PDA

View Full Version : God I look like a douche (it's probibly because I'm beating up a midget)

Rollermacka
09-15-2012, 07:32 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7XQ7ilx4pLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, I guess in the words of Kevin Nash he's a "vanilla midget" :p

CSL
09-15-2012, 08:02 PM
I don't understand your deal. It's like you're going for "big killer heel" but also "arrogant heel" and also "The Great Khali" with the way you walk etc. Just do one of them, be a killer mane. Shout, growl, especially in your entrance, give people a reason to give a fuck and let them know you're the big bad heel from the outset, show your character, don't just stand in the corner during his entrance, when you're getting your heat, do something-show yr character-do something-show yr character etc, don't "talk like a regular person", don't shout in pain when the skinny guy in the t-shirt is kicking you, don't arrogant heelishly brush your shoulder, get out of the ring and go tell the guys in the crowd shouting "nice acting!" that you're going to shove your fucking foot down their throat, intimidate people, don't tell everybody how good you are, tell them they're all going to die, don't shout in pain for the skinny guy submission, don't bump for the skinny guys drop toehold etc. You look like you're what 6'4/6'5, act like it. You don't look like you believe you're a monster and if you don't believe it, nobody else will either. If the purpose of that match was to make you look good, you didn't need to give him as much as you did etc. Wasn't badly structured tho, I've seen big guys bumping all over the place in the first few minutes. It just really stands out that you aren't very comfortable yet/don't really know what you're supposed to be etc. At least it looks like you're trying to do it "properly" tho.

CSL
09-15-2012, 08:12 PM
AND GROW THE MOUSTACHE BACK

Rollermacka
09-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Well, what I'm going for is a bulling big man but once I'm confronted, I cower away. It's suppose to be arrogant with the strut, just lounging in the corner and not taking my opponent seriously (hence why I have my hands down and circle slowly). The other thing is that I am suppose to look dominate when I do moves (the chokeslam, delayed vertical, walking gut breakers) but I still wanna take short cuts to make things easier (plus the eye rakes/ chokes give that sympathy factor to the face). Obviously, on the indy circut alot of it is trial and error, to see what works for the gimmick and what doesn't. I've only been "Paul Titan" for a few months now, I gotta slowly build it into a polished gimmick

Rollermacka
09-15-2012, 08:18 PM
AND GROW THE MOUSTACHE BACK

I might go back to full beard and slick back hair. I was told I look too "pretty" today from a promoter to be a heel.

Rollermacka
09-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't understand your deal. It's like you're going for "big killer heel" but also "arrogant heel" and also "The Great Khali" with the way you walk etc. Just do one of them, be a killer mane. Shout, growl, especially in your entrance, give people a reason to give a fuck and let them know you're the big bad heel from the outset, show your character, don't just stand in the corner during his entrance, when you're getting your heat, do something-show yr character-do something-show yr character etc, don't "talk like a regular person", don't shout in pain when the skinny guy in the t-shirt is kicking you, don't arrogant heelishly brush your shoulder, get out of the ring and go tell the guys in the crowd shouting "nice acting!" that you're going to shove your fucking foot down their throat, intimidate people, don't tell everybody how good you are, tell them they're all going to die, don't shout in pain for the skinny guy submission, don't bump for the skinny guys drop toehold etc. You look like you're what 6'4/6'5, act like it. You don't look like you believe you're a monster and if you don't believe it, nobody else will either. If the purpose of that match was to make you look good, you didn't need to give him as much as you did etc. Wasn't badly structured tho, I've seen big guys bumping all over the place in the first few minutes. It just really stands out that you aren't very comfortable yet/don't really know what you're supposed to be etc. At least it looks like you're trying to do it "properly" tho.

