PDA

View Full Version : Best Wrestler #12

Supreme Olajuwon
09-09-2012, 10:05 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sOv35y3Pc9c/T9gxJBXVOeI/AAAAAAAAXxA/-mqP1mzMkJU/s1600/bret_hart_display_image.jpg
Bret "Hitman" Hart

vs.

http://cdn.gofobo.com/files/news/The-Rock-in-WWE.jpg?1330030864
The Rock

3 days.

<select><option selected="selected">Best Wrestler Tournament History</option><option>ROUND 1</option><option>#1. Randy Savage vs. Taz (72-4)</option><option>#2. The Undertaker vs. Steve Austin (42-42)</option><option>#3. Chris Jericho vs. Jake Roberts (52-15)</option><option>#4. Bret Hart vs. CM Punk (44-24)</option><option>#5. Curt Hennig vs. The Rock (27-31)</option><option>#6. Mick Foley vs. Kurt Angle (18-41)</option><option>#7. Eddie Guerrero vs. Shawn Michaels (13-50)</option><option>#8. Chris Benoit vs. Hulk Hogan (28-36)</option><option>ROUND 2</option><option>#9. Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan (41-18)</option><option>#10. The Undertaker vs. Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (14-22-26)</option><option>#11. Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle (30-27)</option></select>

whiteyford
09-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Bret Hart without question.

Blue Demon
09-09-2012, 10:10 AM
As much as The Rock entertained me in the past...Bret is my favourite wrestler so...Bret

Gertner
09-09-2012, 10:14 AM
The Rock by a landslide. Bret Hart was a terrible draw, boring on the mic and was boring in the ring.

#1-norm-fan
09-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Rock kinda bored me in the ring. The way he over-did everything he did was distracting. Not to mention that God awful sharpshooter. Rock was purely an entertainer. Bret could cut a decent promo when he wanted to as well though. Also, fair or not, I can't remember caring about the outcome of very many Rock matches. Not the case for Bret. He gets my vote.

Blue Demon
09-09-2012, 10:26 AM
The Rock by a landslide. Bret Hart was a terrible draw, boring on the mic and was boring in the ring.

YOU SCREWED BRET! YOU SCREWED BRET!

Joesgonnakillyou
09-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh you son of a bitch...

I'm gonna go away and think about this. Both underrated in certain Departments, Rock in the ring and Bret on the mike

Gertner
09-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I think I'm going to have to over rule the end result in this one. Bret Hart is the king of the vanilla midgets and it's becoming clear that my wrestling knowledge is just too surperior for this board anymore.

#1-norm-fan
09-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Even from a "Bret Hart is a vanilla midget" point of view, Bret Hart is not THE KING of vanilla midgets. STOP WITH THIIIIIS.

loopydate
09-09-2012, 10:35 AM
This was close, but I went with The Rock. Bret was technically superior, but The Rock had more of a lasting impact. He may not have the multitude of classic matches, but there are so many more Rock moments that people will be talking about for years. Plus, he was the focal point of the greatest night of cohesive booking in WWF history, so bonus points for that.

Rammsteinmad
09-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I think the Rock was generally better, especially on the mic, and overall with starpower/superstar look etc, but I voted Bret. Was a huge Bret mark in the 90's, from his breakaway from tag wrestling to his retirement. It sucks that his career ended the way it did, and that he spent more-or-less the last ten years doing nothing but bitching about how everyone was wrong but him, but it changes nothing, I went with Hart on this one.

Damn
09-09-2012, 11:03 AM
i tried to watch a bad fart match but i fell asleep. i tried watching a bad fart promo but it didnt wake me up.then i heard promo and saw a match by the great one and i came....so the rock wins

whiteyford
09-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Isn't Gertner Canadian? I thought the Canucks were raised on Hart and Gretzky and Degrassi high?

Dante69
09-09-2012, 11:08 AM
the best there is,the best there was and the best there ever will be...
Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Gertner
09-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Isn't Gertner Canadian? I thought the Canucks were raised on Hart and Gretzky and Degrassi high?

Lol Wheels and Snake were amazing.

#1-norm-fan
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM
i tried to watch a bad fart match but i fell asleep. i tried watching a bad fart promo but it didnt wake me up.then i heard promo and saw a match by the great one and i came....so the rock wins

How did you try to watch a promo while you were asleep?

I call bullshit on this entire story.

DaveBrawl
09-09-2012, 11:33 AM

He's going to be dropped off at the border by mounties and exiled from the country any minute now.

XCaliber
09-09-2012, 11:38 AM
This was a poll that I was dreading these are 2 of my fave 5 wrestlers of all time but in terms of being a complete package I have to say I did it... I did it for The Rock.

KaosDarksol
09-09-2012, 11:44 AM
The rock but I never seem to vote for the popular choice here

Corporate CockSnogger
09-09-2012, 12:23 PM
The Rock is by far the more entertaining wrestler.

Emperor Smeat
09-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Tough choice but went with The Rock in the end.

Felt Bret was better in terms of in-ring skills while the Rock was better with the showmanship aspect.

Rammsteinmad
09-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Bret got over wearing pink in an age when it wasn't cool for guys to wear pink.

Juan
09-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Bret Hart by a mile

Lock Jaw
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Dunno about this one. The Rock clearly blows Bret out of the water in the charisma/mic department..... but there had been times when I was seriously so sick and tired, and bored with him.

Bret blows Rock away in terms of in ring ability.

You know what? Screw it. I have decided to vote for Bret.

For if I had the choice, RIGHT NOW, to go back and watch either a Rock or Bret Hart match.... I'd go with Bret.

Gertner
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
They showed Rock vs Jericho Royal Rumble 2002 on WWE Vintage Collection last night for the Undisputed titles and the match was better and more exciting than anything Bret ever did.

