PDA

View Full Version : Andre the Giant

Zeeboe
10-20-2012, 08:44 PM
I think that Andre the Giant was one of the most eccentric, unique and original individuals to have ever lived. He is truly a legend and I think he is one of the most intriguing people in not only the wrestling business but in the whole world.

I own a few "Princess Bride" t-shirts that have Andre's image as "Fezzik" on them, and I get compliments on the shirts whenever I wear them from peers and strangers. I've even been told I look like Andre a little which I always take as a major compliant. I guess some people think that because I am 6'4, 250 - A giant to some, but I would be tiny compared to Andre.

I have read and heard so many interesting things about Andre through the years. I wish an autobiography on his life would come out - I would enjoy reading it for sure.

blake639raw
10-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure that an autobiography is impossible at this point considering he's, you know, dead.

Zeeboe
10-20-2012, 09:16 PM
A lot of people knew him so it's possible. Hell, the WWE did an entire DVD on Ultimate Warrior without the Ultimate Warrior's participation.

Joesgonnakillyou
10-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Autobiography means someone writing about themselves. Somebody else doing it is known simply as a 'biography'

You're welcome

Jordan
10-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Show your face bro

Taker it Easy
10-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Sup

Pintint
10-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Read some nasty articles about stuff Andre did which makes it hard to be a fan of his.

Fignuts
10-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Like what?

Shisen Kopf
10-21-2012, 01:53 AM
He liked to "check the oil" plus he pooped a lot.

Road Warrior
10-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Andre was a great attraction, but he could barely talk and honestly his matches were shit. He's like the elephant in the circus, cool to see, but really doesn't do anything.

Road Warrior
10-21-2012, 02:36 AM
That being said, he put asses in the seats and that's what it's all about.

Wishbone
10-21-2012, 04:44 AM
Not sure if I'd take being told I looked like Andre the Giant as a compliment... anyway I will say that the guy is an icon of not just pro-wrestling, but pop culture as a whole. Andre is by far one of the greatest things to ever set foot in the industry and deserves nothing less than respect for what he did for wrestling. He may not have had "work rate" or 1001 holds, but he sure as hell did the job he was meant for better than any other giant in history.

Gertner
10-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Bobby Heenan had some funny stories in his book about Andre.

SNLfunnyguy
10-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Andre on David Letterman. Find it.

Zeeboe
10-21-2012, 10:30 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r1vp_X1puq4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Autobiography means someone writing about themselves. Somebody else doing it is known simply as a 'biography'

You're welcome

Ladies and gentlemen, THE NIT PICKER!

*Golf clap*

Not sure if I'd take being told I looked like Andre the Giant as a compliment...

Good thing you're not me.

Anyhow, years ago I complied a list of crazy stuff I read and heard Andre use to do and I will share it now -

1. He openly masturbated in every hotel room he ever stayed in. (I do too.)

2. He urinated on the carpet and furniture of every hotel room he ever stayed in. (I would have to be really drunk to do that.)

3. Because he was so big, he could not ever use regular toilets to go to the bathroom. This really annoyed him, so one time.....he took a shit on the floor of a hotel room he was staying in and used the curtains to wipe his ass. :lol:

4. He also would take dumps in the bath tub or he'd take newspapers and put them on the hotelroom bed and shit and piss on them. I pity the people who had to remove Andre's massive elephant shits.

5. He sometimes had a very bad odor problem causing people he wrestled against to pass out during their matches. - Not sure how true that is.

6. When Andre had to wrestle wrestlers he did not like, he would throw them into the corner, sit on them and fart on their head.

7. At a time, he did not like Hulk Hogan at all and thought that Hogan was just a young, stuck up, blonde, cocky, primma-donna, snobby, suck-up, punk kid from Hollywood that was going to try and steal Andre's spot as the official giant of professional wrestling. The Hulkster would also go around telling people in the locker room that Andre was his hero, that he dreamed of being the next Andre, and that he wanted to surpass him didn't really get him into good graces with The Giant either. Andre heard about what Hogan would say about him to the boys in the back and Andre took it as a direct threat.

So whenever they had to wrestle each other, Andre would work very stiff with Hogan and try to end his career but make it look like an accident. Hulk refused to snitch on Andre however and complain to the head office. Hulk Hogan would tried to talk to Andre but Andre refused to even speak with him. Hulk was so scared of Andre that whenever Hulk would be driving to the arena, he would pull his car over and puke because he was so nervous and terrified of having to wrestle Andre.

