PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - The Rock, John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, CM Punk, and Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania

Heyman
09-13-2012, 10:19 PM
DISCUSSION - The Rock, John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, CM Punk, and Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania

So it looks like the top 3 matches at Wrestlemania will involve atleast 5 of these 6 men. The question however, is who do you think will face who?

Personally, I can see it playing out like this:

-The Rock vs. CM Punk
-Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
-John Cena vs. Undertaker (Taker's last WM match regardless of what happens).

On the flip side, you could also see....

-The Rock vs. CM Punk
-Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
-John Cena vs. ???

Triple H stays retired.

Another idea.....

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan (Bryan, through his skits with Kane, etc., eventually turns face)
The Rock vs. John Cena part II
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker

How do you guys see it playing out?

Shadrick
09-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Rock Vs Punk for the title. Punk goes clean over Rock. It HAS to happen.

KaosDarksol
09-14-2012, 02:22 AM
Elimination chamber with all six men to crown the new undisputed champion

dronepool
09-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Rock vs CM Punk (Stone Cold guest ref)
Daniel Bryan vs Cena
Brock vs Undertaker

MoFo
09-14-2012, 12:40 PM
I can see Cena v Taker at Wrestlemania 30 in Takers last match, idk about the next Mania, just assumed Brock would face him.

Rock Bottom
09-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Rock vs Punk vs Cena in a triple threat for the WWE championship. Lesnar vs Undertaker. Triple H can ref the Taker match.

Rock Bottom
09-14-2012, 10:50 PM
CM Punk isn't going to walk out of Wrestlemania with his title. Either that, or he'll regain it, having lost it previously. To have CM Punk booked to cleanly win a match against the WWE's biggest babyface (that's right, the part timer. sad, huh?) after parading around with the title all year would be completely dumb.

Especially when you consider that he's beaten Cena a lot recently. And if he beats Cena at Night of Champions, and/or following PPV's, it'll make even less sense.

The WWE doesn't have an answer to a heel Punk, just like they don't have an answer to John Cena. They're all there is that's really going on in the title scene. The rest of the guys are just glue. I'm all for a Punk victory over Rock. Even though a lot of his hype has died down, and he's come across a lot weaker than he did a while back, I still think he's the most solid wrestler they have. Just wouldn't do anything for the company/direction of the title if he carried it heel. There's no one to take him down. No one's gonna keep that title important unless Punk, Cena, or Lesnar.

OR THE ROCK (WHO MIGHT WIN THE TITLE AND KEEP IT FOR A LONG TIME, AND NOT EVEN WRESTLE TO DEFEND IT. HAHAHAHAa)

Of course, this is hypothetical. We could see Lesnar vs. X for the title, too.

Mr. Nerfect
09-14-2012, 11:47 PM
CM Punk dropped Stone Cold Steve Austin's name seemingly unnecessarily on RAW. If there were plans to do CM Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin at WrestleMania, I'm sure they would know what the go is. More so than ever, I'm thinking that Punk vs. Austin is a real possibility at WrestleMania next year.

That being said, in my dream world, I can't see CM Punk losing the WWE Title until the Royal Rumble against The Rock. Personally, I'd like to see Punk beat The Rock cleanly at the Rumble and use that to mock John Cena, as he goes on to do whatever he does, but is Punk vs. Austin for the WWE Title something the WWE would do? Given that a lot of emphasis on Austin as the Attitude era's biggest star has been removed lately in order to glamorise The Rock, Brock Lesnar and even Triple H and The Undertaker, I actually think that having Punk defend the WWE Title agaisnt Austin at WrestleMania would be a pretty good idea. By then, Punk would have spent over a year as WWE Champion, and that has the advantage of the "when will it actually end?" attraction. Such a reign is pretty unheard of in today's day and age.

I was actually just thinking that I think Survivor Series this year could be pretty epic. These next couple of months in general could be pretty epic. Let's say CM Punk retains the WWE Title at Night of Champions. A great main event for the Hell in a Cell PPV would be CM Punk teaming up with Brock Lesnar against John Cena and Triple H. Two of the biggest feuds the WWE can put forward, heading into the most violent match the WWE has. Following that, Survivor Series could feature "Team Heyman" against "Team Heroic Babyface" with CM Punk and Brock Lesnar leading some heels (Big Show, Mark Henry & The Miz seem like good candidates to me) against John Cena, Triple H and some babyfaces would make a pretty big deal main event. For some reason, I have the idea that The Rock is absolutely out of the picture for Survivor Series, but imagine if the WWE worked some magic and managed to stage this scenario:

John Cena, Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Undertaker
VS.
CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, The Miz, Big Show & Mark Henry

Now there is an epic Survivor Series main event, with a lot of history between so many of the factors. Then you do Cena vs. Punk at TLC in an actual TLC Match, where Punk finally puts Cena behind him, and then we get the Royal Rumble where Punk faces The Rock one-on-one.