CSL
09-09-2012, 03:02 PM
The Rock. Love Bret and he was one of my "childhood heroes" etc but it's The Rock every single time and it's not that close

also wouldn't say Bret "blows Rock away" in the ring. He was the stronger technical wrestler but a lot of people grossly underrate The Rock in that area

MoFo
09-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Bret is about 10 levels below in every way.

Rock Bottom
09-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Rock. Can't believe people took Jericho over Angle. Can't believe Austin is out.

CAN'T BELIEVE

This wasn't a tough choice even though I'd rather not vote against Bret.

Pintint
09-09-2012, 04:15 PM
People's champ because charisma.

Keith
09-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Bret Hart.

The Rock is not even in Bret's league in terms of actual wrestling, and Bret could cut a good promo, I never bought into this whole "Bret Hart is boring" thing.

Go back and watch some Bret Hart promos, especially in 1997.

Lock Jaw
09-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I think Bret is way underrated on the mic, actually. The Rock still "blows him away" in that department, though.

Keith
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe if Rock hadn't looked so bad on the mic when he cut promos with John Cena leading up to their match, I would've given some thought to voting for him here.

But Cena owned him on a couple occassions and Rock looked bad at times, not to mention a bit confused and nervous.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Yes, now let's compare those promos to Bret's more recent promos.

Kane Knight
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM

Gertner is an American at heart. He would be an American in name too, but he doesn't own enough guns.

But Cena owned him on a couple occassions and Rock looked bad at times, not to mention a bit confused and nervous.

To be fair, you would too if you were facing off against a living cartoon character.

I'd say he'd had experience with Hogan, except by the time he got to him, Hogan was more an oversized Muppet.

Also, voted Bret Hart because Sascha is a bitch.

Nicky Fives
09-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Bret it one of my faves, but even I have to admit Rock was better......

Juan
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
They showed Rock vs Jericho Royal Rumble 2002 on WWE Vintage Collection last night for the Undisputed titles and the match was better and more exciting than anything Bret ever did.

Tell us again how much Bret Hart sucks.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes, now let's compare those promos to Bret's more recent promos.

Guy had a stroke!

James Steele
09-09-2012, 06:13 PM
The Rock. Love Bret and he was one of my "childhood heroes" etc but it's The Rock every single time and it's not that close

also wouldn't say Bret "blows Rock away" in the ring. He was the stronger technical wrestler but a lot of people grossly underrate The Rock in that area

Lock Jaw
09-09-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.wrestleenigma.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Austin-vs.-Hart1.jpg

http://www.wwehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/wwe-submission-hold-pictures-2.jpg

Cool King
09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I was waiting for that to come up.

James Steele
09-09-2012, 08:03 PM
That isn't an argument. Bret Hart was a shitty promo except when he was being a whiny cunt in 1997 (like he was in real life).

Skippord
09-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm voting 100 percent based on Sharpshooters

so The Rock

Keith
09-09-2012, 08:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K9Xr3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q3ouj.jpg

Lock Jaw
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Rock looks like he is taking a vigorous dump onto his opponent in those photos.

Keith
09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Right.

Whereas Bret Hart:

http://i.imgur.com/BGvKi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/T6RyM.jpg

Lock Jaw
09-09-2012, 09:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K9Xr3.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/K9Xr3.png

Keith
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Hell, even post-stroke, 50-something year old Bret does a better Sharpshooter than Rock:

http://i.imgur.com/4rxot.jpg

Lock Jaw
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BGvKi.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/BGvKi.png

Keith
09-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey, now.

Lock Jaw
09-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I am nothing if not fair.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/K9Xrrfd3.png

Keeping this a classy affair.

Keith
09-09-2012, 09:49 PM
LOL why does Rock think arching his back like that makes his Sharpshooter look good?

Geebus.

CSL
09-09-2012, 09:52 PM
he's like half a foot taller than Bret

CSL
09-09-2012, 10:01 PM
So?

He should slouch forward, it'd look more badass.

Also, he shouldn't just place that hand on his hip when he's sitting down. It looks dumb.

so keeping your body balanced and not falling all over the place when you have a guy in something like the Sharpshooter as well as leaving enough room for a guy to potentially move around/fight the move/not completely "trap him" (which Rock has to do, how many of his matches have actually finished with the Sharpshooter compared to Bret?) is harder the taller you are/not as simple as it looks

Keith
09-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Squat even lower, and problem solved.

Also, it's fair game to criticize, because Rock never did the Sharpshooter until some time after Bret left WWE in '97, so he opened himself up to receive said criticism.

Also, not only does Rock's Sharpshooter suck.

So does Sting's.

http://i.imgur.com/cWpFT.jpg

CSL
09-09-2012, 10:11 PM
squatting lower traps the guy entirely. Problem bigger.

And I didn't say anything about it not being game to criticize. Just use a valid criticism as opposed to "he arches his back too much".

Keith
09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, he does.

Regardless, looks like Rock will win this poll.

Unfortunately.

Rock Bottom
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Maybe if Rock hadn't looked so bad on the mic when he cut promos with John Cena leading up to their match, I would've given some thought to voting for him here.

You're dumb as fuck. John Cena is a shit stain on The Rock's mic ability. I understand that imagining things somehow eases over the fact that the WWE wasn't stupid enough to put Cena over a legend like Rock, but c'mon.

Curd
09-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I am nothing if not fair.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/K9Xrrfd3.png

Keeping this a classy affair.

Hart leans back perhaps 3 degrees more than Rock, thereby bending the opponents' legs farther inward. However, I enjoyed Rock more -- not to mention the revenue to WWE. Hart could have remained in WWE and maybe approached Rock's cross-over success, but he had to choose WCW.

Curd
09-09-2012, 11:29 PM
http://www.wrestleenigma.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Austin-vs.-Hart1.jpg

http://www.wwehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/wwe-submission-hold-pictures-2.jpg

I think Rock never leaned back as far as Hart during the Sharpshooter because he didn't want the People's Ass to touch some Jabroni's candy ass.

