PDA

View Full Version : The Band

Gertner
10-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Is the greatest thing in the history of professional wrestling.

That is all.

Nicky Fives
10-13-2012, 09:28 AM
I enjoy Slater & McIntyre, but couldn't give two shits about Mahal, even if he is Canadian..... glad to see they are getting used though..... I may get my "Freebird style" tag team after all.....

Tommy Gunn
10-13-2012, 09:30 AM
I want to see them attempt a beatdown on a main eventer and get completely destroyed.

Gertner
10-13-2012, 09:38 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-70c1wqFfR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is so bad that it's wonderful lol

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Way better than that other "The Band" wrestling stable.

James Steele
10-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Thank God, I thought you were talking about TNA's "The Band" stable.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLQpjWt_GQM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLQpjWt_GQM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

James Steele
10-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Way better than that other "The Band" wrestling stable.

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

Steveviscious89
10-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Sure sure......say that Aries' title run is a copy of CM Punk....but when WWE wants to use a stable name from another company, well that's just fine. Typical......

WinterDecay
10-13-2012, 10:48 AM
I have not watched in a while but ... what the hell happened to Drew McIntyre?
Wasn't he the unofficial Anointed One by HHH and Undertaker and was going to be the next big thing.

Now he is the 2nd banana in this ...
Seems he has "billy gunn"ed his opportunity.

DAMN iNATOR
10-13-2012, 10:57 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EBlKoFyGhFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAMN iNATOR
10-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I have not watched in a while but ... what the hell happened to Drew McIntyre?
Wasn't he the unofficial Anointed One by HHH and Undertaker and was going to be the next big thing.

Now he is the 2nd banana in this ...
Seems he has "billy gunn"ed his opportunity.

No, he was the Chosen One of Vince McMahon. Please get it right. :nono::n::n:

Corporate CockSnogger
10-13-2012, 11:19 AM
lolll them all playing air guitar is just so dumb that it works for them. Drew at least doesn't look too weird with Slater but Mahal just looks so out of place, but I think that adds to it.

KIRA
10-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Agreed Mahal needs to grow his hair and get with the program

but if someone said Heath Slater was gonna lead a stable 2 yrs ago I'd still have been laughing up to the point that he formed this one.

CSL
10-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Sure sure......say that Aries' title run is a copy of CM Punk....but when WWE wants to use a stable name from another company, well that's just fine. Typical......

lol kid art thou serious

CSL
10-13-2012, 11:50 AM
but yah, this is so ridiculous it's great

The Condor
10-13-2012, 12:22 PM
So stoked every time they show up. It's pure entertainment, and it doesn't hurt that they can get it done in the ring whenever they do use them. Absolutely enjoying it now.

#1-norm-fan
10-13-2012, 12:32 PM

I agree. It's really bad.

#1-norm-fan
10-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I'd prefer the gimmick with people who come off more like wannabe rock band type douchebags. And a leader who doesn't sound like a retard with a mouth full of cock every time he speaks.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-13-2012, 12:35 PM
As long as they continue to cram as many music related puns into their promos as possible, I'm for it.

#1-norm-fan
10-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Seriously thought they were already teasing tension when Slater grabbed the mic from Mahal and Mahal looked at him like that. lol

Heath Slater has no business ever grabbing a mic from anyone ever.

KIRA
10-13-2012, 12:40 PM
I'd prefer the gimmick with people who come off more like wannabe rock band type douchebags. And a leader who doesn't sound like a retard with a mouth full of cock every time he speaks.''d

I'm guessing you loved 3 count(more boy-band than anything) but hopefully if they re around long enough they will incorporate the look of a band into their name I'd love that.

#1-norm-fan
10-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Also

"I'm just one maaaaaaan"

*Three men come out*

Gertner
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Seriously thought they were already teasing tension when Slater grabbed the mic from Mahal and Mahal looked at him like that. lol

Heath Slater has no business ever grabbing a mic from anyone ever.

