Supreme Olajuwon
09-17-2012, 11:16 AM
http://thedailyfix.nfb.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/chrssss.jpg
Chris Jericho

vs.

http://tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=1913
Shawn Michaels

3 days.

<select><option selected="selected">Best Wrestler Tournament History</option><option>ROUND 1</option><option>#1. Randy Savage vs. Taz (72-4)</option><option>#2. The Undertaker vs. Steve Austin (42-42)</option><option>#3. Chris Jericho vs. Jake Roberts (52-15)</option><option>#4. Bret Hart vs. CM Punk (44-24)</option><option>#5. Curt Hennig vs. The Rock (27-31)</option><option>#6. Mick Foley vs. Kurt Angle (18-41)</option><option>#7. Eddie Guerrero vs. Shawn Michaels (13-50)</option><option>#8. Chris Benoit vs. Hulk Hogan (28-36)</option><option>ROUND 2</option><option>#9. Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan (41-18)</option><option>#10. The Undertaker vs. Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (14-22-26)</option><option>#11. Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle (30-27)</option><option>#12. Bret Hart vs. The Rock (32-34)</option><option>ROUND 3</option><option>#13. Randy Savage vs. The Rock (41-22)</option></select>

whiteyford
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Shawn, not even close for me.

Kane Knight
09-17-2012, 11:44 AM
If it was anyone but Michaels, I'd probably vote Y2J.

But it is Michaels, so it's HBK.

KaosDarksol
09-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Jericho because I don't want to vote for hbk

Rammsteinmad
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Just gonna edit and repost this from Jericho's last outing:

Jericho is to me what Triple H is to James Steele. Love the guy, and everything he does. Whether it's being the best in the world at what he does, or Fozzy, who are fucking awesome, or his two autobiographies, which are two of my favourite books. His dancing with the stars stuff was fun to watch, as was his time hosting that crappy gameshow, which was crap, but I watched it anyway because it was Chris Jericho, and all the crappy movies he's been in, which were also crap, but I still watched because Y2J was in them.

Jericho has gotten to where he is today, and at 40 years of age, not only is still looking fucking good, but he's still in great shape. He isn't broken down with injuries, yet, he's seen more than his fair share of five-star or dangerous matches. He's still entertaining, and still has a genuine passion for everything he does. And he never went through a phase of his career where he was an "asshole".

Shawn Michaels is fucking awesome, don't get me wrong. But quite simply, Chris Jericho is "the man".

XCaliber
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
HBK I feel is a tad overrated but he's still better than Jericho overall so he gets my vote here.

Rammsteinmad
09-17-2012, 12:26 PM
HBK is totally gonna own this thread, though.

Pintint
09-17-2012, 12:44 PM
HBK and it wasn't a very hard decision for me to make. They are both incredible in the ring and character wise, but HBK had a lot more impact on the business and is in on another level in wrestling hierarchy altogether.

Plus HBK never took time off to play music or dance with the stars.

That really hurts Jericho's career in my eyes.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-17-2012, 01:01 PM
This is difficult, because they're both amazing but neither really became one of my favourites. HBK is an obvious choice but only because I don't think Jericho's legacy hasn't really been fully canonised yet. Whereas HBk already has the Hall of fame career etc...

ah fuck it, I've enjoyed Jericho more. His feuds with Benoit/Mysterio/Punk and even HBK himself were awesome. Plus I've never been big on any of the clique

Joesgonnakillyou
09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
and HBK shouldn't have beaten Austin

jskinnyg
09-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Agreed...

Jericho is to me what Triple H is to James Steele. Love the guy, and everything he does. Whether it's being the best in the world at what he does, or Fozzy, who are fucking awesome, or his two autobiographies, which are two of my favourite books. His dancing with the stars stuff was fun to watch, as was his time hosting that crappy gameshow, which was crap, but I watched it anyway because it was Chris Jericho, and all the crappy movies he's been in, which were also crap, but I still watched because Y2J was in them.

