PDA

View Full Version : I saw Brand New last night

packt up
05-12-2004, 10:14 AM
They were supporting Incubus. I got to go for free too because one of my friends was originally going and then his friend pulled out :D. Feel like I should pay something though now :$.

Anyway I see Brand New mentioned quite a lot around here and I was like hey I know them...kinda. They were pretty good not really my kind of music though to be honest - there were about 20 ppl going berserk for them though. I don't really know how big a following they have in the UK. I only knew like 5 Incubus songs too but at least they played them :). So yeah just thought I'd mention that *shrug*

Danny Electric
05-12-2004, 11:18 AM
I was at the same gig, amazing. Brand New played a great set and Incubus played most of what I wanted them too.
Third time I've seen Brand New now and they get better evey time, I was worried how they would sound in an arena but it sounded great.
Incubus were brilliant, Brandon's voice was great. Jose's drum solo was amazing, really tight, sounded brilliant. They played Summer Romance :love: and Idiot Box too. I was happy they played quite a few songs off SCIENCE. Anyway I got to see my favourite band live so I'm happy.

packt up
05-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah I was a bit worried when the lights died during Brand New's set looked quite terminal but happily all was well!

Hadn't heard any Incubus till October. I marked out for Certain Shade of Green personally, and Are You in to finish cos thats my friends favourite song and he's obviously a way bigger than me :). The drum solo was cool particularly when it involved the singer and bassist (yeah I don't know their names) too. Milkshake was a funny addition too. :)

Danny Electric
05-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah I was a bit worried when the lights died during Brand New's set looked quite terminal but happily all was well!

Hadn't heard any Incubus till October. I marked out for Certain Shade of Green personally, and Are You in to finish cos thats my friends favourite song and he's obviously a way bigger than me :). The drum solo was cool particularly when it involved the singer and bassist (yeah I don't know their names) too. Milkshake was a funny addition too. :)

Lol, yeah milkshake. It was bad when the lights turned off, I was like wtf. The lighting was great for Incubus with those glitter effects. Beautiful.

deathtrap
05-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Incubus is one band which, try as I might, I cannot gert into at all.

They only have one good song I think. Are You In?

FakeLaser
05-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Brand New is the greatest live band I've seen. Incubus is my favorite band of all time. WHY CAN'T BN SUPPORT INCUBUS ON THE US TOUR?!?!?

fonzy
05-12-2004, 05:43 PM
<center><font color="#0080FF" face="Arial" Size="2">brand new were awesome.

i was right near the front for them, singing/shouting every single word. pretty damn good set list too, seeing as they had limited time.

incubus were pretty cool. though a bit boring at times. especially that long-ass guitar thing before the encore. :|

no stellar or pardon me wasn't cool either.</font>

The Outlaw
05-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Incubus is the shit

Brand New are alright as well so Im sure it was a good concert :love:

Dazz
05-12-2004, 07:50 PM
I hope they played Failure By Design but more importantly Seventy times seven.

They are the only two Brand New songs I know, and Seventy Times Seven is off the hook.

Triple A
05-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Brand New is awful in concert. Seen them like 3 or 4 times. I don't remember.

Back before Deja Entendu, they were great in concert. Lots of energy and stuff. But now they wear suits and don't move or anything. Sucks dick.

FakeLaser
05-12-2004, 10:54 PM
They were great and energetic when I saw them at Skate and Surf this year.

packt up
05-12-2004, 11:37 PM
<center><font color="#0080FF" face="Arial" Size="2">
incubus were pretty cool. though a bit boring at times. especially that long-ass guitar thing before the encore. :|

no stellar or pardon me wasn't cool either.</font>

Ha yeah I was like bored by that guitar thing a bit so I was texting a friend during most of that cos like all the audience were just standin around.

packt up
05-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Incubus is the shit

Brand New are alright as well so Im sure it was a good concert :love:

:love:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WISH YOU WERE HEREEEEEEEEEEE

packt up
05-12-2004, 11:39 PM
They were great and energetic when I saw them at Skate and Surf this year.

Hmmm yeah they seemed quite energetic last night. Definitely the lead guitarist anyway didn't notice much movement from the bassist thought :$.

Danny Electric
05-13-2004, 12:02 AM
Brand New were energetic, they've been great everytime I've seen them live. The guitarist throwing his guitar in the air was awesome, good that he caught it. They did play seveny times seven, The Quiet Things sounded great and so did Jude Law and A Semester abroad.
Incubus made me happy, they played Idiot Box and Summer Romance. Are You In sounded beautiful too with the keyboard.

The Outlaw
05-13-2004, 12:57 AM
:love:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WISH YOU WERE HEREEEEEEEEEEE

:heart: :kiss:

mitchables
05-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Wow Trips, you must have gone to one of their crappier shows. Ammit and I saw them twice in Melbourne on consecutive nights (first night supporting Blink, second night by themselves in a small venue) and they were fu</>cking amazing. They didn't wear suits and not move or whatever, they were dressed normally, Jesse threw his guitar around, <s>High Guy</s> Vinnie spun his guitar around his body and threw it up in the air a couple of times, the bassist and drummer just rocked hardcore the whole time. They were just awesome live. At the second show Kirst and I were right near the front, like 3 metres away from the stage. It was nothing short of brilliant, seriously.

Triple A
05-13-2004, 02:54 AM
Jesse Lacey looked like a ****ing egotistical asshole in his suit. I wanted to punch him in the face.

mitchables
05-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Jesse Lacey looked hot in a t-shirt and jeans. :love:

Triple A
05-13-2004, 03:09 AM
Also, in the span of time we saw them, I think he just broke his leg or some shit, so that might have been it.

mitchables
05-13-2004, 03:17 AM
That could have had a huge influence on his inability to move, yes. :p

Poet
05-13-2004, 05:04 PM
I <3 Emo & Incubus. :)

FakeLaser
05-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Jesse is mad egotistical but he's the man anyway.