Heath Slater should be on commentary

#1-norm-fan
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
''d

I'm guessing you loved 3 count(more boy-band than anything) but hopefully if they re around long enough they will incorporate the look of a band into their name I'd love that.

I've never thought too much about my feelings toward 3 Count.

I guess they were aight.

Gertner
10-13-2012, 01:02 PM
3 Count set the standard for musical greatness in wrestling

#1-norm-fan
10-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Heath Slater should be on commentary

I would love to hear that one time for all the wrong reasons.

Gertner
10-13-2012, 01:14 PM
lol i watched smackdown at around 1am half asleep and when this came on I was laughing so hard I was crying.

He's so friggen awesome but he makes me want to punch my T.V

drave
10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
lol i watched smackdown at around 1am half asleep and when this came on I was laughing so hard I was crying.

He's so friggen awesome but he makes me want to punch my T.V

And that is the only reason they should be on TV, so people tune in to see how horribad it is.

McIntyre deserves better, but unintended comedic value has it's place I spose.

Heath Slater makes me wanna punch babies.

Pintint
10-13-2012, 02:00 PM
I love it, get some guys not doing much and put them in a stable, its good booking.
Still wish Drew had a serious single push, :heart: that guy soooo much

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-13-2012, 02:15 PM

None of the TNA band is even in TNA anymore. Who cares? Austin Aries title run is a blatant ripoff of Punks.

The band is not a copywritable name it's too common.

Rammsteinmad
10-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I was kinda hoping for McIntyre to turn face and get a push with that. He was getting some nice reactions from the fans on NXT and Superstars, and even worked as a face a couple of times.

Overall this seems so out of character for Mahal and McIntyre, that I don't like it. But then, because it's so out of character and awful, I can't help but at least enjoy the goofiness of it all.

Rammsteinmad
10-13-2012, 02:16 PM

I think you need to give WWE a chance here before rushing off and making statements like that.

Pintint
10-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I was kinda hoping for McIntyre to turn face and get a push with that. He was getting some nice reactions from the fans on NXT and Superstars, and even worked as a face a couple of times.

Overall this seems so out of character for Mahal and McIntyre, that I don't like it. But then, because it's so out of character and awful, I can't help but at least enjoy the goofiness of it all.

I think Mahal fits in fine actually. Drew does too, its just that I :heart: him so much that I want him to get a big singles push, but at least he's on TV now...

Heisenberg
10-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I guess Turban Mahal is the bassist. Definitely the scape goat for someone else to come in and complete the faction.

drave
10-13-2012, 03:09 PM
I guess Turban Mahal is the bassist. Definitely the scape goat for someone else to come in and complete the faction.

LMAO!!! That is funny for multiple reasons. I think from this point on he should be referred to as "Turban the Bassist".

Steveviscious89
10-13-2012, 03:40 PM
None of the TNA band is even in TNA anymore. Who cares? Austin Aries title run is a blatant ripoff of Punks.

I don't care what they call it. My problem is with the usual double standards that this forum can't seem to grow out of.

Anybody Thrilla
10-13-2012, 03:47 PM
What double standards? Different people posted different opinions. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, Stevevisicious89, but there are numerous wrestling-related forums on the internet that are easily accessible if you don't like this one.

CSL
10-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't care what they call it. My problem is with the usual double standards that this forum can't seem to grow out of.

you're entirely missing the point. Like, by light years.

CSL
WWE is copying TNA because they are a pro wrestling show

CSL
oh shit, they use ropes too

Anybody Thrilla
10-13-2012, 04:03 PM
The ring wasn't always four-sided, you know.

CSL
10-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Dixie Carter should probably just sue at this point

drave
10-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Lets not forget talent that has flip/flopped, they should all be sued and are all traitors with no loyalty kkthxbai :foc:

Ultra Mantis
10-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Drew and Mahal look so awkward there. It's like when Curt Hawkins came out for that stripper gimmick and was all :( while copying Rex's dance routine in his tiny pants.

ClockShot
10-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Totally called this tag team name in the Raw thread a few weeks back.

They should dress up as the Blues Brothers and just say that line.

