PDA

View Full Version : JBL back full-time

CSL
11-07-2012, 06:46 PM
looks like he'll be calling Smackdown and PPV's from here on out

Very happy WWE and I have worked out a deal for me to return on a full time basis. There came a need when my friend Jerry Lawler had a heart attack and was not able to work, however, I realized how much I enjoyed being back and this was the basis for my decision to return.

I truly love this business, one of my youngest memories as a kid was watching The Von Erich wrestling out of Dallas on Saturday nights. I missed being a part of it over the last few years.

I have been amazed at how hard these guys work, it is a pleasure to be calling their matches. And a pleasure to do homework on each guy so that I can do my part.

When I first had to retire it was the same as my first year coaching football at TVCC in Athens Texas-I was still too close to it to really enjoy the work. When I was coaching I was still playing in the World League so I had more desire to play than to just coach. My first commentary run I had just found out I was hurt and couldn't wrestle and my desire was to return to the ring. I was doing commentary thinking that I might be able to return one day.

I now just enjoy doing commentary, and no, have no desire to ever be in the ring again. I am in the best shape I have probably ever been in due to the mountain training, but a twisted knee, ankle or back and I lose my dream of the Seven Summits-not worth the risk to me and I had my time and I loved it. Commentary is where I want to be.

I will doing Smackdown with Josh Matthews. I have filled in on Main Event some but mainly when Miz has a large part in the show and can't do commentary.

Raw is 100% Jerry's. He and Michael are a great team, I enjoy listening to Jerry and there are no plans for a three man booth with me in it. I am happy on Smackdown.

It looks like I will be doing PPVs as a representative for the Smackdown brand as part of a three man booth with Cole and King.

I cannot say enough how impressed I am with Michael Cole, there is so much more to the commentary game now and he is the best I have seen. Josh prepares well and we don't have the sync that Michael and I have yet, but we will get there. Josh is fun to work with, I love when I get him so frustrated he throws his hands up in the air not knowing what I will say next. Michael and I had a year of commentary behind us already when I returned, Josh and I have only been doing it for a short time.

I don't know where Josh buys those horrible sweaters and gets that spiky haircut though.

And yes, I do have fun ribbing my old boss and Okie friend JR. It's all in good fun.

My weeks are very busy ( I travel out on Monday and back on Wednesday except PPV when I leave on Saturdays), I am training 3-5 hours a day for Mt Aconcagua in January and I am doing Fox Business or Fox News at least two shows a week. My main show is Cashin' In on Saturday mornings at 1130a et. I tape the Fox shows here in Bermuda normally.

I have the www.LayfieldReport.com (which I do with my brother) and my podcast and a YouTube WWE recap show I plan on starting this week. I also write for Fox Business when I have an interesting topic and time to cover it.

I also have my kids program (THE most important thing I have ever done) in Bermuda that I work with daily. I will land on Wednesday and go straight to the school, we started back up this week. Our coach Patrick Calow is making a huge difference in these kids lives with a ton of awesome volunteers.

www.SevenSummitsForKids.com is the place to keep up with the mountains I am climbing to raise money for our kids programs here in Bermuda.

I hope that answers all the questions. I'm happy to be back, I have realized in my time away that the place I really want to be is back with WWE and in this great business.

Cool King
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Fantastic news.

It's been great having JBL back and I'm happy he's decided to stay. :y:

Lock Jaw
11-07-2012, 06:56 PM
:love:

drave
11-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Should be stickied for greatness

Nicky Fives
11-07-2012, 07:33 PM
great news..... now there's no need for COle to return to Smackdown once King comes back..... Cole & King on Raw, JBL & Mathews on Smackdown, Cole & JBL on ME and Striker & Mathews on Superstars and I am happy.....

Vastardikai
11-07-2012, 07:38 PM
matthews and anyone NOT named Santino on SMS.

dronepool
11-07-2012, 07:45 PM
cool

loopydate
11-07-2012, 07:48 PM
This is very good news. A little bit of optimism that maybe somebody in charge has some sort of clue.

DLVH84
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Kick ass!!!

Mike the Metal Ed
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
:heart:

Emperor Smeat
11-07-2012, 08:21 PM
:D

Juan
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Cool beans :y:

Lavel
11-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Glad that he is back.

ClockShot
11-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Sweet.

slik
11-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Excellent News!

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
This is absolutely great news.

St. Jimmy
11-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Too bad it's Smackdown, but yay PPV.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Finally a reason to watch Smackdown again...maybe.

JBL on every PPV!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

KaosDarksol
11-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Makes smackdown more watchable

DaVe
11-08-2012, 02:11 AM
JBL is the man.

Gertner
11-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Soooo fucking great

Dark One
11-08-2012, 02:21 AM
It's morning in America again!

Tommy Gunn
11-08-2012, 05:41 AM
Hopefully this is a sign Smackdown will go back to being more of it's own show instead of the Raw Rebound show.

MoFo
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Was hoping he'd permanantly replaced King ffs.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Hopefully this is a sign Smackdown will go back to being more of it's own show instead of the Raw Rebound show.

Would absolutely love this. It makes SmackDown worth watching when there are certain talents you can only see there. It also reduces the schedule of many workers, lowering the rate of burn-out; gives more opportunities to talent; and it makes having two World Titles a little more logical.

Booker T seemingly becoming more and more paranoid about his job could be a decent way to have him separate the SmackDown brand from RAW permanently. He could be the one who places a ban on SmackDown talent appearing on RAW, and RAW talent appearing on SmackDown, etc.

That way, if the experiment doesn't work, you just have Booker T fired from the position and then the "SuperShow" concept can resume.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Was hoping he'd permanantly replaced King ffs.

I'm still hoping that Jerry Lawler returns next week and says that he won't be returning to commentary...because he's the new General Manager of RAW! He then re-instates Jim Ross as a commentator on RAW, to work alongside Michael Cole and JBL (even if JR only does the last hour of RAW, or something).

Rock Bottom
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Good, he's a fucking great announcer so far. Way better than anyone else they've had in a while. He's also a lot better at heel announcing than Michael Cole, god bless him for getting so much heat on him.

DLVH84
11-10-2012, 12:38 AM
I loved how JBL ripped people a new asshole for not fixing the ring fast enough.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fQsF05et518" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raven Reaper
11-10-2012, 03:05 AM
He's not just a wrestling god, he's a commentator GOD-LIKE!!!!

Theo Dious
11-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Booker T seemingly becoming more and more paranoid about his job could be a decent way to have him separate the SmackDown brand from RAW permanently. He could be the one who places a ban on SmackDown talent appearing on RAW, and RAW talent appearing on SmackDown, etc.

I like this, but drop the "paranoid" part. Just have him interested in making Smackdown the best wrestling show in the world. Remember when he was drafted to Smackdown and he turned heel based on butt-hurt about going to the B show?

I'm still hoping that Jerry Lawler returns next week and says that he won't be returning to commentary...because he's the new General Manager of RAW! He then re-instates Jim Ross as a commentator on RAW, to work alongside Michael Cole and JBL (even if JR only does the last hour of RAW, or something).

Stop having good ideas. It challenges my view of reality.

Vastardikai
11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I loved how JBL ripped people a new asshole for not fixing the ring fast enough.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fQsF05et518" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IT GOES CLOCKWISE!! :love: