PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Warriors

Kane Knight
05-12-2004, 01:49 PM
...Is getting panned by a lot of people for being a Dynasty Warriors clone with a Japanese skin.

I like th game. It features a lot of improvements.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-12-2004, 02:01 PM
I'll rent it sooner or later. Dynasty Warriors is a hella addicting game, and I"m hoping this is the same ( but better obviously.)

Kane Knight
05-12-2004, 02:07 PM
The major gripe is that the seige levels, where you have to go through a major battle, and THEN go througha castle stage, can be annoying.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I also here the characters can be customized more than the standard leveling up in DW???

Kane Knight
05-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah, the way you level depends largely on how you complete a mission. You get ratings for speed, completeion (I don't know what this means), Musou KOs, Item gathering, and shit like that. There's also an overal rank.

I don't totally know how it works, but that's the general gist. I just wish my horsemanship ranks would stop going up. :mad: I have enough! I barely ever fight on horse!

LoDownM
05-12-2004, 03:27 PM
I like it :-\

Sephiroth
05-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Don't know it, but i like samurai games. So i think i am going to rent it soon.

Kane Knight
05-12-2004, 03:35 PM
I like it :-\
Me too. Though i wish I had known what I was doing in the first castle. First timethrough, it took forever.

Kane Knight
05-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Don't know it, but i like samurai games. So i think i am going to rent it soon.
You a fan of the DW series?

Kane Knight
05-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Also, the CAW system looks like it's been improved, but I didn't really play around with it, so I don't know how much.

LoDownM
05-13-2004, 03:36 AM
The whole "train to get your base stats" is cool and all. But I wish you could save during the training and trails, not just after it.

Kane Knight
05-13-2004, 03:38 AM
Haven;t tried it.

LoDownM
05-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Well, it only takes like 15 minutes so try it.

But in 15 minutes, the power could go out, your ps2 could break, the game could freeze(like it did when my roomate was playing), etc. Thats were the whole, only saving at the end thing comes in.

Kane Knight
05-13-2004, 03:50 AM
We had the game glitch at the end of the first castle. Considerind how much time it took us the first time through the castle, I was mad pissed. I can imagine the same would apply to the mode.

Kane Knight
05-22-2004, 03:19 AM
Uggggggggg.

I tried the new officer mode a couple of days ago.

Man, that is mad frustrating. One mistake can really dick you, so I can imagine getting up to the end and the power going out or some such would really be a bitch.

It's also frustrating. I went into the final test having rested prior, so I shoulda been at full health, or so I thought. I loaded up with only a fraction of my health bar. I got assraped in the melee mode, and because of that, I didn't get in. The other challenge was musou, and even without having tried it before, I got 70 pts...Not enough to get over 100 (Thanks to said assrapage). Mad frustrating. A save feature would be nice.

Kane Knight
05-22-2004, 03:23 AM
On the other hand, the game is awesome overall. I don't play the (Splat) Warriors games for CAW, so I'm not totally disappointed or anything.

Ironically, if they developed a real CAW mode with a lot of options and shit, I'd prolly be chomping at the bit for more...

Requiem
05-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Is it anything like the Onimusha series?

Kane Knight
05-22-2004, 01:33 PM
It's more like Dynasty Warriors.

I suppose you could compare it to Onimusha, except it's more a beat-em-up styled game, with a less annoying control scheme and such (I hate the tank controls).

What Would Kevin Do?
05-23-2004, 02:55 AM
It's a totally different game. The only thing close to Onimusha is the inclusion of Nobunaga.

Kane Knight
05-23-2004, 03:52 AM
And both involve actual history to an extent, both involve Samurai and superhuman abilities (Granted, one is Musou, and the other is Oni spirits and zombies), stuff like that.

Also, both are based on a mechanics system from another game (Resident Evil for Onimusha, Dynasty Warriors for SW), but that's not the kind of comparison that's really valid here....:D

Arashi Kage
05-23-2004, 09:50 PM
I was never really into Dynasty Warriors, my bro was mad crazy about it and played all of them. I only ever saw #4, didn't even play it, however, rented Samurai Warriors last night and I really enjoyed it. Didn't play any SP, but played split screen. The draw distance on split screen is so short sometimes, lol.

Kane Knight
05-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, the Draw distance is a bitch. You also tend to lose the important people in the middle of a couple hundred bad guys.

Only for them to come back and beat you up after you just slashed through 'em.