PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Empire Season 3

Gertner
08-18-2012, 08:44 PM
The best show on T.V comes back September 16th. Can't fucking wait to see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!

Lock Jaw
08-18-2012, 09:49 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZJ7E_iTwZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fnGyxDskKb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yyyyyeahhhh

CSL
08-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Jimmy :(

Skippord
08-19-2012, 12:08 AM
I dunno if I'll watch, Jimmy was kind of my reason for watching.

Maybe if Richard Harrow ruins some motherfuckers

Team Sheep
08-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Can't wait. Things are about to get a whole lot darker with Nucky.

Gertner
08-21-2012, 07:43 PM
So many cliffhangers! Yeah I hope Richard Harrow starts kicking some ass.

Triple Naitch
09-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Great episode. Richard fucking rules.

Skippord
09-16-2012, 11:13 PM
thus far I'm still with Richard at least

Skippord
09-16-2012, 11:34 PM
whoa Gillian is a straight up crazy person

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-17-2012, 12:38 AM
crazy ep, sucked right back in. Jimmy's name lives on and the show is still the same.

Lock Jaw
09-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Damn, I liked Manny.

Gertner
09-18-2012, 06:34 PM
SOOOOOOOO FUCKING GOOD!

It's a shame, I don't know anybody who watches this show, and I talk about it all the time.

Gertner
09-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Manny getting killed was kinda anti-climactic, kinda saw it coming. Didn't figure it'd be Richard though. Wow!

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-22-2012, 12:38 PM
It being Richard made it badass, if it was anyone else it woulda been ":-|"

Lock Jaw
09-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Maybe he isn't dead, maybe he is just really badly hurt!

Anyways, I am interested in that new character who beat that dude to death on the side of the road and took his dog. I already forget his name, but he seems like a man to watch out for this season. Maybe Jimmy's Crazy Mom somehow gets her hooks into him.

Skippord
09-22-2012, 01:03 PM
his first name is Gyp, I cannot remember how to spell his last name

Rosseti maybe? fucking Italians

Skippord
09-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Rosetti

Triple Naitch
09-23-2012, 12:14 AM
He's the crooked SWAT guy from Paul Blart: Mall cop.

Gertner
09-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Maybe he isn't dead, maybe he is just really badly hurt!

Anyways, I am interested in that new character who beat that dude to death on the side of the road and took his dog. I already forget his name, but he seems like a man to watch out for this season. Maybe Jimmy's Crazy Mom somehow gets her hooks into him.

Lol yes, maybe some leeches will heal the shotgun wound to his head since it's the 1920's

Lock Jaw
09-23-2012, 12:30 PM
That would be badass. Like, he would constantly have to have Leeches on half of his face.

Could call him Manny Leech-Face, and he would strike fear into the hearts of his enemies.

Tommy Gunn
09-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Is this still good if you were a huge Jimmy fan?

Tempted to watch, but with the previous season I saved up all the episodes and watched it over christmas break.

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
you got a gun, i got a gun, he got a gun. EVERYBODY GOT A GUN!

hahahaha fucking love Gyp

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
noone see ep 2 or what?

CSL
09-27-2012, 05:48 PM
yah. It was "ok"

Skippord
09-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I enjoy Gyp, and he was pretty badass in that episode, and Chalky.

But otherwise NO HARROW NO POINT

CSL
09-27-2012, 05:53 PM
no Van Alden, no Richard Harrow, no Al Capone. But at least Chalky and Eli are back

Skippord
09-27-2012, 05:58 PM
I'd prefer it if they could do more episodes without Margaret and Nucky

Skippord
09-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm glad Van Alden's apparently going to be cool stuff now in Chicago

CSL
09-27-2012, 06:06 PM
yeah, Val Alden/flower shop bloke/Al Capone should be fun just because it involves Stephen Graham and he's the best thing Liverpool has ever produced and it's about time he got a big fat storyline

Skippord
09-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Stephen Graham is wonderful, I was super surprised he was British the first time I heard him talk outside of a movie/this.

hope he kills that dude for being mean about his deaf kid

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-28-2012, 12:57 AM
I thought it was awesome. They have to touch upon all the characters. Mickey is turning into a great character. Chalky and Pernsley are quite the dynamic duo etc. Buscemi is consistantly brilliant.