But that's sort of besides the point. I used to be entirely for Cena vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania, but for some reason, I'm thinking that they will do Lesnar vs. Taker at WrestleMania. There just doesn't seem to be that "dynamic" between Taker and Cena just yet. Maybe as we get closer to Mania it will become more apparent. So while I would go with Cena vs. Taker, I'm thinking that we get Lesnar vs. Taker instead, and that Brock respectfully puts over Taker in his last WWE performance. My dream would be Shawn Michaels vs. Brock Lesnar, though.

As for what John Cena, The Rock and Triple H do? I don't really want to see Cena vs. Rock II, but I can't really think of anyone else for Cena to face. Cena vs. Randy Orton would be a pretty big match that they haven't done face vs. face yet, though. As for The Rock? He's listed his dream opponents in the past, but I would really like to see him against Daniel Bryan. A lot of people will say "Bryan isn't a star on that level" and all that -- but over the past few months, Bryan has proven his worth as an actual character in the WWE, and it would not surprise me if closer to WrestleMania, more and more hints are dropped for a Rock vs. Bryan feud, and that Bryan could even end up in the Paul Heyman camp heading into WrestleMania against The Rock. Just a thought. Bryan is also a dude that could put over The Rock without losing any momentum for himself. Also, if they could do The Rock & Stone Cold Steve Austin against CM Punk & Daniel Bryan? Yeah, I'd jizz.

If they go with that idea that was rumoured of putting Ric Flair in Dolph Ziggler's corner, then I could see Triple H vs. Ziggler at WrestleMania. Something like that would be a really cool way to have Ziggler arrive at that next level. But I can't help but think that the WWE will fast-track Ziggler to the main event even quicker, and that we'll get Sheamus vs. Ziggler for the World Title, with Triple H facing someone else. Hell, if Damien Sandow keeps impressing people, it could even be him. I'm going to go with the odd prediction of Cody Rhodes, however. Rhodes is the total package the WWE is looking for, and a story between the two is not too hard to think of.

So, to summarise, while I'm sure I'm way off, this card does not seem to be the most unrealistic thing I can imagine for WrestleMania:

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

John Cena vs. Randy Orton

WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

The Rock vs. Daniel Bryan

Triple H vs. Cody Rhodes

Mask vs. Mask
Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

#1-norm-fan
09-14-2012, 11:54 PM
If they're looking at doing Rock vs Cena again, which seems realistic, they should probably back off this "Once in a Lifetime" hype. lol

And there is absolutely, 100% NO way Daniel Bryan faces The Rock at WrestleMania.

#1-norm-fan
09-14-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm thinking

Punk vs Austin
Rock vs Cena
Taker vs Lesnar

Nothing spectacular, flashy or surprising. Seems like the most logical direction though.

Keith
09-14-2012, 11:59 PM
I feel we'll see CM Punk vs Rock.

Maybe we see Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar.

I still feel there's a chance we see HBK vs HHH. Call me crazy, but w/e.

The thing with having CM Punk vs Rock and Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker is that it leaves John Cena hanging.

Unless he becomes World Heavyweight Champion and wrestles Dolph Zigger, or Dolph goes into WM as Champion and faces John Cena, IDK.

Also, if all this rumbling about Goldberg signing a Legends deal turns out to be true, and he decides he wants another match, it could throw a curveball into the whole thing and change everything up.

In my opinion, the money match should be Rock vs Brock. They're both huge celebrities, the media attention would be off the charts, and that's exactly what WWE wants/needs/looks for come WrestleMania time.

If that happens, maybe we see Punk vs Undertaker, who knows? Heyman and Undertaker already have some history, so they know each other and I'm sure a pretty good angle could be built around this match heading into WM.

dronepool
09-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Punk vs Taker... I could see it. Punk calls out Taker for being a shadow of him self, broken and that Punk is the best and will prove that he's better than all of those who failed to beat his streak.

#1-norm-fan
09-15-2012, 04:01 AM
In my opinion, the money match should be Rock vs Brock. They're both huge celebrities, the media attention would be off the charts, and that's exactly what WWE wants/needs/looks for come WrestleMania time.

