PDA

View Full Version : Jack Swagger: What's Next and WWE Wellness Policy??

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal.

B. FOR POSITIVE MARIJUANA DRUG TESTS

In the event of any positive test for marijuana, the WWE Talent shall be fined Two Thousand Five Hundred US Dollars ($2,500.00) per positive test, which shall be deducted from the WWE Talent's downside guarantee.

C. FOR POSITIVE ALCOHOL SUBSTANCE TESTS

In the event of a positive test for alcohol, the WWE Talent shall be fined Two Thousand Five Hundred US Dollars ($2,500.00) per positive test, which shall be deducted from the WWE Talent's downside guarantee.

So with Jack Swagger's recent arrest, i've seen him successfully appear on television consecutively on both Raw and Smackdown since being incarcerated for his DUI, speeding, and possession of Marijuana violation.

I remember when Sabu and RVD got picked up and arrested in Michigan in 2006. RVD for possession of Marijuana and Sabu for cocaine if I do remember correctly (anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong). Sabu got 1st violation and a 30 day suspension. RVD got jobbed out on both the WWE and ECW Title in less than 48 hours and took a 30 day suspension as well. Randy Orton has also served a 30 day suspension as well, and Rey Mysterio has served a 30 and 60 day suspension.

So what's the deal with Jack Swagger? The WWE is still apparently building to him vs ADR for the WHC as the undercard title match of Mania and yet I've seen no reports filed that Swagger has been tagged for fine or suspension.

Per WWE's Wellness policy in section 14 and 15 which I quoted above, he can actually be immediately terminated from his contract for the arrest. He can also be fined for the marijuana, cause it not like its obligatory that if they dropped him for a test, he would be hot.

So yet no violations have been issued from what I have read or seen, and WWE has made it a public purpose in the past that every wellness policy violation has been posted on their website, from the Sabu and RVD incident, the Rey Mysterio, the Randy Ortion, and Evan Bourne violations.

So why is Swagger getting perferential treatment it would seem, and what does this hold for his status with WWE?

What does this say about the administering of WWE's Wellness Policy and future violations and its effectiveness? Is it a joke policy to be enforced selectively and randomly and to keep the fed's off their butts post Beniot incident?

Your thoughts and feelings?

whiteyford
03-03-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd imagine they're waiting till after he's convicted or whatever, still technically innocent until then right?

whiteyford
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
They've also set the precedent that pissing hot for weed is just a fine, RVD & Sabu had pills without a prescription when they were busted, it's only if the weed busts mount up they seem to do anything more.

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Section 14 of the policy states "any wwe talent who is arrested, convicted, or admits to violation of the law" regarding drug related offenses though Whitey....technically yes innocent till provent guilty but based on the policy he breached his WWE contract. I work in a business based on contracts and subcontractors and anyone who is found in breach of contract, the company terminates their working agreement with said subcontractor or compnay. Why any different than a normal company or any other professional sport.

whiteyford
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
It would cause a bigger shitstorm publicity wise if they released him before he was convicted, they've set the precedent in the past with a multitude of other wrestlers/divas where nothing happened from this kinda thing, half the roster should technically have been fired for DUIs and minor infractions already.

CSL
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
they aren't a normal company and it's not a professional sport. Plus Van Dam had pills, Swagger is "homegrown talent" etc

erickman
03-03-2013, 02:22 PM
he will probly get jobed out after wrestlemania

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:22 PM
weren't both of Randy Orton's violations for marijuana as well? I know he and Evan Bourne both love to pmoke sot

whiteyford
03-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Orton got picked up for the online Pharmacy sting I think, second one wasn't made public but I could be wrong.

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:27 PM
are you talking about that big online pharmacy shit that doctor got convicted for which had names like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Masters, Benoit, him and Batista to name a few? Or a different deal?

whiteyford
03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Think it was the same one, Edge/Umanga/Rey all got picked up with it as well.

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I could be wrong but I think Randy Ortion has a 1 strike suspsenion, thinking about it just now I think his other suspension was for behavior/conduct and being reprimanded for a pissy attitude backstage and what not.

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:35 PM
The military is full of faggot pussies

you can thank Obama for that one I do believe since he repealed the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Even the straight ones are bitches

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't exactly call the Marine Corps a bunch of pussies or anyone in Army Ranger Corps or Special Forces...

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Fake tough guys liike MMA fans

Triple Naitch
03-03-2013, 02:42 PM
It's their own wellness policy. They can do whatever they want with it.

Saving Grace
03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
It's their own wellness policy. They can do whatever they want with it.

I don't disagree, I just think they should enforce it equally which given the current incident with Swagger, that is not the case.

whiteyford
03-03-2013, 02:59 PM
But it is, nobody else has been released for what he's done.

erickman
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
But it is, nobody else has been released for what he's done.

i kind of see him going down the same road ken kennedy went down, you know ho many pushes he screwed up.

whiteyford
03-03-2013, 03:21 PM
He's definitely fucked himself over, there's no way he's winning the belt now but I don't think his jobs in any danger, he'll lose and get jobbed out, maybe take a suspension after Mania, but he's not done anything countless others have done and walked away from.

erickman
03-03-2013, 03:38 PM
yeah wwe will keep him so he won't get in a fued with kurt angle in tna.