Stephen Root stole the show.

Gertner
09-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I spend every episode hoping Margaret gets shot

Skippord
09-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I feel like it's not the best idea to show Jimmy ever

just reminds me of what I've lost :'(

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Gyp is a maniac. Bon Fortuna.

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Also Harrow was an all star.

Triple Naitch
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Gyp is becoming my favorite character.

Also, how does the sheriff fall down from being sprayed by the gas when it's flowing out at like -2 mph?

Skippord
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
He was surprised

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Gyp is becoming my favorite character.

Also, how does the sheriff fall down from being sprayed by the gas when it's flowing out at like -2 mph?

lol was thinking the same thing. But he's 200 pounds over weight and was caught offguard and lost his balance. Any shift in weight for someone that big could conceivabley eff up their balance. Or it was just sloppily written :p

Lock Jaw
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
I really dig Eli's hat. He's got an Indiana Jones vibe going this season with his hat and clothes combo.

Skippord
10-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Gyp really went bare pickle here

Lock Jaw
10-16-2012, 05:13 PM
lol Erotic asphyxiation is funny

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-23-2012, 11:46 AM
great season so far. Something is abrewing with Richard Harrow.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-31-2012, 12:39 PM
OH COME ON PEOPLE

CSL
10-31-2012, 06:07 PM
least interesting season so far, some random stuff with a loose thread running through it whilst all looking very stylish. The lack of Richard, Al, Chalky and Van Alden has been criminal and most of the new characters with the exception of maybe Gyp simply aren't up to much/aren't very interesting, especially with no Jimmy. Picked up a bit the last few weeks tho.

ron the dial
10-31-2012, 06:39 PM
there seems to be a lot of careful set up for big payoffs later going on right now. still one of the best watches on tv even during this "slow" time.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-31-2012, 11:12 PM
least interesting season so far, some random stuff with a loose thread running through it whilst all looking very stylish. The lack of Richard, Al, Chalky and Van Alden has been criminal and most of the new characters with the exception of maybe Gyp simply aren't up to much/aren't very interesting, especially with no Jimmy. Picked up a bit the last few weeks tho.

I don't know what you're talking about. Sounds like you're butthurt because Jimmy's dead.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
there seems to be a lot of careful set up for big payoffs later going on right now. still one of the best watches on tv even during this "slow" time.

2 past episodes have been "slower" but as you said steadily building up, so it's fucking awesome. I dunno this show tickles me pink.

CSL
10-31-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. Sounds like you're butthurt because Jimmy's dead.

yeahhhhh, I don't get "butthurt" (good god) because a character in a television show died. If any signs of "butthurt" are present, I'd say it's your reaction to a mild criticism of the current season of your favourite show http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
yeahhhhh, I don't get "butthurt" (good god) because a character in a television show died. If any signs of "butthurt" are present, I'd say it's your reaction to a mild criticism of the current season of your favourite show http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

I don't know what you're talking about. :shifty: stop being so butthurt over Jimmy ;)

But in all seriousness I legitimately don't understand what's so uninteresting. You don't want to over expose Richard Harrow since in his very nature he's a mysterious character. Al and Van Alden both have had episodes dedicated to their exploits and once again they're giving us just enough.

Nucky's transition from crooked politician to cold as ice gangster has been awesome. Loved when he blew that little shit away. Stephen Root has been enjoyable in his role thus far, Gyp is phenomenal. Meyer and Luciano are always fun. Gillian Dormity is wonderfully disturbing. Rothstein is great. The plots always make you think and are very literary. The show has a nice touch of darkness and menace to it.

