PDA

View Full Version : How I met Your Mother

FourFifty
08-06-2012, 03:38 PM
So I just finished up the first 6 seasons on NetFlix, and they don't offer season 7... Does anyone know where I can scope out season 7 online?

Schlomey
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM
in the same boat, brutha. Finally a show my fiance and I both love and we are all caught up!

Sixx
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
http://eztv.it/shows/125/how-i-met-your-mother/

VSG
08-06-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-6147-How-I-Met-Your-Mother

Sixx
08-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Fuck you, I'm the one helping here.

Sixx
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Also, your link is shit.

VSG
08-07-2012, 08:15 AM
:wavesad:

Asmo
04-01-2014, 01:19 AM
So, bumping this, since there's no point in creating a new thread.
Who watched the finale? What did you make of it?

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-01-2014, 02:22 AM
Too angry for this right now.

Vastardikai
04-01-2014, 03:08 AM
I cried during Barney's moment. I will not lie.

Asmo
04-01-2014, 04:31 AM
I enjoyed the story, but not the storytelling.

The season introduced so much, be it the new character, or the growth of the existing troupe. And it did that at a brilliant pace, giving the audience the necessary time it takes to warm up. This episode, well, yeah.

Evil Vito
04-01-2014, 09:43 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Seinfeld is off the hook for worst finale to a brilliant TV series ever. Let's just go ahead and unravel years of character development in 5 minutes and then make it worse.</font>

PapaGeorgio
04-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I think it had a lot of problems and seemed rushed. I would have rather shortened the Wedding weekend episodes and explored some of the finale in those episodes.

Barney and Robin just getting divorced like that didn't sit with me right, especially since the past like 3 seasons have been building up to it all for it all to crumble so quickly. I think they messed up there, otherwise I could be okay with the plot point we saw.

But just because the plot points were decent doesn't mean they were terrible at telling the story of them. To me most of the finale could be fixed with one nice montage scene. I would take a page from the beginning of the movie Up, or ending of Scrubs and do a nice montage. Show how Ted and the Mother fall in love over time, have a happy life together, and then the Mother can still get sick and die but we can see Ted react. We can see Ted grieve, we can see Ted be a lonely adult. First that would treat the entire premise of the show with a little more respect. And then when we Ted be all lonely, talking to his kids revisting Robin would seem a little more right perhaps.

The finale still had more problems like how all the character de-evolved in the final episode, or fix problems in the last season of Ted learning to move on from Robin only to end with her. But the worst injustice was how they treated the mother in the final episode as a typical plot point to get back to Ted & Robin.

McLegend
04-01-2014, 05:47 PM
It was very bittersweet, and I loved it.

Lock Jaw
04-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Was the worst finale ever. They didn't address the biggest plot point and question from the series.....

Why does Ted sound like Bob Saget in the future? How does his voice change so drastically in the midst of his adult years?!

In fact, they SLAPPED the fans in the face and in the scenes they had in the future, Ted was back to his normal voice! No explanation whatsoever!

Savio
04-02-2014, 07:31 AM
The ending made the whole series make sense, but I don't think they should have made the mother so likeable and just have her die so ted can end up with robin.

Ermaximus
04-02-2014, 09:46 AM
9 seasons to do what they should have done in season 1. CBS....

Lock Jaw
04-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Tricked someone yesterday into believing that I had spoiled the twist at the end for him: Just as Ted is about to marry the mother, he has his throat slit open by a hoodlum on the street, and is comatose for years before waking up and going through rehab... but his voice wasn't the same!

Innovator
04-02-2014, 10:38 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0caCEG1nH3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAMN iNATOR
04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
9 seasons to do what they should have done in season 1. CBS....

Yeah, one piece of garbage off television...but in that same amount of time I'm sure the networks and cable channels collectively came up with (give or take) another 10, 000 "surefire hits".

Ermaximus
04-02-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm not saying the show was bad, it was by far one of the better shows on tv over the past several years, but if this is how they were going to end it, it makes the whole thing with the mother seem moot.

Requiem
04-02-2014, 03:53 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Seinfeld is off the hook for worst finale to a brilliant TV series ever. Let's just go ahead and unravel years of character development in 5 minutes and then make it worse.</font>

Seinfeld's ending was as perfect an ending to a show as there ever could have been. You're crazy.

Heyman
04-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Seinfeld's ending was as perfect an ending to a show as there ever could have been. You're crazy.

Although Requiem is a lousy piece of shit as a human being he is correct in this case.

I also think too many people are being overly critical of the HIMYM series finale.

It was obvious from the very first episode of the series that Ted would end up with Robin.

Kudos to the writers for keeping people on their toes.

Perhaps my perspective is different since I only watched the show on rare occasion, but I thought the ending and the series as a whole was great.

McLegend
04-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't think it was obvious he was going to end up with Robin.

I think in a couple years people are going to like this finale. It's going to take a little time though.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Honestly had no idea anybody still watched this show/it was still on tv until all the talk all over the internet about the finale. Watched the first series of it and thought it was getting tedious at that point, never mind 10 years later or whatever.

Sixx
04-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Found it funny for a really short while.

Had no idea it was on for so long. Still better than Everybody Loves Raymond that was on for 9 years as well.

DAMN iNATOR
04-05-2014, 12:19 PM
LOL @ STD getting all butthurt and leaving me a red dot for not liking something he does/did...:lol:

DAMN iNATOR
04-07-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't think Tatanka woukd take too kindly to the way STD has been bulkying me via my rep sheet...