PDA

View Full Version : Playing games seems like a chore...

Pintint
07-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I dunno if I'm just getting old(er), or if its the games nowdays, but it feels lately like a chore to play a game. I have a bunch of cool games laying around that I bought and want to play through, yet at the same time, it feels like a "chore" to play them. I don't know if this makes any sense to you.

Modern Warfare 3 is the only game lately that doesnt feel like "work", but at the same time I get sick of it after a couple of rounds.
:/

Ultra Mantis
07-13-2012, 07:22 PM
I think the problem here is that you dont actually like playing video games.

DrA
07-13-2012, 07:28 PM
For me chores become more fun if you make games out of them.

Extreme Angle
07-13-2012, 07:35 PM
You're really weird, Pintint.

Jura
07-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I think I understand what he's getting at. Some games you can just play that are pretty much mindless and just fun but there are games that involve strategy, puzzles, and a story that you have to pay attention to that kind of make you just not want to even start it if you're in a really lazy mood.

Pintint
07-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Maybe its just a phase I'm in, lately been just procrastinating too much. Haven't really done much in any of my hobbies, just chilling and listening to music all the time :/

Extreme Angle
07-13-2012, 08:27 PM
In all honesty i'm in the exact same phase, a lot of you know how much time I used to spend on Xbox, but I spend pretty much all my time now studying and doing 3d shizzle.

Swiss Ultimate
07-13-2012, 08:29 PM
For me chores become more fun if you make games out of them.

The perfect post...

Emperor Smeat
07-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Usually only feel that way about certain games but end up trading them in for something else that would be more enjoyable.

Do have it occur more often with achievements on the Xbox 360 but gotten to the point of its not worth the time or the extra frustration to complete, I no longer bother with those.

Pintint
07-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Usually only feel that way about certain games but end up trading them in for something else that would be more enjoyable.

Do have it occur more often with achievements on the Xbox 360 but gotten to the point of its not worth the time or the extra frustration to complete, I no longer bother with those.

Yeah. I loved Deus Ex Human Revolution (didnt really feel like a chore, so maybe its just many of the modern games), but even there, I couldn't be assed with getting all the achievements. Played it through and thats it. Achievements seem like a cheap way to prolong replay value.

The only place I dig achievements is in multiplayer titles ala battlefield/cod.

LuigiD
07-13-2012, 09:46 PM
For me its more like "phases"..however, it usually means I just haven't played something new or fresh. I went through phases with WWE 12. I liked the game but just the thought of doing the career mode bored me to tears. I caved in and just bought the axess pack or whatever.
The achievements/trophies/etc are fun. However, I don't get mortified over them. Some of them are truly impossible and if I am not going to be able to get it, I just move on. I could get it if I dedicate like 2839432984 hours but not even worth it.

Kalyx triaD
07-13-2012, 10:35 PM
The moment playing a game just isn't fun anymore, I move on. It happened with UMvC3 and CoD: Black Ops. It would just click one day that this feels more like work then fun. Fuck that.