PDA

View Full Version : Which company did you like better before WWE took over?

John la Rock
05-11-2004, 04:19 PM
I'd say Vince McMahon and the WWF.

Awesome storylines Corporation/Ministry, Who hit Austin?. great rivalries Austin/McMahon, Rock/HHH, etc. Great matches Taker/Mankind, Rock/HHH., Rock/Austin, etc

Innovator
05-11-2004, 04:21 PM
I said ECW, because unlike most other wrestling companies, feuds and rivalries revolved around WRESTLING

Ferocious
05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
There is a reason That WCW and ECW don't exist anymore, the reason being.

WWF/WWE > WCW & ECW combined

at least it was during the attitude era and not counting the WCW cruiserweight division

Fryza
05-11-2004, 05:35 PM
WCW. It managed it's talents and matches in a way the WWF didn't. I prefered it to WWF, because Vince's federation was to gaudy and over-gimmicked for my tastes.

Nark Order
05-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Even though ECW was the most dangerous and didn't really think through alot of their giganticly suicidal high spots.... IMO it was the most entertaining.

Head
05-11-2004, 05:59 PM
ECW and WCW had their moments, but definatly WWF.

Ricky
05-11-2004, 06:03 PM
WWF

Lara Emily
05-11-2004, 06:04 PM
For the longest time ECW was no availble here, so all I had was WCW and WWF, I watched both religiously, Monday was Raw live, Tuesday afternoon was WCW taped, and Thursday was Thunder and Sat was WCW Satnight. Mever got into Sunday night Heat for some reason. Overall thpugh I'd say WCW was my fav, until I saw ECW.

The Ravishing One
05-11-2004, 06:19 PM
WWF (Vince McMahon) :y:

Nowhere Man
05-11-2004, 06:47 PM
WCW. I never really bought into the "sports-entertainment" crap that the Vinces (McMahon and Russo) pride themselves in so much. Sure, the booking was idiotic and the backstage politics were apalling, but WCW was the last true wrestling promotion, and their midcard matches were more often than not a load better than the main events on either show.

diamondcutter
05-11-2004, 08:44 PM
WCW. More wrestling-focused---until Russo showed up.

Bad Company
05-11-2004, 08:58 PM
WCW

MVP
05-11-2004, 08:59 PM
WWF Attitude. :cool:

Loose Cannon
05-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Even though ECW was the most dangerous and didn't really think through alot of their giganticly suicidal high spots.... IMO it was the most entertaining.

NICE AVATAR BUDDY. What makes you think there is room for two Legend Killers on this board. I suggest taking that out before I destroy you.

Nark Order
05-11-2004, 10:15 PM
NICE AVATAR BUDDY. What makes you think there is room for two Legend Killers on this board. I suggest taking that out before I destroy you.

Naw... It's only a matter of time before I kill your legacy anyways...

ItsTimeForAChange
05-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Although I always watched WWF/E, and my favorite wrestlers were there (except for RVD) I voted for ECW. Reason being, I never saw a dull ECW show, and RVD was/is the whole ****in' show.

Gone Mad
05-12-2004, 12:12 AM
For the time, ECW was the best. The not-ready-for-WWF/WCW-players were there and shined. Jerry Lynn,Tazz,and Lance Storm are 3 examples. Never boring, this group showed that anyone could be main-event material and make it work. Eddie G. and Dean Malenko's final ECW match is proof enough.

The Show Off
05-12-2004, 12:37 AM
I was always a World Championship Wrestling fan, mainly cause I grew up watching WCW before I ever set eyes on WWF.

When I was young to me the best faces were Sting, Lex Lugar, & Brian Pillman, rather then Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, & Randy Savage.

To me the besst heels were Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, & Nikita Kuloff, rather then The Undertaker, Jake Roberts, & Shawn Michaels

To me the best tag teams were Doom, The Steiners, & The Freebirds, rather then The Rockers, Legion of Doom, & Demolition...

You basically get my point. No matter how people said WCW got, I always thought it was the best promotion.

EazyMack
05-12-2004, 02:42 AM
WWF, but not to the point that I wanted to see it take over everyone else.