PDA

View Full Version : Who will get Ryback's 1st loss

Emperor Smeat
10-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Its probably a very safe bet that the WWE won't be breaking Ryback's undefeated streak at Hell in a Cell (gets the belt or not) but at some point he's going to lose an actual match.

Its also a safe bet the WWE won't go the WCW route with Goldberg and completely mess up his character once he eventually looses.

With that being said, who do you think the WWE wants him to lose to and who you personally think it should be if its someone different. Also why for both choices?

whiteyford
10-27-2012, 02:22 PM
The Wellness Policy.

whiteyford
10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Dunno if I see him as a long term main eventer but either way I'd like to see whoever beats him use that as way to get over, someone like Rhodes using a feud with Ryback as a springboard to the title.

Rollermacka
10-27-2012, 02:43 PM
The Wellness Policy.

That's already happend at least once.

Honestly, I'm going for Punk tomarrow.

DAMN iNATOR
10-27-2012, 02:46 PM
He's definitely going to lose cleanly to Punk tomorrow night.

344 - RESPECT

Lock Jaw
10-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Who he will lose to: CM Punk tomorrow.

Who "should" break his streak: <s>Kevin Nash</s> <s>MARK HENRY</s> Jack Swagger

Curd
10-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Of all the heels who could benefit from knocking Ryback off his perch (if but for a match), I reckon Wade Barrett is in the pipeline for a victory against him. Having a streak free of pinfall or submission losses, but not of disqualification or tag team partner losses (see Crimson on Impact!), just doesn't have the same impact as an entirely undefeated streak. Therefore, I believe Ryback will win. Whether that the title match will be declared non-title at the last second or after the fact remains to be seen.

Barrett and Ryback exchange blows during a 10-man Survivor Series match, but Barrett tags out to prevent Ryback from pinning him. Perhaps Cena or Orton can pin Barrett instead to prolong the prospect of a decisive Ryback-Barrett match. Wade then uses brass knuckles to defeat Ryback at the Royal Rumble to create grounds for an intense feud.

Shisen Kopf
10-27-2012, 03:23 PM
No-one

The Condor
10-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Only Death itself can defeat The Ryback.

Majunior
10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I want to see him lose tomorrow night.

If Punk doesn't defeat him, Ryback needs to lose to someone like Jinder, The One Man Band, Zack Ryder, Santino Marella, a returning Armondo Estrada... someone it would be embarrassing to lose to. Then he should be buried and forgotten about.

Ultra Mantis
10-27-2012, 05:25 PM

Who "should" break his streak: <s>Kevin Nash</s> <s>MARK HENRY</s> Jack Swagger

I'd love to see him come back as "Swagjack" and changes his finish to a Jacknife Gutwrench Powerbomb. Have him start a stable of Jacks with New Jack, Cactus Jack, Jack Tunney, etc. Then he could go over Ryback via shock stick assist from Jacques Rougeau.

Pintint
10-27-2012, 05:34 PM
THE RYBACK should only lose to WWE via WWE going out of business.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM
We're forgetting that he was already defeated plenty of times as Skip Sheffield?

whiteyford
10-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Different guy, you're confused.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-27-2012, 07:00 PM
I'd say a returning Jeff Jarrett, but I think they'd just become friends and play guitar in the ring together instead.

Shisen Kopf
10-27-2012, 07:16 PM
We're forgetting that he was already defeated plenty of times as Skip Sheffield?

Who?

drave
10-27-2012, 07:34 PM
It won't be Punk. I think HIAC is going to end in a no contest, with Punk retaining.

Of all choices right at the moment, I say Barrett. He is a beast, on the rise and needs that "one event" to really catapult him to main event status.

Pintint
10-27-2012, 07:47 PM
It won't be Punk. I think HIAC is going to end in a no contest, with Punk retaining.

Of all choices right at the moment, I say Barrett. He is a beast, on the rise and needs that "one event" to really catapult him to main event status.

Barrett ending THE RYBACK'S streak...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

loopydate
10-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Undertaker. WMXXX

Book it.

Pintint
10-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Undertaker. WMXXX

Book it.

Only if THE RYBACK ends Taker's streak and sends him into retirement. Then when Taker is giving his hall of fame speech, THE RYBACK bursts in and puts Taker through the podium and then says, FEED ME MORE! as Taker is rolling on the floor yelling "Help! Help! Help!"

dronepool
10-27-2012, 09:16 PM
CM Punk.

