PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see Rock face at the Royal Rumble

Savio
07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Also, if you wish, reply with who you definitely don't want to see him face.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I'd like The Miz to get bumped back into the main event title scene and win the belt from Punk at say Survivor Series or whatever PPV is after that, and face The Rock at the Rumble.

You can have The Miz talk about how Rocky witnessed first hand that he can play with the top dogs when he beat Cena at Mania, then you'd have The Rock say he wouldn't have done it without his help and how he was an afterthought in his own main event. Miz can then beat down The Rock here and there to show he has what it takes. Bsaically just have the two refer back to their time at WM.

Then I'd have Punk win the Rumble and face The Rock at Mania. This is the main match I'd like to see out of all the combinations that get thrown around between the likes of Punk, Rock, Cena, Lesnar, Triple H, Taker.

Personally at Wrestlemania I'd like to see Punk v Rock, Lesnar v Undertaker and Cena v Sheamus as your 3 main events. Had they held off on Trips v Lesnar until then I would've liked to get that at Mania along with Cena v Taker but I guess that's moot now.

Jordan
07-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Another option is that CM Punk or whomever the champion is gets the title stripped from them and they hold the WWE Championship Match in the Royal Rumble itself, like the Ric Flair win... Rock in the Rumble would be the shit.

Savio
07-24-2012, 06:48 PM
I really hope they do not go in the direction of Rock vs Big Show....ugh

whiteyford
07-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Probably Punk or Bryan, just because you know the match would be decent enough, although I can't see them jobbing Rocky out twice. Not sure if they've relaxed the rules about cashing in the MITB but i'd love for Ziggler to cash in on the Rock at the Rumble, give him a possible 'Mania match too. Think 'Taker/Brock is the obvious match at Wrestlemania so anything that avoids another meeting with Cena is good enough for me.

Brigstocke
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Miz to win the rumble and forfeit his title shot to end the streak.

Savio
07-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I see Rock beating DB and losing to Punk at WM......Oh shit.....just thought of something....I want to see HBK come back and challenge Rock at Mania.

======================

I don't see Rock wanting to take part in a Elimination Chamber though.

whiteyford
07-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah can't see Rock losing again unless it's to set up something at 'Mania, Rock vs The Streak could work.

Emperor Smeat
07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Personally, Miz would be a great option assuming Punk would already had his feud with the Rock by then. Miz already has some back history with the Rock from the time he was champion.

Won't be surprised if its ends up being Cena in case the potential Rock-Cena II match can't occur at Mania.

Tazz Dan
07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Punk. I imagine the two would be golden on the mic in promos in the build up to it, and Rock could hold his own well with Punk too I believe.

A good program with The Rock could put Punk into a place where very few others have been, and where he was heading at this time last year.

Indifferent Clox
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd like to see this card at mania:

Punk v. Austin
Bryan v. HBK
Cena v. Rock for the wwe Title
Undertaker v. Brock Lesnar
Sheamus v. Dolph ziggler v alberto del rio for the world title
Sin Cara v. rey mysterio
Jon Moxley v mick foley

Indifferent Clox
07-24-2012, 08:07 PM
oh and charlie sheen v mae young's son

with interference from sexual chocolate

DLVH84
07-24-2012, 08:20 PM
I believe Rock vs. Punk would be perfect, especially after last night.

Pintint
07-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Rock Vs Great Khali would be a spectacular match

dronepool
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Snooki.

St. Jimmy
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
#ajall

Ruien
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Suprised I was the only one who voted for John Cena. I knew I would be in the minority but damn.

DLVH84
07-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Rock Vs Great Khali would be a spectacular match

I think that already happened on the big screen.

KaosDarksol
07-25-2012, 12:36 AM
The rock vs ryback

Juan
07-25-2012, 01:09 AM
CM Punk is the correct answer.

RVDmark
07-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Heel Rock vs Face Punk

Face Rock can get a bit stale, and we had the Rock's return match as a face at WM. Heel Rock made Hurricane look like a million bucks, imagine what he could do for Punk.

Joesgonnakillyou
07-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Rock's at a level now where he just won't get booed, like HHH. I don't think we'll see heel rock again.

Punk is definately the right idea, I really hope i see it.

Can't imagine Punk still being champ at the rumble though.

XCaliber
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Wanna see Rock vs Punk but i'd rather it be held off till Wrestlemania because I don't like the idea of it being Cena again it was supposed to be "once in a lifetime" afterall.

GD
07-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Jey Uso versus The Rock with Rikishi as the special enforcer.