Yes, I'm around 6 ft 5 with the boots. I've done the "monster" gimmick before and there is tons of big guys on the indies that wanna be the next "Goldberg". I'd like to make something diffrent, combine aspects of a power heel, with an old school rule breaker, combine those with my own personality and make something unique

CSL
09-15-2012, 08:27 PM
oh I hear what you're saying but there are always going to be smaller guys who can do the coward stuff better/get a better reaction because they build to the point where people want to see them get killed because they're small cowards. Heel or not, booing or cheering, people want to see a big guy kill things. A big guy cowering from people, especially guys that small, is probably just going to get a mixed reaction. Wrestling is really really simple. And the babyface won't need anymore sympathy if he bumps like a trooper for your shit and doesn't "die"/shows out whilst doing. As for the corner thing during the entrance, I know what you were going for with the arrogant/not taking the other guy seriously gimmick. Like 90% of indy heels do the exact same schtick, you see it on every single show ;) And absolutely it's trial and error but I almost guarantee that if you just go full on killer/big man and work on polishing that act, you'll get a better reaction. Because at some point you're probably going to work a show with a smaller guy doing the same type character/gimmick and he'll get a better reaction than you simply because it makes more sense. Whereas he'll never be able to go out and be 6'4 or whatever and powerbomb somebody and have the audience believing you may have just actually killed somebody and so forth.

CSL
09-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes, I'm around 6 ft 5 with the boots. I've done the "monster" gimmick before and there is tons of big guys on the indies that wanna be the next "Goldberg". I'd like to make something diffrent, combine aspects of a power heel, with an old school rule breaker, combine those with my own personality and make something unique

but the big killer will always always have a spot on a wrestling show, no matter what. How far the character goes is down to how much you put into it. And there's only tonnes of them because of fat guys that can't be arsed with getting in the gym. The fact you're 6'5 and "in shape" already gives you a head start over most of them. And there isn't really anything unique in wrestling anymore. There's what works and what doesn't work. It's down to whatever spin you put on the things that work that'll "determine your success"

Jimmy King
09-15-2012, 08:47 PM
I enjoy watching you paul titan lol I watched your 3 way and now this, fun stuff

Wishbone
09-15-2012, 08:51 PM
This was actually pretty decent compared to most of the 'indy' stuff we see on the forums. You actually had me interested during the match so good job. :) I will say that I agree with Blackula that you should focus your gimmick a bit more though. Maybe keep some of the arrogant heel stuff but tone it down a bit. A good monster heel is always fun.

Curd
09-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, what I'm going for is a bulling big man but once I'm confronted, I cower away. It's suppose to be arrogant with the strut, just lounging in the corner and not taking my opponent seriously (hence why I have my hands down and circle slowly). The other thing is that I am suppose to look dominate when I do moves (the chokeslam, delayed vertical, walking gut breakers) but I still wanna take short cuts to make things easier (plus the eye rakes/ chokes give that sympathy factor to the face). Obviously, on the indy circut alot of it is trial and error, to see what works for the gimmick and what doesn't. I've only been "Paul Titan" for a few months now, I gotta slowly build it into a polished gimmick

I appreciate that you want to create a unique gimmick -- but it's too complex for the casual fan to wrap his/her mind around within the first few minutes of watching you. Then they end up making obnoxious, random remarks because they want to interact but don't know exactly what your character is about.

Curd
09-15-2012, 10:53 PM
I might go back to full beard and slick back hair. I was told I look too "pretty" today from a promoter to be a heel.

Instead of trying to strike a balance between brute and coward, this could be a perfect opportunity to debut a new gimmick: "Playboy" Paul Titan! You could turn the promoter's comments into an angle leading up to your gimmick change. Why not pitch it to the promoter?

Rollermacka
09-15-2012, 11:24 PM
I appreciate that you want to create a unique gimmick -- but it's too complex for the casual fan to wrap his/her mind around within the first few minutes of watching you. Then they end up making obnoxious, random remarks because they want to interact but don't know exactly what your character is about.

Lol, that's kinda funny. The first time I came out as "Paul Titan" I was flexing and being cocky while flirting with the fans... and I literally got zero reaction. No cheering, no booing, the crowd was basically looking at me with a blank face like "who the fuck are you?" In this match, I did do alot of cheap/ sympathy heat to get the crowd behing him but what did you guys think about my strategy of working the body? (focusing on the core and lower back to set up for the chokeslam)

Curd
09-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Lol, that's kinda funny. The first time I came out as "Paul Titan" I was flexing and being cocky while flirting with the fans... and I literally got zero reaction. No cheering, no booing, the crowd was basically looking at me with a blank face like "who the fuck are you?" In this match, I did do alot of cheap/ sympathy heat to get the crowd behing him but what did you guys think about my strategy of working the body? (focusing on the core and lower back to set up for the chokeslam)

Oh, I didn't know you had tried that already -- I apologize.