Keith
09-09-2012, 11:50 PM
You're dumb as fuck. John Cena is a shit stain on The Rock's mic ability. I understand that imagining things somehow eases over the fact that the WWE wasn't stupid enough to put Cena over a legend like Rock, but c'mon.

Go watch some video of the exchanges between Rock and Cena, then we'll talk.

Using "you're dumb as fuck" when you disagree with someone.

What are you, 16?

Rock Bottom
09-10-2012, 02:00 AM
I don't see what you being dumb has to do with my age, BITCH!

Keith
09-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah.

Juan
09-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Chris Jericho beats Angle, but Bret Hart can't beat The Rock. The fuck is wrong with you people?

James Steele
09-10-2012, 03:15 AM
Because some of us aren't in awe of shitty plastic pink wrap-around sunglasses. Instead, we are in awe of the utter electricity of an individual who transcends pro wrestling and helped define multiple generations.

Keith
09-10-2012, 03:17 AM
"Helped define multiple generations"?

Easy there. It's not Hulk Hogan you're talking about.

James Steele
09-10-2012, 03:21 AM
The Rock was a part of the transition from "New Generation" to "Attitude Era". He helped DEFINE the Attitude Era. He then helped WWE transition from Attitude to the Brand-Split era. Now, he has come back and is helping WWE transition into a new era where they attempt to become a multimedia empire. During his time in Hollywood, The Rock has been more successful than every other wrestler who tried to become a movie star combined and has used that success and star power to "come home" and help the WWE today. The Rock has had several big matches, memorable moments, and classic rivalries. He has proven time and time again that he can tweak and evolve his character and turn the crowd into play-doh to do with them whatever he wants. He is Hulk Hogan with better wrestling, better movies, and a better legacy as someone who has helped the business create new stars.

Bret Hart was a great technical wrestler (read: one of the greatest in-ring performers of all time) with average promo skills (for 98% of his career) who did impact the business in many ways, but not to the extent of The Rock. Pro wrestling is not just about great matches. The Rock was only in the WWF full-time for roughly 7 years. In that 7 year span, he went from green as goose shit to the hottest thing in wrestling and carrying the company when the biggest star of all time went out for a year with a bad neck. Do not underestimate and undervalue what The Rock did while Austin was gone from late 99 to late 2000.

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 03:54 AM
Considering cutting promos made up less than half of either man's exposure and Rock's over-selling, ridiculous over-acting on things as simple as a punch (Reel back ridiculously far, give a weak looking punch, repeat, spit in hand, repeat.) and his overall lack of a moveset made him bland as hell and predictable to me for more than half the time he was on my TV. The most entertaining he was during matches was when he'd pick up a mic during the match.

And on a more minor note, Rock singing "We will Rock you" karaoke style on Raw during the Cena feud sticks in my mind as one of the most facepalm inducing moments on Raw in quite some time. And that's saying something. He's become lame and corny. All the charisma in the world doesn't make singing karaoke and saying things like "Kung pao bitch" clever or enthralling. He's become a parody of himself.

Juan
09-10-2012, 03:58 AM
I love The Rock as much as the next guy, but Bret Hart had the ability to make his matches look, I dunno, more "realistic" I guess. Maybe that's not the right word, but when Bret Hart was in a match, it felt like a real fight to me. To me, Bret Hart was one of the best story tellers in the ring ever.

Keith
09-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Thank you, #1-wwf-fan.

Finally some sense.

All Rock does now is come out and throw lame shit that hopefully will trend on Twitter.

Juan
09-10-2012, 04:00 AM
Bottom line, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels are 1A and 1B (not necessarily in that order) in my all-time top 5.

Keith
09-10-2012, 04:02 AM
I love The Rock as much as the next guy, but Bret Hart had the ability to make his matches look, I dunno, more "realistic" I guess. Maybe that's not the right word, but when Bret Hart was in a match, it felt like a real fight to me. To me, Bret Hart was one of the best story tellers in the ring ever.

Yeah, when you look back at Bret Hart's matches, they have a certain flavor you really enjoy. I guess it's the "realism" you talk about.

Hell, I'll watch Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect for the IC Title, Bret Hart vs Diesel at Survivor Series 1995, Bret Hart vs British Bulldog at In Your House 1995, the Ironman Match with HBK, Wrestlemania 13 against Austin...those matches have that "flavor" I talked about, that "realism".

Keith
09-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Bottom line, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels are 1A and 1B (not necessarily in that order) in my all-time top 5.

They both gave Kevin Nash the best matches of his career.

There's something to be said for that.

Anybody Thrilla
09-10-2012, 04:29 AM
All of this Bret Hart shit-talking isn't going to stoop me to the level of the haters, so I'm just going to say that Bret Hart is better than The Rock and leave it at that. This thread is almost making me angry, to be honest.

Road Warrior
09-10-2012, 04:57 AM
I'll vote Bret solely based on the fact that Gertner's a cunt, otherwise Rock would get my vote.

James Steele
09-10-2012, 05:07 AM
If pro wrestling was just about technical wrestling, I'd watch Greco-Roman wrestling tournaments instead. You can hold a couple of shitty promos against The Rock, but I could hold most of Bret's promos period against him. As a pure technical wrestler, Bret has almost no peers. Sadly, Bret was so average in every other aspect of pro wrestling that The Rock tops him for me. The Rock has had a bunch of kickass matches, awesome promos, amazing moments, etc. Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair were all over the top but it fucking worked. It got over and they connected with countless people to become the names you think of when you think of professional wrestling.

