking advantage of Punk when he is down -- despite promising to announce his title shot ahead of time. I think that Cena/Punk will have an epic rivalry that will get people talking. I also feel in my gut that SummerSlam will also feature Sheamus defending the World Title against Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio facing a returning Rey Mysterio and Kane standing up for a babyface AJ (although not officially becoming her boyfriend or anything) to teach Daniel Bryan some respect. I also really, really, really want the WWE to do Christian vs. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Title too. But come on -- that PPV would be awesome. Perhaps throw in a TLC Match pitting Kofi Kingston & R-Truth against The Prime Time Players, Epico & Primo and maybe the thrown together babyface team of Tyson Kidd & Zack Ryder and you have a pretty tremendous PPV on paper.

One thing that really confuses me about the current WWE product is that there are two World Championships when the rosters are essentially unified. It makes no sense! I think the WWE has to either separate the brands more definitively or start acknowledging the redundancy of having two World Champions.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Also, I still think that the first WrestleMania story put forward should be Dolph Ziggler winning the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match and announcing that he plans to cash in at WrestleMania. Not honourably either. Have him announce that he's going to pick off the winner. It'd be entirely in-line with his heel spotlight-stealing persona. If you then draw the brand lines up more solidly, then whoever is the World Heavyweight Champion and Ziggler could also be kept separate until WrestleMania.

Emperor Smeat
07-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Majority of the time I end up missing TNA but on the occassions I watch it, end up enjoying the mid and lower card stuff a lot more than the main event stuff similar to the WWE most of the time.

TNA still has a really bad problem with consistency and booking.

Like the time they held a league leading up to a Bound for Glory ppv which was going along well and then typical of TNA, they decided at the last moment to trash weeks and months worth of development while having the big payoff of Roode winning the title occur on tv which made the big interest in the pvv become meaningless.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Austin Aries should win the World Heavyweight Title at Destination X, in my opinion. He is so fucking good. James Storm can often be great -- both in the ring and when it comes to promos -- but I just don't feel the need for him to be champion like I feel for Aries. Roode was always more consistent in the build-up to the Lockdown match with Storm whereas Aries has actually been performing slightly better than Roode, in my opinion. Aries should go over to make this new Destination X concept worth something.

Kenny King for new X-Division Champion and a feud with Doug Williams as well.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Imagine how hot the place would be if Aries made Roode submit at Destination X. It would be fucking molten.

The next Open Fight Night, Roode comes out and calls out Hulk Hogan to a fight. Roode references Hogan trying to sabotage him and saying that he's "not the guy." Well Roode is "the guy" calling your old orange ass, Hogan, and he will be "the guy" kicking it. Everyone backstage gets up in arms about Roode calling out Hogan, and a bunch of faces are like "Don't do it, Hulkster" and Hogan's just all "*sigh* You know what? I'm going. This is my concept, and I'm going to live up to it."

An old, broken Hogan heads to the ring as Roode is standing there like a hungry hyena. Hogan is talking down the ramp like "You really want this? Really? You want to settle business like this?" Hogan wipes his face a bit to sort of imply "What the fuck am I doing out here?" and he gets in the ring with Roode, who goes right on the attack on Hogan, pummelling him in the corner. The ref gets Roode out and then Roode tries another shot on Hogan, but Hulk blocks it and nails Roode once, twice, but goes to whip him and Roode kicks the knee of Hogan. Roode then starts beating the living crap out of Hogan some more, and Hogan does a blade-job to sell it. The referee stops the match and awards it to Roode, who continues the bloody beatdown of the icon.

James Storm then hits the ring and saves Hogan from Roode, as medics come out to check on Hulk, who needs a little help getting to the back, but refuses a stretcher. Thus begins the build to Roode vs. Storm -- Texas Deathmatch at Bound For Glory -- Hogan puts his status as Impact Wrestling's GM on the line. If Roode wins, then he takes over and vows to fire Hulk Hogan, Brooke Hogan and James Storm. "But don't worry, Hulk. I'll personally induct you into TNA's Hall of Fame, where I'll get to give you an honest induction speech -- about how you are jealous of me and the rightful champion that I am."

