PDA

View Full Version : WWE.com now list Tensai as a failure in his own bio

slik
10-09-2012, 05:38 PM
His bio on WWE.com now reads

"Over the following months, Tensai quickly went from intimidating behemoth to overhyped disappointment".

Guess that experiment is hopefully done for.

Pintint
10-09-2012, 05:55 PM
What do you have against Tensai?
I think he's a great wrestler, albeit saddled with an underwhelming gimmick, but he has always been entertaining in the ring.

I hope WWE repackages him back as A-Train.

Juan
10-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I think "great wrestler" might be a stretch.

Kane Knight
10-09-2012, 06:34 PM
What do you have against Tensai?
I think he's a great wrestler, albeit saddled with an underwhelming gimmick, but he has always been entertaining in the ring.

I hope WWE repackages him back as A-Train.

He can renounce his former gimmick and turn heel for some reason.

Rammsteinmad
10-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why they even signed him again and expected something out of it.

Nicky Fives
10-09-2012, 07:10 PM
If anyone in WWE needs to be repackaged, it Tensai & Swagger..... Tensai especially..... just bring back A-Train.....

slik
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why they even signed him again and expected something out of it.

Pretty much this.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
The guys useless without Test.

dronepool
10-09-2012, 09:07 PM
He should be repackaged as A-Train and get him to feud for the IC belt.

The Condor
10-09-2012, 09:18 PM
People would eat up an A-Train revival, they're basically calling for it. Just further proof that the dubdubE is deaf to it's consumers.

weather vane
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
He should be in a tag team. If they want to rejuvenate the division then take him and a few other guys off TV and come up with some creative tag teams. Get the two guys who are off TV to spend a lot of time with the other guys training or even working FCW or something. Come up with a great name, look, chrmistry, etc...

weather vane
10-09-2012, 09:32 PM
You cant just throw two random guys together and expect people to buy it out of nowhere with the same name and gimmick they have had forever.

dronepool
10-09-2012, 09:40 PM
A-Train and Brodus Clay. Team Funky Train. :shifty::wtf:

Emperor Smeat
10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Had a feeling it was only a matter of time once they started to drop his whole "Lord" tag and story in Japan to become just another generic big man type heel.

Even him beating up Sakamoto had actual meaning as part of the culture in Japan but even that got ignored into the announcers always questioning why Sakamoto kept getting beatings.

Shisen Kopf
10-09-2012, 11:57 PM
The should release him. Jap Albert is terrible just like all his other failed gimmicks. The dude sucks.

screech
10-10-2012, 12:17 AM
The guys useless without Test.

Tom Guycott
10-10-2012, 04:36 AM

Because HOSS = RATINGS!

Even after *magically* knowing what's on Punk's DVD (without ever seeing it... because there is no way I could have seen it already, mind you) it is overwhelming to me that they possibly could produce such a doc that underlines this very perception problem, and then still fall on the sword of continuing to try and push someone MERELY because they're large framed anyway.

Albert isn't a bad hand. Just stupid gimmick. It's not like he's Chris Masters.

Joesgonnakillyou
10-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Can we stop saying "Tensai experiment"? It's not an experiment, it never was.

I feel sorry for him, he was saddled with an out of date gimmick (that clearly came out of Vince's out of touch mind) and it didn't work. Nothing wrong with him as a wrestler

Evil Vito
10-10-2012, 07:15 AM
<font color=goldenrod>It does not say that on his profile. If it was there, they've since taken it down.</font>

PorkSoda
10-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Brock Lesnar F-5'ed A-Train so hard he now thinks he's Japanese.

slik
10-10-2012, 07:37 AM
<font color=goldenrod>It does not say that on his profile. If it was there, they've since taken it down.</font>

Just double-checked. Since the dirt sheets reported it WWE appears to have changed the wording on their website, which is smart on their part...and probably bad news for whomever worded the bio that way to begin with.

WinterDecay
10-10-2012, 11:07 AM
They brought back a guy no one was looking for and can not figure out why no one wants to see him ....

