PDA

View Full Version : Jerry! :(

Zeeboe
09-11-2012, 08:26 AM
I just read on the main page he had a heart attack. I am glad he is alright, but reading that he is not out of danger yet concerns me. I was a huge King fan back in the day. I still am. I hope he's alright. Raw would suck without the King!

LewisTheTruest
09-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Scary part to me is he looked quite athletic in his match that night. A guy his age in good as shape as he is.... Goes to show u never know.

ooTin
09-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Long flight, matches all weekend, then a match that night. Tough scedule for a man of his age. Truly hope he makes a full recovery. I dont see him as a full time announcer anymore. His hear must be very weak after being dead for 20 min. I hope I am wrong but It would seem he would be to much of a liability to keep on TV on a regular basis. I guess we will find out when they make a decision. My thoughts are with you Jerry.

DLVH84
09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Get well soon, King.

itsmeJD
09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't really buy that whole "dead for 20 minutes" shit. Was that not Smith Hart who came up with the ca-ca-mamey malarky? Consider the source.

TNTlegendkiller
09-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I met Jerry at wrestling event in my hometown it's was first time see wrestle in person after the match I shook his hand and got his autograph

JKWJRMON
09-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Dude the guy's 62, traveling the way he does for WWE, then expected to wrestle? It doesn't surprise me. In a weird way, glad it happened on Raw with paramedics there. If it would have happened when he returned to the hotel room, WWE might be doing a death tribute at Smackdown.

itsmeJD
09-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd hope Lawler would deserve better than a Smackdown tribute. No one would fucking see it.

jskinnyg
09-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Get well King...

loopydate
09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Dude the guy's 62, traveling the way he does for WWE, then expected to wrestle? It doesn't surprise me. In a weird way, glad it happened on Raw with paramedics there. If it would have happened when he returned to the hotel room, WWE might be doing a death tribute at Smackdown.

I was thinking the same thing. He's incredibly lucky that he was surrounded by medical personnel and that his colleagues were paying attention to him and were able to call said medics in a timely manner. This would have been so much worse if it had happened any other time than when it did.

JKWJRMON
09-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd hope Lawler would deserve better than a Smackdown tribute. No one would fucking see it.

Good point!!!

Team Sheep
09-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't really buy that whole "dead for 20 minutes" shit. Was that not Smith Hart who came up with the ca-ca-mamey malarky? Consider the source.

Footballer Fabrice Muamba was "dead" for 78 minutes in March after a heart attack on the field so it's not that far-fetched or difficult to believe. And he was 23!

Rock Bottom
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
They're not going to have a Jerry Lawler tribute. He'll be back in action again next week. The WWE isn't stupid enough not to capitalize on the amount of cheap heel heat someone could get beating up on a beloved old man whose life is literally in danger during the attack.

Bocephus Black
09-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Best get better Jerry say Bocephus Black

James Steele
09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
They're not going to have a Jerry Lawler tribute. He'll be back in action again next week. The WWE isn't stupid enough not to capitalize on the amount of cheap heel heat someone could get beating up on a beloved old man whose life is literally in danger during the attack.

I seriously doubt that. If Lawler is at the PPV or Raw, I'd be shocked.

Team Sheep
09-11-2012, 08:43 PM

I can't tell if you're joking or not but he won't be back at the table for a long time, if ever. We don't even know if he can talk yet, or even be able to get out of the hospital at this point.

Godfather4Life
09-11-2012, 08:55 PM

As someone who is in the medical field. you can be clinically dead...after four minutes of no oxygen to the brain your brain starts to die...hence cpr...you don't do cpr to a live person. They literally brought him back to life. Jerry is very lucky to be alive. Speedy recovery,King.

Rock Bottom
09-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I can't tell if you're joking or not but he won't be back at the table for a long time, if ever. We don't even know if he can talk yet, or even be able to get out of the hospital at this point.

Back at the table is one thing. Back in the ring is a different thing entirely.

WinterDecay
09-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I understand this is a touch cold, but ...
Do you think that the WWE is working on "Long Live the King" tshirts?