When you say "pro wrestling", Bret Hart isn't one of the first names that comes to my mind (he pops up pretty quick but not at the very first thought) but The Rock is. The Rock's overselling and over-the-top mannerisms never took me out of his matches or made me roll my eyes. Kung Pao Bitch was stupid, but it fucking worked. Fruity Pebbles was stupid, but the son of a bitch made it fucking hot. The Rock damn near did a double backflip when he took the Stunner, but it worked and didn't tarnish their matches but helped accentuate it. Realism is good and important, but over-the-top has its place and it can add to matches. Did Terry Funk screaming "OW, MY EYYYYYYYYYYYYE!" or "OW, MY LEGGGGGG!" ruin his matches? Did Shawn Michaels overselling ruin his matches or accentuate them and actually get you to understand the pain he was experiencing? For me, it added to the matches. It added to the drama, the story, and my attentiveness.

Road Warrior
09-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Then I guess you don't enjoy amateur wrestling ?

Cool King
09-10-2012, 05:14 AM
I actually sat down and watched the Greco-Roman Wrestling at this years Olympics. I also watched the Freestyle.

I actually really enjoyed the Greco-Roman Wrestling. :y:

James Steele
09-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Then I guess you don't enjoy amateur wrestling ?

I've watched it occasionally, but it isn't something I will go out of my way to watch or anything.

I actually sat down and watched the Greco-Roman Wrestling at this years Olympics. I also watched the Freestyle.

I actually really enjoyed the Greco-Roman Wrestling. :y:

Do you watch RAW to see that though? You watch wrestling for the matches but also all the stuff that goes into making you give a fuck about the characters, their conflicts, and the matches.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Bret and The Rock are two of my favourites of all time. So this thread is really annoying me, there's completely unnecessary and untrue criticism being flung in both directions.

and for the record, comparing the sharpshooters of both men is like comparing the picks of two great guitar players, as in it's a tiny and insignificant part of a much bigger picture.

I went with The Rock.

I love Bret and I don't really think people get him when they say his promo's were shitty or average, but each to their own I guess (I'd be interested to see if the majority of people saying that were from the USA, and if the majority of people who like them are British or Canadian. I have a completely amateur theory about cultural differences...). That being said; He wasn't amazing at them really, He's said that himself.

I also don't get it when people say The Rock was no good in the ring, I can't think of a bad match The Rock's been in and I can think of ALOT of really great ones he has. That and the fact he's probably the best promo guy ever means I have to vote for The Rock

Kane Knight
09-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Rock looks like he is taking a vigorous dump onto his opponent in those photos.

Or giving birth to a bouncing baby roidhead.

All Rock does now is come out and throw lame shit that hopefully will trend on Twitter.

Yeah, he should probably stop trying to market himself to the audiences of today. Maybe if he turned heel, dropped the gimmick for no reason, and started dropping PIPE BOMBS he would be revered for his mic skills by the 50 people in the gymnasium he'd be appearing in.

MVP
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't see what you being dumb has to do with my age, BITCH!

Do you ever say anything that doesn't make you come off as a complete dick?

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, he should probably stop trying to market himself to the audiences of today. Maybe if he turned heel, dropped the gimmick for no reason, and started dropping PIPE BOMBS he would be revered for his mic skills by the 50 people in the gymnasium he'd be appearing in.

To be fair, "Now trending on Twitter... Kung Pao Bitch." may be a fine way to get himself to trend on twitter... It's also lazy and not in the least bit clever.

There's a big difference between trending on twitter because you're actually saying something awesome and clever and coming out and saying "Silly word, naughty word... TREND! *cocky smile like I just fucking created comedy gold*"

Keith
09-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Everyone should vote for Bret just based on that stupid "We will Rock you" shit Rock did on RAW a couple months back.

I felt awkward, and I was watching at home.

Keith
09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
See: <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ec_HmjO3G2o" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME></EMBED>

CSL
09-10-2012, 11:54 AM
look at how awkward some people felt listening to Bret talk about Montreal for 15 years

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
If pro wrestling was just about technical wrestling, I'd watch Greco-Roman wrestling tournaments instead. You can hold a couple of shitty promos against The Rock, but I could hold most of Bret's promos period against him. As a pure technical wrestler, Bret has almost no peers. Sadly, Bret was so average in every other aspect of pro wrestling that The Rock tops him for me. The Rock has had a bunch of kickass matches, awesome promos, amazing moments, etc. Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair were all over the top but it fucking worked. It got over and they connected with countless people to become the names you think of when you think of professional wrestling.

When you say "pro wrestling", Bret Hart isn't one of the first names that comes to my mind (he pops up pretty quick but not at the very first thought) but The Rock is. The Rock's overselling and over-the-top mannerisms never took me out of his matches or made me roll my eyes. Kung Pao Bitch was stupid, but it fucking worked. Fruity Pebbles was stupid, but the son of a bitch made it fucking hot. The Rock damn near did a double backflip when he took the Stunner, but it worked and didn't tarnish their matches but helped accentuate it. Realism is good and important, but over-the-top has its place and it can add to matches. Did Terry Funk screaming "OW, MY EYYYYYYYYYYYYE!" or "OW, MY LEGGGGGG!" ruin his matches? Did Shawn Michaels overselling ruin his matches or accentuate them and actually get you to understand the pain he was experiencing? For me, it added to the matches. It added to the drama, the story, and my attentiveness.

The over-selling I mentioned was the lowest on the list. I actually do enjoy watching Rock take a stunner. It doesn't resonate with me as more than just one moment though. It doesn't help the rest of the action. It just kinda makes me chuckle at the silly over-sell. The over the top way he did stuff as simple as a punch took me out of the match itself a lot though. Not to mention the predictability. I remember watching countless Rock matches thinking "Let's just get this over with so we can see the outcome." I don't remember ever seeing a Bret match that I was more interested in hurrying up to the finish to see the outcome than in watching the story unfold.

As for "... but it worked." I don't judge wrestlers myself based on how many people go crazy over silly phrases, naughty words or a man singing bad karaoke in the ring. Just like I don't judge movies by how many people go to see them. Larry the Cable Guy is not a comedic genius... but dammit, it works. Kudos to him. I'm not about to consider him the greatest comedian of all time for it.