Mr. Nerfect
10-27-2012, 09:17 PM

I know a lot of people around here are too cool for Punk's "smarky" behaviour at times, but I think it would have made a more interesting story if on RAW Punk and Heyman had targeted Ryback's past as a member of Nexus, a goofy rookie on NXT and his time in Tough Enough. Punk could remind "Ryan" that was out with an injury has has spent most of his time since he's returned with nobodies, not long-term WWE Champions.

For a protagonist to be interesting, there needs to be some sort of vulnerability to their character. I hope that is created at Hell in a Cell. I'm all for Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett, Mark Henry or a combination attacking Ryback and helping Punk retain. Once Ryback sheds the streak, people can begin to build a real emotional attachment to him.

Wake Up Call
10-27-2012, 09:20 PM

Please explain to me how a HIAC match can end in a no contest. Do we not recall Undertaker/Mankind? It is impossible to have it end in a no contest. The over-rated Ryback will lose this Sunday, and then be facing shitty tag teams in no time.

Mr. Nerfect
10-27-2012, 09:36 PM
The Cell gets busted down and Punk runs through the crowd and escapes the arena, despite babyface interference, with his title.

Pintint
10-27-2012, 09:44 PM
The Cell gets busted down and Punk runs through the crowd and escapes the arena, where get gets ambushed by Dolph Ziggler who wins the title after CM Punk slips on a banana peel planted by Hornswoggle.

Optimus Bone 69
10-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Think the question is who causes his first loss

owenbrown
10-27-2012, 09:46 PM

Who "should" break his streak: <s>Kevin Nash</s> <s>MARK HENRY</s> <s>Jack Swagger</s> Duane Gill

Fignuts
10-27-2012, 09:59 PM
What kind of a stupid fucking name is Ryback anyway?

Optimus Bone 69
10-27-2012, 10:02 PM
its one i like to chant at work and around the house

Mr. Nerfect
10-27-2012, 10:02 PM
It is a really stupid name. I think it comes from a period of time where Ryback was down in OVW wrestling under the moniker "The Silverback" Ryan Reeves, with "Ryback" being a portmanteau of "Ryan" and "Silverback."

Pintint
10-27-2012, 10:21 PM
It is a really stupid name. I think it comes from a period of time where Ryback was down in OVW wrestling under the moniker "The Silverback" Ryan Reeves, with "Ryback" being a portmanteau of "Ryan" and "Silverback."

If he was brought up as Silverback, the comparisons to Goldberg would be even greater, I mean come on, Silverback totally sounds like a name a Jewish wrestler would have.

Inadequacy
10-27-2012, 10:36 PM
That was when he was a robot right?

DLVH84
10-27-2012, 10:37 PM
I know a lot of people around here are too cool for Punk's "smarky" behaviour at times, but I think it would have made a more interesting story if on RAW Punk and Heyman had targeted Ryback's past as a member of Nexus, a goofy rookie on NXT and his time in Tough Enough. Punk could remind "Ryan" that was out with an injury has has spent most of his time since he's returned with nobodies, not long-term WWE Champions.

For a protagonist to be interesting, there needs to be some sort of vulnerability to their character. I hope that is created at Hell in a Cell. I'm all for Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett, Mark Henry or a combination attacking Ryback and helping Punk retain. Once Ryback sheds the streak, people can begin to build a real emotional attachment to him.

I think that would be a great idea, considering Punk would use that against Ryback, psychology-wise.

Fignuts
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Why the fuck is Pintint emulating Shisen in this thread?

Pintint
10-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Why the fuck is Pintint emulating Shisen in this thread?

Why the fuck is Fignuts emulating WWE Hall Of Famer, Pat Patterson in this thread?

Fignuts
10-27-2012, 11:20 PM
What?

Pintint
10-27-2012, 11:29 PM
What?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_G47ydZTmxIA/S7j3nebh1xI/AAAAAAAABYs/bYkk-Nnv2aQ/s1600/WHAT.jpg

XCaliber
10-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Clearly it's gonna be Barry Stevens that ends his run.

Autobahn
10-27-2012, 11:44 PM
I seriously hope Ryback wins and takes the title at HIAC, just to see the internet collapse in itself.

Pintint
10-27-2012, 11:47 PM
I seriously hope Ryback wins and takes the title at HIAC, just to see the internet collapse in itself.