Wishbone
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Surprised that he didn't get reprimanded for the whole ordeal, but can't say I'm disappointed. Been loving Swagger's character to death recently and honestly wouldn't want him gone from TV just yet. Really I almost hope he still wins the title cause there's a lot of fun to be had with the militant tea party thing.

Tommy Gunn
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't like the formatting in the first post, I feel like I'm reading an e-fed promo from the late nineties.

Ruien
03-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Pretty sure Fox News saved Jack Swagger.

Heisenberg
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Wrestlemania build > Rule book

James Steele
03-03-2013, 04:57 PM
It's just pot. The DUI is probably the far more concerning issue.

Ultra Mantis
03-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Reports say he hadn't been drinking, he was off his tits on wacky backy while driving which is still classed as DUI in whatever state it was.

Alex Riley had a drink driving arrest when he wasn't up to much then went on to get a push over a Wrestlemania main eventing Miz. The only acknowledgement they had about it on TV was CM Punk calling him a douchebag, so a depush for Swags after Mania isn't a forgone conclusion.

Ultra Mantis
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
That post is so Mancuniun when I read it back, probably should have worked in a combination of mad for it / mint / sound / 'ave it into there somehow.

erickman
03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
well alex riley has been dead man walking since he was caught drunk driving, i think i saw him once on tv in 6 months.

Ultra Mantis
03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Nah, it was way before that. He was still with Miz and CM Punk was a commentator at the time. He only got taken off TV after that whole Swagger gutwrench powerbomb mess.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, Riley didn't really suffer much at all from his DUI bust. It was prior to him accompanying The Miz into the main event of WrestleMania, sparring with Stone Cold and turning face and beating The Miz at consecutive PPVs.

Fox
03-03-2013, 07:14 PM
The pot bust of Swagger was borderline enough for WWE to make a decision about whether to move forward with him or to pull him from the World Title match with Del Rio. Wouldn't have been hard to book someone to go over Swagger on Smackdown with a WM World Title stipulation. We all saw how quickly they dumped the championships off of RVD when he got busted.

I think that the situation with Glenn Beck and CNN and the amount of press that was getting is ultimately what saved Jack Swagger. Publicity like that prior to WrestleMania can only be good for business. Inquiring fans might look into WWE because of the Beck/Swagger/Colter situation, but they might stay for Lesnar and Rock, and tune in to WrestleMania.

I can see Swagger winning the World Title at Mania. He's hot right now and his gimmick is fresh - something desperately needed in the upper mid-card division of the WWE right now.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I would not be shocked to see Swagger win the World Title either, to be honest. I doubt he'll get more than few months as champion (which is plenty for the gimmick), but when a face does eventually beat him, it would also be a heat-machine for Ziggler to cut their run short by cashing in on them.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
After going over Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara in matches, I think it would actually make a really great story for Kofi Kingston to rise against Swagger and talk about the opportunities America gives. Basically as a babyface immigrant against Swagger's xenophobic heel. I could see the WWE giving that spot to Sheamus, though. Wade Barrett turning face and challenging Swagger would certainly be...interesting. Barrett's got the mic skills to pull off the angle.

Curd
03-04-2013, 12:42 AM
It would cause a bigger shitstorm publicity wise if they released him before he was convicted, they've set the precedent in the past with a multitude of other wrestlers/divas where nothing happened from this kinda thing, half the roster should technically have been fired for DUIs and minor infractions already.

QFT. Sensation-seeking individuals such as pro wrestlers are more inclined to be busted for impulsive law violations. "Subject to dismissal" has been shown to mean "may be dismissed but not required to be dismissed" in the WWE context.

Vastardikai
03-04-2013, 01:36 AM
I will say this: If it were Zack Ryder, he would have been wished well in all his future endeavors.

Tommy Gunn
03-04-2013, 04:32 AM
I doubt Swagger will go over at WM because of this; it would be seen as rewarding bad behaviour. So essentially, the two main title matches we already know the winners. So long, suspense.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-04-2013, 06:49 AM
you can thank Obama for that one I do believe since he repealed the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.

Obama repealing DADT turned people gay? Fuck you and get the fuck out of here with that shit.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Pretty sure Fox News saved Jack Swagger.

This and Glenn Beck.

DAMN iNATOR
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
I remember when Sabu and RVD got picked up and arrested in Michigan in 2006.

Yeah...they were arrested in Ohio, not in Michigan.

Saving Grace
03-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah...they were arrested in Ohio, not in Michigan.

Thank you for the correction, i wasn't exactly sure what state it was, maybe they were on their way to a show in michigan perhaps that is what I got it confused with.

mike adamle
03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I've been wondering if they should stick Jack Swagger with a new name and gimmick. Jack Jaggers, son of wrestling legend Bobby Jaggers.