PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Spider-Man/Avengers Assemble

Kane Knight
12-21-2012, 10:29 PM
So...Ultimate Spider-Man's been out for a while now, so I'm wondering what people think. It's okay, but I'm still let down by the fact that it's not Spectacular Spider-Man. Still, it's got an amusing sort of charm to it.

On a similar note, I'm sort of skeptical about the upcoming Avengers Assemble. I haven't seen much info, but it looks like the cast and actors are changing pretty heavily. I get the whole "use the same actors in the various shows," but meh.

I'll probably like it well enough anyway, though. Enough to watch, at least.

Kalyx triaD
12-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Ultimate Spider-Man, I guess in the end I just can't hate any kind of Spidey.

The new will be an expansion of the Ultimate Spidey universe, but there's some great names behind it.

Kane Knight
12-23-2012, 01:33 AM
What great names are you referencing, specifically? I haven't been following much in the way of news.

USM is still pretty good. It's just SSM is a hard act to follow. Plus, some of the cutaways get pretty dumb.

Kalyx triaD
12-23-2012, 02:11 AM
I started looking at the cutaways in a Scrubs sense, then I got over it. There's actually a lot in common between JD and how Parker is usually depicted.

I looked it up and I confused the behind the scenes power with the Agents of SMASH cartoon (also in the Ultimate Spidey universe), with is head up by Paul fucking Dini.

They've only revealed cast members of the new Avengers toon.

dronepool
12-23-2012, 05:42 AM
I downloaded a few episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man after it came out and it was cheesy for the most part and I noticed it was Netflix so I watched more episodes and it's 'alright' but still cheesy and it's too kiddy orientated and I can't get into it. Not excited about 'Season 2' and will only check it out once it's on Netflix on a boring night, since not really worth streaming or downloading.

It has some okay moments, but I really wouldn't be proud to watch such a show and I have a hard time actually being into it. It's only decent because it features Spider-Man. I don't like teen Nova, teen Cage and White Tiger or whatever her name is.

So yeah, screw them for canceling Spectacular Spider-Man for this shitty show and screw them for canceling Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which was actually good for a probably a dumbed down version of "TeH AvENgers".

I hope nobody watches that new Avengers show so it does bad ratings.

Kalyx triaD
12-23-2012, 05:46 AM
These are likely hits, dude.

dronepool
12-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately they might be. At least I won't be contributing to their success. I hate the idea of taking what's good and reestablishing it "just because".

They actually had 3 good series and they had go and cancel them :-\

Kalyx triaD
12-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Sadly I'm used to it.

Ruien
12-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Loved Earth's Mightest Heroes. Only seen the two season on Netflicks, no idea if there are more, and I loved season two. I enjoy how there are multiple plots going on throughout the whole season which caused it to seem fresh. The last episode seemed thrown together but they did not throw away the main bad guy for season 3 so I was no that sad by it.

Kalyx triaD
12-28-2012, 10:33 AM
There is only two seasons.

Ruien
12-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Ya just read up on it. Just finished season 2 yesterday. This has become a lame day.

Kalyx triaD
12-28-2012, 10:44 AM
With any hope Avengers Assemble will be a worthy successor.

Triple Naitch
12-28-2012, 10:45 AM
I like USM. It's a refreshing take on the story.

Ruien
12-28-2012, 10:48 AM
USM has to many cut scenes for my liking.

Avengers Assemble should be decent enough. I don't see Wasp or Ant Man on the cover and that sucks.

Kalyx triaD
12-28-2012, 11:38 AM
The roster sticks close to the movie roster, with the addition of Falcon - which is kinda telling. That's not to say Hank and Jen won't show up, it's a still a cartoon where any number of cameos or additions can and will happen.