Jericho has gotten to where he is today, and at 40 years of age, not only is still looking fucking good, but he's still in great shape. He isn't broken down with injuries, yet, he's seen more than his fair share of five-star or dangerous matches. He's still entertaining, and still has a genuine passion for everything he does. And he never went through a phase of his career where he was an "asshole".

Shawn Michaels is fucking awesome, don't get me wrong. But quite simply, Chris Jericho is "the man".

Kane Knight
09-17-2012, 01:16 PM
and HBK shouldn't have beaten Austin

He shoulda creamed Austin.

itsmeJD
09-17-2012, 01:18 PM
He shoulda creamed Austin.

Sounds like a Seth82 fantasy.

Emperor Smeat
09-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Really tough choice but went with HBK even though Jericho is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.

Both are great in the ring but give the small edge to HBK based on his Mania matches against Taker and with the promos but gave the edge to Jericho overall.

itsmeJD
09-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Shawn Michaels is fucking awesome. And quite simply, Chris Jericho is the man that got beat by HBK fairly handily in this contest.

Fixed.

Lock Jaw
09-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I vote for Chris Jericho, because at no point in his career did I absolutely loathe him.

CSL
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
HBK. It's like comparing your "average hall of famer" to Gretzky or Jordan.

Pintint
09-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I vote for Chris Jericho, because at no point in his career did I absolutely loathe him.

When did you ever loathe the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels?

Nicky Fives
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM
sorry Chris.....

Pintint
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM
BTW, Supreme is clearly trying to screw with the voters by not posting a picture of HBK.

MVP
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I like Jericho better, but had to go with HBK. He had the more prolific career.

Lock Jaw
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
When did you ever loathe the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels?

When he was a legit douche in real life, and it came across on screen. Especially when he started to actually play a douche on screen as well.

Keith
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
This shouldn't even spark up arguments.

Stop it now, guys. Y'all are just being silly.

The Condor
09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Jericho because Ralphus > Jose Lothario

Rock Bottom
09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
HBK. It's like comparing your "average hall of famer" to Gretzky or Jordan.

Rock Bottom
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
This shouldn't even spark up arguments.

Stop it now, guys. Y'all are just being silly.

Where was this in the Kurt Angle poll? :(

Keith
09-17-2012, 03:15 PM
LOL @ some of you going all like "I voted for Jericho because HBK was a douche back in the day! He even acted like that on-camera!"

Well, he was a heel (or tweener, at best). What did y'all expect him to act like? That means he did his job well.

And he's arguably the best in-ring performer of all time, with pretty damn good mic skills, too.

Keith
09-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Where was this in the Kurt Angle poll? :(

Well I feel Kurt Angle is the only guy who comes close to being the GOAT other than HBK, so naturally there was going to be plenty of debate.

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I still think HBK is in danger if not in this round then in the finals just because I know there are some people who are somewhat on the fence who are gonna be intent on seeing all the "HBK is obviously gonna win this thing. He's the GOAT" comments and vote against him to make it more interesting. Even if it's subconscious. People love the underdog. I'm not completely sold on an upset not happening.

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Wait, Flair didn't even make it into the tournament did he? How the fuck did that happen!?!?

Corporate CockSnogger
09-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I voted HBK because he has superkicked more small girls.

Cool King
09-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Just gonna edit and repost this from Jericho's last outing:

This, and exactly this. 100%.

Cuse8
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
this isnt even close...i love jericho but hbk all the way

this weekend i watched his summerslam 02 match with hhh..that he came back from such a serious injury and such a long layoff and still had probably one of his top 5 matches ever speaks volumes of how great he is.

Tazz Dan
09-17-2012, 04:16 PM
We all love Jericho, well most of us anyway, but very very few have had as many great matches on the same level as HBK. Whether he was a dick or not, he's close to being the best ever.

Tazz Dan
09-17-2012, 04:17 PM
HBK vs Kevin Nash Would have been a totally different outcome here.

