PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to write an angle that Gertner would hate...

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Week One, Superstars:

Hunico is out with Camacho for a match against Trent Barreta. Out comes Trentylocks, who, for the first time in forever, has a microphone in his hand. Barreta cuts a promo saying that he was out with an injury and no one really noticed he was gone. He's only 25 years old, but he learned that his career can be over tomorrow, so he's going to seize the moment today.

Hunico just sneers and the two work a pretty solid match, as you'd expect from these two. Early on, the fight spills to the floor and Barreta hits a springboard Whisper in the Wind to both Hunico and Camacho on the floor. He then gets back in the ring, gets the crowd clapping along and hits a somersault con hilo over the top rope to Camacho, but Hunico has moved out of the way and nails the recovering Barreta to get control of the match.

Barreta makes the usual babyface comeback, but Camacho gets on the apron and gets knocked off. Barreta looks for the Dudebuster DDT, but Hunico counters into that modified Angle Slame-type finisher he sometimes uses and Hunico gets the pin.

A dejected Barreta gets on the microphone after the match and apologies to the WWE Universe. "My time is coming. I promise."

Week Two, Saturday Morning Slam:

The scheduled match is Trent Barreta vs. William Regal. There is a backstage interview with Regal where he talks about Barreta being out with an injury and Barreta holding him up to a wall when he said he didn't even notice he was gone. Regal says that he's going to be as cruel as he can to Trent tonight, to bring out that fire in him.

As Trent is making his usual babyface way to the ring, Regal attacks Trent from behind, does the usual British-style beat-down Regal is so good at, and then butterfly suplexes Barreta on the ramp. Regal gets Trent back into the ring and begins to control the match. Eventually, Trent makes a bit of a comeback, but when he goes for the Dudebuster DDT, Regal counters into an exploder suplex into the turnbuckle. The Regal Stretch is applied and Barreta taps out.

Week Three, Saturday Morning Slam:

Barreta has reportedly challenged Regal to a rematch tonight. This week Barreta cuts a promo where he blames Regal's cowardly attack for the loss. He'll get his win back tonight. Seize the day and all that. The match sees Barreta cut loose against Regal, and work a slightly different style. Barreta's just attacking Regal, and he beats him around the ringside area. There are no flips over the top rope, or any moonsault variants -- Barreta is just fighting Regal and has caught him completely by surprise.

Regal gets back into the ring and begs off, but Barreta shows him no mercy. Eventually, Regal does something super-heelish just to catch a break. Regal now goes after the arm of Barreta, and he manages to slowly torture Barreta, although he is still reeling from the domination earlier in the match. Barreta makes his usual comeback, and goes to the top rope, but Regal catches him and goes to butterfly superplex Barreta off, but he gets knocked down and hit with the Kick of Death from Barreta, but the arm of Trent is hurting too bad to capitalise on the situation. Regal gets control again, and this time looks for the Regal Stretch, and he gets it in, but Barreta fights to the ropes! Regal can't believe it. He goes to put the move on again, but Trent rolls up Regal for the three and wins the match.

Week Four, Saturday Morning Slam

A 2/3 Falls Match between Regal and Barreta (explained to the kids as an old-school way to settle a grudge). Regal and Barreta do their usual thing, but Regal throws the first fall pretty early when he kicks Barreta low, causing the DQ. Regal mounts offense, though, and locks in the Regal Stretch pretty early and Barreta is forced to tap out to save his energy for the third fall. This is where they really tell a story, with Barreta doing everything he can to put Regal down, and vice versa. In the end, Regal manages to lock in the Regal Stretch and Barreta has to tap out, with nowhere to go after all the punishment.

Week Five, Saturday Morning Slam

Regal calls Trent Barreta out to the ring, where he says that he wants to talk about how good this kid really is. Trent comes out, and says that he doesn't want any sympathy from Regal. The former King of the Ring says this is not about that, but about how Barreta is someday going to be a star and Regal would like to mentor him, since Barreta has earned his respect. Trent says that he doesn't trust Regal, before The Miz's theme music hits and the Intercontinental Champion crashes the party.

The Miz cuts a promo about how Regal is a dinosaur and Barreta belongs on NXT, and together the two have been sinking the ratings, which he is here to save by making this show a whole lot less boring. The Miz says that Regal nor Barreta will ever be a champion (again, in Regal's case), so this is a waste of time. Barreta attacks The Miz, and tosses him into a Regal Knee Trembler. Barreta then puts The Miz in his own version of a Regal Stretch, and The Miz taps out! Barreta and Regal go to the back, and Barreta seems to be giving Regal's offer some thought.

Week Six, SmackDown

Trent Barreta comes out with William Regal by his side, as Josh Mathews explains what has been happening on Saturday Morning Slam between the two. Apparently Barreta has accepted Regal's offer...for now. Michael Cole says that at least Regal got Barreta an opportunity to appear on SmackDown, which Barreta has not done for a while.

