PDA

View Full Version : Fozzy

Fignuts
12-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry, but these guys are just bad. Reading Jericho's books was kind of awkward, just because he makes his band out to be really good, and they are just so bland sounding.

How does someone like Jericho, who is so into the music industry, not realize how generic his own band sounds? Dunno if it's just denial, given how much money he's poured into this project.

What do you think about Fozzy? If you like them you're wrong.

Gertner
12-02-2012, 02:49 PM
It's pretty garbage. If he wasn't Chris Jericho then half the people who say they like them would say they suck balls.

whiteyford
12-02-2012, 02:51 PM
They sound like a cover band, which they were at the start, but everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Kalyx triaD
12-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I like Enemy, To Kill A Stranger (best song, I think), and Don't You Wish You Were Me.

Fignuts
12-02-2012, 03:30 PM
They sound like a cover band, which they were at the start, but everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Yeah, and that's fine, but it's become more than a hobby for him. Feel sorry for him, because he's got all these hopes and dreams for his band, but he's completely oblivious as to how much they suck.

Nicky Fives
12-02-2012, 03:35 PM
I enjoyed them before I even knew Jericho was the singer.....

steveweiser
12-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I like some of their stuff, yea i own all 3 albums only because its Jericho and i cling to the hope one day i might think bloody hell this is awesome but most of it so far i wouldnt normally listen to except a few of them.

whiteyford
12-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I dunno, I think it's partly to give him some kind of leverage in negotiating with Vince, show he has other things going outside of WWE, I completely agree that he's wrong in his apparent belief that he is the second coming of Axl Rose but I guess there would be no point in investing all that time and energy into something if you didn't think it could go somewhere.

Wishbone
12-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Eh, I've liked a few of their songs. A lot of their stuff is bland, but there are a few gems in there to listen to. For the most part I just don't care for that heavy rock type of sound they have no matter who's doing it.

Kane Knight
12-02-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm mad impressed by the guy who makes Jericho sound like a half-decent singer on the records, because HOOOOOOBOY does he suck.

There's nothing special about their work.

Cool King
12-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I think Fozzy are great. I've been to see them twice and I could have went to see them on Friday but I couldn't due to university commitments.

They get a lot of stick, mostly because Jericho is the lead singer and he's also a wrestler. A lot of people assume that fans of the band enjoy Fozzy because it's "Chris Jericho's band" and yes, a lot of Fozzy fans are wrestling fans but I've came across a good amount of fans at their gigs that aren't wrestling fans at all, but if you've ever been to one of their gigs, you completely forget that you're watching and listening to Chris Jericho: The Wrestler and you see and hear Chris Jericho: Fozzy Frontman.

Kane Knight
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
I think Fozzy are great. I've been to see them twice and I could have went to see them on Friday but I couldn't due to university commitments.

They get a lot of stick, mostly because Jericho is the lead singer and he's also a wrestler. A lot of people assume that fans of the band enjoy Fozzy because it's "Chris Jericho's band" and yes, a lot of Fozzy fans are wrestling fans but I've came across a good amount of fans at their gigs that aren't wrestling fans at all, but if you've ever been to one of their gigs, you completely forget that you're watching and listening to Chris Jericho: The Wrestler and you see and hear Chris Jericho: Fozzy Frontman.

No offense intended, but "lol."

Cool King
12-02-2012, 04:52 PM
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/570/punkwink.png

None taken.

DLVH84
12-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I like Enemy, To Kill A Stranger (best song, I think), and Don't You Wish You Were Me.

Yeah, those songs were awesome.

Rammsteinmad
12-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Constant touring, and playing huge festivals like Download and Sonisphere aren't bad accomplishments for a band that "sucks".

Theo Dious
12-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Constant touring, and playing huge festivals like Download and Sonisphere aren't bad accomplishments for a band that "sucks".

So exposure=quality now? I think the reason they tour constantly is due more to the fact that they can afford to, and they get booked at huge festivals because having "that band that Chris Jericho is in" on your marquee is good for business.

Theo Dious
12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I enjoyed them before I even knew Jericho was the singer.....

I'm astonished to find out that there is such a person.

Theo Dious
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM

This is pretty much how I feel about them, but they're still better than a fuckload of bands making the rounds these days. If I had to listen to Fozzy for 10 years or Nickelback for 5, I'd take Fozzy.

Tazz Dan
12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm seeing them at a festival here next year that's being headlined by Metallica, Blink 182, Cyprus Hill, Linkin Park, Slayer, Anthrax, The Offspring, Garbage and Paramore. Fozzy are half way down the card, barely being promoted, and I haven't seen Jericho's name mentioned anywhere on any advertising. Yet, there's still a bit of buzz about them coming. Dunno, I'll agree he's average, but there are obviously people out here who like their music.

Cool King
12-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Jericho's name is never mentioned when Fozzy are advertised somewhere.

It's always the name "Fozzy" that's advertised.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Maybe all these guys going to their shows are expecting a bear doing stand up comedy.

Cool King
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM
If they are, then they're all illiterate.

Shadow
12-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Band might suck but damn do they have some nice energy and it's nice to see a wrestler having success outside of the WWE. Wish more would have the guts to do so.

Tazz Dan
12-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Jericho's name is never mentioned when Fozzy are advertised somewhere.

It's always the name "Fozzy" that's advertised.

Are you telling me his name is never billed on posters? Ever? Anywhere?

Theo Dious
12-02-2012, 07:48 PM

And even if, the idea that the name Fozzy is not synonymous with "Chris Jericho's Band" to a lot of people is absurd. No I'm not saying that everyone only likes them because of him, but who he is impacts who they are and gives them a major huge advantage.

dronepool
12-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I gave Fozzy a chance with a few songs on youtube and they just come off cheesy.