So pretty much yeah, I'm puzzled by you going "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR THIS IS BORING", of course they have to build up from Jimmy getting whacked.

FAG. :love:

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-01-2012, 12:20 PM

and you said "it's picked up in the last few weeks" pretty much in the past couple of weeks there has been no Van Alden or Al to speak of and very little Chalky. In fact the first few episodes contained those three a lot more than the past couple. So you're talking a load of shit. And what loose threads? There's pretty clearly a direction and has been from the beginning of the season.

CSL
11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. :shifty: stop being so butthurt over Jimmy ;)

But in all seriousness I legitimately don't understand what's so uninteresting. You don't want to over expose Richard Harrow since in his very nature he's a mysterious character. Al and Van Alden both have had episodes dedicated to their exploits and once again they're giving us just enough.

Nucky's transition from crooked politician to cold as ice gangster has been awesome. Loved when he blew that little shit away. Stephen Root has been enjoyable in his role thus far, Gyp is phenomenal. Meyer and Luciano are always fun. Gillian Dormity is wonderfully disturbing. Rothstein is great. The plots always make you think and are very literary. The show has a nice touch of darkness and menace to it.

So pretty much yeah, I'm puzzled by you going "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR THIS IS BORING", of course they have to build up from Jimmy getting whacked.

FAG. :love:

your paragraph that starts "so pretty much yeah" sums it all up. I didn't say it was boring or that it has no redeeming features yet you've jumped on a mild criticism and responded as if that's the case. I said it wasn't as good as the first two seasons. Which is true. And there's nothing wrong with that, not many shows improve in quality with time. And the season is now starting to "come together". I didn't say I wasn't enjoying it or that still isn't one of the best shows on TV. Do not fear Canada, your TV show is safe.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
your paragraph that starts "so pretty much yeah" sums it all up. I didn't say it was boring or that it has no redeeming features yet you've jumped on a mild criticism and responded as if that's the case. I said it wasn't as good as the first two seasons. Which is true. And there's nothing wrong with that, not many shows improve in quality with time. And the season is now starting to "come together". I didn't say I wasn't enjoying it or that still isn't one of the best shows on TV. Do not fear Canada, your TV show is safe.

I will not have you flagrantly slander the best show on t.v. CSL. Your criticisms are borderline malicious. And for some reason my butt hurts when reading them. :'(

Lock Jaw
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Just watched the latest episode. Pretty great. Business has definitely picked up.

CSL
11-06-2012, 07:35 PM
I will not have you flagrantly slander the best show on t.v. CSL. Your criticisms are borderline malicious. And for some reason my butt hurts when reading them. :'(

THAT'S MY E-COCK MATE http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

and the latest episode was "very enjoyable"

Lock Jaw
11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I liked the part where Nelson Van Alden turned into The Hulk and went on a rampage.

CSL
11-06-2012, 08:28 PM
yeahhh, popped when he "ironed" the guy

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
yeahhh, popped when he "ironed" the guy

lolll it is amazing how the basics of what makes pro wrestling work can be seen in even the best of television programming. The whole time Nelson was working for those pricks, he just kept taking it and taking it, and it was such a good steady build to him finally snapping, and the last straw was so perfect because the guy questioned his ability to please his wife.

If you equated it to pro wrestling, imagine how much heat the heel faction got on Nelson (in this case those bastard sailsmen) , and then the pop when a motherfucker gets an iron to the face. It's kind of like when DDP hit that first diamond cutter on Scott Hall. When Nelson fucked buddy up, I think everyone was so ready for it to happen and marked the fuck out.

I will say the dedication to realism (well in a suspension of disbelief sort of way) is great, as the guys terrifying sobs of agony/despair/fear will probably haunt my soul for the rest of my life.

PS. is it safe to say that Nelson is now the ultimate tweener?