You do have sensible ring psychology, and I don't think you're over-selling for Alex because if you didn't grimace a bit when struck or toe held, then maybe the others would accuse you of no-selling and give the "Mark Levine Treatment." So you're striking a good balance in that sense.

I really cannot be more of a critic because I've never done any ring work or even gone to a wrestling school. What do the users who have actually pro wrestled think about Rollamacka's ring psychology?

Rammsteinmad
09-16-2012, 12:12 AM
I hate when Indy guys wear t-shirts during their matches, unless it's a legit part of their character ie. Mick Foley, Tommy Dreamer etc.

Perry Saturn
09-16-2012, 12:17 AM
One day you'll be able to face the great Adam Evans. :shifty:

Rammsteinmad
09-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Pretty sure it was Adam Evans.

Rammsteinmad
09-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Ah, you edited your post. :foc:

Perry Saturn
09-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Ah, you edited your post. :foc:

Yeah took me a second before i realized the mistake.

Autobahn
09-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Grow the mo.

Autobahn
09-16-2012, 01:39 AM
And change your name to GM Reinfeldt.

Tom Guycott
09-16-2012, 02:37 AM
dammit, I had a critique written and the PC blew it up. :(

Tom Guycott
09-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Let me try and remember:

I don't like your ring attire. I understand in the grand scheme of things, that isn't one of the MOST important, but there's something to be said for the sheer number of people rocking black on black. I'm glad you're not going completely generic big man and wearing a single strapped singlet or black leather pants, but black tights/boots isn't that far off.

I suggested, half jokingly, that you look kinda like Wolfgang Krauser- and to that end asked if you could paint an X on your forehead, grow a mustache, and dye all your hair (including the lip ferret) purple, and use "Dies Irae" as your entrance music.

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/9/g/9gb8xvdh8mbzg98m.jpg
I was kidding about the dye. I was not joking about the 'stache.

It was also going to tie into the whole "basic black" clothes thing. I was about to edit some segeue into that, but thats when it stopped letting me edit. So, no cute transition: you don't have to cosplay the cape and gold armor and whatnot, but I wanted to suggest you look at the fact he's not just a big bad in black clothes. He's attracting attention in attire alone.

In the match, there are a lot of things I like here.

I like the fact you audibly talk shit in the match. I like people who do this, like Bubba/Bully Ray and Scott "WHO'S THE MAN!?" Steiner.

The double backbreaker/shoulderbreaker spot... and all the trash talking in between. Seems like a) it should be a staple signature of yours if you continue fighting smaller guys and b) you should say something at the end while the guy is rolling around on the mat selling how much you just destroyed him. Be it to your opponent or the crowd. Even a motion, like wiping your hands like you took out a sack of dusty trash, would work here.

I already mentioned how I like the loud trash talk. I also like the slow, deliberate movements. I like how you prep for a big corner splash like a bull about to charge. I like the fact that, as you said, you want to be different than monster heel #536. I see less Goldberg and more Big John Studd. Also, the first time I was writing this, I put this in earler and mentioned how Studd wore white tights, and put that in the ring gear part. Has no place in this idea, but I thought I'd still mention it, because that's pretty much the part that bugged me the most... the fact you look soo... "meh".

The part where the heckler goes "put all your weight on him so he can't get up!" made sense... even though he was just being an ass, I can't help but to agree, albeit for a different reason. It seemed to me that you should have PULLED him up on that spot. Like you weren't done with him yet. Like you were going to have to teach this guy a lesson on why he shouldn't step in the ring with "Punishing"* Paul Titan.

Good job on the power display moveset, too. It's kinda old school, and I mean that in a good way. Elbow drop into a pin, stepping on the little guy, pushing him over with your foot. Nice headbutt to the lower back, too, but it seems a tad out of place to me unless you incorporate more headbutts into your offense and basically telling everyone your head is as big a weapon as your fists.