Andre gained respect for Hogan however because no matter how many times Andre would whip Hogan's ass, Hogan never quit and he would never bitch about it to the front office. Hogan became Andre's personal bitch for a while too. He'd sit there and bring Andre's food to him, Andre would throw his empty beer cans at Hogan, Hogan would tell the bus driver when to stop whenever Andre had to piss, and he'd even scrub his back for him when they were at hotel's because Andre was too big to use the shower.

Hulk Hogan has also reported that Andre drank a case of "tall boys" each day on the tour bus. At the end of each can Andre would belch very loudly, crush the can in his dinner-platter-sized paw and bounce the empty can off the back of Hogan’s head. [It paid to be on Andre’s good side.]

When the WWF went to Japan and Hogan had to wrestle a Japanese wrestler named Tatsumi "Dragon" Fujinami who was a legit tough guy and the match could have turned into shoot match. Hogan was the world champion at the time and Vince McMahon told Hogan, " Hulk, be sure to take care of business tonight because we're not coming back to Japan anytime soon." If Fujinami wanted to, he could have broken Hogan's arms and legs and pinned him for the belt right in the middle of the ring but none of it happened but Hogan was still very worried and scared. When it was over, Andre came up to Hogan and said, "Hey Boss, why didn't you tell me? I would have taken care of him for you." Hogan replied with "No Andre. It was my battle." Hogan knew things were going to be cool with him and Andre from then on because Andre only called people he liked "Boss". After that, things did indeed change between Andre and Hogan and they patched things up and became very good friends. But Hogan still recalls there being some VERY uncomfortable and awkward times in the locker room and on bus trips with Andre before they became friends. No clue if the shoot story however is true. Hulk could be lying to make himself sound tough or maybe he's not.

8. While touring Japan [where Andre was a mega-celebrity and a household name] one of his Japanese sponsors rewarded the Giant with a case of expensive plum wine. Andre took his usual seat at the back of the bus, where seats had been removed to accommodate his bulk, and started in on the wine with his usual gusto for things fermented. Four hours later Andre had polished off the last bottle in the case. Sixteen bottles of wine in four hours. That feat alone earns him a place on Bacchus's right shoulder, but it gets even better. Still reeling from the effects of fermented plums, Andre proceeded straight to the ring where he wrestled three matches [including a battle royal] and no one had the slightest clue that they were in the presence of a walking wine vat.

9. On the day of Wrestlemania 3, he drank 13 bottles of champaign. Because Andre was very large man, he could drink a lot more than a normal man could. In fact he could drink a six-pac of beer and not be affected by it at all. Andre also had his own winery in France for the later part of his life. He also would drank two cases of beer every day for a period of his life and he once drank 117 bottles of beer in one sitting. Then there's this clip -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Kwyb65J_d4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. He was drafted into the French army but was rejected because they did not have footwear in his size.

11. He had 50% more teeth than most people.

12. The Washington Redskins tried to recruit him.

13. He was a "gentle giant" and his feelings were easily hurt.

14. He left home at fourteen to be a furniture mover.

15. One time in the early 80's during an early stint that pro wrestler Bad News Brown had with the WWF, the boys were all on a bus traveling between shows. Andre the Giant was in the back of the bus with the other guys and they were all telling racist jokes that Bad News took offense to. Bad News told them all to shut up, then when he turned around Andre shouted out a racial slur. Bad News made the driver stop the bus and told Andre to meet him outside. Andre refused and Hulk Hogan and others tried to soothe the situation. The next day Andre apologized to Bad News. Here's Bad News Brown telling the story -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5YxA0l2X38?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hulk Hogan however says the story is BS according to this interview in this clip - Not sure the exact moment in the interview that Hulk talks about the story. He does talk about other stuff, but at one point there is a long chat about Andre in here -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e5kC-xAv_CM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. The Andre the Giant vs. Akira match that took place in 1985 turned out to be a major disaster. The mega-hyped match that turned into a near shoot because Andre wouldn't sell Maeda's offense. Maeda was getting a big head and Andre was told to embarrass him in the ring since everyone believed in the Andre myth. Maeda didn't know and Andre, even drunk, was very powerful as Hell and started going for Maeda's eyes after no selling his submissions. When Maeda saw it was on, he reacted as only he could. The reason it wasn't stopped earlier was because the idea was for Andre to really beat up Maeda and the officials were waiting for it to happen. Maeda was kicking Andre's knee until it turned bright red and took him down rather easily a few times. He turned to Kantaro Hoshino and asked if he could finish him off and Hoshino shook his head "no." Maeda was very angry and threw a kick at the guard rail that was more brutal than any kick he threw at Andre. Maeda has been very unprofessional at certain points in his career, but in this case, a guy twice his size started it with him and he was trying to protect himself, put some fear into Andre, and not hurt Andre all at the same time. Dick Murdoch, who believed in the myth of Andre, as did everyone at the time, came back and said that he thought Maeda was going to end Andre's career.