Next WWE is bring back .. El Gigante

Innovator
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Tensai only pawn in game of life.

Rock Bottom
10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
to all tensai haters plz shut the fuck up about it if dlo brown and albert feuded over the european title next week on raw youd mark out gonna put your sorerry ass on the street bring it on what ya gona do about it?

Pintint
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
to all tensai haters plz shut the fuck up about it if dlo brown and albert feuded over the european title next week on raw youd mark out gonna put your sorerry ass on the street bring it on what ya gona do about it?

Yo

Yo dealin with the X-Factor

I got everything I ever wanted

and I'm never giving back

I know you hate X-Factor...

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Tensai only pawn in game of life.

RIP Mongo*

*Not Steve McMichael.

XL
10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
They brought back a guy no one was looking for and can not figure out why no one wants to see him ....

Next WWE is bring back .. El Gigante

Not cool, bro. Not cool.

Kane Knight
10-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Just double-checked. Since the dirt sheets reported it WWE appears to have changed the wording on their website, which is smart on their part...and probably bad news for whomever worded the bio that way to begin with.

Or you're reporting tabloid crap.

Volare
10-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Yo

Yo dealin with the X-Factor

I got everything I ever wanted

and I'm never giving back

I know you hate X-Factor...

I guess I'm one of the few who liked this theme.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lW91vTwFvRQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slik
10-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Or you're reporting tabloid crap.

Or I'm posting things from popular news sites.

Juan
10-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Don't even brother, slik.

Kane Knight
10-11-2012, 02:09 AM
Or I'm posting things from popular news sites.

While WWE.com itself is a popular site, that's probably the first time it didn't fall into "tabloid," and even then a quick google search doesn't reveal much in the way of "popular" sites covering it.

I dunno, maybe it's "big news," but I'm sticking with tabloid bullshit, given the odds.

BigCrippyZ
10-11-2012, 02:56 AM
All this thread has accomplished is made me realize I miss Test. Always thought he was under utilized and under appreciated for his talent as a big man.

Curd
10-11-2012, 05:03 AM
In a nod to Stephanie's role in creative, Tensai tangles with the Billion Dollar Princess in a rematch of their February 2003 encounter (when Vince was softening up Steph for their No Way Out 2003 match). Tensai dominates until HHH returns to a mammoth pop, brains Tensai with the sledgehammer, and puts Stephanie on top for the three count as Sakamoto cowers ringside, unwilling to interfere. :lol:

Post match, Sakamoto teabags Tensai! Trips grabs the microphone and reveals Sakamoto is the new Executive Vice President of Talent Relations! Sakamoto, Trips, and Steph walk to the back as Tensai stirs. :|

The following RAW, Tensai quits WWE in shame via Tout to return to AJPW. :wave:

slik
10-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Don't even bother, slik.

You are so on the money on that.

Kane Knight is a lost cause.

Shisen Kopf
10-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Slik is mad & sad Billy and Chuck ain't around no more.

Ultra Mantis
10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
They should have stuck with it. Overhyped Disappointment t-shirts would have flown off the shelves.

The Fugitive
10-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Something, something, needs to snap, something, bad-ass submission machine.

In all seriousness, like the guy, but I don't know how you'll salvage him at this point aside from dropping Tensai completely. Don't feel it's doing him any favors.

Kane Knight
10-11-2012, 10:28 AM
You are so on the money on that.

Kane Knight is a lost cause.

Yeah, how dare I not believe a guy who has admitted to trolling for his personal amusement?

"Lost cause" means "not troll bait," seth?

Mr. Nerfect
10-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Tensai should have never been brought back in an attempt to make him an instant main eventer, anyway. Gertner is correct when he sums up Tensai's potential to the WWE roster -- he's a great big mid-carder that someone can beat and look credible.

The reason no one cares about him is because his gimmick is pretty cheesy and no one really knows what it is about. Let him cut a promo in English to explain his motivations. Why did he go to Japan? Why is he back? His ring work is fine, especially since they've stopped trying to get him over with ridiculous finishers and "slow, methodical" pacing.

