PDA

View Full Version : Rock vs. Punk

slik
09-04-2012, 06:10 AM
When do you want this inevitable blowjob for Rock to happen?

Swish
09-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Wrestlemania if it did happen, don't see it happening at Royal Rumble as Rock already get's a main event shot. I think.

slik
09-04-2012, 07:12 AM
I am slightly concerned they are building WM29 around the rematches of HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Punk but in the latter case I would prefer a feud with Punk.

Swish
09-04-2012, 07:13 AM
If by anything it'll be Rock vs Brock or Punk vs Cena one or the two.

slik
09-04-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't know about that but I hope you are on track.

I dread a Taker/Lesnar feud and a third WM headlined by Cena/Rock shenanigans.

Swish
09-04-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't know about that but I hope you are on track.

I dread a Taker/Lesnar feud and a third WM headlined by Cena/Rock shenanigans.

Taker is retired now.... he won't be back

Corporate CockSnogger
09-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I'd like to see it at Wrestlemania, with The Rock having won the title at the rumble (from someone other than Punk) and Punk winning the rumble itself.

When The Rock first announced he would get a title shot at Royal Rumble my first thought was that they should build The Miz back up to win the title off Punk sometime around November or December. The Miz and The Rock have some history from their WM main event, plenty they would be able to work with promo-wise and it gets the title on The Rock (which seems to be what they'll be going for) without throwing away the Punk feud so quickly and without damaging Cena by having him never able to get one over on The Rock.

So The Miz just kinda seemed like the obvious choice to go with here, other than that maybe Daniel Bryan would make a bit of sense following their confrontation at the 1000th Raw, but I don't really want to see Bryan in the title scene again any time soon, he's a good upper midcarder so he should probably just stay there.

Punk winning the rumble and facing The Rock for the title would give the rumble win a big feel again too after the last few years.

Shadrick
09-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I'd like to see it at Wrestlemania, with The Rock having won the title at the rumble (from someone other than Punk) and Punk winning the rumble itself.

When The Rock first announced he would get a title shot at Royal Rumble my first thought was that they should build The Miz back up to win the title off Punk sometime around November or December. The Miz and The Rock have some history from their WM main event, plenty they would be able to work with promo-wise and it gets the title on The Rock (which seems to be what they'll be going for) without throwing away the Punk feud so quickly and without damaging Cena by having him never able to get one over on The Rock.

So The Miz just kinda seemed like the obvious choice to go with here, other than that maybe Daniel Bryan would make a bit of sense following their confrontation at the 1000th Raw, but I don't really want to see Bryan in the title scene again any time soon, he's a good upper midcarder so he should probably just stay there.

Punk winning the rumble and facing The Rock for the title would give the rumble win a big feel again too after the last few years.

All of this. I really want Rock to win the title at Rumble, and put Punk over in a classic match on the biggest stage of them all.

slik
09-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Taker is retired now.... he won't be back

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rock Bottom
09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Triple threat of Rock/Cena/Punk would be pretty neat. Let Lesnar and Taker go at it.

Rock Bottom
09-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd say you let Punk retain at Rumble. Or have The Rock win a ladder match or something like that. Or maybe do the triple threat there. Don't think it makes very much sense for Rock to go clean on Punk pre-mania for the title. It's bad form. Then again, they had no problem just letting The Rock take a shit all over John Cena either. This was done at Mania though.

I don't see Rock going over Punk at Rumble in a way that's any more than indirect.

Keith
09-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I believe we'll see Rock/Punk at WrestleMania, and perhaps Lesnar/Undertaker.

Nicky Fives
09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Wrestlemania if Punk is booked to win, Rumble if Rock is booked to win.....I'd prefer to see it at Mania.....

Emperor Smeat
09-04-2012, 04:01 PM
The Rumble considering it would fit into the plans of getting Punk vs Rock done and then potentially setting up Cena-Rock II at Mania.

The two biggest problems for that match occurring at Mania is due to Punk's long reign that probably won't be unbroken and what Cena will be doing at Mania. Also doubt Cena will be getting a small reign once he wins after all the talk about Punk's length and how long its been since his reign.

Rock Bottom
09-04-2012, 04:16 PM
They might keep the belt on The Rock if he wins it. Don't put it past them. Lots of media for that.

RVDmark
09-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Punk over Rock, clean, at 'Mania.

Rock Bottom
09-04-2012, 10:15 PM
I'd also like to see Rock and Cena vs. Punk and Lesnar w/Heyman, sometime before Wrestlemania.

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2012, 10:23 PM
They might keep the belt on The Rock if he wins it. Don't put it past them. Lots of media for that.

I can't see Rock keeping the title after Mania at all. They can't have the title just not appearing on TV at all for than long. Not to mention the fact that as long as Rock has the title it prevents them from having it defended at house shows.

Keith
09-05-2012, 12:20 AM

Now that you mention media, imagine what a Rock vs Brock Lesnar WrestleMania match would do for WWE in terms of exposure and media coverage.

Maybe they'll go that route.

dronepool
09-05-2012, 12:42 AM
WM.

Fignuts
09-05-2012, 05:55 AM

Not a whole lot of people are going to care about Rock vs Bryan/Miz

Rock vs Cena/Punk/Lesnar, is where the money is.