Here is a clip of that match -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sSE91FHzQnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. NFL football star Ernie Holmes got very hot-headed backstage at a WWF taping. Andre The Giant muttered, "You know, you talk too much," and Ernie never said a peep after that. According to two people in the van when it happened (it was a rehearsal for the Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2), Holmes was talking about how tough he was and Andre got tired of hearing about it. Holmes was ready to fight him, but was talked out of it and nothing happened. It's unsure who told Holmes that it was probably a bad idea.

18. During a series of matches between Andre The Giant and the Ultimate Warrior, they had a spot set up where Warrior would charge Andre with a clothesline knocking the Giant back into the ropes to be tied up. Problem was, that Warrior would charge at Andre going at full speed. Now it didn't hurt Andre, but made him very angry. When he was hit by the clothesline, Heenan would hear Andre grunt. This went on for a while, match after match, same thing. Warrior at full speed and Andre grunting. Finally Andre had enough. The spot came up and Warrior charged full speed at Andre, but the Giant simply held up his fist which connected and Warrior was knocked senseless. Next match, spot comes up, Warrior goes for the clothesline and basically goes in slow motion and connects with the clothesline. Andre gets tied up in the ropes and leans over to Bobby and says "He's learning."

Here's a clip of Bobby Heenan talking about it. Bobby isn't shown talking about the story right away in the clip, but the clip gets to him at one point and he tells the story -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8ul_mRbR-E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. According to the Honky Tonk Man, Andre didn't like Jake "The Snake" Roberts and whenever they wrestled, he was very stiff with him.

20. He didn't like The Iron Sheik either and was stiff in the ring with him as well. I don't recall where I read that, but I do know Iron Shiek has also not spoken kindly of Andre.

21. In Mexico City, Mexico, just one month before Andre passed away he took on pro wrestler Bad News Brown in a six man tag team match. Both were on opposing sides. Bad News Brown's partners in the match were Bam Bam Bigelow and the late, great Yokozuna and Andre was with two Mexican wrestlers. Andre had been sick all day with diarrhea. During his match when Bad News Brown was in the ring with him, he threw him in the corner and gave him a big bump, at that very moment he shit himself and it went all over Bad News Brown's chest. Bad News Brown fell out of the ring and barfed. Bad News Brown looked up at his two partners and they were laughing their asses off at him. Bad News Brown left and went back to the locker room to clean himself up and he did not return to finish the match. When they finished the match and came into the locker room they were all hysterical.

22. Since Andre the Giant was in such bad physical condition during his feud with Hulk Hogan in the mid-80's, the WWF made Bobby Heenan Andre's manager. When the match slowed down, Heenan was able to do something outside the ring to keep the match entertaining. Andre had very bad back problems later on in his career. In an interview Bobby Heenan said Andre would lean on him while walking up the stairs to the ring and that Andre wouldn't be able to move at all after his matches.

23. According to Ric Flair's book, Flair talks about Andre downing 100 beers and almost drowning Blackjack Mulligan and Dick Murdoch because he got sucker punched by them.

24. He once lifted the car of a group of men who were inside the car because the men were making fun of Andre's size.

25. When Andre was working on the movie, "The Princess Bride".....despite his character Fezzik's almost-superhuman strength, Andre's back problems at the time prevented him from actually lifting anything heavy. Robin Wright Penn had to be attached to wires in the scene where Buttercup jumps from the castle window into Fezzik's arms because he couldn't support her himself.

26. While rehearsing for the film, Andre the Giant's thick accent prevented many of his lines from being understood. To remedy this, actor Mandy Patinkin slapped Andre in the face to get him to concentrate harder.

27. During the filming of some scenes, the weather became markedly cold for Robin Wright. André the Giant helped her by placing one of his hands over her head; his hands were so large that one would entirely cover the top of her head, keeping her warm.

