Supreme Olajuwon
08-09-2012, 10:42 PM
http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wv/01/14807/14807.jpg
Bret "Hitman" Hart

vs.

http://wrestlegasm.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/punk_mitb_sit.png?w=640
CM Punk

3 days.

<select><option selected="selected">Best Wrestler Tournament History</option><option>#1. Randy Savage vs. Taz (72-4)</option><option>#2. The Undertaker vs. Steve Austin (42-42)</option><option>#3. Chris Jericho vs. Jake Roberts (52-15)</option></select>

#1-norm-fan
08-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Holy fuck this was tough. I went with Bret and instantly regretted it. Both incredible in the ring though Bret's a little better. I prefer Punk's style though. Punk definitely takes it on the mic. Hart had more of a superstar quality though.

Ugh

CSL
08-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't really think this is very close at all but I have a "horrible feeling" about how this will go

#1-norm-fan
08-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Nah, I think Bret is probably gonna take this one. Maybe by double digits.

Destor
08-09-2012, 11:01 PM
I think Bret is TERRIBLE. So this was easy for me. Bret is the harbinger of fail.

Arashi Kage
08-09-2012, 11:03 PM
I know it's an unoriginal justification of voting for the Hitman, but he is "the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be!"

:y:

Yes, Bret's career suffered with the move to WCW, but there is no doubting that Punk will be hard pressed to match the quality of memorable matches that Bret had in the WWF. Bret could work a top quality match with just about anyone, one of the most versitile workers in wrestling. Bret was awesome as both a face and heel (granted, when he was a "heel" with the new Hart Foundation anti-America angle, he was still a "face" to all of us in Canada :p).

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/b/brethart/64.jpg

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/brethart5.jpg

loopydate
08-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Bret is far from my favorite, but he's easily one of the top ten greatest of all-time. In a decade, Punk very well could be up there but, for now, Bret takes it.

#1-norm-fan
08-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I know it's an unoriginal justification of voting for the Hitman, but he is "the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be!"

*cough*HBK*cough*

Supreme Olajuwon
08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
LOL @ Luger in that picture

Supreme Olajuwon
08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
what a fuckup

Shisen Kopf
08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Bret easily. I always liked how he would call it THE Summerslam. So that's my reason.

#1-norm-fan
08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I liked Hart but I was pretty upset that Luger didn't win the title at WM X.

XCaliber
08-09-2012, 11:15 PM
My vote goes to Bret for now maybe if this poll took place several years from now my opinion could differ.

Kane Knight
08-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Hart was a great all-rounded. Punk is a one-note character.

Wishbone
08-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Voted Punk because while Bret's had a wonderful career and is one of the best of all time overall he didn't have the crossover appeal I think Punk can down the line. 10 or 15 years down the line I think we'll see Punk's career rivaling if not surpassing Hart's. Also Punk is far better on the stick which helped in my decision as promo power is a huge part of being a success in professional wrestling and Bret really didn't have it.

Curd
08-09-2012, 11:55 PM
While Hart has come across as bitter in post-Screwjob interviews, part of that may be due to selective quotation by interviewers. I'm also certain that Bret would have bumped to put over younger talent during his 2010 return if not for the mucky-mucks (thanks Scott Hudson) at Lloyds of London. He wrote a highly engrossing autobiography supported by an audio diary which he had the foresight to maintain during his WWE and WCW years. I actually felt for Bret when he described the looks of disappointment on the fans' faces when WCW had him turn heel yet again when the "nWo 2000" was beating on Terry Funk.

By contrast, Punk has done some dramatic things as well but seems a little "above" his situations; a big beatdown on Punk or some other kayfabe tragedy would elicit more pathos towards him and put him over the top as an authentic babyface on par with Rey Mysterio Jr. Or maybe I just have more sympathy for chronic whiners... oh, well.

Curd
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
I liked Hart but I was pretty upset that Luger didn't win the title at WM X.

Yeah, I was a huge Luger mark but his initial WCW contract (1987 - 1991) expired a little too late. I'm sure WWE would have made him champ after Warrior's WWE Title run was done. The steroid scandal prevented that.

According to Hart's book, Luger also leaked his scheduled title win over Yokozuna while at the bar. McMahon found out and changed the result to a count-out win for Luger. Luger seems to take this in stride nowadays because he's focused more on religion and doesn't bodybuild anymore (now around 185 pounds).

Road Warrior
08-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I don't really think this is very close at all but I have a "horrible feeling" about how this will go

whiteyford
08-10-2012, 01:31 AM

Like Savage - Taz you mean?:shifty:

Corporate CockSnogger
08-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Never liked Bret, always thought he was pretty boring so I'm going with Punk.

KaosDarksol
08-10-2012, 02:36 AM
The best in the world is better than the best there is, there best there was, and the best there ever will be

Heisenberg
08-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Bret Hart in his prime was awesome. The Sharpshooter was one of my favorite finishers.

Tazz Dan
08-10-2012, 05:31 AM
This is a tough one in a sense I guess, Bret always had solid matches. Bret/Perfect Summer Slam 92, Bret/Owen WMX, Bret/HBK WMXII, Bret/Austin WMXIV are 5 of my all time favourites, and that's just off the top of my head. Add in his tag career too and he had some cracker bouts back in the day as well.

Yeah he may not have been the most charismatic, but in his prime he could make anyone have a good match.

IMO

Nicky Fives
08-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Punk hasn't been around long enough to be better than Bret..... sorry.....

whiteyford
08-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Punk hasn't been around long enough to be better than Bret..... sorry.....

This. Give punk another 10 years and maybe my opinion might change.

Skippord
08-10-2012, 06:54 AM
I think Punk is better, so I am voting for him.