At Bound For Glory, Aries defends the World Title against Kurt Angle -- Greatest Man in the World vs. Greatest Wrestler in the World. Angle cuts promos heading into the event about how he walked out of last year's BFG the champion, and Aries says that he's far more of a man than Bobby Roode is, and perhaps shoots on how someone needs to beat Angle so that he can stop being a crazy before he hurts himself.

Also at BFG, have Daniels vs. Styles vs. Joe, just as a "because we fucking can" match.

Keith
07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
The only reason I don't watch TNA more frequently is because I just quite simply forget it's on.

Ever since Smackdown moved to Fridays, I don't associate Thursdays with wrestling.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2012, 12:20 AM
So yeah, I'm really excited about the potential both companies have over the coming months.

Kane Knight
07-07-2012, 03:30 AM
I guess an alternative way to put this is "Guys, have you watched WWE tv lately? It fucking sucks!"

Supreme, is this true? Are you being a negative nelly?

I should really give TNA a try again. I've been bored by what I've caught of Raw and Smackdown of late. I'm only enjoying PIPE BOMBS, because not acting=charisma.

owenbrown
07-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Supreme only comes in here to bitch :shifty:

JimmyMess
07-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Could Austin Aries fit into the WWE main event scene with a Jericho, Cena, Big Show, Kane, etc?

Not knocking him or anyone else, but do you get where I'm coming from?

For the record I do not watch TNA

James Steele
07-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Imagine how hot the place would be if Aries made Roode submit at Destination X. It would be fucking molten.

Yup. All 200 people would be going nuts.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Could Austin Aries fit into the WWE main event scene with a Jericho, Cena, Big Show, Kane, etc?

Not knocking him or anyone else, but do you get where I'm coming from?

For the record I do not watch TNA

Yes. He's that fucking good. People might not buy him against a Kane or Big Show right away, but put him in there with your Chris Jericho's and your Daniel Bryan's first.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Supreme, is this true? Are you being a negative nelly?

I should really give TNA a try again. I've been bored by what I've caught of Raw and Smackdown of late. I'm only enjoying PIPE BOMBS, because not acting=charisma.

CM Punk is probably the best actor in the entire WWE...

Your hatred for him is seriously as irrational as #1-wwf-fan's for Alex Riley.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Kenny King is fucking goodness. I saw him on ROH TV a while back and he impressed me, but ROH did not keep me hooked. In TNA, he made me a fan all over again. He's got all the tools. TNA are fools if they don't make him the new X-Division Champion.

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2012, 11:23 PM
CM Punk is probably the best actor in the entire WWE...

Your hatred for him is seriously as irrational as #1-wwf-fan's for Alex Riley.

lol. Really? This again? Take your hand off your dick next time he's on your TV. Maybe that will help. I'm not gonna fill another thread with videos of Alex Riley being a fuck up because you want to try to justify your boner.

James Steele
07-08-2012, 01:08 AM
:lol:

KK hates CM Punk because he is popular and liked by everyone and we all know KK hates everyone.

Alex Riley is ok and has natural charisma, but he is probably a couple of years away from being an IC/US championship level guy.

Mr. Nerfect
07-08-2012, 04:19 AM
lol. Really? This again? Take your hand off your dick next time he's on your TV. Maybe that will help. I'm not gonna fill another thread with videos of Alex Riley being a fuck up because you want to try to justify your boner.

I'm not even a huge A-Ry supporter, dude. I just don't think he is terrible and can acknowledge, as Steele said, that the dude has got more charisma than half the fucking roster.

As Mr. Steele said -- a few years and A-Ry will be ready for a decent mid-card reign. I think the time was right for a good storyline with Dolph Ziggler last year (to help cover up Riley's greenness in the ring). I would have brought up Shaul Guerrero to be Riley's on-air girlfriend and to balance out the odds with Vickie in US Champ Ziggler's corner. Ah well, it was not to be.

mike adamle
07-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Kenny King is fucking goodness. I saw him on ROH TV a while back and he impressed me, but ROH did not keep me hooked. In TNA, he made me a fan all over again. He's got all the tools. TNA are fools if they don't make him the new X-Division Champion.