I was thinking this was where they were headed after Brock returned and Rock said he was going for the title and I dreaded it. Now I'm thinking the two of them might be headed elsewhere. I really don't want the main event of WrestleMania to feature two part timers. It would just be another year of giving up on your current roster in favor of guys who have better things to do than show up on Raw weekly. No one else is gonna get over at this rate.

You can still get the media attention by having them in separate matches. Neither is the "face of the company" though. Feel like the WrestleMania main event needs to be used to showcase the face of the company or make someone a face of the company. Not to have a "special attraction" between two guys who can't even realistically be in the title picture and hold a championship for an extended period of time because their schedules don't allow it.

James Steele
09-15-2012, 05:59 AM
I really don't want to see Rock/Cena II. On the Punk/Austin thing, I thought Austin just had knee surgery. Would he even be fully healthy in time for Mania let alone for that kind of match? Austin has said repeatedly he would only do another match if he could be at his absolute best.

Fignuts
09-15-2012, 10:58 AM
He won't be 100% by then. Also, it's been stated he doesn't want to do it this year because between The Rock and Lesnar being there, it could make his return match less impactful.

I kind of agree with that.

Keith
09-15-2012, 11:04 AM
It's true. If Austin comes back, he won't do it unless his return is the main story come WrestleMania time.

If he was to come back for WrestleMania 29, it won't be, since we have Rock, Brock, and who knows who/what else.

So he won't do it this time. I could definitely see him doing it for WM30. It's been rumored for some time.

James Steele
09-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I can picture Austin in the ring with Punk months after beating The Rock and CM Punk interrupts "Stone Cold Appreciation Night" or something.

"Hell son, I've been watching for awhile now and all I've heard about is how you are the new sheriff in town. I heard about how you beat the greatest superstar of all time at WrestleMania in New York. WHAT?! Did I hear that right? WHAT?! CM Punk beat the greatest WWE superstar of all time. WHAT?! Son, my memory ain't what it used to be but I'm pretty damn sure you never beat Stone Cold Steve Austin! You don't like drugs and alcohol? WHAT?! Stone Cold hates punks who don't like beer. Your name is Punk and you hate beer. So, I guess that means is I don't like you CM Punk. I've heard you say my name every once in awhile. WHAT?! If you say Stone Cold's name, then I assume you want some of Stone Cold Steve Austin. Son, if you want to call yourself the greatest WWE Superstar of all time...then you better get ready to step in between those ropes and get ready for the biggest ass-whoopin' the WWE has seen in at least 10 years! If you wanna see Stone Cold Steve Austin have ONE MORE MATCH and whoop CM Punk's no-beer-drinking ass on the grandest stage of them all at WrestleMania gimme a HELL YEAH!"

James Steele
09-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Goosebumps just thinking about it!

Keith
09-15-2012, 03:05 PM
We don't need to give fans anymore of a reason to chant "WHAT?" If Austin comes back and goes "WHAT?", it ensures we'll be stuck with it for about another 10 years.

Other than that, I have no problem with the scenario you bring.

James Steele
09-15-2012, 03:18 PM
We don't need to give fans anymore of a reason to chant "WHAT?" If Austin comes back and goes "WHAT?", it ensures we'll be stuck with it for about another 10 years.

Other than that, I have no problem with the scenario you bring.

That shit has lasted this long, it isn't going anywhere. Besides, you just need basic mic skills (pacing/timing) to avoid the what chants. Too many people try and be like Triple H (understandably so) and have a dramatic pause after every word or phrase.

Keith
09-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Even Undertaker got the "What?" treatment not too long ago, before 'Mania I think.

But yeah, you need to plan ahead of time when you go out there so you can "flow" on the mic and don't open up space for the fans to go "What?"

Paul Heyman goes out there and he doesn't even give the fans time to think about going "What?"

But he's fucking Paul Heyman, of course.

James Steele
09-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Even Undertaker got the "What?" treatment not too long ago, before 'Mania I think.

But yeah, you need to plan ahead of time when you go out there so you can "flow" on the mic and don't open up space for the fans to go "What?"

Paul Heyman goes out there and he doesn't even give the fans time to think about going "What?"

But he's fucking Paul Heyman, of course.

I felt bad for Undertaker during that promo. He was stumbling over his words badly.

dronepool
09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
How about this-

CM Punk loses to Cena, Cena faces the Rock at RR in a 'rematch' and CM Punk wins the RR to face the Rock at WM?

Shadrick
09-17-2012, 02:10 AM
How about this-

CM Punk loses to Cena, Cena faces the Rock at RR in a 'rematch' and CM Punk wins the RR to face the Rock at WM?