Mr. Nerfect
10-13-2012, 06:11 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-70c1wqFfR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tremendous. I like that all three guys are so different. It makes their alignment awkward, but that's part of the glory. When they break-up, I expect that Drew McIntyre could get a nice serious face push out of it, and Mahal and Slater can go back to doing whatever they want.

Slater has really upped his game to make this thing work as well as he can, too. The guy is far better than what people give him credit for. He's a dude that can do corkscrew pescados and moonsaults, but he doesn't, because he understands that movements need to have purpose. He was on the ball during that match.

I'm hoping that we get Slater, Mahal & McIntyre beating down Team Hell No after they retain the WWE Tag Team Championship at Hell in a Cell. I don't see a combination of Heath Slater and The Chosen Ones beating them for the titles, but they would make great stop-gap challengers.

BizarroKing
10-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Whatever happened to Trent Baretta? he'd be perfect for this instead of Mahal.

Lock Jaw
10-14-2012, 03:41 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbsxwpcTcR1rvjjfeo1_250.gif http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Slater_Time.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbsxwpcTcR1rvjjfeo1_250.gif

Heyman
10-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I think The Band is great. Slater's confidence on the mic is getting even better, and I'm glad that Mahal and McIntyre are getting more air time.

Pintint
10-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I think "The Band" can use some fans/groupies. Give the jobbers something to do. Well, the other jobbers...

Pintint
10-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Also they need a chick...who's a divas thats not doing anything?

CSL
10-14-2012, 02:44 PM
all of them?

Pintint
10-14-2012, 02:58 PM
all of them?

Good idea, ALL the diva's need to follow The Band around trying to get some attention from sexy, sexy, Drew McIntyre.

CSL
10-14-2012, 03:01 PM
"The Pied Piper of Bitches" as a prefix does have a certain ring to it

Poit
10-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Whatever happened to Trent Baretta? he'd be perfect for this instead of Mahal.

In believe you mean "Where's Trent?"

KyleEmmott
10-14-2012, 05:43 PM
It's called "Encore" not " The Band".......

Theo Dious
10-15-2012, 12:08 AM
"The Pied Piper of Bitches" as a prefix does have a certain ring to it

Ahem. They prefer to be called "hos."

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Drew McIntyre looks amazing with their new look. He is a seriously sexy man, and is now showing some personality.

Ultra Mantis
10-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Noid really does take fantasy booking to the next level.

Lock Jaw
10-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Noid Amping up the Gay

Skippord
10-17-2012, 08:04 PM
nothing gay about recognizing Drew McIntyre's beauty

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Heath Slater's new finisher is pretty sick too. Does it have a name? I coin it the Whammy Bar.

Tom Guycott
10-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Also

"I'm just one maaaaaaan"

*Three men come out*

If each individual of the Brothers of Dysfunction* can be "the tag team champions", then this works.

Also, these guys are perfect to re-introduce the "Freebird rule" to the titles <s>if</s> when they win them.

*I refuse to call them by their name. Hell no! I didn't mean that as their name, I meant it as... nevermind. Point is, posters here were more clever and creative than... well... Creative. I'll stick with that.

Tom Guycott
10-18-2012, 01:50 AM

I mentioned this the other day, and I get clowned on for dissing "Murderface Mahal".

Also, that other pic of the 3 of them backstage that was elsewhere... in that one, Drew looked less like X-Pac and more like Juventud. Couldn't find the original post to side-by-side the pics, though. :(

St. Jimmy
10-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Next to Ryback these 3 jobbers are the worst thing on WWE programming.

Poit
10-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Heath Slater's new finisher is pretty sick too. Does it have a name? I coin it the Whammy Bar.

According to Wikipedia, it's called E-Minor.

Mercenary
10-18-2012, 03:01 AM

Like everything else you say. Your dead wrong.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2012, 03:15 AM
nothing gay about recognizing Drew McIntyre's beauty

Exactly right.

