PDA

View Full Version : What big additions will be added to the WWE roster next year? If any.

KyleEmmott
09-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I think Seth Rollins will be on the main roster by early next year, hopefully. I see a couple of big NXT guys being called up. Ric Flair will most likely get signed. Along with Devon & Alex Shelley. And I also think Jeff Hardy will be on the roster late 2013. ( I think his contract expires mid 2013, I could be wrong)
Any wrestlers you think will see with the company next year or wrestlers you'd like to see with the company.

Mercenary
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
They are foolish to take Hardy back.

Gertner
09-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Hopefully Bray Wyatt.

Really wish Rollins wasn't so God awful on the mic, because he's fantastic in the ring

I imagine The Ascension will get called up.

Dean Ambrose will probably be added as well.

Lock Jaw
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
None. They have too many guys as it is.

Gertner
09-18-2012, 06:05 PM
They need to drop some of the dead weight like Jackson, Khali and Hawkins.

Lock Jaw
09-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I heard that they don't want to cut any jobs right now because of Linda's Campaign. They want to be seen as "creating jobs" and not ending them.

Which is why they haven't done their usual Spring Cleaning/Mass Releases.

Gertner
09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah I heard that too, but once that failure finishes in a month I'm guessing some Fall Cleaning will take place and guys like JTG, Hawkins will be gone

Droford
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
So if she wins, everyone's got a guaranteed job for 6 years?

Joesgonnakillyou
09-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Can't see Shelley being signed, Can't see Hardy wanting to come back.

Flair could happen, Devon would be an agent if anything.

They'll be a hell of a lot of call ups from NXT

blake639raw
09-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Really wish Rollins wasn't so God awful on the mic, because he's fantastic in the ring You know he's a former ROH guy right?

Gertner
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I know more about ROH then 99% of the people here.

If I'm gonna troll it, I need to be on top of it.

Cuse8
09-18-2012, 07:49 PM
i think rollins will be fine once called up without major mic skils (see sheamus and hardy,jeff)

#1-wwf-fan
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Really don't think Jeff Hardy is coming back to WWE any time soon...

Gertner
09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
i think rollins will be fine once called up without major mic skils (see sheamus and hardy,jeff)

lol what are you talking about, Sheamus is great on the mic.

Jura
09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
I just thought of something. Even if WWE did have an entire roster that was really good from top to bottom, would they be able to push everyone? Would they have a role for each wrestler?

#1-wwf-fan
09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
They could.

But they wouldn't.

Emperor Smeat
09-18-2012, 08:18 PM
They could but they'd need better time management (ex. less filler recaps) and have stars be strictly exclusive to just certain shows.

I doubt the WWE goes after anyone big considering they have enough wrestlers on NXT to debut on the main brands. Don't think they've done the annual tradition of "raiding" Smackdown's newly built stars for RAW exclusively yet either.

Juan
09-18-2012, 08:18 PM

He's pretty good, but "great" might be a stretch.

Gertner
09-18-2012, 08:19 PM
I just thought of something. Even if WWE did have an entire roster that was really good from top to bottom, would they be able to push everyone? Would they have a role for each wrestler?

They have a roster already of how many? 75? 5 hours of total TV, unless you include Superstars which is basically an internet show.

It's next to impossible with a roster that big to really push everybody and write compelling storylines. They can barely do it focusing on half their roster.

Gertner
09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
He's pretty good, but "great" might be a stretch.

He did great mic work as a heel. His face work isn't as good, but it's still better than 95% of the roster.

#1-wwf-fan
09-18-2012, 08:26 PM
They have a roster already of how many? 75? 5 hours of total TV, unless you include Superstars which is basically an internet show.

It's next to impossible with a roster that big to really push everybody and write compelling storylines. They can barely do it focusing on half their roster.

They aren't even capable of fitting more than like... 10 guys in a compelling storyline at once. And even that's a stretch sometimes. The writers are incompetent.

If they actually put forth the effort and tried, they could at least give most of the roster a role. As it stands a guy like Cody Rhodes gets a nice little upper-midcard push, he's always involved in something then they lose focus and repeat with someone else. Just horrible. That's why no one gets over. There's no focus.

And I'm not even a big Cody Rhodes fan. But they put so much effort in actually making him interesting and then they moved on and ruined all the progress they were making. Now he's just another generic heel drifting aimlessly who is interchangable with all the other generic heels and all that time they put into him before was meaningless and if they wanna actually push him again they'd have to just start from scratch basically.

itsmeJD
09-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Sting comes in and faces the Undertaker at Wrestlemania to end the Streak! OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! :shifty:

Gertner
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
They aren't even capable of fitting more than like... 10 guys in a compelling storyline at once. And even that's a stretch sometimes. The writers are incompetent.