This is exactly what I think will happen.

And Punk HAS to go over Rock at Mania in an epic match.

Keith
09-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Who knows?

Maybe WWE will go the "Wrestlemania 20" route and have Rock vs Cena vs Punk.

That way (given that Rock comes in as Champion), he can lose the title without really losing the title, you know? Someone else gets pinned and he can go back to do his movies without looking that bad, without the image of him being pinned.

Rock Bottom
09-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Maybe we're all missing a CM Punk vs Lesnar fight, with Punk being managed by Heyman and all. Maybe it "blows up" on Heyman and the two can't get along, with Lesnar wanting the title, etc.

Mr. Nerfect
09-20-2012, 12:45 AM
I could totally see CM Punk holding the WWE Title until the Royal Rumble, beating The Rock and John Cena winning the Royal Rumble to lock in Punk vs. Cena in the Mania main event.

#1-norm-fan
09-20-2012, 12:51 AM
I can't see a match that will have happened at least six times in the past year and a half or so main eventing WrestleMania. Kinda ho-hum.

Keith
09-20-2012, 01:13 AM
I could totally see CM Punk holding the WWE Title until the Royal Rumble, beating The Rock and John Cena winning the Royal Rumble to lock in Punk vs. Cena in the Mania main event.

I can't see a match that will have happened at least six times in the past year and a half or so main eventing WrestleMania. Kinda ho-hum.

I would mark out if they put Punk and Cena in a 60 Minute Ironman Match at WrestleMania. Those two have great matches everytime they hook up. I'd love to see that.

But we won't.

James Steele
09-20-2012, 02:21 AM
Honestly, after Punk/Cena do Hell in a Cell at the next PPV...what the hell will there be left to do? It's like Orton/Cena only with way more chemistry and better matches. While it would no doubt deliver in the build and match, I don't know if there would be enough "buzz" especially when there are so many other "big matches" they could do for both guys.

Keith
09-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Yeah, they're not going to wrestle at WrestleMania, I was just sayin'.

If I had to bet, I'd say we're gonna see Rock vs Punk.

James Steele
09-20-2012, 02:50 AM
I believe Cena will turn heel in a huge way at either WrestleMania XXIX or WrestleMania XXX (if it is in MSG). I think WWE is going to do something "huge" in New York, and Cena turning heel is the most shocking/huge thing they could do character/storyline wise other than ending The Streak. At this point, nobody actually thinks either will ever happen. I don't know if Cena cheating to end The Streak would be wise or if cheating/going nuts to beat The Rock or CM Punk would get it done.

Keith
09-20-2012, 02:52 AM
LOL if Cena somehow cheated to end Undertaker's Streak, or if he contributed to someone beating Undertaker, the heat he'd get would be unbelievable.

If WWE wants to turn him heel, that'd be a great way.

I just have lost all hope of seeing Cena turn. I don't think it'll be done, and if it is, I doubt it'll be for any more than a couple of months.

James Steele
09-20-2012, 02:57 AM
I think Cena turning heel could give him a "2nd wind" and give him even more longevity as a character like it did for Hulk Hogan back in 1996.

Shadrick
09-23-2012, 12:44 AM

This.

But man, if Cena CHEATED to beat the streak, in MSG, Jesus Christ the heat would be so overwhelming.

James Steele
09-23-2012, 01:11 AM
It would be such an awesome and old-school heel turn.

mike adamle
09-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Would love if this Daniel Bryan-Kane stuff led to Kane bringing Daniel Bryan to beat his brother at WM and do what he couldn't do, end the streak. I'd have Punk still with his reign in tact, beating The Rock at the Royal Rumble and facing Brock Lesnar at WM as their Heyman stable implodes. That leaves room for Rock-Cena II. And I've still gotta feeling we're gonna see HHH-HBK at WM.

Undertaker vs. Daniel Bryan
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar
The Rock vs. John Cena II
HHH vs. HBK

That sounds awesome. Don't see it happening. But it sounds awesome.

Gertner
09-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking The Usos vs Bryan and Punk on the pre-show, since nobody cares about either.

KyleEmmott
09-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I would never want to see the streak broken, but if it had to be, John Cena turning heel and cheating his way. Would be GOLD.

Gertner
09-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Would love if this Daniel Bryan-Kane stuff led to Kane bringing Daniel Bryan to beat his brother at WM and do what he couldn't do, end the streak. I'd have Punk still with his reign in tact, beating The Rock at the Royal Rumble and facing Brock Lesnar at WM as their Heyman stable implodes. That leaves room for Rock-Cena II. And I've still gotta feeling we're gonna see HHH-HBK at WM.