And, oh yeah, you don't look like a douche. But maybe you should. I mean, since you're going the arrogant route anyhow, something as simple as a loud button down shirt obnoxiously buttoned low- butterfly'd out by like 2 buttons to over-show the chest when you come down to the ring (and make it easier to remove). Even better if it's one of those deals with a bunch of filigree and skulls and crosses and whatnot. It's easier to get over as a douchebag if you look like one as opposed to looking "meh".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_un4SKl1mygU/SqiOCB7geQI/AAAAAAAACPI/f7g4rtKPXH8/s400/douchebag+shirt+2.jpg
Like this, but just maybe not in black.

-my two cents, to be taken with grains of salt from someone who never stepped foot in a ring. Also worth noting that I actually like the example shirt and would rock the hell out of it with a nice pair of jeans. But I also realize that it has become the official uniform of the modern day tool.

*I was going to say "Painful", or "Painmaker", and truthfully, "Big" was the first thing I thought, but with all the shit I talked about looking generic, I felt stupid that I instantly thought to call you something very cliche.

Blitz
09-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Probibly

KyleEmmott
09-16-2012, 10:40 AM
DO IT!

Sixx
09-16-2012, 11:23 AM
You won!

Curd
09-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Let me try and remember:

I don't like your ring attire. I understand in the grand scheme of things, that isn't one of the MOST important, but there's something to be said for the sheer number of people rocking black on black. I'm glad you're not going completely generic big man and wearing a single strapped singlet or black leather pants, but black tights/boots isn't that far off.

I suggested, half jokingly, that you look kinda like Wolfgang Krauser- and to that end asked if you could paint an X on your forehead, grow a mustache, and dye all your hair (including the lip ferret) purple, and use "Dies Irae" as your entrance music.

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/9/g/9gb8xvdh8mbzg98m.jpg
I was kidding about the dye. I was not joking about the 'stache.

It was also going to tie into the whole "basic black" clothes thing. I was about to edit some segeue into that, but thats when it stopped letting me edit. So, no cute transition: you don't have to cosplay the cape and gold armor and whatnot, but I wanted to suggest you look at the fact he's not just a big bad in black clothes. He's attracting attention in attire alone.

In the match, there are a lot of things I like here.

I like the fact you audibly talk shit in the match. I like people who do this, like Bubba/Bully Ray and Scott "WHO'S THE MAN!?" Steiner.

The double backbreaker/shoulderbreaker spot... and all the trash talking in between. Seems like a) it should be a staple signature of yours if you continue fighting smaller guys and b) you should say something at the end while the guy is rolling around on the mat selling how much you just destroyed him. Be it to your opponent or the crowd. Even a motion, like wiping your hands like you took out a sack of dusty trash, would work here.

I already mentioned how I like the loud trash talk. I also like the slow, deliberate movements. I like how you prep for a big corner splash like a bull about to charge. I like the fact that, as you said, you want to be different than monster heel #536. I see less Goldberg and more Big John Studd. Also, the first time I was writing this, I put this in earler and mentioned how Studd wore white tights, and put that in the ring gear part. Has no place in this idea, but I thought I'd still mention it, because that's pretty much the part that bugged me the most... the fact you look soo... "meh".

The part where the heckler goes "put all your weight on him so he can't get up!" made sense... even though he was just being an ass, I can't help but to agree, albeit for a different reason. It seemed to me that you should have PULLED him up on that spot. Like you weren't done with him yet. Like you were going to have to teach this guy a lesson on why he shouldn't step in the ring with "Punishing"* Paul Titan.

Good job on the power display moveset, too. It's kinda old school, and I mean that in a good way. Elbow drop into a pin, stepping on the little guy, pushing him over with your foot. Nice headbutt to the lower back, too, but it seems a tad out of place to me unless you incorporate more headbutts into your offense and basically telling everyone your head is as big a weapon as your fists.

And, oh yeah, you don't look like a douche. But maybe you should. I mean, since you're going the arrogant route anyhow, something as simple as a loud button down shirt obnoxiously buttoned low- butterfly'd out by like 2 buttons to over-show the chest when you come down to the ring (and make it easier to remove). Even better if it's one of those deals with a bunch of filigree and skulls and crosses and whatnot. It's easier to get over as a douchebag if you look like one as opposed to looking "meh".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_un4SKl1mygU/SqiOCB7geQI/AAAAAAAACPI/f7g4rtKPXH8/s400/douchebag+shirt+2.jpg
Like this, but just maybe not in black.