Rammsteinmad
08-10-2012, 07:11 AM
I voted Punk, but I don't mind who wins this. I was a huge Bret mark in the 90's, but sadly, seeing as how I was a mark who cheered or booed for anything, I saw everything through a different perspective.

Over the last decade, Hart has mostly done nothing but whinge and bitch about people, whilst CM Punk has been fucking incredible. I enjoyed Punk as an indy guy, but ever since he turned heel in WWE back in 2009, he has been completely untouchable.

So yeah, I voted for CM Punk, but it looks like Bret Hart will take this one. I have no problem with that. :y:

Joesgonnakillyou
08-10-2012, 07:51 AM
I voted Bret because I geniunely thought he'd need the votes, all I hear is unreasonable Bret hate on these boards despite the fact he was easily as good as HBK in his prime.

I love CM Punk though

Joesgonnakillyou
08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Over the last decade, Hart has mostly done nothing but whinge and bitch about people, whilst CM Punk has been fucking incredible. I enjoyed Punk as an indy guy, but ever since he turned heel in WWE back in 2009, he has been completely untouchable. :

Ah c'mon man! the last decade? He had to retire and had a stroke! If things had worked out better he could have still been having classics.

Don't get me wrong, I think CM Punk and Bret are both fantastic and a vote for either is fine but that's a little harsh!

stultiloquy
08-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Over the last decade, Hart has mostly done nothing but whinge and bitch about people, whilst CM Punk has been fucking incredible. I enjoyed Punk as an indy guy, but ever since he turned heel in WWE back in 2009, he has been completely untouchable.

Well, considering the screw-job, the career-ending concussion, the stroke, and losing Pillman, Owen, and Davey I would say he had a right to be pretty upset over the past couple of years.

Not only that, but the last decade shouldn't really apply with regard to garnering a vote for Bret anyway - he wasn't even an active wrestler within that period of time.

Curd
08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Punk could further catch up with Bret if he says, "Who are you to doubt Curtis Hawkins / Tyler Reks / Yoshi Tatsu?!?"

MoFo
08-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Hate Punk less.

loopydate
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I voted Bret because I geniunely thought he'd need the votes, all I hear is unreasonable Bret hate on these boards despite the fact he was easily as good as HBK in his prime.

In the ring, maybe.

Innovator
08-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Voted Punk to piss KK off.

Kane Knight
08-10-2012, 02:55 PM

I love CM Punk though

Maybe before Michaels came back I'd agree, but HBK was far better than Bret more recently.

Voted Punk to piss KK off.

BARROWMAN!

whiteyford
08-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Maybe before Michaels came back I'd agree, but HBK was far better than Bret more recently.

I see what you did there?:wtf:

jskinnyg
08-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Tuff one but I never was a big fan of Bret's attitude or mic skills...

Emperor Smeat
08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Really tough choice but went with Bret Hart.

Heisenberg
08-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Supreme with another great match up.

I'm not allowed to rep anymore today.

Wake Up Call
08-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Bret Hart

Punk is good, and I enjoy his skills, however, he isn't on the same level as Bret.

Krimzon7
08-10-2012, 10:01 PM
CM Punk by a mile.

Rock Bottom
08-10-2012, 10:41 PM
CM Punk is pretty good. I wish more wrestlers were like him.

Bret Hart was the shit. I wish all wrestlers were like him.

Rock Bottom
08-10-2012, 10:49 PM
It's a shame there aren't people like Hart and Benoit there to just teach people how to make certain things look somewhat real. The matches just look so much better when people aren't doing stupid shit like a GTS or (insert random Kofi Kingston spaz spot) that looks fake as fuck.

I mean, we all know it's fake, but it's lazy.

Rock Bottom
08-10-2012, 10:58 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J_shDqGkimQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Random stuff 4u2c, wish these 2 had more shit

Gertner
08-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Ugh. Both are horribly over-rated in every area. Guess I'll vote Bret Hart because he's Canadian.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Bret Hart forever.

#1-norm-fan
08-11-2012, 04:15 PM
It's a shame there aren't people like Hart and Benoit there to just teach people how to make certain things look somewhat real. The matches just look so much better when people aren't doing stupid shit like a GTS or (insert random Kofi Kingston spaz spot) that looks fake as fuck.

Regal's still around.

Lock Jaw
08-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I have thought long and hard about this one.

They are both pretty awesome in the ring, but I will have to give the edge to Bret Hart just because Sharpshooter and Figure Four Around The Ringpost > GTS and Anaconda Vice

CM Punk is better than Bret on the mic... But Bret wasn't too bad back in the day and managed to entertain me (especially as a "heel"). Bret was just abysmal on the mic in his recent WWE return though.

I loved Bret as a kid/teen pretty consistently. I hated CM Punk in the WWE until he turned heel and the whole SES thing. Then I loved him.

In conclusion, I am voting for Bret.

Lock Jaw
08-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I could easily see Punk passing him one day though.

Rock Bottom
08-12-2012, 03:32 AM
CM Punk is better than Bret on the mic... But Bret wasn't too bad back in the day and managed to entertain me (especially as a "heel"). Bret was just abysmal on the mic in his recent WWE return though.

Yeah, Bret was never really that good on the mic, but his stroke fucked up his ability to even form complete sentences sometimes. He's a lot better than a stroke victim could be!

Rock Bottom
08-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Regal's still around.

I don't think Regal was as crisp as the Canadian dudes. I never really bought his multiple knee thing.

Blue Demon
08-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Bret is my favourite wrestler....not the greatest on the stick, but solid enough and his in ring work is among the best. I do like CM Punk, and he's one of my current favourites, but Bret is my all time faveourite so I went with him.

DaveBrawl
08-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Bret Hart forever.