PDA

View Full Version : Who are the current (kayfabe) top 5 faces and heels?

Corporate CockSnogger
08-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I guess this could also just be who are the highest guys on the card, but we'll go with the kayfabe scenario.

Let's say you're in charge of picking two Survivor Series teams, one face and one heel, and you want to choose the top guys to give you the best chance of winning.

Let's take out the part timers Lesnar, Triple H, Undertaker and The Rock as well because that kinda fills up the majority of the face team straight away.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-16-2012, 07:05 PM
For my lists I'll go with

Face
1. John Cena
2. Randy Orton
3. Sheamus
4. Chris Jericho
5. Kane

Heel
1. CM Punk
2. Big Show
3. Alberto Del Rio
4. Wade Barrett
5. Dolph Ziggler

Cool King
08-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Face
John Cena
Sheamus
Randy Orton
Santino Marella
Kofi Kingston

Heel
CM Punk
Big Show
Alberto Del Rio
Dolph Ziggler
Cody Rhodes

Triple Naitch
08-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Do you mean the top five in terms of crowd reaction or who's the hottest five right now in terms of wins and losses?

Cool King
08-16-2012, 07:16 PM
I was going by crowd reaction. :-\

Corndad
08-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I was going by crowd reaction. :-\

If you were, how the hell is Cody Rhodes on your Heel team but not Daniel Bryan?

Anyways...

Face:
1. Cena
2. Punk *Don't care, he still is getting the Face Reaction*
3. Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Jericho

Heel:
1. Bryan
2. Big Show
3. Del Rio
4. Ziggler
5. Sandow

Cool King
08-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Shit, how could I forget Daniel Bryan? :$

I was sure someone was missing so I added Cody to fill the space.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I didn't mean crowd reaction, I just meant who in a kayfabe sense is the "best". Like if you were choosing 5 guys who had the best chance of winning for you, you wouldn't necessarily pick say Ryder over somebody like say Kane for example if he gets a stronger crowd reaction than him.

This is why I should stick to my comfort zone of "who would you rather f#*k" threads than try my hand at a wrestling thread :(

Lock Jaw
08-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Face:

1) Cena
2) Sheamus
3) Orton
4) Rey Mysterio
5) Chris Jericho

Heel

1) Daniel Bryan
2) Big Show
3) Alberto Del Rio
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) The Miz

Did not use CM Punk because not sure if he fits in with the heels or the faces.

#1-norm-fan
08-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Going strictly with Iggy's Survivor Series thing, I'd go with...

Face:
John Cena
Sheamus
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Ryback

Heel:
The Big Show
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Alberto del Rio
Dolph Ziggler

Shisen Kopf
08-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Ryback vs everyone

Skippord
08-16-2012, 09:45 PM
I was just thinking about this before I fell asleep last night, because I am a very sad lonely person.

Mr Amazing
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
faces

john cena
sheamus
jericho
orton
myterio

heels
cm punk
daniel bryan
big show
del rio
ziggler or miz

DLVH84
08-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Faces - Jericho, Orton, Sheamus, Mysterio, HHH
Heels - Ziggler, Bryan, Punk, Del Rio, Miz

Road Warrior
08-17-2012, 01:33 AM
Face
1. Cena
2. Orton
3. Sheamus
4. Jericho
5. Rey

Heel
1. Bryan
2. Show
3. Miz
4. Del Rio
5. Sandow

Didn't put Punk on list because his reactions are still mixed.
Didn't put Ziggler on the list because Vicki draws the heat, not him.

Keith
08-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Face:

1) John Cena
2) Chris Jericho
3) Randy Orton
4) Sheamus
5) Rey Mysterio Jr

Heel:

1) CM Punk
2) Dolph Ziggler
3) Alberto Del Rio
4) Damien Sandow
5) Daniel Bryan

It was tough to categorize CM Punk, because I'm really not sure if he's really made a heel turn, or if he even will. But just for the sake of saying he did (or will), I included him with the heels.

Also, if Cody Rhodes was active, it would've really made it hard to not include him, seeing as how I believe he is a future World Champion and main eventer.

#1-norm-fan
08-17-2012, 02:39 AM
The way he's acted during the last couple weeks trying to weasel his way out of the triple threat match specifically, Punk is definitely a heel.

Keith
08-17-2012, 02:42 AM
We'll see. I'm not sure yet.

Who knows if this is a new kind of "face" we're seeing? Maybe WWE is trying to teach kids to stand up for themselves in the face of an injustice, or to denounce whatever they don't agree with!

#1-norm-fan
08-17-2012, 03:21 AM
We'll see. I'm not sure yet.

Who knows if this is a new kind of "face" we're seeing?

That's what I thought until he started getting really whiny about the triple threat match which is a blatant "I'm a heel so this is what I'm supposed to do" thing.

loopydate
08-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Cena, Orton, Rey, Jericho, and Sheamus vs. Punk, Big Show, Del Rio, Bryan, and Ziggler

Kapoutman
08-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Cena
Orton
Jericho
Mysterio
Sheamus

vs

Punk
Big Show
Bryan
Del Rio
Ziggler

Jordan
08-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Cena
Orton
Jericho
Mysterio
Sheamus

vs

Punk
Big Show
Bryan
Del Rio
Ziggler

Cuse8
08-17-2012, 04:48 PM
faces:
cena
punk
sheamus
orton
rey

heels
bryan
cena (see what i did there)
vicky
miz
show

Damndirty
08-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I think with Punk, WWE may be blurring the lines between heel and face, but not relying on "Attitude" to make it a good thing. It has been shown that the some of the most popular superstars came to be after WWE allowed the fans to convert the heel into a face. They have to leave some part of what makes Punk likeable for this to happen (to Punk), if it is to.