Ehhhh. I kind of disagree. I watch ROH pretty regularly, and Kenny King just always seems to be so sloppy. A few years ago everyone attributed it to him being young gun and once he gains a few years of experience it would wear off. Well, it's been a few years, and he's still as sloppy as before. Just watch his match at Best In The World where he won the tag belts, fucking sloppy. I'm probably rooting for either Doug Williams or Lars Only for X Division champ.

mike adamle
07-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Granted I didn't watch him in TNA this week, I guess I'll see what they do with him at the PPV.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I think I like TNA more than WWE now.

Feeling a bit more confident in this after the past 2 days.

Malfeitor
07-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I might be with you on this one, Supreme. Especially after Raw tonight.

Damndirty
07-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Aries wins Destination X.... surprises are in store for the future. I'm gonna catch Impact fosho now!

Kane Knight
07-10-2012, 02:10 AM

LOL. It's Noid. He thinks "pipe bombs" are "acting."

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2012, 02:25 AM
You're the only one talking about pipe bombs still, dude.

Autobahn
07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Feels like TNA is actually getting some positive hype over their product, rather than the 'die already' vibe that has circulated for years.

MoFo
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
I might be with you on this one, Supreme. Especially after Raw tonight.

For real.

NxT is still way better than Raw, SD & Impact tho IMO.

PAIGE

simplythevest
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Bryan will hold it till mania. Punk will win the whc thn they'll unify it.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
oh yeah?

simplythevest
07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah its pretty obvious they're just transferring the power within the dichotomy

Supreme Olajuwon
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
is that right?

Kapoutman
07-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Anybody else remarked that CM Punk has slowly been transforming into a giant vagina, for a lack of a better word, over the last year? He has almost devolved to Cena's style of insults with "goatface" and other stuff.

Big Vic
07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
The only reason I don't watch TNA more frequently is because I just quite simply forget it's on.

Ever since Smackdown moved to Fridays, I don't associate Thursdays with wrestling.I still don't associate fridays with it.

Rollermacka
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I keep meaning to give Impact another try but i seem to catch the abortion episodes between the good ones and stop watching.

That's why I record it. Every time I see a Hogan or Dixie on the screen I fast forward, I watch the X Divison and Bound for Glory series matches (maybe watch the knockouts matches), and usually watch the main event.

Kane Knight
07-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Anybody else remarked that CM Punk has slowly been transforming into a giant vagina, for a lack of a better word, over the last year? He has almost devolved to Cena's style of insults with "goatface" and other stuff.

Well, that explains Noid's fixation.

Kapoutman
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
I mean, the guy used to not give a fuck about anyone, kick the GM in the face, piss off faces and heels alike, tell the truth... Now he cares about the feelings of a woman who is clearly playing with him, his promos are nothing but playground insults (tool, dingus, "you have no friends!", etc.) and he has basically become everything he said he hated.

Big Vic
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Now CM Punk is the New York yankees and Eve is the New CM Punk.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Well then I guess that settles it. Austin Aries is officially the "BEST IN THE WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLD"

Big Vic
07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Aren't you dead?

Innovator
07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I mean, the guy used to not give a fuck about anyone, kick the GM in the face, piss off faces and heels alike, tell the truth... Now he cares about the feelings of a woman who is clearly playing with him, his promos are nothing but playground insults (tool, dingus, "you have no friends!", etc.) and he has basically become everything he said he hated.

With Eve saying that last night, I'm hoping he might get back to having a chip on his shoulder again.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Here is something that WWE does all the time now that bugs the bejesus out of me:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/_UMgEF4d3A4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@ the 3:00 mark of the video, the action spills out to the floor and all 8 competitors swarm to each other. Surely this will turn into an ALL OUT PIER SIX DONNYBROOK...
Nope, they just fucking stand there and shout at each other. What the fuck? You're supposed to be fighting each other. FIGHT EACH OTHER

Kapoutman
07-10-2012, 03:31 PM
With Eve saying that last night, I'm hoping he might get back to having a chip on his shoulder again.