28. According to Bret Hart's book, Bam Bam Bigelow was a jerk when he first signed on with the WWF. Then he wrestled Andre and Andre beat the beat out of him, which changed Bigelow's attitude.

29. Kamala also said that Andre once called him a racist name during a match and that Andre was never nice to him, then Kamala made a threat to him with a gun. They did patch things up however.

30. A wrestling fan posted the following story about Andre on a wrestling message board:

"Ok Andre was before my time, and I'm not "up" on classic wrestling as i would like to be, but that aside i have an amusing story about Andre, Its funny but it also says something about his personality.

My Uncle is telling me wrestling stories, His favorite wrestlers, Shows he went to, yadda yadda yadda, good times. One story stood out. and i thought you all might like to read it.

WWF is having a small venue in the Catskill Mountains in Upstate N.Y.

Early 80's---

The show is at a Golf club where my Uncle frequently went to to work on his game.

He walks into the club house bathroom, and notices two MASSIVE feet under one of the stalls... my Uncle chuckles to him self on the size of his feet and the thought of how big the rest of this guy is. but he puts the humor of it aside and goes into the next stall.

My uncle is just siting there clenching and squeezing away. when out no where a heavy, deep, broken English voice calls out.

"You having Shitting problems too?"

"huh.... yeah" my uncle responds

The unknown "Bathroom Giant" continues to make small talk, they discuss wrestling, local pubs, and all from stall to stall.... suddenly my uncle bursts out

"FUCK"

"what?" the giant says

"No toilet paper" my uncle responds

" I got just a little over here... do they pay people to keep up with these things?"

A enormous hand reaches from underneath the stall holding a roll of TP with VERY little paper left on it.. My Uncle refuses at first but the Unknown Bathroom giant insists.. my uncle thanks him "cleans himself" and exits the stall to wash his hands... The stall door opens, and the man, the myth, the Legend ANDRE THE GIANT emerges from the bathroom stall. clenching his butt cheeks together (and yes he was wearing pants) walking like a penguin. My Uncle is star struck.. He Didn't make the connection between the voice and giant feet and hands....Andre shakes my uncles hands and says

"nice talking to you, but i need to go.. theres toilet paper on the bus, and i need to get ready for the show"

My Uncle tells this story a lot, seeing how its the coolest thing to ever happen to him, (in a sick sort of way) And he ways ends it the same way.

"Some people give you the shirt off their backs.. Andre.. God bless his heart, would give ya the last of the toilet paper....."

31. When asked what his favorite thing about making "The Princess Bride" was, André the Giant replied, without skipping a beat, "Nobody looks at me." He felt treated as an equal, without people staring at him because of his grand height.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mMFqdMNbMSo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SuY9kNsGaPk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sixx
10-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Compliant.

Gerard
10-21-2012, 11:06 AM
3. Because he was so big, he could not ever use regular toilets to go to the bathroom. This really annoyed him, so one time.....he took a shit on the floor of a hotel room he was staying in and used the curtains to wipe his ass.

Doubting that one, ive heard the storys about him shitting on hotel beds but to say he couldn't ever use a regular toilet is taking it a bit far.

Zeeboe
10-21-2012, 11:47 AM
It was probably in Japan where he had that problem.

SNLfunnyguy
10-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Doubting that one, ive heard the storys about him shitting on hotel beds but to say he couldn't ever use a regular toilet is taking it a bit far.

This story is limited to Japan though where things were tiny, I thought.

XL
10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Andre comes off as a dick in most of those stories.

SNLfunnyguy
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Was Andre the Giant ever in a porno?

Pintint
10-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Like what?

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r1vp_X1puq4?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

*Golf clap*

Good thing you're not me.

Anyhow, years ago I complied a list of crazy stuff I read and heard Andre use to do and I will share it now -

1. He openly masturbated in every hotel room he ever stayed in. (I do too.)

2. He urinated on the carpet and furniture of every hotel room he ever stayed in. (I would have to be really drunk to do that.)

3. Because he was so big, he could not ever use regular toilets to go to the bathroom. This really annoyed him, so one time.....he took a shit on the floor of a hotel room he was staying in and used the curtains to wipe his ass. :lol:

4. He also would take dumps in the bath tub or he'd take newspapers and put them on the hotelroom bed and shit and piss on them. I pity the people who had to remove Andre's massive elephant shits.