PPS. I'm also very happy Billy Kent got blown up.... it's good to see her character came into some actual use. although she did have very unique look and good charisma about her, she did take valuable time away from more prominent enjoyable characters.

Lock Jaw
11-14-2012, 05:11 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcwyg9NXr1rk688bo1_500.png

:y: :y: :y:

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-14-2012, 11:14 PM
@GypRossetti #megaheel

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Marked out for the reveal at the end. This show can be so chilling and disturbing.

Lock Jaw
11-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Saw the reveal coming from a mile away, so I found it hard to be "shocked" at it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Saw the reveal coming from a mile away, so I found it hard to be "shocked" at it.

To be honest, I thought it'd be his head. They spelt out it'd be Owen throughout the episode. I was more creeped out just by the way he looked. They've added an element of horror to the show, that has carried over from last season.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Also Margaret's reaction was really great, and aided the horror element of it all. I'm happy their relationship led to something cool, it was seriously taking up too much time. Owen was a good character, but was more effective the less time he had on screen.

RoXer
11-26-2012, 06:22 PM
!!!!!

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-26-2012, 09:37 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lock Jaw
11-28-2012, 10:46 PM
That might have been the best episode in the entire series. Not a dull moment.

I have a feeling Gillian might kill Gyp during some weird asphyxiation sex. Hopefully not, though, because he is pretty fantastic.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I know some have thought this has been the weakest of the three seasons BUT it has all led to probably the best episode of the entire series. I feel like much of the show is through Nucky's scope even when it's through other people's pov. So when Nucky is wrapped up in his own bullshit, he forgets about the Chalky's and Pernsley's and we don't get to see as much of them. But now that he knows of Chalky's value to him, not only as an insurance policy but as a loyal friend, we get a lot more of him.

Also, without Jimmy the show probably had to find its identity with the audience, and some found it a little bit clumsy. But this episode has shown what kind of show Boardwalk is.

Lock Jaw
11-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Really, the first two seasons were about Nucky fully embracing his role as a gangster. Realizing, thanks to Jimmy, that "you can't be half a gangster".

In season three, now that he is full on gangster, he has to deal with the consequences. Namely the people around him getting hurt, and people gunning for him with more than just the law.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-03-2012, 09:33 AM
GREEEEEEEEZY

Lock Jaw
12-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Gyp. :'(

Classic death scene, though.

Lock Jaw
12-04-2012, 03:30 PM
BAAAAAAARRRRRRNEEEEEYYYY GOOOOOOOOOGLLLLLE

Lock Jaw
12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
I wonder what next season will be like. I could see maybe Rothstein stepping it up and becoming the "big bad" since he kind of got screwed by Nucky.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM
lol there was no kind of about it. Though he didn't screw him over as much as pay him back for turning his back.

So happy Tonino killed Gyp after what Gyp did to his cousin and after putting Tonino through so much shit.

Lock Jaw
12-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Also, I guess next season we will see Gillian Darmody: Heroin Addict

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
yeah that's what my buddies and myself were thinking. That would totally disarm her though. She wouldn't be as much of a threat to Nucky/Harrow, but maybe they will try make her more sympathetic.

Lock Jaw
12-04-2012, 07:26 PM
She's due for a "breakdown".

Ruien
12-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Awesome finale. Will be interesting to see the changes made to Nucky next season. Having Nucky being more of a anti social and secretive will have to be forced since it is in his nature.

The Destroyer
12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Fuck sake, why did they have to kill Rosetti? He was one of the best things about this season. :(

Oh well, roll on season 4.

Team Sheep
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Was a bit disappointed with the finale tbh. Seemed a bit anticlimactic. Expected an all out war/bloodbath. Maybe I missed the point. Season was enjoyable overall though. Liked how they built everything up again slowly and showed Nucky's demise. Looking forward to seeing how Al Capone kicks on from here.

Schlomey
12-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Just discovered this show. NOM NOM NOM. Loving It.