Barreta's opponent is some local weed. One of the Ryback victim types. Barreta looks disappointed, and Regal assures him that this is how he needs to start off on SmackDown. Regal joins the commentary team and talks up this weed's ability. He's a martial arts champion, or something like that, and Barreta needs to toughen up and know how to pick on someone smaller than him because he's always the smaller man in the ring. Regal reasons that he needs to be the bigger man to know what his opponent feels. Barreta squashes the kid, and perhaps finishes him with the Gobstopper. Regal raises Barreta's arm like he just won the World Championship.

This is the core of the storyline here -- Barreta and Regal develop a student/mentor relationship in which Regal, genuinely fond of Barreta, starts him at the bottom, with Barreta being the impatient young grasshopper that needs to climb the rankings quickly, in his mind. The goal for Barreta is the Intercontinental Championship. "I made him tap out!" "Not in a match, you git! You're not ready!"

Eventually The Miz tries to provoke Barreta, but Regal refuses to sign off on it. Regal tells The Miz that if he wants a fight so badly, fight him. The Miz accepts, and Regal manages to goad The Miz into putting the IC Title on the line, since Regal will "never be a champion again." The Miz agrees to that, too, eventually. The Miz manages to get Regal with the Skull-Crushing Finale during their match, but then pauses before winning, and decides that he's going to send a message to Trent Barreta. He beats Regal to a pulp and hits him with a few more Skull-Crushing Finales. Barreta runs down for the save, but Regal needs some attention from doctors.

There's an Intercontinental Title match all set-up for you.

Swiss Ultimate
09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Would Gertner hate this?

Ruien
09-24-2012, 11:38 AM
I miss these Noid threads/posts :(.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I like the angle but why have it on Saturday morning slam? It's not that kind of show, just do it on superstars.

Not sure if Gertner would hate this either to be honest.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Do you do requests Noid?

Do an angle with the 4 Horseman that was suggested by WWE.com!

Corporate CockSnogger
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
I didn't read through all of that but noticed it was predominantly on Saturday Morning Slam, so I don't think Gertner would be against this at all. Gertner doesn't hate all vanilla midgets, he just doesn't want them to be the heavyweight champion, and rightly so.

Gertner
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
I like Trent Baretta, so congrats on wasting an hour

James Steele
09-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Noid, don't feed the trolls.

Gertner
09-24-2012, 12:32 PM
HHH is the most over-rated wrestler in history

MoFo
09-24-2012, 01:09 PM

*Bret Hart

Gertner
09-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Bret Hart is just plain boring garbage.

James Steele
09-24-2012, 02:17 PM

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/104464.1020.A.jpg

Schlomey
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
great film

#1-norm-fan
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I skipped to the last part and read The Miz, Regal and Trent Barreta and thought "Why would Gertner hate this?"

#1-norm-fan
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Also, lol @ Saturday Morning Slam.

Shisen Kopf
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I won't stand for this crap talking about Bret Hitman Clarke. He's one of the best ever.

Swiss Ultimate
09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Joe Pesci wins the Cruiserweight Title.

#1-norm-fan
09-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Danny Glover re-forms the Nation of Domination.

Autobahn
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
With Rodney Mack

Curd
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
My only question is: Does Trent come out to Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer?"

My Final Heaven
09-25-2012, 01:40 AM
HOW DOES JOE PESCI'S CIGAR HAVE EMBERS ON THE TIP WHEN HE'S UNDERWATER

THERE'S NO ORDER TO THE UNIVERSE ANYMORE

Swiss Ultimate
09-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Look at the bubbles its producing too.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2012, 03:58 AM
I actually just used Gertner's name to get attention for the thread. The only person who truly hates my ideas is Kane Knight, but he's not a draw any more. :o

I just wanted to do an angle for Trent Barreta.

Gertner
09-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm banning Noid from the forums for aggrivation

Fignuts
09-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah but he's trying to aggravate Kane Knight.

Where's the harm in that.

Gertner
09-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Then why does it say " I just wanted to create an angle that Gertner would hate" hmmm?

WHY DOES IT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corporate CockSnogger
09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Because Gertner = ratings. Kane Knight =/= ratings.

Gertner
09-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I definitely outdraw CM Punk from the looks of last weeks RAW ratings.

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Because Gertner = ratings. Kane Knight =/= ratings.

This. I'm only making business decisions here.

Kane Knight
09-29-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah but he's trying to aggravate Kane Knight.

Where's the harm in that.

He might want to try harder.

Only really in this thread to watch Gertner own you fat virgin smarks.

Kane Knight
09-29-2012, 01:47 AM
I definitely outdraw CM Punk from the looks of last weeks RAW ratings.

This just in: Gertner outpops DX.

Mr. Nerfect
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
He might want to try harder.

Only really in this thread to watch Gertner own you fat virgin smarks.

Now you're trying to steal his gimmick. :nono: