PDA

View Full Version : The Rock's Mania Madness!!!

ooTin
01-04-2013, 11:17 PM
The Rock gave a hint into plans for him regarding WrestleMania during an appearance at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour. Rock was promoting his upcoming series The Hero and discussed his appearance at WrestleMania, suggesting that an opponent is set and that the storyline will kick off on Monday.

Rock said, “The storyline will be that starting this coming Monday (on Raw), I’m gonna go back, and it’s going to be a big return. That will lead to, hopefully, what will be the biggest WrestleMania of all time at Giants Stadium.”

He added, “I will headline that show, with someone who I can’t say right now. We’ve got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all time. It’s going to be a hell of a thing.”

Whats gonna happen?

Droford
01-04-2013, 11:22 PM
He should have went full spoiler to piss off Vince and end up wrestling albert

Xero
01-04-2013, 11:28 PM
In the dark match.

Theo Dious
01-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Prior to the HOF ceremony.

Shadrick
01-05-2013, 01:06 AM
Rock VS 3MB. Book it, babyyyyy

Providence Peep
01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
"We’ve got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all time."

Isn't EVERY WrestleMania the "biggest WrestleMania of all time"? That's what we're told.

SNLfunnyguy
01-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Rock vs Primo

Fox
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Bunch of hyperbole.

Razzamajazz
01-05-2013, 01:46 PM
you mean wrestling isn't real?

Shadrick
01-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Seriously tho. Punk loses to Rock (possibly via interference), Punk wins the Rumble, faces Rock again at Mania.

Or.

Punk beats Rock. Rock comes in as number 30 in the rumble. Wins. Chooses to face Punk at Mania.

Or.

Punk loses to Rock (via Cena interference so he can get his rematch) except, Cena loses the Rumble so the plan backfires. Punk wins the Rumble. Cena is made special guest ref. Screws the Rock at Mania. Turns heel.

SNLfunnyguy
01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
I see Rock beating Punk and Cena winning the Rumble leaving us with Rock / Cena 2.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Seriously tho. Punk loses to Rock (possibly via interference), Punk wins the Rumble, faces Rock again at Mania.

Or.

Punk beats Rock. Rock comes in as number 30 in the rumble. Wins. Chooses to face Punk at Mania.

Both these make for an anti-climactic WrestleMania match. Rock winning the title is the big moment, not him making a defense at WrestleMania in a Royal Rumble rematch. There's no "oomph" to it and the peak would have happened at the Rumble.

Shadrick
01-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Both these make for an anti-climactic WrestleMania match. Rock winning the title is the big moment, not him making a defense at WrestleMania in a Royal Rumble rematch. There's no "oomph" to it and the peak would have happened at the Rumble.

The only reason I'd be inclined to disagree is because I don't see Rock winning the title as the big moment. It'd be different if this was a Ziggler, or Barrett, someones first title, but Rock is a 7 time champ (iirc). I get the allure of Rock coming back and winning the title being a big thing, but he's not going to be around, so a win at the Rumble and then a drop at Mania makes the most sense, business wise and talent wise. I imagine they'll attempt to make the moment bigger by adding a stip of some sort and I imagine the peak WONT happen at the Rumble, simply because I believe Rocks win might not be clean. A non-clean victory for Rock, an enraged Punk winning the Rumble and then absolutely LIVID his title reign was ended, leading to amazing promos and television could lead to an even bigger rematch at Mania if booked properly. I could totally see that as a possibility.

ace3025
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
What if......

In order to ensure he gets his revenge on Punk for Raw 1000, the Rock is actually behind the shield and Maddox's interfere? They come out seemingly to destroy the rock but turn on Punk because he was the start of the injustice because he weaseled out of the title match with Cena.

Rock has his "Hollywood" ref, and the shield protect him from anyone unworthy of a match. He could take the title and his protection to premiers, award shows, anywhere we goes and flaunt the title in front of media that otherwise ignores it.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2013, 05:19 PM
He'd be dropping it to a heel though. And Rock winning the title is only part of what would be the "big moment". Punk's reign coming to an end is HUGE. I agree that him winning it at the rumble and then dropping it back makes the most sense but doing both against Punk not so much. Doing it against Cena would be the bigger deal. As much as it would put Punk over to win the title back from Rock at Mania I can't see the big WM match being Rock losing the title back to a heel.

ace3025
01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
They could then have Ziggler be the saving grace. By having no one able to get through the shield, the WWE reluctantly turns to a man they don't fully trust or understand, but they're out of options and need someone hungry enough to leave it all on the line and that the rock couldn't possible have prepared for.
Ziggler wins at mania and the "show off" attitude takes on a whole new level!!