Road Warrior
09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Even though I enjoyed Jericho far more than I did HBK, I can admit that HBK is the better wrestler, and in the conversation for the GOAT. Love Jericho but I still don't know how he beat Angle.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I still think HBK is in danger if not in this round then in the finals just because I know there are some people who are somewhat on the fence who are gonna be intent on seeing all the "HBK is obviously gonna win this thing. He's the GOAT" comments and vote against him to make it more interesting. Even if it's subconscious. People love the underdog. I'm not completely sold on an upset not happening.

For the record; I do think Macho Man is better and I will be voting for Randy for that reason only.

BUT it would please me if HBK lost...

Also I think we should have Y2J vs Rock for third place before the final...

Destor
09-17-2012, 07:57 PM
wild to think there is only one of these left

MoFo
09-17-2012, 08:04 PM
HBK, although Jericho gets +10 badass points for legit punching Michaels wife in the face.

James Steele
09-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Shawn Michaels is the greatest of all time and forever changed the business.

itsmeJD
09-18-2012, 09:48 AM
I voted Shawn Michaels. Jericho is great and has had many epic moments, but Michaels has had more.

Keith
09-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Sometimes I wonder what Chris Jericho might've accomplished had he not started leaving for many months as he usually has done.

He's left, what, 3 times already? Who knows what he would've done had he stayed. He'd perhaps be even bigger than he already is, who knows?

But still, I'd never vote him over HBK.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Sometimes I wonder what Chris Jericho might've accomplished had he not started leaving for many months as he usually has done.

Like Shawn did like four times? #LostMySmile #TellMeALie

Supreme Olajuwon
09-18-2012, 04:32 PM
#BrokeMyBackOnACasket

James Steele
09-19-2012, 12:51 AM
#OvercameDeathAndAddictionToComeOutABetterManWhoBelievesInJesusAndIsAGreatFatherAndFriendWhileAlsoHa vingASecondRunInMyCareerThatEstablishedMeAsTheGreatestSportsEntertainerOfAllTime

James Steele
09-19-2012, 12:53 AM
@SlickyTrickyDamonIsSteelesBitch #GameSetMatch

#1-norm-fan
09-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Did you have to throw "believes in Jesus" in there?

#1-norm-fan
09-19-2012, 12:58 AM
I don't like being reminded that my favorite wrestler of all time is way into Jesus. It hurts my heart a little.

James Steele
09-19-2012, 01:06 AM
#OvercameDeathAndAddictionToComeOutABetterManWhoBelievesInTripleHsAbilityToRunTheWWEGoingForwardForG enerationsAndIsAGreatFatherAndFriendWhileAlsoHavingASecondRunInMyCareerThatEstablishedMeAsTheGreates tSportsEntertainerOfAllTime

Better?

#1-norm-fan
09-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Better. Warmer.

Curd
09-19-2012, 02:13 AM
I voted for Michaels because he was one of the few "New Generation" superstars to remain loyal during the 1995-1997 slump and ultimately help WWE defeat WCW. IIRC, Shawn is the only Clique member to have never wrestled in WCW, and I'm sure Ted Turner's checkbook called out to him more than once for the opportunity to reignite the Montreal Incident in WCW.

Jericho being the first Undisputed Champion was more of a "right time, right place" situation, as Chris had to job to the Hulkster mere months later. And although HBK had to lie down for Hulk at Summerslam 2005, he did such a great job of mocking Hogan while fulfilling his contractual loss that I enjoyed the match despite the outcome. It takes talent to do that!

I respect Jericho for being multi-talented, but his Fozzy band and other media ventures don't really relate to wrestling the way that Macho Man's album or Hogan's films did. If Jericho had incorporated more wrestling promotion into his non-wrestling ventures, then I would be more open to voting for him versus HBK.

Kane Knight
09-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a Seth82 fantasy.

that would be Seth being creamed on by Austin.