If they actually put forth the effort and tried, they could at least give most of the roster a role. As it stands a guy like Cody Rhodes gets a nice little upper-midcard push, he's always involved in something then they lose focus and repeat with someone else. Just horrible. That's why no one gets over. There's no focus.

And I'm not even a big Cody Rhodes fan. But they put so much effort in actually making him interesting and then they moved on and ruined all the progress they were making. Now he's just another generic heel drifting aimlessly who is interchangable with all the other generic heels and all that time they put into him before was meaningless and if they wanna actually push him again they'd have to just start from scratch basically.

You know what lol, for all the shit Vince Russo gets, at least he gave everybody on the WCW roster something to do. Not saying it was good, but at least it was something.

#1-wwf-fan
09-18-2012, 08:41 PM
He did. It wasn't stuff that was gonna get them over in the long term but it was a start. lol

KyleEmmott
09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I do think Hardy will be back. Both of them.

#1-wwf-fan
09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
They're not a big enough potential draw anymore to risk the potential issues.

KyleEmmott
09-18-2012, 09:28 PM
They're not a big enough potential draw anymore to risk the potential issues.
You don't think Jeff Hardy returning to the WWE wouldn't be huge? I think he would draw like crazy. WWE misses Jeff lol

AMAZON WARLORD
09-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Okay, someone point me to a recent match in TNA that shows that Jeff still "has it". Please.

AMAZON WARLORD
09-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Trying to watch this:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vn5IYrTErx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-wwf-fan
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
You don't think Jeff Hardy returning to the WWE wouldn't be huge? I think he would draw like crazy. WWE misses Jeff lol

He'd be coming back with two strikes... and would be bad for publicity considering his history. He'd draw to some extent. Not enough to deal with though.

I'm not saying he won't be back at any point. It will probably quite a while though.

MoFo
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Nobody named ITT is a big addition.

Curd
09-19-2012, 01:30 AM
If WWE cannot get Angle, then perhaps they would settle for Rulon Gardner. He was in talks with WWE after winning an Olympic gold medal in 2000, but WWE already had Angle to fill the role of Olympic gold medalist wrestler.

Gardner has declared bankruptcy and hence would have little bargaining power in a take-it-or-leave-it deal with WWE. However, bankrupt people have a reputation of having poor judgment, so WWE probably would not want to risk it on Gardner (though to be fair, Gardner claims he was scammed due to being naive, and not so much by living like Ric Flair or using drugs).
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/rulon-gardners-latest-setback-bankruptcy-17263197#.UFlKRq6zHRQ

James Steele
09-19-2012, 01:39 AM
I want to see James Storm and Robert Roode in the WWE. They have have ready-to-go gimmicks that transition well and they have all the tools you need to be big.

dronepool
09-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Devon.

Wishbone
09-19-2012, 04:31 AM

The fuck?!?!?! Gertner and I agree on something?!?!?!?!?! Well looks like the Myans were right after all....

Wishbone
09-19-2012, 04:35 AM
On the thread topic though I'd say Flair is a pretty good bet, Devon as an agent maybe, and Shelly IF that rumored cruiserweight show ever happens. Hardy on the other hand will probably never happen. Even if WWE magically decided he was worth the risk to hire I don't think he'd even want to come back at this point. Guy's got it pretty good in TNA right now. He's the top merchandise seller, probably top draw, and his work schedule is light (Not to mention TNA isn't as hard about the drugs).

Shadrick
09-19-2012, 05:52 AM

I don't think you understand what "draw" means.

CSL
09-19-2012, 10:13 AM
They are foolish to take Hardy back.

sssshhhhhhh

Keith
09-19-2012, 10:41 AM

He's pretty good. I wouldn't say he's great yet, but he's got a lot of potential.

He's got to stop calling ADR "Bertie" though, man.

Rammsteinmad
09-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Probably Seth Rollins and The Ascension.

I like Seth Rollins, but he reeks WAY TOO MUCH of "CM Punk #2 / Generic Indy Guy #53252". Hope once NXT becomes a bit more settled, he breaks out from the typical "I'm a face who likes to compete... and I listen to Metal" thing.

Curd
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Jeff would certainly draw pictures to show off to his fans in backstage vignettes, alright!

Rock Bottom
09-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Trying to watch this:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vn5IYrTErx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hardy in the same ring as Angle is a disgrace. If it has to be Hardy, send him to the WWE to end this. Let him job to John Cena and CM Punk for a while, but don't ever let him touch Kurt again, fuck.

Rock Bottom
09-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok, gotta give it to them. The Angle vignette about his son having "freaking make-up on his face" is gold.

Noid
09-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Seth Rollins reminds me a lot of Jeff Hardy, actually. I could see him getting massively over for being a weirdo and doing crazy shit without being able to talk to connect. He'll be up soon.

I can't wait to see Dean Ambrose debut, either. Apparently there are big plans for him, and given how good he is at having a personality, I think that when they find a role for him, it'll be pretty great.