That was just a rant on current Rock though because it was being discussed. I'm factoring that in a very small amount.

Cool King
09-10-2012, 12:03 PM
look at how awkward some people felt listening to Bret talk about Montreal for 15 years

We're probably going to get more of that tonight.

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 12:11 PM

Are you comparing shoot interviews found online to segments of televised wrestling? Bret bitching about Montreal was annoying as fuck. Not to mention he's not at all interesting to listen to. How is that comparable though??

Gertner
09-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Tell us again how much Bret Hart sucks.

He was in the WWF when it sucked and WCW was king then jumped ship and the roles reversed.

Hence the downfall of WCW=Bret Hart being a shitty draw and boring.

CSL
09-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Are you comparing shoot interviews found online to segments of televised wrestling? Bret bitching about Montreal was annoying as fuck. Not to mention he's not at all interesting to listen to. How is that comparable though??

no, I'm comparing one instance of Rock doing something goofy/awkward for 5 minutes as a reason to not vote for him as opposed to 15 years of "feeling awkward" when it comes to Bret talking about Montreal. How is it not comparable?

And whilst I'm certainly not one of the people that has a problem with Bret and Montreal/the screwjob etc being mentioned, let's not pretend that it only ever came up in shoot interviews http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 12:34 PM
no, I'm comparing one instance of Rock doing something goofy/awkward for 5 minutes as a reason to not vote for him as opposed to 15 years of "feeling awkward" when it comes to Bret talking about Montreal. How is it not comparable?

And whilst I'm certainly not one of the people that has a problem with Bret and Montreal/the screwjob etc being mentioned, let's not pretend that it only ever came up in shoot interviews http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Well he wasn't really on WWE television enough to talk about it outside the feud with Vince which I don't remember him bitching about it then as he was more in hype mode.

I can't see comparing shit done outside the ring to shit done in the ring. If we can do that, I change my vote for the greatest promo man of all time from The Rock to The Iron Sheik.

I don't care if you can only understand one word per sentence, that one word is gold and it fucking works. People eat it up. He's literally the polar opposite of Bret when it comes to wrestlers speaking on the internet.

Lock Jaw
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Bret Hart was a pioneer of internet usage.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/Picture1-7.png

Lock Jaw
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Also, Bret was on The Simpsons. Was The Rock on The Simpsons? I don't think so.

http://www.wrestlingtradingcards.com/images/1997_wwf_magazine/may_mag.jpg

CSL
09-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Well he wasn't really on WWE television enough to talk about it outside the feud with Vince which I don't remember him bitching about it then as he was more in hype mode.

I can't see comparing shit done outside the ring to shit done in the ring. If we can do that, I change my vote for the greatest promo man of all time from The Rock to The Iron Sheik.

I don't care if you can only understand one word per sentence, that one word is gold and it fucking works. People eat it up. He's literally the polar opposite of Bret when it comes to wrestlers speaking on the internet.

Shieky would have gotten a shit ton of votes he doesn't deserve in these things strictly because of his out of the ring stuff. It doesn't matter what the comparison is because people vote how they want for a multitude of reasons.

WWE television, no because he only went back 2 years ago. For the 10/11 years before that, Bret basically made a living out of Montreal. I've been in the same arena as him once ever and it was 90 seconds into his promo before he mentioned verbatim "that piece of shit Vince McMahon".

Supreme Olajuwon
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Really? I'm 100% positive the reason Hogan, Flair, and HHH aren't in this anymore is because of stuff done outside the ring.

We know it happened, why bother ignoring it?

CSL
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Also, Bret was on The Simpsons. Was The Rock on The Simpsons? I don't think so.

http://www.wrestlingtradingcards.com/images/1997_wwf_magazine/may_mag.jpg

so had this magazine

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Really? I'm 100% positive the reason Hogan, Flair, and HHH aren't in this anymore is because of stuff done outside the ring.

We know it happened, why bother ignoring it?

Because it has nothing at all to do with who the better wrestler is? I'm not saying people aren't voting that way. I'm actually not mentioning anything at all about how people have been voting. That was a weird thing to say. But since you mentioned it, that's a big reason why it shouldn't be factored in.

Besides, I'm not sure where that 100% positivity comes from. There's only 5 people left. That could also be the reason 3 guys you mentioned aren't in it still.

CSL
09-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Tazz beat Triple H

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Did that anger you when that match-up didn't go the way you thought it should have, CSL? Let's talk about it.

DaveBrawl
09-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Tazz beat Triple H
HHH was "just anotha' victim".

CSL
09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Did that anger you when that match-up didn't go the way you thought it should have, CSL? Let's talk about it.

no dear, that's just a prime example of where the 100% comes from since the matchup took place when Trips was still the internet anti-christ compared to what the outcome would have been later on

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Tazz was also widely considered by the internets to be an awesome wrestler too while Triple H's early reigns with the title bored a lot of people. Those could have also been pretty big factors...

Supreme Olajuwon
09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
I would say my 100% comes from following Better Wrestler just a little closer than the rest of you.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-10-2012, 01:50 PM
except Destor, of course

CSL
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Tazz was also widely considered by the internets to be an awesome wrestler too while Triple H's early reigns with the title bored a lot of people. Those could have also been pretty big factors...

absolutely he was but most people voting in these things (back then and now) aren't exactly ECW aficionados. The reason he or anybody else lost is fine, people can vote how they want but it wasn't because Taz was good in ECW for a couple of years.

whiteyford
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Tazz beat Triple H

Because he's the fuckin' man.:y:

Rock Bottom
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM

I think it's totally the right word, that's why I think Hart has the best ring ability. Benoit was pretty damned good at it too. A lot of people would say Michaels was better. It is a league of wrestlers with a pretty short list and I can see why it would be frustrating to see the Rock take this one.

