PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Anyone else think that Ryback is in cahoots with CM Punk/Heyman?

Heyman
10-04-2012, 01:57 PM
QUESTION - Anyone else think that Ryback is in cahoots with CM Punk/Heyman?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Ryback could make the surprise attack/turn on Cena during the next Punk/Cena match.

This could then lead to a Cena/Ryback feud while CM Punk then focuses on The Rock.

At Wrestlemania, Ryback could face Goldberg for a one-time only match?

Wrestlemania:

-CM Punk vs. Steve Austin
-The Rock vs. John Cena
-Ryback vs. Goldberg
-Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

Speaking of Austin - if he's healthy enough, I'd have him be a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble and have him win it.

Austin's explanation could be that he wanted a shot at either Punk or a rematch against The Rock and that by winning the Rumble, he'd be guaranteed to face one of them.

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I think there's way too much potential with Ryback as a mega face to turn him right now. Maybe down the road at some point but as of now it would kinda just be a waste.

Joesgonnakillyou
10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
If we have a card featuring Steve Austin AND Goldberg, we might as well put Macho Man vs CM Punk.

Cuse8
10-04-2012, 02:36 PM
i like the potential of ryback turning heel. however no shot of austin or goldberg being at WM this year

Hanso Amore
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I think this would be the best idea in a long time.

Ryback ends up as a the muscle for Heyman and Punk. Destroys Cena. Gets over as a major heel monster.

Until at the Royal Rumble, when Ryback is clearing the ring. Making Kane look silly, he clears like 15 guys.

DONG

BOOM. Set him up for Taker at Mania.

Hanso Amore
10-04-2012, 02:54 PM
No on can stop Ryback until the Taker shows up.

Then you just made Ryback a star. Cena and Taker in less than 6 months of each other.

Hanso Amore
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I think there's way too much potential with Ryback as a mega face to turn him right now. Maybe down the road at some point but as of now it would kinda just be a waste.

LOL

Mega Face.

Most of his fans mockingly call him Goldberg.

He could be the number two heel in the company. Hes never truly going to work as a face in todays WWE. But smashing through Faces works better than Squashing Heels

Big Vic
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Brock Lesnar should Interfere at HIAC and Ryback comes out for the save, Ryback/Lesnar at Royal Rumble

Big Vic
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Although Lesnar shouldn't job to Ryback yet.

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2012, 03:14 PM
LOL

Mega Face.

He could be the number two heel in the company. Hes never truly going to work as a face in todays WWE. But smashing through Faces works better than Squashing Heels

Yes, ignore the fans chanting him catchphrase and go with the chants comparing him to someone else as a "we hate you". That helps your theory. :roll: Love the fact that you said "his fans" by the way. Have the fans even chanted Goldberg in a while now? Seems like him getting involved in something outside jobber squashing has kinda made those chants die down already. I do hear a shitload of "Feed me more" though. Crazy to think that a guy who the fans are behind and has the prototypical superstar look is a mega face in waiting.

But no, let's turn him heel while he's getting good reactions as a face and make him monster heel #321.

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
By the way, I'm stashing that "He's never truly going to work as a face in today's WWE" quote for my "People being wrong" sig.

Lock Jaw
10-04-2012, 03:22 PM
That idea could actually be the best thing for Ryback right now. I would like to see it happen.

Shadrick
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
LOL

Mega Face.

shhhh, fan loves Ryback. He even suggested putting the belt on him at HIAC.

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I said if they do the match, they should put the belt on him as opposed to having him lose.

Ultimately I'd prefer they didn't put themselves in the situation to have one or the other have to happen.

Joesgonnakillyou
10-04-2012, 04:01 PM
We've got enough Heels, WWE needs faces.

Lock Jaw
10-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Which is why you make Ryback a heel and align with Heyman/Punk.... only for eventually him to do the Batista Face Turn against Punk/Heyman/(Lesnar?) and become an even bigger Face than would be possible if he continued on his current course.

Ultra Mantis
10-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Turn everybody in the whole company heel then have a huge battle royale where the Ryback wins, becoming the top babyface and being propelled to superstardom the likes of which have never been seen before.

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Which is why you make Ryback a heel and align with Heyman/Punk.... only for eventually him to do the Batista Face Turn against Punk/Heyman/(Lesnar?) and become an even bigger Face than would be possible if he continued on his current course.

What if it doesn't work like that though? He's getting reactions now as a face. You want him to turn heel so he can turn face again? He's fine now. Why waste THIS opportunity that has started out promising for something else when the end point is for him to be a face anyway?

Joesgonnakillyou
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm not convinced by the argument 'turn him heel to make him a bigger face' either. He's got some definate momentum at minute, let him ride it

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Seriously. The man was standing in the ring with CM Punk and the entire crowd was chanting his catchphrase. There's no reason to fuck it up on purpose.

Savio
10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Thats the WWEs job though

Majunior
10-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Am I the only person who is bored to death by Ryback? He has yet to impress me.

Then again, I hated Goldberg too.

Droford
10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Kind of like my punk/taker wm match..500+ day title reign..what better way to earn respect than to bat taker at wm...

Emperor Smeat
10-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Too early to switch him and the WWE should be more concerned with developing more top faces as a way to ease up on forcing to rely only on Cena all the time.