Undertaker vs. Daniel Bryan
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar
The Rock vs. John Cena II
HHH vs. HBK

That sounds awesome. Don't see it happening. But it sounds awesome.

No. Nobody wants to see the vanilla midgets beating established stars. TNA's ppv would outdraw that.

mike adamle
09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't care, that's what I would do

Rock Bottom
09-23-2012, 04:15 PM
What if Rock beats whoever at Rumble - Cena, or Punk. Let's say Punk, since he's the champ right now. Have the title match take place before the battle royal itself, with the loser of that match co-winning the Rumble with the last one remaining in the Rock/Cena/Punk love triangle, establishing the triple threat main event, with a decently long time to build it up.

Rock Bottom
09-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Survivor Series '12 could have another Cena/Rock team up vs Punk/Lesnar. That isn't Mania, but it'd be pretty neat and it'd continue off of last year's dynamic.

Oh yeah, looking back, I also think it may have been a nice idea to have Brock win MITB. That way if Brock is off of TV or doesn't do a PPV, the announcers can babble about whether or not Brock Lesnar is here tonight, and the title would always be in "jeopardy" with Punk or Cena looking over their shoulder all the time. The random threat of Lesnar appearing to take the title would be pretty cool IMO.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I would love to see CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show & Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena, Triple H, The Rock, Randy Orton & Sheamus. That would be a pretty awesome Survivor Series main event.

The more I think about it, the more I think that CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania would be pretty sweet. Punk would remain the WWE Champion until that point in time. Punk would beat The Rock at the Royal Rumble -- but not cleanly. Cena wins the Royal Rumble and then challenges Punk for WrestleMania. The Rock comes back because he beat Cena at WrestleMania last year and he was screwed against Punk, which totally pisses Punk off.

Meanwhile, I still think that Brock Lesnar vs. Shawn Michaels would be absolutely huge if the WWE could pull it off. It just comes down to whether or not Shawn wants to have another match. Easily a "major attraction" to see HBK in a WWE ring again. Especially against "The Beast Incarnate."

Kane and Daniel Bryan could either remain in the WWE Tag Team Title picture, or end up being enemies with each other in time for WrestleMania. But that seems like a good spot for them, since both are almost assured some sort of spot on the card. Maybe they might even put Show-Miz back together to face these guys? A Tag Team Title match is too far in the future to predict.

What does The Undertaker do for WrestleMania, if anything? I could see him facing Sheamus, to be honest. Sheamus has gone on the record saying that would be a dream match for him, and there is a lot of push for Sheamus to really connect and be a big star for the WWE. The World Heavyweight Title being on the line would add so much drama to a potential match between the two, as well.

If Ric Flair comes back to the WWE to manage Dolph Ziggler, I'd love to see Triple H try to talk Ric out of it, only for Dolph to take exception and challenge Triple H at WrestleMania. That would be a nice little "star-making" match for Triple H, as he puts over Ziggler who could still be Mr. Money in the Bank at this point. And keep in mind the potential drama of The Undertaker winning the World Heavyweight Title from Sheamus, only for Dolph to cash in and break the streak. That would be fucking epic, and would protect The Undertaker in a unique way -- plus it would play into so much WrestleMania history for The Undertaker:

* Shawn Michaels retires Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV

* The Undertaker retires Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXVI

* The Undertaker beats Triple H at both WrestleMania XXVII and WrestleMania XXVIII, with Shawn Michaels being involved in the build to both matches

* Dolph Ziggler, accompanied by Ric Flair, beats Triple H AND The Undertaker in the same night at WrestleMania XXIX.

That would be Chris Jericho-level stuff to brag about. Would set up another feud with Chris Jericho quite nicely, wouldn't it?

So, here is a potential outline for some big matches at Mania:

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena vs. The Rock

World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs. The Undertaker

Brock Lesnar vs. Shawn Michaels

Triple H vs. Dolph Ziggler

Mask vs. Mask Match

WWE Tag Team Championship
Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Some Awesome Tag Team

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Randy Orton would have to be on the card as well, since he's a really big star, although I doubt the WWE would give him a major marquee match given his two strikes. Perhaps a battle with Alberto Del Rio? He's another guy that would seem like a shoe-in for some sort of WrestleMania placement, and Del Rio being a heel that gets a victory against the babyface between two hero victories would help pace the show out a bit more.

But there are also The Miz, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett and definitely Heath Slater to keep in mind, too.