5. He sometimes had a very bad odor problem causing people he wrestled against to pass out during their matches. - Not sure how true that is.

6. When Andre had to wrestle wrestlers he did not like, he would throw them into the corner, sit on them and fart on their head.

7. At a time, he did not like Hulk Hogan at all and thought that Hogan was just a young, stuck up, blonde, cocky, primma-donna, snobby, suck-up, punk kid from Hollywood that was going to try and steal Andre's spot as the official giant of professional wrestling. The Hulkster would also go around telling people in the locker room that Andre was his hero, that he dreamed of being the next Andre, and that he wanted to surpass him didn't really get him into good graces with The Giant either. Andre heard about what Hogan would say about him to the boys in the back and Andre took it as a direct threat.

So whenever they had to wrestle each other, Andre would work very stiff with Hogan and try to end his career but make it look like an accident. Hulk refused to snitch on Andre however and complain to the head office. Hulk Hogan would tried to talk to Andre but Andre refused to even speak with him. Hulk was so scared of Andre that whenever Hulk would be driving to the arena, he would pull his car over and puke because he was so nervous and terrified of having to wrestle Andre.

Andre gained respect for Hogan however because no matter how many times Andre would whip Hogan's ass, Hogan never quit and he would never bitch about it to the front office. Hogan became Andre's personal bitch for a while too. He'd sit there and bring Andre's food to him, Andre would throw his empty beer cans at Hogan, Hogan would tell the bus driver when to stop whenever Andre had to piss, and he'd even scrub his back for him when they were at hotel's because Andre was too big to use the shower.

Hulk Hogan has also reported that Andre drank a case of "tall boys" each day on the tour bus. At the end of each can Andre would belch very loudly, crush the can in his dinner-platter-sized paw and bounce the empty can off the back of Hogan’s head. [It paid to be on Andre’s good side.]

When the WWF went to Japan and Hogan had to wrestle a Japanese wrestler named Tatsumi "Dragon" Fujinami who was a legit tough guy and the match could have turned into shoot match. Hogan was the world champion at the time and Vince McMahon told Hogan, " Hulk, be sure to take care of business tonight because we're not coming back to Japan anytime soon." If Fujinami wanted to, he could have broken Hogan's arms and legs and pinned him for the belt right in the middle of the ring but none of it happened but Hogan was still very worried and scared. When it was over, Andre came up to Hogan and said, "Hey Boss, why didn't you tell me? I would have taken care of him for you." Hogan replied with "No Andre. It was my battle." Hogan knew things were going to be cool with him and Andre from then on because Andre only called people he liked "Boss". After that, things did indeed change between Andre and Hogan and they patched things up and became very good friends. But Hogan still recalls there being some VERY uncomfortable and awkward times in the locker room and on bus trips with Andre before they became friends. No clue if the shoot story however is true. Hulk could be lying to make himself sound tough or maybe he's not.

8. While touring Japan [where Andre was a mega-celebrity and a household name] one of his Japanese sponsors rewarded the Giant with a case of expensive plum wine. Andre took his usual seat at the back of the bus, where seats had been removed to accommodate his bulk, and started in on the wine with his usual gusto for things fermented. Four hours later Andre had polished off the last bottle in the case. Sixteen bottles of wine in four hours. That feat alone earns him a place on Bacchus's right shoulder, but it gets even better. Still reeling from the effects of fermented plums, Andre proceeded straight to the ring where he wrestled three matches [including a battle royal] and no one had the slightest clue that they were in the presence of a walking wine vat.

9. On the day of Wrestlemania 3, he drank 13 bottles of champaign. Because Andre was very large man, he could drink a lot more than a normal man could. In fact he could drink a six-pac of beer and not be affected by it at all. Andre also had his own winery in France for the later part of his life. He also would drank two cases of beer every day for a period of his life and he once drank 117 bottles of beer in one sitting. Then there's this clip -

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Kwyb65J_d4?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

10. He was drafted into the French army but was rejected because they did not have footwear in his size.

11. He had 50% more teeth than most people.

12. The Washington Redskins tried to recruit him.

13. He was a "gentle giant" and his feelings were easily hurt.

14. He left home at fourteen to be a furniture mover.

15. One time in the early 80's during an early stint that pro wrestler Bad News Brown had with the WWF, the boys were all on a bus traveling between shows. Andre the Giant was in the back of the bus with the other guys and they were all telling racist jokes that Bad News took offense to. Bad News told them all to shut up, then when he turned around Andre shouted out a racial slur. Bad News made the driver stop the bus and told Andre to meet him outside. Andre refused and Hulk Hogan and others tried to soothe the situation. The next day Andre apologized to Bad News. Here's Bad News Brown telling the story -

