PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Would this be a good year for Kane to win the rumble?

Heyman
12-13-2012, 05:56 PM
DISCUSSION - Would this be a good year for Kane to win the rumble?

Since this is a down year for Wrestling anyways (in terms of catapulting new stars), I was wondering if it would be a good time to have Kane win the rumble and have him face and defeat Big Show at Mania. It definitely won't happen, but here is what I thought would be nice:

-Kane is the first entrant in the rumble and wins.
-Kane then announces that his last match will be at Mania'
-Kane goes on to face and defeat Big Show at Mania'
-After the match, everyone comes out and gives Kane a standing ovation a la Ric Flair style.
-Undertaker comes out and gives his props to Kane.

Kane retires as a World Champion.

It's definitely an unrealistic scenario but I figured that it would be a terrific way to pay homage to a guy that has been a company guy for so long......and has probably wrestled more than Undertaker now (when you consider that Taker hasn't wrestled much these past few years).

I figured that if anyone is deserving of this, considering the sacrifices they've made for the company in terms of being a team player and putting guys over, it's Kane.

screech
12-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Every year is a good year for Kane to win everything.

Love that scenario. Some may want his last match to be against Taker, and if his last one is at any other PPV it probably should be, but I'd say Big Show would be the next in line.

bigslimjj
12-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Every year is a good year for Kane to win everything. This absoloutely. I would love for him to win the runble. He always dominates it anyway.

Jaded-Dragon
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I was thinking about this the other day.

What I would do is have Kane come out at number 14 or 15, the kicker being that no one up to that point had been eliminated yet. Lots of close calls, but no one has gone out. Then have Kane come out and dominate, eliminate 7 or 8 people off the bat and go on to win.

He definitely deserves to go out on top. He's been one of the best big men ever and he's been stuck in a lot of dead end angles over his career.

Nicky Fives
12-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Kane should never win Royal Rumble..... he should forever be known for having the most ever eliminations in one Rumble (13 in 2001).... Should Ryback be in the Rumble, I'd have him clean house and get like 6-7 guys out rather quickly, with the announcers mentioning Kane and his record, with Kane then eliminating him.....

Joesgonnakillyou
12-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Nah, Kane's an beloved upper mid carder don't spoil him by making him punch above his weight

The Condor
12-13-2012, 09:19 PM
I think it's not a bad idea, considering its the WHC and not THE top title, and he would retire afterwards. That's a very good, creative idea and its well deserved for this particular guy. Katie Vick, Isaac Yankem, Lita's miscarriage, teaming with X-PAC. This guy has taken many bullets for the WWE.

screech
12-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Gave out lots of Kane rep in this thread.

Curd
12-14-2012, 12:35 AM
If Ryback is awarded Rookie of the Year at the Slammy Awards, then it is only natural to continue this momentum by having him the Royal Rumble. If not, then WWE may as well give Kane a last hurrah with "Royal Rumble Winner" as one of his achievements. It's more fitting than having Kane win King of the Ring, anyway.

Saving Grace
12-14-2012, 02:17 AM
I would have had him win the rumble after he made his comeback the year he returned and beat the crap out of the Un-Americans. He came back in such great shape and was on fire as a face, only to JOB to Trips and never have the strap put on him. Winning the rumble would have had to happen that year. WWE missed the ball on that one in my opinion. More than likely its setting up for CM PUNK vs Rock or Cena/Rock/Punk for Triple Threat so likely a RAW guy won't be winning the RR. My money is on Randy Orton since he's in process of a heel turn, setting up him vs Sheamus for Mania.

Anybody Thrilla
12-14-2012, 02:27 AM
I like Kane. I really do. One of the best big men of all time. However, I'd rather get punched in the dick than have him win the Rumble.

Anybody Thrilla
12-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Just seems like a tremendous waste of time.

Saving Grace
12-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Come on ABT you know its gonna be a top draw that wins, Orton maybe even Cena

Anybody Thrilla
12-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Right, so why do you think it would be Kane?

Saving Grace
12-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Scroll up, I never said it would be Kane. They missed the ball on Kane winning the Rumble back in 2004 I believe when he came back under the 2nd mask. They didn't market him right at all and they just had him JOB out to Triple H. At the rate its going they want to buyrate Mania as big as it can be hence the Orton or Cena obvious win. If at a darkhorse win I'd say throw Ryback in there or Alberto Del Rio.

Anybody Thrilla
12-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Your tone in post 13 was a bit confusing, I must say. But yeah. It won't be Kane.

Fignuts
12-14-2012, 02:45 AM
No, what? This is awful.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-14-2012, 05:57 AM
I want him to at least get enough eliminations to break the Royal Rumble eliminations record. It's two for him to tie HBK and three to be the record holder.

mike adamle
12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
No, but if Big Show lost the WHC to Sheamus Sunday it'd be a good year for him to win the rumble

Jordan
12-14-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd love it, I was a big fan of Kane's latest main event run with the World Heavyweight Title, fantastic run that he deserved so much.

The idea you've come up with as you said is quite unrealistic, and I could see better ways to end Kane's career. I don't think he will or should get a "Wrestlemania" send off ala Ric Flair or HBK. However Kane winning the Rumble to challenge The Big Show for the WHC at Wrestlemania would interest me, especially if they gave it some kind of extreme stipulation. Kane could take the Championship and defend it for another 2-3 months before being challenged by The Undertaker in a match with the stipulation of career vs career, with The Undertaker coming out on top.

Kane retirement would somehow fit more to buffer the draw of a WWE B PPV for me than crammed into a stacked Wrestlemania card.

Kane can deliver as a heel or babyface as proven... if the WWE Tag Team Championship was his last title run then that would be okay, because he has made the absolute best of his character relationship with Daniel Bryan.

Saving Grace
12-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Well said Fragile X, I respect the way you delivered your opinion on that. I agree I don't think Kane going out with a Wrestlemania send-off is the way to do things. Not knocking anyone who is a Kane fan, his contributions to the WWE over the last 15 years has been great and I will have great memories of it. But Kane was and never will be a standout guy like a John Cena, Randy Orton, Ric Flair, Triple H, Undertaker, Rock, Austin etc. Those are the guys that have gotten and will get the Wrestlemania send offs. Has always been that way and probably as long as Vince has some control in the matter even though the company is moving more into Triple H's hands the send offs for the main spot guys will continue.

#1-norm-fan
12-14-2012, 12:52 PM
-Kane is the first entrant in the rumble and wins.

I wouldn't shit on the idea of Kane winning it too hard... but THIS is going a bit too far. lol

Emperor Smeat
12-14-2012, 01:34 PM
I'd say no but the idea of him having a send-off type moment for Mania would be a great idea.

I would let Kane get another 3-4 eliminations so he can break the all-time Rumble eliminations record as his biggest achievement similar to Taker having the streak as his.

Saving Grace
12-14-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm not keen on him breaking the all time record of eliminations. He has the most eliminations in one rumble ever, let him have that record. Leave HBK's most eliminations alone in my opinion. And honestly i was shocked when i found out that HBK had the most eliminations. Hands down i figured it would have been Austin.

Rock Bottom
12-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Ryback

???????????????????????? all else

Mr. Nerfect
12-14-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't mind the idea of Kane breaking HBK's record of most eliminations. He would then hold most career eliminations and most eliminations in one Rumble. Perfect for him. He doesn't need to win. I'd rather Daniel Bryan win it than Kane in 2013.