It's not as bad as Jericho beating Angle though, is it? :o Maybe you don't drink The Rock's koolaid like most people. There are a couple things I've forced myself to like, but I feel like Rock has earned a blind eye or two.

It's the same thing with me for Bret though. The guy got so royally fucked over that I forgave all the babbling.

Rock Bottom
09-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Do you ever say anything that doesn't make you come off as a complete _____?

More accurate

Rock Bottom
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Go watch some video of the exchanges between Rock and Cena, then we'll talk.

Using "you're dumb as fuck" when you disagree with someone.

What are you, 16?

What, you want a real reply? You think I didn't see those promos?

There are a handful of people in Rock's company on the microphone. Maybe you missed his career, which would make it more likely that you're closer to 16 than I am. I'm a grown ass man and I love me The Rock, you kung pow bitch.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Tensions are running high as the best wrestler tournament threaten to tear apart TPWW.

and we're only in the 2nd round...

itsmeJD
09-10-2012, 07:21 PM
I also hated the way Rock oversold a move. Nearly as bad as Lex "OOOAFFF" Luger

Kane Knight
09-10-2012, 09:28 PM
To be fair, "Now trending on Twitter... Kung Pao Bitch." may be a fine way to get himself to trend on twitter... It's also lazy and not in the least bit clever.

There's a big difference between trending on twitter because you're actually saying something awesome and clever and coming out and saying "Silly word, naughty word... TREND! *cocky smile like I just fucking created comedy gold*"

And if that really mattered in the long run, that would be a great argument. The thing is, trending on Twitter is more important than being clever on Twitter, and you probably know better than I that the latter is less likely to trend (As I'm not a fifteen year old girl).

See: <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ec_HmjO3G2o" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Wow. So hate Brian May right now.

And the Rock. Good thing I voted Bret.

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
And if that really mattered in the long run, that would be a great argument. The thing is, trending on Twitter is more important than being clever on Twitter, and you probably know better than I that the latter is less likely to trend (As I'm not a fifteen year old girl).

See, there's this crazy this some people do where they actually try to be good at something to get recognition and praise and not phone it in and just be alright with doing something shitty because retards will eat it up. Crazy concept, I know.

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2012, 09:34 PM
And lol @ comparing Brian May to what The Rock did in that video.

Curd
09-10-2012, 09:41 PM
He was in the WWF when it sucked and WCW was king then jumped ship and the roles reversed.

Hence the downfall of WCW=Bret Hart being a shitty draw and boring.

Bret "The Iceberg" Hart vs. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 03:09 AM
See, there's this crazy this some people do where they actually try to be good at something to get recognition and praise and not phone it in and just be alright with doing something shitty because retards will eat it up. Crazy concept, I know.

Which, again, is not the point at all. Crazy, huh?

And lol @ comparing Brian May to what The Rock did in that video.

Must've missed the post where someone did that. Huh.

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2012, 03:51 AM
Which, again, is not the point at all. Crazy, huh?

lol. Jesus Christ. Being clever... trending on twitter... NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE IDEAS. You can do both.

More clear for you?

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Must've missed the post where someone did that. Huh.

Keith posts a video of Rock doing shitty karaoke to a song written by Brian May as a reason he hates The Rock.

"So hate Brian May right now"

Because surely it was the song he had an issue with.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Bret Hart was only entertaining when he was leader of the Hart Foundation, talking about El Dandy or talking about his cat.

Juan
09-11-2012, 04:23 AM
Hasney logs in just to be wrong.

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 09:30 AM
lol. Jesus Christ. Being clever... trending on twitter... NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE IDEAS. You can do both.

More clear for you?

you can do both, but there is no real incentive and trending on Twitter is easier if you're not trying to be clever. More clear for you?

Keith posts a video of Rock doing shitty karaoke to a song written by Brian May as a reason he hates The Rock.

"So hate Brian May right now"

Because surely it was the song he had an issue with.

I don't see why you're saying Keith compared Brian May to the Rock, though. all he did, by your own admission was post a video.

itsmeJD
09-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I can't believe Rock's tired ass schtick is winning this handily.

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 11:54 AM
I can't believe Rock's tired ass schtick is winning this handily.

To be fair, Bret Hart has done absolutely nothing but complain about Montreal since he retired.

Nothing but complain.

Ever.

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Of course, I do get all my Bret Hart news from TPWW posts....

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
you can do both, but there is no real incentive and trending on Twitter is easier if you're not trying to be clever. More clear for you?

I don't see why you're saying Keith compared Brian May to the Rock, though. all he did, by your own admission was post a video.

... We should definitely hold the greatest promo man of all time to the same standards as every hack who trends on twitter. Very clear.

But I'm clearly not saying... You seem to be twisting my... Wait a minute... I'VE BEEN HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH KANE KNIGHT THIS WHOLE TIME!?!?!

Alright, all clear now. Carry on, people.

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM
... We should definitely hold the greatest promo man of all time to the same standards as every hack who trends on twitter. Very clear.

Ah. Something nobody claimed. You are very good at that.

You seem to be twisting my...

:lol: The hypocrisy there. Between the above statement and trying to claim I was comparing Brian May and the Rock, you've been doing a lot of that.

Juan
09-11-2012, 05:33 PM
No idea why anyone here willingly interacts with Kane Knight.

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
No idea why anyone here willingly interacts with Kane Knight.

I always feel like I can turn him into a real person.

Maybe I dream too big.

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Maybe you should start by being a real person.

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
You know, lead by example.

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2012, 06:47 PM
No, u!

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Listen Kane Knight. Listen...

We all love you.

Now say it back. RELEASE THE TROLL DEMON INSIDE YOU AND BE FREE!!!

Kane Knight
09-11-2012, 06:52 PM
You're adorable.