Haven't seen Raw last night. You mean that Eve ripped me off? I knew she could not be trusted.

Innovator
07-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I wish next time Kofi jumps 10 feet in the air for a chop, the person just moves. It makes everyone look bad just waiting there.

itsmeJD
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Here is something that WWE does all the time now that bugs the bejesus out of me:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/_UMgEF4d3A4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@ the 3:00 mark of the video, the action spills out to the floor and all 8 competitors swarm to each other. Surely this will turn into an ALL OUT PIER SIX DONNYBROOK...
Nope, they just fucking stand there and shout at each other. What the fuck? You're supposed to be fighting each other. FIGHT EACH OTHER

I too hate this. I also hate the "Let's all six get really close to each other and pretend to struggle while the one remaining guy gets ready to dive onto us" spot.

Innovator
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I also hate how guys 30 seconds into a match start to act like they've been in a 10 minute war due to one or two moves.

Rock Bottom
07-11-2012, 12:15 AM
fire half roster

hire local jobbers

dont have the same dudes on every week

less backstage segment

more 2 come as i continue to gripe about wrestling over the next year or so

but 4 real on da real 2 dawg

Too many backstage segments and storylines. You don't need all this shit. Let the fans decide who the boss is. Let dudes wrestle. Make things a "big deal" again when a title match happens.

You can't follow all the stupid shit happening now. This thing with AJ is retarded. Entertaining, but when you step back and look at it, it doesn't really belong around the WWE title.

I'm a grown ass man and I want my youth back.

Fuck I remember being crushed when Ludvig Borga beat Tatanka.

shitttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2012, 08:03 AM
I was reading an article earlier today that talked about the possible benefits to the WWE starting up a relationship with a Japanese promotion or something to send talent they are not using over there to get extra polish when they are not being used and kind of stinking up the joint. Kind of like a developmental away from developmental. I like that idea.

Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre and JTG are the first three guys that come to mind. Swagger and McIntyre are both really good, and JTG at least has personality, but they are all essentially doing nothing at the moment and no one really cares. Well, Swagger they sort of do, but his role is to just keep losing. Have him go to this potential partner promotion and get some exposure over there while sharpening his skills.

Kane Knight
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM

Well, that explains Noid's fixation.

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Except that, you know, I agree completely with Kapoutman.

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2012, 11:42 PM
I enjoyed Impact Wrestling for the third straight week. It's a new record for them.

* Holy fuck is Abyss good at what he is currently doing. I want to hate the idea of a lost lawyer brother coming in and being able to hang with seasoned veterans of the business in matches that are the speciality, but he is doing such a good fucking job at it. Bully Ray is awesome, as well.

* Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are great at what they do. I don't like the melodrama of the angle, but I sort of appreciate the subtext of the feud -- Daniels is pissy that he lost to AJ Styles at Destination X last year, despite asking for the match, creating an inferiority complex that has installed the mission of destroying AJ Styles into Daniels' psyche. That he's completely fucking up Styles' life because Styles is a better wrestler than him is a great story, and Styles is really quite sympathetic in the role of a dude that loses all his friends because he is too good at what he does. It's just how we are getting those points across.

* I missed Kenny King.

* Zema Ion does things that make me really want to think the guy is awesome, but there's something so awkward about him at the same time. One day he will be really good, but right now he's just someone that will one day be really good, I think. Kenny King still should have won the X-Division Title at Destination X, in my opinion.

* Brooke Tessmacher is fucking amazing and I want to have sex with her vagina pretty badly. The same goes for Gail Kim. I liked that Kim busted out the Cattle Mutilation in their match -- a throw-back to a kayfabe boyfriend she once had in another promotion?

* Madison Rayne gives me boners, too. I don't know what the pay-off to this storyline with Earl Hebner is, but it's harmless so far.

* RVD has looked pretty motivated in the Bound For Glory Series thus far.

* I'm not sure how I feel about this "Aces and Eights" storyline just yet. It could be a really great angle or it could just be...there. I'm not putting any pressure on it just yet. Let's wait and see.