Shisen Kopf
10-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Yeah, how dare I not believe a guy who has admitted to trolling for his personal amusement?

"Lost cause" means "not troll bait," seth?

Slik is Beth82? What a shocking development!

Anybody Thrilla
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Something, something, needs to snap, something, bad-ass submission machine.

In all seriousness, like the guy, but I don't know how you'll salvage him at this point aside from dropping Tensai completely. Don't feel it's doing him any favors.

Speaking of dropping Tensai completely, do you think he sandbagged Ryback?

The Fugitive
10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZmXdfg2Xl1o" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Doesn't look like Tensai's doing him any favours.

Anybody Thrilla
10-12-2012, 02:11 PM
It would make sense for him to be jealous, considering their pushes were essentially mirroring each other from the outset, and now Tensai is jobbing to Tyson Kidd whilst Ryback is in WWE title contention.

drave
10-12-2012, 06:48 PM
It would make sense for him to be jealous, considering their pushes were essentially mirroring each other from the outset, and now Tensai is jobbing to Tyson Kidd whilst Ryback is in WWE title contention.

I think he sandbagged him. Most of the time you can see talent give a slight "hop" for any slam moves. Albert just fuckin stood there, probably setting his weight down and resisting. He DID march around the ring with Primo and Epico on his back... and they are what... 215-225 a piece? That would be more weight than Lord Ten-Bert and more awkward.

And Tyson Kidd needs more exposure, maybe be put in a program with Miz. That could be one helluva match-up.

drave
10-12-2012, 06:50 PM
And the way RYBACK yells "STUPID" and stiffs him with the lariat..... he seemed slightly pissed.

Mr. Nerfect
10-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe it was planned that Ryback was to dead-lift Tensai, and for him to not jump into the move, and Ryback just couldn't get him up that one time? Matt Bloom is a professional, who has worked with his boss' daughter, The Undertaker and essentially all the current main eventers on the WWE roster after being back only a few months. He's also getting another shot in the WWE close to 40 years of age out because there are enough people in the company that thinks he deserves it.

Botches happen. Ryback and/or Tensai had a shitty night. It doesn't need to be a massive conspiracy of legitimate backstage tension.

drave
10-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Shut up and let us have our fun and start rumors and stuff, k? :D

Tom Guycott
10-13-2012, 02:53 AM

Joey Styles botches again! :shifty:

Before anyone hates on me withouth thinking, that was in reference to the initial Alberto Of The River bio, which included something to the effect of "Is that what you were looking for to make him look like a big deal right away?" that was subsequently removed. Seemed it was supposed to be an inter-office memo that was copypasta'd directly onto the site without removing the "extra" part from the end.

Anybody Thrilla
10-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Maybe it was planned that Ryback was to dead-lift Tensai, and for him to not jump into the move, and Ryback just couldn't get him up that one time? Matt Bloom is a professional, who has worked with his boss' daughter, The Undertaker and essentially all the current main eventers on the WWE roster after being back only a few months. He's also getting another shot in the WWE close to 40 years of age out because there are enough people in the company that thinks he deserves it.

Botches happen. Ryback and/or Tensai had a shitty night. It doesn't need to be a massive conspiracy of legitimate backstage tension.

Let's leave our crush on Tensai aside here for a second. It would make perfect sense. It's the wrestling business, after all. You really don't think there's a possibility that someone could have an ego?

Mr. Nerfect
10-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Of course people have egos, but when you understand your place in the company, as I'm sure Tensai does (make other dudes look good), you do your job and you do your job properly to keep your value to the company up. Making Ryback look dumb on national television is not something that makes Tensai look worth having on your main roster.

Maluco
10-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Read somewhere a theory that Vince might have planned the mishap as a way of "testing" how Ryback reacted when things didn't go smoothly, due to his push coming so quickly, wanting to see if he is "ready".

Can't see it to be honest, but it came back into my head readng this thread about how long Bloom has known the McMahons, how trusted he is, etc....I guess it wouldn't surprise me..