Lock Jaw
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Guys, Hug It Out.

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree. Let's do it. *Extends arms*. This will help you, Kane Knight.

Bocephus Black
09-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Bret be da best say Bocephus Black bitches

itsmeJD
09-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Bret needs more votes. Fuck.

Keith
09-12-2012, 12:09 AM
BTW, just so we're clear, I don't hate The Rock.

I just think ever since he came back last year, he's resorted to some pretty lame phrases and antics in order to be funny.

I don't get it because back in 2003, when he did his "Rock Concert", it was actually pretty cool. But of course, he was a heel.

And, Bret Hart should win this poll.

That's all.

30 Helens
09-12-2012, 03:45 AM
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/penthesileapics/30Helens.jpg

Bret Hart just tried harder.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Wow, Bret's mounting a comeback! Only two votes in it now.

I think The Rock should win, but I love both of them so I'm happy either way

Shisen Kopf
09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Bret Hart is rasslin, Rock is entertainin' and this is best rassler not best entertainin dude right? So, Bret wins.

itsmeJD
09-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Voted Bret. He's been screwed enough. The sharpshooter the rock uses is enough to dq him from being the best wrestler. Overselling mother fucker.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Formal protest: Supreme's orginal post was posted at 09:05 and was specified for 3 days, therefore the poll officially closed today at 09:05

ItsmeJD post was at 09:42, so unless he voted then waited half an hour. the vote was after the official cut off point. At the time of the cut off point The Rock had 34 votes to Hart's 33. Therefore The Rock is the winner of this contest.

I would also like to point out that Supreme voted for Hart, so his ruling on this issue must come under further scrutiny than if we could assume his neutrality.

*joke flag*

Supreme Olajuwon
09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
30 Helens and Bocephus Black are both socks so their votes don't count. Rock wins 34-32.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Now there's some goddamn leadership you can believe in.

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
lol. All of a sudden we're throwing out sock votes from these things?

Supreme Olajuwon
09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
We've always thrown out sock votes when they affect the outcome. Don't be mad because you got caught, Helen.

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 11:46 AM
:shifty:

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Proceed.

itsmeJD
09-12-2012, 01:18 PM
We've always thrown out sock votes when they affect the outcome. Don't be mad because you got caught, Helen.

Not true. Otherwise Austin would have beat taker. We never threw out those socks which led to that bullshit 3 way.

itsmeJD
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Formal protest: Supreme's orginal post was posted at 09:05 and was specified for 3 days, therefore the poll officially closed today at 09:05

ItsmeJD post was at 09:42, so unless he voted then waited half an hour. the vote was after the official cut off point. At the time of the cut off point The Rock had 34 votes to Hart's 33. Therefore The Rock is the winner of this contest.

I would also like to point out that Supreme voted for Hart, so his ruling on this issue must come under further scrutiny than if we could assume his neutrality.

*joke flag*

Also my vote was cast 4 minutes prior to poll closing.

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Not true. Otherwise Austin would have beat taker. We never threw out those socks which led to that bullshit 3 way.

Yeah, this was what I was thinking.

James Steele
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/th3VdDn-6sk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rock Bottom
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM

I just think ever since he came back last year, he's resorted to some pretty lame phrases and antics in order to be funny.

I don't get it because back in 2003, when he did his "Rock Concert", it was actually pretty cool. But of course, he was a heel.

That's all.

Why don't you give us the play-by-play on how to cut great promos to a backdrop of John Cena karaoke

Keith
09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Why don't you give us the play-by-play on how to cut great promos to a backdrop of John Cena karaoke

I could, but, nah.

You know what? Nah.

Actually, in all seriousness, nah.

I'll tell you what, though. Nah.

Cool King
09-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Why the fuck do I always forget to vote in these damn things?

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/b7053abd5e3a4ece03feac71bb32d54a/4230%20-%20facepalm%20randy_orton%20wwe.png

Cool King
09-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Though I will say that "30 Helens" is highly dubious.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Also my vote was cast 4 minutes prior to poll closing.

And so was your vote as Bocephus Black. Again, don't throw a hissy fit because you got caught.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-12-2012, 05:52 PM
and there were no sock votes in Taker/Austin

so, you know, go f yourself and all that

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 06:17 PM
itsmeJD is Bocephus Black?

Dude, your gimmick sucks.

Kane Knight
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I agree. Let's do it. *Extends arms*. This will help you, Kane Knight.

*leaves you hanging*

Kane Knight
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Bret gets a second Montreal screwjob? :eek:

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 09:13 PM
*leaves you hanging*

One day you'll want to change, Kane Knight. You'll embrace that rational, lovely human being inside. And I'll be here. We'll all be here. With arms wide open.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Looks like somebody gets a bye.

Kane Knight
09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
One day you'll want to change, Kane Knight. You'll embrace that rational, lovely human being inside. And I'll be here. We'll all be here. With arms wide open.

If you start singing Creed, I will hunt you down and kill you like a rabid <s>wolverine</s> dog.

loopydate
09-12-2012, 10:24 PM

That's all.

If we're bringing the recent past into this, does this mean the God-awful Hart/McMahon "match" can be held against him?

Keith
09-12-2012, 10:25 PM
No.

The guy's over 50 and had a stroke. What more do you want from him?

loopydate
09-12-2012, 10:30 PM
It's a no-DQ match. Vince brings in help. Hart family gets some licks in. Give some rub to DH and Tyson. Vince's help accidentally takes him out. Bret locks on the Sharpshooter. Everybody's happy and it's over in ten minutes.

Much better than Bret hitting Vince with a chair for an hour and a half.

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 10:34 PM
It's a no-DQ match. Vince brings in help. Hart family gets some licks in. Give some rub to DH and Tyson. Vince's help accidentally takes him out. Bret locks on the Sharpshooter. Everybody's happy and it's over in ten minutes.

Much better than Bret hitting Vince with a chair for an hour and a half.