Shadrick
01-05-2013, 05:25 PM
He'd be dropping it to a heel though. And Rock winning the title is only part of what would be the "big moment". Punk's reign coming to an end is HUGE. I agree that him winning it at the rumble and then dropping it back makes the most sense but doing both against Punk not so much. Doing it against Cena would be the bigger deal. As much as it would put Punk over to win the title back from Rock at Mania I can't see the big WM match being Rock losing the title back to a heel.

True, that makes sense. I think part of me just doesn't wanna see Cena Vs. Rock AGAIN headlining a Mania, as I'm a big Punk mark and want him headlining it. It's definitely gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

I mean, we've seen Punk vs. Cena. We've Seen Rock Vs. Cena. We're going to see Punk Vs. Rock. It just seems like Punk HAS to main event mania this year. And it HAS to be with Rock. I hope this road to Mania will be a good one.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2013, 05:38 PM
As a guy who likes Cena and wants him to be treated better in the big picture and get a major win over The Rock I've actually gotten to the point where the predictable outcome of a Rock-Cena rematch woudn't really bother me so much. I'd like to see it. It would be a great feel-good moment for Cena and Rock can walk away (til next year) with a handshake and a "Well... you got me."

As for Punk, I really wanna see him kinda continue this little thing they started with him and Flair while still causing chaos after losing the title. That could lead to Triple H coming back to defend his company and defend Flair leading to a WrestleMania match. Plus you've got the built in story of Heyman and HHH from last summer. There'd be so many stories and I don't think Punk (w/ Heyman) vs HHH (w/ Flair) would be a "letdown" for Punk like a throwaway match outside the title picture would be. It would go a long way in solidifying him in the main event scene. Especially if he wins.

Lock Jaw
01-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Got pretty "down" today thinking about how Wrestlemania the past few years has had to rely on part timers and old wrestlers coming back to create that "big time" Mania feel.

That they can't create "big" Mania matches with their current regular roster is a worrisome thing.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
That they can't create "big" Mania matches with their current regular roster is a worrisome thing.

I know. It sucks.

That's what happens though when everyone on your main roster wrestles everyone else on your main roster constantly. There's no excitement to see two guys finally cross paths.

BigCrippyZ
01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I know. It sucks.

That's what happens though when everyone on your main roster wrestles everyone else on your main roster constantly. There's no excitement to see two guys finally cross paths.

It really is pretty sad and pathetic. Not too mention the writing is so terribly inconsistent and all over the map that feuds and storylines even for regular PPVs and weekly TV seem incredibly boring or meaningless.

James Steele
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
You are right. We should go back to jobber matches on RAW like the good ol' "Superstars of Wrestling" days.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
You really see no middle-ground between shows full of matches between the main guys and a show with nothing but jobber matches, do you?

whiteyford
01-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Reinforce the brand split.

James Steele
01-05-2013, 07:11 PM
You really see no middle-ground between shows full of matches between the main guys and a show with nothing but jobber matches, do you?

It isn't just main guys. WWE hasn't done as good of a job of building up the midcard as they are now in years. Of course, none of them are ready to be the main attractions of WrestleMania yet but in a couple of years they will be.

Savio
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Reinforce the brand split.
Also make 2 hour raws again, bring back HHH and turn John Cena heel.

James Steele
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
3 Hour RAWs are fine. If it wasn't for 3 hours, the tag division and undercard would only make TV on Main Event and Saturday Morning SLAM.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
The Rock vs Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett takes the WWE title to TNA.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Slapnuts.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2013, 07:41 PM
3 hour Raws are fine. They need to do a better job of building up anticipation for guys to face each other. And that includes not lazily just throwing them in meaningless tag matches to main event Raw because you can't think of any good way to build an intriguing story.

Shadrick
01-05-2013, 09:15 PM
3 hour Raws are fine. They need to do a better job of building up anticipation for guys to face each other. And that includes not lazily just throwing them in meaningless tag matches to main event Raw because you can't think of any good way to build an intriguing story.

Case in point, Sheamus Vs Punk on Main Event.

whiteyford
01-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Also make 2 hour raws again, bring back HHH and turn John Cena heel.

You forgot about bringing back the attitude era and kayfabe.

Bad News Gertner
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Rock beat Punk at the Rumble, faces Cena at Wrestlemania. Punk competes in the Wrestlemania Battle Royal pre-show and gets eliminated be Percy Watson.

Everybody wins in this scenario

Fox
01-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Punk beats Rock at the Rumble with the help of the Shield.

Cena wins the Rumble.

Rock wins the WWE Title in the Elimination Chamber.