-my two cents, to be taken with grains of salt from someone who never stepped foot in a ring. Also worth noting that I actually like the example shirt and would rock the hell out of it with a nice pair of jeans. But I also realize that it has become the official uniform of the modern day tool.

*I was going to say "Painful", or "Painmaker", and truthfully, "Big" was the first thing I thought, but with all the shit I talked about looking generic, I felt stupid that I instantly thought to call you something very cliche.

+1 Seconded! As a fan, I'd buy into Tom's proposal.

Swiss Ultimate
09-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Needs more top-rope tombstone piledrivers/kick out spots.

CSL
09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
top rope tombstone is so July 2012. More like 3 straight top rope flip tombstones followed by FOREARMS AND SUPERKICKS now

Swiss Ultimate
09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Endless chops. WOOOOOOO!

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2012, 06:58 PM
You should change your gimmick to a prancing fairy who skips around the ring and throws glitter everywhere, possibly in a tutu or full ballerina dress. It would throw your opponent off guard and make them think you're an easy little faggot and they'll have no problem. But then you destroy them with your power moveset, possibly skipping or blowing kisses to the crowd after each move. You should blow bubbles as well, that can be done as a "cheap heel move" where you blow bubbles or throw glitter in the guys face before chokeslamming him. And if you do any top rope moves you should put on a pair of fairy wings beforehand.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Wish I'd have took up wrestling when I was younger now, I could be getting some great heel heat right now just from rubbing my bollocks on some balding fat guys shiny head.

CSL
09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
to think, this could have been you

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C4HJWJdl0oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Lolll Jules Lambrini is such a perfect name for that gimmick.

CSL
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
at 4:30, one kid attempts to start a "battyboy" chant. The classiest of kids come to wrestling shows

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Still needs fairy wings for top rope moves though.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Actually I think its the hair that makes you look like a douche or the tattoos. No offense though. :)

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2012, 07:10 PM
CSL, is there anyone in the UK with a scouse gimmick? I think a scouse psycho gimmick like Stephen Graham in This is England would be brilliant.

CSL
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
ermmmmm there are a few scouse guys, Robbie Brookside and Frankie Sloan being the "most well known" ones, they teamed as the Liverpool Lads, guy named CJ Banks does alright/is "well liked" by the internet, he's from that way, don't think there's anybody with that kind of gimmick tho or at least anybody "relevant", could definitely work as well

Rollermacka
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/8151

What do you guys think? A pair of long tights made out of this material?

http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/8879

or this one? (it would be a length wise so I look taller)

Schlomey
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
you remind me of The Great Eli Cottonahli

Tom Guycott
09-18-2012, 03:34 AM
http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/8151

What do you guys think? A pair of long tights made out of this material?

http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/8879

or this one? (it would be a length wise so I look taller)

My vote is the second "snakeskin" one.

Unless you're going for that 80's hair band look the first one provides.

Purgatory
09-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Awesome stuff, man. That was better than some of the Indy stuff I've seen here in New York.

Juan
09-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Spandex World Inc

Rollermacka
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
My vote is the second "snakeskin" one.

Unless you're going for that 80's hair band look the first one provides.

I'm going with the second one for now. I like the color of the first, but the little "rhinestones" would just start comming off andit would defeat the purpose of buying them (plus they'd start digging into the skin whenever I have to take a bump) I think the multi colored tights would go well with the feathered hair and bright tattoos.

Actually I think its the hair that makes you look like a douche or the tattoos. No offense though. :)

I was trying to come off like a douchebag in the ring. What I eventually want the gimmick to be is a combination of "Bully" Ray, "Sweet" Stan Lane and Buddy Landell. That menacing aspect of Ray's gimmick but cower back and take advantage of the situation wen I can. Always be showing off to the fans and posing like Stan Lane but I'm not "that" big... yet. I like Buddy Landell's overall demenor as the "Nature Boy" the cockyness and arrogance without really having to say much (he was alittle less spastic and cartoony than Flair)

Side note, I planned to be a self proclaimed "asshole" back in 2009... but then Anderson did it on TV, he did it first.