PDA

View Full Version : GAME: Remove A Main Character, Without Damaging The Film

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Which characters (with significant roles) do you think could be removed from the following films, without hurting them:

Star Wars IV
Ghostbusters
Jurassic Park
Predator
Airplane

I want to see your reasoning, and also any minor changes you'd make to the plot (without adding new characters).

The more central the character you remove, the more impressive your feat of imagination.

Whoever gives the best answer (as chosen by me, since it was my idea), will then name the next five films, and become the judge for the next round.

Use as few, or as many, of the five as you like.

OKGO.

Schlomey
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Which characters (with significant roles) do you think could be removed from the following films, without hurting them:

Star Wars IV
Ghostbusters
Jurassic Park
Predator
Airplane

I want to see your reasoning, and also any minor changes you'd make to the plot (without adding new characters).

The more central the character you remove, the more impressive your feat of imagination.

Whoever gives the best answer (as chosen by me, since it was my idea), will then name the next five films, and become the judge for the next round.

Use as few, or as many, of the five as you like.

OKGO.

Jurassic Park, I would remove the old guy who built the park. He is simply a figurehead. He shows zero knowledge throughout the film. The lawyer who is there as a rep for the investors could easily have filled the spot. The scientists could easily have shined more since they are the ones with the knowledge. Samuel Jackson, being a star, could have had a bigger part and filled any gaps. The grandchildren could have been the layers or even a scientists kids visiting their father at work. The old guy was useless and didn't add much as a main character and could easily be written out of the film with Sam Jackson taking the lead as the main figurehead of the film.

Schlomey
08-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Disregard this pile of fucking shit.

Skippord
08-14-2012, 10:05 AM
bold move there

El Vaquero de Infierno
08-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Star wars IV - jar jar bunks could have been removed. The team could have easily stumbled upon the gungan city after a water fight or just quick writing. Any of the other gungans with an actual personality could have taken his spot all the while making the film less hated and less cheesy.

You are mixing up Episode 1 with 4

MoFo
08-14-2012, 10:19 AM
You could prol remove Dan Akroyd from Ghostbusters w/o anyone noticing b/c he wasn't central to the plot and didn't have his own little sub story going on like Bill Murray trying to fuck Sigourney Weaver.

Just bump up Ernie Hudson's role a bit.

Schlomey
08-14-2012, 11:15 AM
You are mixing up Episode 1 with 4

haha wow. that is what happens when you post from an ipad 5 minutes after waking up before having coffee. :rofl:

Ermaximus
08-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Star Wars IV: Luke Skywalker. I wouldn't completely remove him, but have him die with Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru during the assault on their moisture farm. Thus with his death, Leia Organa Skywalker Solo becomes the main focus of the films and becomes the Jedi Master in Luke's place. She still wears the golden bikini in Return of the Jedi though.

Ghostbusters: Louis Tully. As much as I like Rick Moranis, his part as Vinz Clortho could have easily been given to Bill Murray instead. Just have Peter go to Dana's apartment and after seeing her possessed by Zuul, have Vinz possess Dr. Peter Venkman instead. Thus he becomes the Keymaster to Dana’s Gatekeeper. Like MoFo said, give Winston more airtime as a central character.

Jurassic Park: John Hammond. Sure he was the creator of Jurassic Park and all, but he honestly wasn’t needed. Instead, have Ray Arnold (Samuel Jackson) play the role of founder and creator of Jurassic Park. This way he can live and not get eaten by Velociraptors. Hell, for shits and giggles, have him punch one dead in the face before escaping with his life.

Predator: Dutch. Yes I know Arnold was a huge selling point for this movie, but fuck that. We’re changing the game, and making Blain the main star of this attraction. I mean, if Danny Glover can kill a Predator with his bare hands in Predator 2, then why the fuck can’t a big ass mother fucker like Jesse Ventura kill a bastard with a giant mini gun? Well, now he can! Have the entire squad get ravaged the same as before, except for Blain who clearly kills the Predator at the end, rescues the Vietnamese chick, and then gets away. I’d also have Dillon live. Carl Weathers needs to not die in everything he is in.

Skippord
08-14-2012, 11:52 AM
I would have removed all the human characters from all the predator movies, and just follow a predator around as he kills a bunch of humans.

Schlomey
08-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I would have removed all the human characters from all the predator movies, and just follow a predator around as he kills a bunch of humans.

remove the human characters and follow him around while he kills the human characters. INCEPTION! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

El Fangel
08-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Seriously, Twilight.

Remove Jacob, you get a shitty creepy love story.
Remove Edward, you get a shitty creepy love story.
Remove Bella and you get Pintint hard.

Skippord
08-15-2012, 01:54 AM
remove the human characters and follow him around while he kills the human characters. INCEPTION! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
they wouldn't be characters, just random assholes

The Predator is real in this scenario

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
08-16-2012, 09:11 PM
This is why we can't have nice things.

Ermaximus
08-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Why Jabba? Is it because everyone tried to add their own movies instead of using yours?

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
08-17-2012, 09:51 PM
It certainly is.

Stickman
08-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Forest Gump

Kane Knight
08-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure no one human in Jurassic Park was so important their absence would matter.

DaveBrawl
08-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Jeff Goldblum is of the utmost importance in everything he does.

Ermaximus
08-20-2012, 02:06 PM
So, you're saying that he was extremely important to his role in Earth Girls are Easy? I don't know Dave.

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Star Wars - Chewbacca = Still Great

Let's be honest, Chewie was supposed to be intimidating and lovable at the same time without having a character arc at all. Yet, he takes part in pretty much all the major scenes that Han does. Solo could conceivably just be better friends with R2D2 and be a bit more of a badass at times where Chewie is supposed to be intimidating. Films would still be great.

Also the Star Wars Christmas Special may not have happened...

Lock Jaw
08-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs The World minus Scott Pilgrim.

Just have Ramona Flowers fight her evil exes on her own, in order to win her FREEEEDOM.

DaveBrawl
08-20-2012, 02:46 PM
So, you're saying that he was extremely important to his role in Earth Girls are Easy? I don't know Dave.
I've never seen it, but if he's in it then I stand by that statement.

Ermaximus
08-20-2012, 02:58 PM
I've never seen it, but if he's in it then I stand by that statement.

Jim Carey, Damon Wayans, and Jeff Goldblum crash land their alien ship into the pool of Geena Davis. At first they appear as fury red, yellow, and blue aliens respectively. Through some kind of weird transformation, apparently stylits can make aliens look like humans, Geena Davis ends up banging Goldblum. Movie is rather dumb, but weren't most movies made in the 80's?

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs The World minus Scott Pilgrim.

Just have Ramona Flowers fight her evil exes on her own, in order to win her FREEEEDOM.

The lesbian scene might be a lot different.

Ermaximus
08-20-2012, 03:07 PM
The lesbian scene might be a lot different.

Just have Knives or Kim be her new gf?

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2012, 03:20 PM
...I think that would have increased the box office considerably. I hate that the movie did so poorly.