Punk enacts his rematch clause for WrestleMania.

Punk versus Cena versus Rock at Mania. Punk wins.

VSG
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
I like that actually.

James Steele
01-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I think that would be good. Rock/Cena would be tough to watch because they completely drained everything they could do last year. Cena was the "underdog" last year, so it would just be a rehash of his pitch last year. I imagine Punk/Rock will go through a lot of material in next two months. There is enough of a unique dynamic if they had a 3 way that they could do something different.

Savio
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Case in point, Sheamus Vs Punk on Main Event.
Yeah but they did that because it was the first episode of the series.

Flash Funk
01-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Someone on here posted a pretty sweet scenario where The Rock would face HHH at Mania. I really like that idea.

Fox
01-06-2013, 11:18 PM
The way I see it is that they can't do Rock/Cena again without the public reaction being something along the lines of: "They did it last year and it wasn't that great." Plus, they majorly hyped the match as "Once in a Lifetime" (they made a DVD with the tag line, for Christ's sake), so to do it again would just be stupid. Not only that, but after everything he's done over the past calendar year, to leave CM Punk out of the main event of the biggest show of the year would be insanely "disrespectful."

They can't do Cena versus Punk - as great as that match might be, we've seen it too many times this year, Cena wouldn't be cheered as the major face in the match, and they simply can't have The Rock participate in WrestleMania without being in the main event.

Punk versus Rock could be great - in fact, I think, wrestling wise, it would be the best move to make (I'm very excited about their impending match at the Rumble). But there are issues. Like what do you do with Cena - the unquestionable number 1 face in the company? Sure, they could give him a match lower on the card against someone like Lesnar or Big Show, but that just doesn't seem fitting.

A triple threat makes the most sense. Cena and Punk both deserve the main event, and Rock brings the star power and extra buyrates just for being in the top match. Cena placates the kiddies, Rock brings the casual fans, and Punk brings the hardcore "wrestling fans" to the table. A triple threat main event at Mania is something we haven't seen in almost 10 years, and Benoit/HHH/HBK proved that it can be magical if it's done right.

I would want Punk to go over. A Cena victory would be meaningless - the guy has beaten everyone and he's had innumerable "big win" moments throughout his career. My scenario with Rock coming into Mania with the WWE Championship allows him to fulfill his promise to be the WWE Champion one more time, but for him to get a victory and a WrestleMania moment at this point in his "career" would be pointless.

A CM Punk victory, regaining his title after losing it at Elimination Chamber, would be the way it should go. After losing clean at Elimination Chamber, the self proclaimed "Best in the World" is humbled. Going into the match, he's almost a tweener - gone is the "I'm better than all of you because of my title reign" rhetoric, replaced with a focused internal fire and focus to regain his championship. Punk has proven that he's the Best in the World over the past year, and then he proves it again by beating two of the greatest of all time, the two who were so heavily hyped last year, in the ring on the biggest stage of them all. His win would almost be a face-turning moment, as I can see the fans in NJ cheering him on as he holds up his WWE Title with confetti falling and both Rock and Cena heading to the back.

Then the next night on RAW, when you think he's going to be face, he cuts a scathing heel promo about why he's the best in the world, etc, etc. Classic.

Ruien
01-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Ryback is going into the Rumble with the title dang it.

Impeccable
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Would anyone want to see Brock vs Rock at Wrestlemania?

On Raw, Rock gets involved with Punk and Heyman, possibly physically attacking Heyman.

At the Royal Rumble, Brock gets involved and costs The Rock his match with CM Punk and setting up the Wrestlemania match.

Of course, Ryback is also in the mix for a match against Lesnar, but I would have him in a lengthy feud with The Shield and have a three on one handicap match at WM, where he finally overcomes them.

#1-norm-fan
01-08-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't wanna see Rock vs Brock. They're better off splitting them into two major drawing points on the card and putting a couple full time guys in the spotlight by having them in the match.

Rock Bottom
01-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Ryback needs to get the WWE championship. Period.

It doesn't matter if it's through CM Punk, or The Rock, or John Cena, Ryback needs to win the title at Wrestlemania.

They put the brakes on him and his push, and I have no idea why on Earth.

James Steele
01-08-2013, 11:27 PM
...because he isn't ready? What does he do once he finally wins the title? Keep kicking ass until when? The money is always in the chase.

Rock Bottom
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
...because he isn't ready? What does he do once he finally wins the title? Keep kicking ass until when? The money is always in the chase.

It isn't about him being ready. It's about the other options being boring as fuck.

Keith
01-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Ryback should get the title once WrestleMania is over. Perhaps he gets a summer run with the belt.