Instead of a heel turn, Heyman keeps trying to tempt him to join their side until Lesnar returns which by that point Punk nor Heyman feel threatened by Ryback anymore. Depending on what Lesnar does, you either tease Lesnar vs Ryback (Lesnar stays) or Punk vs Ryback (Lesnar splits with Heyman since he doesn't care about Punk).

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Lesnar vs Ryback at WrestleMania could be tremendous.

XCaliber
10-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I'd thought of this but after some consideration if Ryback joined Punk I think his whole heel turn would end up backfiring if he continues him program with Cena the fans would still cheer him.

Fignuts
10-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Austin can't physically compete at wrestlemania, let alone the rumble.

Ryback turning heel would be a bad business decision.

Gertner
10-05-2012, 02:18 PM
No. This is the closest the company has had a to breakthrough "face" wrestler in years. He's over a hell and would be just another monster heel.

DAMN iNATOR
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
How is this even a serious question?!

Gertner
10-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Am I the only person who is bored to death by Ryback? He has yet to impress me.

Then again, I hated Goldberg too.

How's your mom's basement

Nicky Fives
10-05-2012, 03:18 PM
The Austin angle is VERY intriguing, too bad it'll never happen.....

DAMN iNATOR
10-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Exactly...was kinda disappointed when “J.R. Appreciation Night” devolved into just another bitch-fest for Punk. I think even if they couldn’t’ve had him show up to the arena, they could've had SCSA do a via satellite (or “via satellite”; i.e. pre-taped) interruption to provide some sort of comic interaction between the three and tension between himself and Punk.

Ruien
10-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Mason Ryan will make the save for Punk and Ryan will be the new monster heel for the month.

Mr. Nerfect
10-06-2012, 07:50 AM
What if it doesn't work like that though? He's getting reactions now as a face. You want him to turn heel so he can turn face again? He's fine now. Why waste THIS opportunity that has started out promising for something else when the end point is for him to be a face anyway?

The Rock was getting face reactions, but reaffirming his heel status made him a bigger star in the long run. I'm not saying they should do this with Ryback, but turning a guy at a critical point can have a major impact (positive or negative) on his career.

That being said -- I haven't been Ryback's biggest supporter. I think Skip Sheffield is fine as muscle, and he's got intensity down-pat. I am just bored by the character and don't put much faith in him as a long-term draw for the company. That being said -- if John Cena is out temporarily, I think Ryback challenging CM Punk is a pretty good stop-gag measure, and I think Ryback holding the fort might not necessarily be a bad idea. I'm actually in the "put the title on Ryback if they do face each other" boat. It's no longer strange to give a guy a title so early into his career, and when you think about it -- Ryback has pretty much had an eight year relationship with the WWE, anyway.

The idea of having Ryback align himself with CM Punk and Paul Heyman does not upset me, though. In fact, I'd find it really compelling. Heyman talking for Lesnar helped make him a major star. Having Ryback as a heel alongside Punk would also be reminiscent of the Triple H/Batista relationship in Evolution. Everyone wanted to see Batista kick Triple H's ass, but they waited until the right moment to do it.

After watching RAW this week, I thought it might be cool to have AJ give CM Punk the option in the opening segment of choosing his Hell in a Cell opponent by the end of the night. His options are John Cena or Ryback. The night goes on, and they show Heyman and Punk talking throughout the night. Eventually, Punk comes out, spins his heel magic, and essentially backs down his "there's a lockerroom of fresh talent wanting shots" line, and gives it to the injured Cena. There's the usual trash-talk of "I'm going to hurt you, Cena," and all that jazz. At the PPV, Ryback comes out and it looks like he's about to target Punk, but he goes after Cena, and absolutely destroys him, allowing Punk to get the pin and retain the title.

Survivor Series is the next PPV, so at that one, you have Punk, Lesnar & Ryback aligned to take on the super-babyface team of John Cena, Triple H and friends, where Ryback continues to look like a beast.

You'd have babyface legends continuously trying to get into Ryback's ear about how they know he can take Punk if they ever fought, with Heyman playing gate-keeper there.

I actually think that long-term, it would make Ryback more viable as a main event presence. When Ryback does put his hands on Punk and/or Heyman, it would mean so much more than now.

Mr. Nerfect
10-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Mason Ryan will make the save for Punk and Ryan will be the new monster heel for the month.

Would actually totally make sense given the history between Punk and Ryan. Wasn't the kayfabe line that Punk brought Ryan into the WWE? Punk and Heyman reforming Nexus to protect his WWE Championship would make complete sense.

Heyman
10-06-2012, 03:39 PM
FYI people:

I'm not necessarily saying that Ryback aligning with Heyman/Punk is a good idea (although I don't think it's too bad an idea).

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised.

Ryback's character suggests that he immediately engages in aggression upon seeing an opponent (I.e. during Miz's talk show, he came to the ring and immediately started destroying the set, etc.).

With Punk however, he didn't really do that.

Just seemed a bit atypical.

RiX1024
10-06-2012, 05:22 PM
At this moment it's a bad idea to turn Ryback heel, he's well over with the crowd, give him a year or so til his feed me more thing runs its course.

Mr. Nerfect
10-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I think Ryback hesitating is simply to build the tension for the eventual Punk/Ryback contact, more than anything. I'm totally for a Ryback heel turn, though.