Heath Slater used to call his Reverse DDT the "E-Minor," so I guess his Snapmare Driver might get the same name. That Slater has a finishing move makes me very happy, because it means he can win matches now.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Drew McIntyre looked a lot like John Morrison with his hair done the way he had it. I kind of miss Morrison. He'd be great for this heel group, as well, should they decide to "get a drummer."

MoFo
10-18-2012, 09:26 AM
All this needs is Slater to jack Jarrett's guitar smashing gimmick and its perfect.

ron the dial
10-18-2012, 10:52 AM
this is a horrendous group that i don't understand the love on here for. drew mcintyre, maybe. but not in this context. jesus is this going to be a fucking trainwreck. "we are music!" what? how exactly does that work?

Cool King
10-18-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm happy I'm not the only guy who isn't "feeling" this group.

I'm not a fan.

I was absolutely loving Slater during his singles run and Mahal was good too. Now, this whole "3MB" business is putting me off Slater. When they come to the ring, all I see is just a randomly thrown together group, pretty much like what you got during the story modes on the SmackDown games.

They seem to be going down the route of music being what brought them together, but in no way have I seen music come into play with Mahal and McIntyre's characters since they both debuted. Both guys look extremely out of place, air-guitaring and don't get me started on the leather jackets.

Out of all of them, McIntyre looks the most out of place. He's been this evil and conniving Scotsman since his debut, slowly walking to the ring and cutting promos but now all of a sudden he's jumping about like he's high on Prozac, air-guitaring and rocking out. I don't know what he's aiming to achieve with his new found energy but it just doesn't work with me. I think he looks a bit stupid doing it.

ron the dial
10-18-2012, 11:12 AM
slater was entertaining in his solo run because it was so awful you had to laugh. never thought of him as anything more, and to have it parlayed into his leading a group is ridiculous to me. jinder mahal has no personality, and drew mcintyre is competely out of place. it just feels too forced to be anything but a failure.

Skippord
10-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I think I only enjoy it because I love Drew McIntyre and want him on television. Also Jinder Mahal air guitaring in a turban was pretty incredible

ron the dial
10-18-2012, 11:20 AM
i love mcintyre, too, which is what makes this even harder to watch. just doesn't seem to fit him at all. maybe he can grow into it, but that seems like a tall order.

Skippord
10-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Maybe this is just to see if he can pull off a really dumb gimmick so they push him :'(

Lock Jaw
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
All this needs is Slater to jack Jarrett's guitar smashing gimmick and its perfect.

He should smash people over the head with Air Guitars.

Curd
10-18-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm happy I'm not the only guy who isn't "feeling" this group.

I'm not a fan.

I was absolutely loving Slater during his singles run and Mahal was good too. Now, this whole "3MB" business is putting me off Slater. When they come to the ring, all I see is just a randomly thrown together group, pretty much like what you got during the story modes on the SmackDown games.

They seem to be going down the route of music being what brought them together, but in no way have I seen music come into play with Mahal and McIntyre's characters since they both debuted. Both guys look extremely out of place, air-guitaring and don't get me started on the leather jackets.

Out of all of them, McIntyre looks the most out of place. He's been this evil and conniving Scotsman since his debut, slowly walking to the ring and cutting promos but now all of a sudden he's jumping about like he's high on Prozac, air-guitaring and rocking out. I don't know what he's aiming to achieve with his new found energy but it just doesn't work with me. I think he looks a bit stupid doing it.

The VH1 Behind the Music special will explain all!

Curd
10-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Also, Harmonix is missing an opportunity to market its Rock Band franchise with the WWE.

Gertner
10-18-2012, 03:20 PM

Easy there FBDV. Work on being able to see your feet.

Tom Guycott
10-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Drew McIntyre looked a lot like John Morrison with his hair done the way he had it. I kind of miss Morrison. He'd be great for this heel group, as well, should they decide to "get a drummer."

My suggestion for a drummer would be someone else pretty much doing nothing right now:

http://www.dirtsheets.com/storage/Ted-DiBiase-Jr%201.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1338461569035

Also, it would add to the ridiculousness. 3MB has FOUR members and comes out to "I'M JUST ONE MAAAAAANNN"!!!