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5YxA0l2X38?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Hulk Hogan however says the story is BS according to this interview in this clip - Not sure the exact moment in the interview that Hulk talks about the story. He does talk about other stuff, but at one point there is a long chat about Andre in here -

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e5kC-xAv_CM?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

16. The Andre the Giant vs. Akira match that took place in 1985 turned out to be a major disaster. The mega-hyped match that turned into a near shoot because Andre wouldn't sell Maeda's offense. Maeda was getting a big head and Andre was told to embarrass him in the ring since everyone believed in the Andre myth. Maeda didn't know and Andre, even drunk, was very powerful as Hell and started going for Maeda's eyes after no selling his submissions. When Maeda saw it was on, he reacted as only he could. The reason it wasn't stopped earlier was because the idea was for Andre to really beat up Maeda and the officials were waiting for it to happen. Maeda was kicking Andre's knee until it turned bright red and took him down rather easily a few times. He turned to Kantaro Hoshino and asked if he could finish him off and Hoshino shook his head "no." Maeda was very angry and threw a kick at the guard rail that was more brutal than any kick he threw at Andre. Maeda has been very unprofessional at certain points in his career, but in this case, a guy twice his size started it with him and he was trying to protect himself, put some fear into Andre, and not hurt Andre all at the same time. Dick Murdoch, who believed in the myth of Andre, as did everyone at the time, came back and said that he thought Maeda was going to end Andre's career.

Here is a clip of that match -

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sSE91FHzQnc" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

17. NFL football star Ernie Holmes got very hot-headed backstage at a WWF taping. Andre The Giant muttered, "You know, you talk too much," and Ernie never said a peep after that. According to two people in the van when it happened (it was a rehearsal for the Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2), Holmes was talking about how tough he was and Andre got tired of hearing about it. Holmes was ready to fight him, but was talked out of it and nothing happened. It's unsure who told Holmes that it was probably a bad idea.

18. During a series of matches between Andre The Giant and the Ultimate Warrior, they had a spot set up where Warrior would charge Andre with a clothesline knocking the Giant back into the ropes to be tied up. Problem was, that Warrior would charge at Andre going at full speed. Now it didn't hurt Andre, but made him very angry. When he was hit by the clothesline, Heenan would hear Andre grunt. This went on for a while, match after match, same thing. Warrior at full speed and Andre grunting. Finally Andre had enough. The spot came up and Warrior charged full speed at Andre, but the Giant simply held up his fist which connected and Warrior was knocked senseless. Next match, spot comes up, Warrior goes for the clothesline and basically goes in slow motion and connects with the clothesline. Andre gets tied up in the ropes and leans over to Bobby and says "He's learning."

Here's a clip of Bobby Heenan talking about it. Bobby isn't shown talking about the story right away in the clip, but the clip gets to him at one point and he tells the story -

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8ul_mRbR-E?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

19. According to the Honky Tonk Man, Andre didn't like Jake "The Snake" Roberts and whenever they wrestled, he was very stiff with him.

20. He didn't like The Iron Sheik either and was stiff in the ring with him as well. I don't recall where I read that, but I do know Iron Shiek has also not spoken kindly of Andre.

21. In Mexico City, Mexico, just one month before Andre passed away he took on pro wrestler Bad News Brown in a six man tag team match. Both were on opposing sides. Bad News Brown's partners in the match were Bam Bam Bigelow and the late, great Yokozuna and Andre was with two Mexican wrestlers. Andre had been sick all day with diarrhea. During his match when Bad News Brown was in the ring with him, he threw him in the corner and gave him a big bump, at that very moment he shit himself and it went all over Bad News Brown's chest. Bad News Brown fell out of the ring and barfed. Bad News Brown looked up at his two partners and they were laughing their asses off at him. Bad News Brown left and went back to the locker room to clean himself up and he did not return to finish the match. When they finished the match and came into the locker room they were all hysterical.