Kane Knight
12-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Band might suck but damn do they have some nice energy and it's nice to see a wrestler having success outside of the WWE. Wish more would have the guts to do so.

Remember Raven's legal career?

I gave Fozzy a chance with a few songs on youtube and they just come off cheesy.

That is so metal.

DaveWadding
12-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I would rather listen to Fozzy than a Zachary Amaranth record for sure.

KIRA
12-02-2012, 10:15 PM
"To kill a Stranger"....and that's it. Fozzy feels like a generic throwback had Jericho been doing this in the days of hair metal/glam Fozzy would probably be among the Gods of Rock by now.

but Kudos to them and their fans I guess.

Juan
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I've never listened to a single Fozzy song

Shisen Kopf
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Fozzy is pretty lame. They are like a cover band's cover band. But at least it's rock and not garbage like that gangnum shit

Curd
12-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Fozzy is pretty lame. They are like a cover band's cover band. But at least it's rock and not garbage like that gangnum shit

I haven't watched the PSY vid, but yeah, I can only conclude from descriptions of the "horseriding dance" that it is a form of psychological warfare sanctioned by Kim Il Sung.

Curd
12-02-2012, 11:27 PM
I was stoked when JR announced Fozzy would perform on Raw, and I even chuckled when their pig mascot, Arthur, spoke to the camera. I was utterly disappointed when Fozzy actually did perform... and as Fignuts alluded to, Jericho blamed the botched performance on poor venue acoustics and incompetent monitor techs, e.g. everyone but his band or himself.

Curd
12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm mad impressed by the guy who makes Jericho sound like a half-decent singer on the records, because HOOOOOOBOY does he suck.

Maybe Jericho should use Auto Tune, esp. when live?

Disturbed316
12-03-2012, 04:20 AM
They're ok, I preferred it when Mongoose McQueen was the singer though :-\

Cool King
12-03-2012, 04:29 AM

Yeah.

Well, personally, I've never came across an advert advertising Fozzy and Jericho's name was visible. It just says "Fozzy".

Though maybe in North America or other parts of the world, Jericho's name might be mentioned but here in the UK, It's always just "Fozzy".

Cool King
12-03-2012, 04:30 AM
They're ok, I preferred it when Mongoose McQueen was the singer though :-\

Yeah, those were the days.

Though I wonder what McQueen is up to these days. Probably flipping burgers or something.

Tazz Dan
12-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Yeah.

Well, personally, I've never came across an advert advertising Fozzy and Jericho's name was visible. It just says "Fozzy".

Though maybe in North America or other parts of the world, Jericho's name might be mentioned but here in the UK, It's always just "Fozzy".

I was gonna be a dick and post the first poster that comes up when you google image search 'Fozzy tour poster' as it clearly states WWE Superstar (or something like that) Chris Jericho, but I love you too much.

Lavel
12-03-2012, 06:33 AM

They should of stayed a cover band.

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah.

Really? Because on TV they used to advertise Fozzy's appearances as featuring Chris Jericho before they stopped using the "Mongoose McQueen" monicker.

Maybe it does vary by country.

whiteyford
12-03-2012, 08:53 AM
It's not even a case of him being pictured either, it's just the Fozzy logo and tour dates.

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 11:07 AM
It's not even a case of him being pictured either, it's just the Fozzy logo and tour dates.
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/89/eddf77c06ab8443da6f54785899e5831/l.jpg

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Must just be an American thing.

whiteyford
12-03-2012, 11:15 AM
That's a rare instance then, from two years ago, any that I've seen have been the logo and local dates only.

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.krankamps.com/wp-content/uploads/FOZZYUKTourPoster.jpg

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Technically, this one only shows his back:

http://www.rocksins.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FozzyTheMadnessReturnsTour.jpg

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 11:25 AM
http://www.metal4all.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/23524_fozzysoundcheck.jpg

Technically just in-store signing...

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I suppose when they're opening for someone...

Cool King
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
http://www.krankamps.com/wp-content/uploads/FOZZYUKTourPoster.jpg

The one at The Cathouse was shit. The place was tiny, they ran out of beer before Fozzy even got on stage and the support were some shit band that played too long and just wouldn't leave the stage when Fozzy were due to come on.

I had to leave as Fozzy were still playing because of it, just so I wouldn't miss the last bus home.

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Apparently, Chris Jericho, Fozzy Frontman just isn't that engaging.

whiteyford
12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
All the ones I ever see are a couple inch write ups in amongst a couple dozen other bands, nine times out of ten in black & white. The only time it's ever made mention that he's a wrestler is if there happens to be a wrestling column in that newspaper/magazine that he's giving an interview too.

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 01:01 PM
All the ones I ever see are a couple inch write ups in amongst a couple dozen other bands, nine times out of ten in black & white. The only time it's ever made mention that he's a wrestler is if there happens to be a wrestling column in that newspaper/magazine that he's giving an interview too.

Or if they're at all noteworthy in the promotion.

Yeah, I suppose if there are fifty people on the bill, they're probably not showing Chris Jericho. But at that point, it's kinda worthless to even point it out.

But when they're actually promoted....

Droford
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
The band name death valley piledriver sounds like undertaker got a band too

Cool King
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM

I saw those guys when I went to see Fozzy for the very first time back in 2010. They were one of Fozzy's support acts and they were actually pretty good.

The lead singer went to the bar after the band had finished playing and I happened to be at the bar too and the lead singer got his drink and left a disk full of demo material of the band's music on the bar for the bar owner to keep. Probably so the owner could play it in the building during the day or something, but anyway, being slightly drunk, I picked up the disk and kept it for myself.

Good times. :y:

Kane Knight
12-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Sounds more like a mediocre uninspired metal or punk band. I don't know if that's true. It's just what it sounds like.