I agree 100%.

WinterDecay
10-27-2012, 11:52 PM
I would have to say more than likely Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Perhaps Scott Hall with a cattle prod ...

either or.

Lock Jaw
10-28-2012, 04:50 AM
THE MORGUS WATSON

http://wcw.craig-uk.com/p/Morgus%20Watson.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
10-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Pintint, I sincerely hope you were being a comedian about the DZ bit. Even if you were though, it wasn’t all that funny. You do know his briefcase is only good for a WHC title shot and not a WWE title shot, right?

After all, there is a reason why the briefcase is blue (for the SD! brand). Just sayin’.

Tommy Gunn
10-28-2012, 03:43 PM
If he wins the belt, they'll probably take it off him in a triple threat match so they can continue saying he's never been pinned.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Dolph can only go after the World Heavyweight Title Pintint. CM Punk/The Ryback wouldn't be involved in that deal.

Pintint
10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Alright, alright, I got it. I thought MITB was for either title. Meh.

McLegend
10-28-2012, 03:57 PM
I actually like this The RYBACK/ Undertaker idea being kicked around in this thread.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Ryback losing will take a lot of pressure off him and allow him to get over as a well-rounded character, and not just because of some winning streak.

Autobahn
10-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Ryback losing will take a lot of pressure off him and allow him to get over as a well-rounded character, and not just because of some winning streak.

And they did it in a way that made him look dominant still.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Guess the thread can be closed now.

BEST.
IN.
THE.
WORLD.!

#BROKEN Hasney
10-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeahhhhh. Big win for Brad Maddox.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
CM Punk will definitely beat Ryback at HIAC. Not cleanly of course. Probably with some outside help like a run-in or a phony ref.

Nailed it.

drave
10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Alright, alright, I got it. I thought MITB was for either title. Meh.

Previous years, it was. then they did the double MITB main event this year and Cena cashed his in for a loss. I had the same shit going through my head since Ziggy didnt come down like he said he would against Show. Best looking KO punches were last night btw.

DAMN iNATOR
10-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Previous years, it was. then they did the double MITB main event this year and Cena cashed his in for a loss. I had the same shit going through my head since Ziggy didnt come down like he said he would against Show. Best looking KO punches were last night btw.

Yeah, it was like that up until the MitB got it’s own eponymous pay-per-view in July, 2010. The last winner of the “can be used on either champion” stipulated briefcase was a few months back in March, 2010 when Jack Swagger won it.

drave
10-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah, it was like that up until the MitB got it’s own eponymous pay-per-view in July, 2010. The last winner of the “can be used on either champion” stipulated briefcase was a few months back in March, 2010 when Jack Swagger won it.

Wouldnt it be more interesting to go back to that though? It could really add to some "unexpected" matches, which could evolve into great rivalries. For example, it would have been tits to see Zigs climb up to the top of the HIAC, roll up Punk like splif and get the belt. JUST AN EXAMPLE! Flame on! :foc:

James Steele
10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I think it would be interesting to see how they teased 2 guys who could go after either champion.

DAMN iNATOR
10-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Wouldnt it be more interesting to go back to that though? It could really add to some "unexpected" matches, which could evolve into great rivalries. For example, it would have been tits to see Zigs climb up to the top of the HIAC, roll up Punk like splif and get the belt. JUST AN EXAMPLE! Flame on! :foc:

Good Sir, I will have you know and duly note, that what I posted, to quote the words of the illustrious poster Heyman was NOT A FLAME. JUST AN OBSERVATION. :)

Now how about you settle down before you give yourself a seizure.

DAMN iNATOR
10-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Nailed it.

You sir are one smooth son of a bitch. You’re so smooth JIF peanut butter looks for YOU at the supermarket! :cool:

drave
10-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Good Sir, I will have you know and duly note, that what I posted, to quote the words of the illustrious poster Heyman was NOT A FLAME. JUST AN OBSERVATION. :)

Now how about you settle down before you give yourself a seizure.

I shall have you know as well, the flame shield was for all the RYBACK marks that will most likely have seizures themselves due to the above mentioned scenario of robbing him of the spotlight, even for just a second, or three.

Have a nice day! :wave:

Fignuts
10-31-2012, 12:25 PM
THE BRAD MADDOX- 1

The Ryback- 0

Rock Bottom
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.wzronline.com/wp-content/gallery/rocky-halloween/001.jpg