22. Since Andre the Giant was in such bad physical condition during his feud with Hulk Hogan in the mid-80's, the WWF made Bobby Heenan Andre's manager. When the match slowed down, Heenan was able to do something outside the ring to keep the match entertaining. Andre had very bad back problems later on in his career. In an interview Bobby Heenan said Andre would lean on him while walking up the stairs to the ring and that Andre wouldn't be able to move at all after his matches.

23. According to Ric Flair's book, Flair talks about Andre downing 100 beers and almost drowning Blackjack Mulligan and Dick Murdoch because he got sucker punched by them.

24. He once lifted the car of a group of men who were inside the car because the men were making fun of Andre's size.

25. When Andre was working on the movie, "The Princess Bride".....despite his character Fezzik's almost-superhuman strength, Andre's back problems at the time prevented him from actually lifting anything heavy. Robin Wright Penn had to be attached to wires in the scene where Buttercup jumps from the castle window into Fezzik's arms because he couldn't support her himself.

26. While rehearsing for the film, Andre the Giant's thick accent prevented many of his lines from being understood. To remedy this, actor Mandy Patinkin slapped Andre in the face to get him to concentrate harder.

27. During the filming of some scenes, the weather became markedly cold for Robin Wright. André the Giant helped her by placing one of his hands over her head; his hands were so large that one would entirely cover the top of her head, keeping her warm.

28. According to Bret Hart's book, Bam Bam Bigelow was a jerk when he first signed on with the WWF. Then he wrestled Andre and Andre beat the beat out of him, which changed Bigelow's attitude.

29. Kamala also said that Andre once called him a racist name during a match and that Andre was never nice to him, then Kamala made a threat to him with a gun. They did patch things up however.

30. A wrestling fan posted the following story about Andre on a wrestling message board:

"Ok Andre was before my time, and I'm not "up" on classic wrestling as i would like to be, but that aside i have an amusing story about Andre, Its funny but it also says something about his personality.

My Uncle is telling me wrestling stories, His favorite wrestlers, Shows he went to, yadda yadda yadda, good times. One story stood out. and i thought you all might like to read it.

WWF is having a small venue in the Catskill Mountains in Upstate N.Y.

Early 80's---

The show is at a Golf club where my Uncle frequently went to to work on his game.

He walks into the club house bathroom, and notices two MASSIVE feet under one of the stalls... my Uncle chuckles to him self on the size of his feet and the thought of how big the rest of this guy is. but he puts the humor of it aside and goes into the next stall.

My uncle is just siting there clenching and squeezing away. when out no where a heavy, deep, broken English voice calls out.

"You having Shitting problems too?"

"huh.... yeah" my uncle responds

The unknown "Bathroom Giant" continues to make small talk, they discuss wrestling, local pubs, and all from stall to stall.... suddenly my uncle bursts out

"FUCK"

"what?" the giant says

"No toilet paper" my uncle responds

" I got just a little over here... do they pay people to keep up with these things?"

A enormous hand reaches from underneath the stall holding a roll of TP with VERY little paper left on it.. My Uncle refuses at first but the Unknown Bathroom giant insists.. my uncle thanks him "cleans himself" and exits the stall to wash his hands... The stall door opens, and the man, the myth, the Legend ANDRE THE GIANT emerges from the bathroom stall. clenching his butt cheeks together (and yes he was wearing pants) walking like a penguin. My Uncle is star struck.. He Didn't make the connection between the voice and giant feet and hands....Andre shakes my uncles hands and says

"nice talking to you, but i need to go.. theres toilet paper on the bus, and i need to get ready for the show"

My Uncle tells this story a lot, seeing how its the coolest thing to ever happen to him, (in a sick sort of way) And he ways ends it the same way.

"Some people give you the shirt off their backs.. Andre.. God bless his heart, would give ya the last of the toilet paper....."

31. When asked what his favorite thing about making this film was, André the Giant replied, without skipping a beat, "Nobody looks at me." He felt treated as an equal, without people staring at him because of his grand height.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mMFqdMNbMSo?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SuY9kNsGaPk?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Nicky Fives
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
anybody want a peanut?

#1-norm-fan
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I wish an autobiography on his life would come out - I would enjoy reading it for sure.

Pretty sure that an autobiography is impossible at this point considering he's, you know, dead.

A lot of people knew him so it's possible. Hell, the WWE did an entire DVD on Ultimate Warrior without the Ultimate Warrior's participation.

You're welcome

*Golf clap*

:lol:

Zeeboe
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Sean Mooney is such a troll in this interview -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xmKit6s41aY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>