Yeah, that was definitely not the booking team's fault or anything...

loopydate
09-12-2012, 10:36 PM
You're right. I'm sure the returning Hall of Famer and the Chairman didn't lay out their own WrestleMania match 13 years in the making.

Keith
09-12-2012, 10:39 PM

That's exactly what happened, except it went longer than 10 minutes.

You've got to understand that match was used to culminate the feud Bret and Vince had with each other stemming from the Montreal incident, so the chair shots told a story, it was Bret letting out his years of frustration with Vince.

Vince was "the evil boss", and Bret did his thing to take him down and let everything out.

I had no problem with it.

CSL
09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I'd guess Bret was the main guy behind that in a "Vince, they'll eat it up if I beat you to death with the chair, these guys have been waiting 13 years for their hero to get his revenge, they'll explode!" kind of way

only forgetting he's 50 odd and can't move very well and that it would drag a bit and that's he's not very many people's hero any more etc

Keith
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
You know Bret really layed in some hard shots, and felt good doing so.

Of course, some wrestlers believe the Montreal thing was a work between Bret and Vince, so who knows?

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
You're right. I'm sure the returning Hall of Famer and the Chairman didn't lay out their own WrestleMania match 13 years in the making.

So what if they did? What does that have to do with Bret Hart as a wrestler?

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 10:44 PM
The comparison between that and Rock doing terrible things on the mic is insane.

James Steele
09-12-2012, 10:44 PM
So what if they did? What does that have to do with Bret Hart as a wrestler?

He is allegedly one of the "greatest in-ring storytellers of all time" and he took 30 minutes to tell a 10 minute story.

loopydate
09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you, James. This was the point I was trying and failing to make.

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 10:47 PM
He is allegedly one of the "greatest in-ring storytellers of all time" and he took 30 minutes to tell a 10 minute story.

He had 30 minutes... and a completely physical lack of ability to "show off a moveset". You act like he definitely said "Alright, Vince. We need this to go on for 30 minutes, tops." as opposed to the very real possibility that there was no way in hell anyone that Vince or anyone was gonna just give that match 10 minutes after all the hype.

#1-norm-fan
09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Just like I'm sure there was no way in hell Rock is gonna be put out in a WWE ring for less than like... 10 minutes. Difference of course being that Rock hasn't suffered a debilitating brain injury that prevents him from doing what he could do before..

James Steele
09-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Bret could have held WWE hostage like he did before. "I'm not going out there for 30 minutes and ruining my legacy as the single most overrated wrestler of all time. I didn't job to Shawn and I'm not going to job to mediocrity." But NOOOOOOOOOOOO, it was "Watch Bret Hart & Family embarrass Vince McMahon for wayyyyy too long so I can get some stiff shots in for shit I am not really over despite all my claims to the contrary because I am a petty bitch who can't understand why Vince wanted me to honor the long-standing tradition and unwritten rule in pro wrestling that you lose on your way out. Y'know, the same tradition and unwritten rule my legendary promoter/wrestler father taught me. Fuck it, Shawn is a faggot and Vince is a prick. I'm Bret Hart. I'm the only guy who has ever worked this hard for Vince and so I should be treated different despite being no different than every other schmuch who went to WCW and pissed all over him upon said debut in said rival company."

#1-norm-fan
09-13-2012, 12:20 AM
"I'm not going out there for 30 minutes and ruining my legacy as the single most overrated wrestler of all time."

Huh? Triple H wasn't even a part of that match.

*Runs away from thread as quickly as possible, never to be seen again.*

Kane Knight
09-13-2012, 12:26 AM
If we're bringing the recent past into this, does this mean the God-awful Hart/McMahon "match" can be held against him?

Are you expecting a fair and honest comparison from anyone on this board?

I don't think there's any risk of him ruining that rep.

James Steele
09-13-2012, 12:33 AM

Touche, sir. Touche.

http://gifsoup.com/view1/1334472/clap-o.gif
http://gifsoup.com/view3/1364902/slow-clap-o.gif

Curd
09-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Bret could have held WWE hostage like he did before. "I'm not going out there for 30 minutes and ruining my legacy as the single most overrated wrestler of all time. I didn't job to Shawn and I'm not going to job to mediocrity." But NOOOOOOOOOOOO, it was "Watch Bret Hart & Family embarrass Vince McMahon for wayyyyy too long so I can get some stiff shots in for shit I am not really over despite all my claims to the contrary because I am a petty bitch who can't understand why Vince wanted me to honor the long-standing tradition and unwritten rule in pro wrestling that you lose on your way out. Y'know, the same tradition and unwritten rule my legendary promoter/wrestler father taught me. Fuck it, Shawn is a faggot and Vince is a prick. I'm Bret Hart. I'm the only guy who has ever worked this hard for Vince and so I should be treated different despite being no different than every other schmuch who went to WCW and pissed all over him upon said debut in said rival company."

Perhaps Hart would have jobbed to Shawn if Lloyds of London would have not threatened to revoke his insurance if he took bumps, or maybe if Vince had produced a signed statement indicating the WWE would reimburse Hart for the cost of the lost insurance policy. Then, McMahon could have gotten in some offense against Bret at Wrestlemania. The insurance mucky-mucks heavily influenced Hart's bump-less 2010 WWE experience.

Nonetheless, your point stands!

James Steele
09-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Perhaps Hart would have jobbed to Shawn if Lloyds of London would have not threatened to revoke his insurance if he took bumps, or maybe if Vince had produced a signed statement indicating the WWE would reimburse Hart for the cost of the lost insurance policy. Then, McMahon could have gotten in some offense against Bret at Wrestlemania. The insurance mucky-mucks heavily influenced Hart's bump-less 2010 WWE experience.

Nonetheless, your point stands!

They could have done the exact same match with half the time and it would have been even more effective and not killed the crowd.