PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Curt Hawkins?

KyleEmmott
08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
With Tyler Reks asking for his release, and WWE granting him it, you have to wonder what's next for Curt Hawkins. I thought the team of him & Reks was really good & saw them carrying the titles down the road. I think Hawkins has a lot of potential as a major mid-card player.

This is what I'd like to see, Curt Hawkins comes out & explains that Tyler has had a change of heart and gone back to his old job whether it be a Surfer or Stripper (they shortly teased at that last friday), he's now partnerless. Zack Ryder's music hits and outcomes his his old tag team partner & ex-Edgehead.
HAWKINS & RYDER REUNITE!

Thoughts?

Nicky Fives
08-22-2012, 04:12 PM
I've been saying this for years, a heel Long Island Connection "Freebird-esque" tag team with Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder & Trent Baretta......

Tommy Gunn
08-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Zack Ryder isn't doing much, get the Edge Heads back together under a new name.

KyleEmmott
08-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Zack Ryder isn't doing much, get the Edge Heads back together under a new name.

Exactly, Zack Ryder isn't doing anything so why not strengthen the Tag team division, and add a team so we're not stuck with the 3 we see over and over again.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Save a bit of money and just release him. Don't really see him doing much that someone else couldn't do as good, if not better.

Ruien
08-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Ummmm, turning Zack Ryder heel is a terrible idea. He got to where he is by being beloved by the fans (With his Youtube), When you turn him heel all that will go away and then you just have bland heel #12. You don't destroy what got you over. All that needs to be done to Ryder is evolve his character (Actually figured him being the Smackdown GM would have been a nice touch).

Emperor Smeat
08-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah I think he's going to be part of the usual roster cleaning once Linda's campaign is over but until then, probably should go to NXT since he'd have something to do.

Swiss Ultimate
08-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Put him in a program with Triple H.

GD
08-22-2012, 05:33 PM
That did wonders for Shelton Benjamin.

CSL
08-22-2012, 05:34 PM
don't really see anything for him, should probably get rid seeing as there's probably 15-20 guys in development who could do what he does aka not a lot. Could be good for him, get some exposure/experience/tastes of elsewhere, do something different without constraint, find a niche, try and come back more valuable.

XCaliber
08-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I've been saying this for years, a heel Long Island Connection "Freebird-esque" tag team with Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder & Trent Baretta......

I'd say pretty much this.

Tom Guycott
08-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah I think he's going to be part of the usual roster cleaning once Linda's campaign is over but until then, probably should go to NXT since he'd have something to do.

NXT could incorporate Ryder's Internet Championship as a legitimate "mid card"* title after they crown a NOOB WORLD ORDER World Champion at the conclusion of this tourney. They can give is some type of standout rule, like the Brisco 15 Ironman rule or the (if you liked it or not) Crash Holly 24/7 Hardcore title stipulation.

Or, of course, you could always go to the well and pair the "Major Brothers" back together. And you can do this surprisingly by turning Hawkins FACE! Turning someone heel isn't the answer for everything, especially someone as over as Ryder is right now. Hawkins can use some of that rub.

*Mid-card in terms of NXT, I mean.

DLVH84
08-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I'd say reuniting Zack and Curt is the most plausible thing to do, no matter who turns first.

#1-norm-fan
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Hawkins and Ryder, The Long Island Express. Another legit, not so thrown together tag team for the budding division. I'd be all for it.

#1-norm-fan
08-22-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd kinda like them to be a face team though. I'd love a Long Island Express vs Primetime Players feud. It would feel all old school.

Rammsteinmad
08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Shame about Reks, I really liked them as a team.

And their (new?) finisher was sick!

Rammsteinmad
08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f4fCsSEOjuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay it's not really new, I guess we just don't see it enough because I only noticed it when they had that match on Smackdown last week.

KyleEmmott
08-22-2012, 10:39 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f4fCsSEOjuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay it's not really new, I guess we just don't see it enough because I only noticed it when they had that match on Smackdown last week.
That is a pretty awesome finisher.

Gertner
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
It's time for Curt Hawkins to SNAP and become a submission machine!

Cool King
08-23-2012, 04:00 PM
I am a bit worried about Hawkins, now that Reks is gone. I get the feeling he'll just become a JTG and just disappear for God knows how long and only show up when there is a squash match.

If they want to do something with Hawkins, that's good. I really don't think he'll get a singles run though, and the only way to go for him is to find a new partner.

If that's the case, then they could just have him attempting to find a new partner and compete in a series of Tag Team matches with a new partner every week, with guys like Michael McGillicutty, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger, Johnny Curtis and even faces, such as Yoshi Tatsu, Alex Riley and Mason Ryan. He would lose all the matches and only be the guy to be pinned when his parter is a face, as he does something to piss them off during the match and they either walk away or purposely avoid breaking the count.

He eventually grows tired of losing and is desperate to find a partner and a win. He then asks Ryder to be his parter and explains that back when they were teaming, they won the Tag Team Titles. Ryder says no and always says no every week.

Eventually, during a Zack Ryder match, possibly for a number one contenders spot at the Intercontinental/United States Championship, Hawkins interferes and distracts Ryder which costs Ryder the match. After the bell rings, Hawkins attacks Ryder, but Ryder fights back, until Trent Barreta appears through the crowd and attacks Ryder from behind.

Hawkins finds a partner in Barreta and they both fued with Ryder.

#1-norm-fan
08-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Hawkins should blame the Ryback matches for why Reks left. Then he interferes during a Ryback vs Alex Riley match and Riley officially turns heel by helping Hawkins try to beat down Ryback (Though he ultimately fights them off.)

The next week, Riley and Hawkins both come out dressed as Ryback and say "We can beat any 150 lb jobbers just like you can. And we're here to prove it. Feed us three!!! We are... RYHAWK!" at which point they go on to defeat three random jobbers in a handicap match.

Cool King
08-24-2012, 07:07 AM
WWE wrestler Curt Hawkins took to Twitter on Wednesday after it was announced that Tyler Reks had asked for and received a release from WWE. "Every day is a new opportunity," Hawkins wrote. "You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again.

"Lucky for all of you, I'm not a Dad (yet), I'm just a determined kid who loves the wrestling business. I'm here to stay. See you at the show." Follow Hawkins online at Twitter.com/TheCurtHawkins.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10026978.shtml

I like how he's staying positive. :y:

DAMN iNATOR
08-28-2012, 03:57 PM
I just don't see anything opening up for him in WWE. Best of luck in his future endeavors will probably not be far away, barring some kind of miracle for him.

Mr. Nerfect
09-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I think the WWE knows how good Hawkins is. As a talent, he is just so fucking solid. He's got personality there, but he just hasn't found a way to let it connect to audiences yet.

Everyone seems to think that Ryder & Hawkins would make another great tag team, and while I would enjoy it -- I'd rather they try to get Hawkins over on his own. As a heel, I think a feud with Ryder would be more awesome than anything. Have Hawkins pretend to be Ryder's friend and such, and then turn on him during a tag team match, or something of the like. Hawkins reveals that he is jealous and bitter of Ryder's success, and hates him for being a star by being a complete goof.

Alternatively, I would not mind the Vickie Guerrero/Curt Hawkins connection to be played up again, with Hawkins perhaps becoming another Vickie client, and helping out Dolph Ziggler wherever needed.

But the real winner is for Curt Hawkins to come out decked out in red and yellow to "Real American" before cutting a promo declaring that Hawkamania is runnin' wild.