Mr. Nerfect
08-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Face Team:

1. CM Punk - The WWE Champion and still technically a face as far as I am concerned, although I feel a heel turn is coming.

2. John Cena - The "Face of the WWE" and their franchise guy. How can he not make the face team?

3. Sheamus - The World Heavyweight Champion and having a tremendous run at that. He would be the logical #3 guy.

4. Randy Orton - Still a big deal, massively over and carrying a lot of credibility. Although having two strikes against his name might rule him out from ever being the #1 guy, he can certainly be used for big matches like this.

5. Chris Jericho - I think Jericho proves that he can win the big one at SummerSlam, and from that his face character should ride a certain wave of credibility. Personally, I am really enjoying this babyface return of Jericho's, as I feel it has freshened him up tremendously.

Heel Team:

1. Alberto Del Rio - As soon as I've brainstormed ideas for this list, the heel team seems so much weaker than the face team, so these guys would need to be built up first. Del Rio would make a great "financier" of a heel alliance to take out the top faces, and having Ricardo Rodriguez do special ring introductions for all of them would be pretty amazing.

2. Big Show - He's been given a credible push as a monster heel and is currently involved in the WWE Title picture.

3. Daniel Bryan - He's easily one of the most over acts at the moment, and he seems to be building some credibility. They made it look like he could have actually beat Randy Orton on SmackDown this week. Bryan's desire to prove himself would add tremendously to this match.

4. Dolph Ziggler - A rising heel if there ever was one, Dolph makes a good addition to any match he is in and should really be rubbing shoulders with the best in the WWE as he prepares for an inevitable World Heavyweight Title reign (unless he earns himself a second Wellness strike).

5. Wade Barrett - He's a fantastic speaker and would make a great "last addition" to a heel group looking to take on the top faces in the WWE.

Indifferent Clox
08-17-2012, 09:15 PM
face) John Cena, The Rock, CM Punk, Triple H, Sheamus
Heel) Big Show, Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk

#1-norm-fan
08-17-2012, 09:36 PM
I really don't know how people can see Punk's actions as far as trying to weasel out of the triple threat match as anything other than a pure and blatant heel tactic. It's a classic heel move. He's being a whiny heel.

Damndirty
08-17-2012, 09:40 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that he hasn't directly attacked John Cena as of yet. Now, if he does at Summerslam, then he may as well be considered 100% heel.

Lock Jaw
08-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I really don't know how people can see Punk's actions as far as trying to weasel out of the triple threat match as anything other than a pure and blatant heel tactic. It's a classic heel move. He's being a whiny heel.

Because he has toned it down a bit. Last week he was just like "I'm still the same guy. I speak my mind. That's what I do. If I don't like the match, I will say so."

#1-norm-fan
08-17-2012, 10:41 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that he hasn't directly attacked John Cena as of yet. Now, if he does at Summerslam, then he may as well be considered 100% heel.

He hasn't. He has been a dick to him though. Implying out of nowhere that he was jealous of Punk taking Rock out like Cena couldn't do.

#1-norm-fan
08-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Because he has toned it down a bit. Last week he was just like "I'm still the same guy. I speak my mind. That's what I do. If I don't like the match, I will say so."

Him speaking his mind and saying how he feels is fine. It's the fact that he feels like the triple threat match is "unfair" that is heelish. Typically, especially with the "Best in the world" take on all comers thing he's had going, he should welcome any challenge as a face.

Not to mention how he got put into the match. Attacking Show to cause the DQ and following it up with "Neither of you get a title shot because you're both LOSERS!". It's just something you say in order to come off more heelish.

St. Jimmy
08-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Faces:
Steen
CM Punk
Danielson
Aries
AJ

Heels:
Davey Richards
Jim Cornette
Ziggler
Sin Cara
Ryback

#1-norm-fan
08-18-2012, 05:31 PM
I'd definitely want Jim Cornette fighting on my Survivor Series team in kayfabe. Guy's an animal.

itsmeJD
08-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Top 5 period.....

Brad Hamilton

Shawn Dreheim

Enton Nigma

Jared Dreheim

Don O'Ryan

Gertner
08-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Faces

1. Cena
2. Punk
3. Sheamus
4. Orton
5. Santino

Heels

1. Big Show
2. Del Rio
3. Bryan
4. Vickie Guerrero
5. HEATH SLATER!!!!!!!!! THE ONE MAN BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND BABY!

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2012, 03:11 AM

He hasn't officially turned yet. He's done some heelish things, but he's also done some babyface things, too. Punk even went as far as to say he's not "wearing a black hat" or "twirling his mustache." What Punk was saying there was "Hey, I'm not a heel yet." Now, I liked the irony of his promo with John Cena, where he said that he wasn't going to complain, but then he did go on to complain. I do thoroughly believe a heel turn is coming, but we haven't seen it just yet.