Pintint
07-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Jey Uso versus The Rock with Rikishi as the special enforcer.

Rikishi attacks Jey Uso "for da rock" and costs his own son the match :y:

GD
07-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Jey Uso then goes on to face Jimmy Uso with special guest referee Rikishi in a "End of a Family" Hell in a Cell Match at Wrestlemania 29.

SammyG
07-25-2012, 10:52 PM
lol Rock-Ryback

MoFo
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Orton pls.

Swish
07-26-2012, 08:38 AM
I think they should do Rock Vs Undertaker.. at Mania.

I mean think about it that's one guy the Undertaker has never faced off.

It could happen let's say Taker wins the Rumble.

Then Rock vs CM Punk, Rock beats Punk. keeps the title till mania causes
a storyline to open up for taker and rock.

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
CM Punk is the logical choice, and I wanna see that match.

However The Rock is a lock to win the title at the Royal Rumble. So basically the question is "Who do you want to see The Rock beat..." and I have no desire to see Punk used just to get Rock the title so he can defend it at WrestleMania.

Therefore, the best choice out of guys that I don't mind just being used to hype The Rock's WrestleMania match would probably be Jericho or Show.

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I think they should do Rock Vs Undertaker.. at Mania.

I mean think about it that's one guy the Undertaker has never faced off.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/11Rs-4VyotQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cw34XLXYqBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-aySB6P7j9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nViQ3xPo9UQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keith
07-26-2012, 07:10 PM
The question is who would I like to see Rock face at the Rumble, so I'm going to go with Triple H.

It's not gonna happen, but I'd just love to see those two go at it one last time. They have history, they have chemistry, so it'd be awesome.

And I definitely don't want to see Rock wrestle Cena again. It was good for what it was, but let's move on.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2012, 09:10 AM
I want to see The Rock vs. CM Punk, but I actually think that would be a far better WrestleMania match than anything else. I don't really want to see Rock vs. Cena again, and Rock vs. Taker is just...not appealing. It's two guys that may not even be on RAW the next night in the main event, and it just feels weird to me.

So, that being said, I would like to save Punk vs. Rock for Mania, and set that up with Punk winning the Royal Rumble and getting his match against new WWE Champion, The Rock. The question is -- who does Rocky beat?

Personally, I think that The Rock challenging for the WWE Title will be money enough, and that you don't need to put him with a Randy Orton or a John Cena necessarily. That is why I would truthfully like to see The Rock vs. Daniel Bryan. It'd remind me so much of those matches that The Rock had with Kurt Angle, and Angle was always one of my favourite Rock opponents.

Do I think it will happen? No. But I would personally love to see it. You could even have The Rock cost Punk the WWE Title to Bryan, which could lead to Bryan cutting promos about The Rock not taking him seriously. Sort of like Jericho's approach heading into the 2002 Royal Rumble against The Rock. Bryan could also try and get in Punk's ear, and tell him that it could be Bryan vs. Punk at WrestleMania, and all Punk would need to do is help him beat The Rock and he could help Punk win the Rumble. There are all sorts of easy developments there.

The match itself would be amazing, too. It's scary how good Bryan is in the ring, and by just getting The Rock on the mat and in some submission holds, he'd look like a legit player in the WWE. Bryan may not ever be "the guy" (although I feel that he is one of the more refreshing characters on their programming in some time), he's definitely someone you want on your roster to make those around him look tremendous. He's gotten some of the best work Kane has ever done out of him this year. I'm imagining a moment where the referee is knocked down and Rock has Bryan pinned. The Rock tries to wake up the referee and Bryan manages to take advantage of the situation with The "Yes!" Lock, and Rocky actually taps out with no referee present. Something like that alone would do so much for Bryan.

Then, after Bryan loses to The Rock, he can do the whole "beat up a mid-card dude and take his roster spot" thing. Make it Tyson Kidd, and Bryan then enters about mid-way through the Rumble, eliminates some guys and manages to get a bit of a marathon thing going. The final three in the Rumble can be Punk, Cena and Bryan, with Cena and Punk tossing Bryan out together. Bryan can then go on to have a little program with Tyson Kidd, where Bryan can make Kidd look like a million bucks before he moves into the Elimination Chamber. Will The Rock work the Elimination Chamber? I don't know what they plan to do there. But Bryan can eliminate The Miz from that match, and then a pissed off Miz gives Bryan the Skull-Crushing Finale and allows him to be eliminated. Miz vs. Bryan for the Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania. Bryan's ring skills and goofy personality would be the platform to turning him face for the match, and WrestleMania can open with Bryan making The Miz tap-out.