PDA

View Full Version : The Zelda timeline

Savio
03-06-2013, 03:52 PM
http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-post-images/iclht4.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1325103546611

Ok I get both timelines under "The Hero is Successful" but where does the timeline for "The Hero is Defeated" come from? When was link ever defeated in Ocarina of Time?

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm thinking the fact that Link technically left for nearly a decade and that timeline is if Link were never to return.

I'd go as far as to say Ganondorf had a perfect plan the heroes had to 'cheat' to overcome.

Poit
03-06-2013, 07:40 PM
It looks like there are multiple possible timelines, and one of them is a timeline where Link was defeated in OoT.

Emperor Smeat
03-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Think the Hyrule Historia book references or explains the "defeated" timeline although its basically any moment where Link fails in OoT triggers that timeline.

Either by Link dying at any point in OoT, Ganon discovers where he is hidden and kills him, Ganon triggers an event that causes Link to never leave the Chamber, or Ganon kills him during their fight at the end of the game.

Also its the only point in the timeline where Ganon has all three triforce pieces which is why the Sealing War occurs next.

Theo Dious
03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah, the "defeated" timeline just says "Link is not successful." Doesn't go into detail as to how he failed.

Savio
03-06-2013, 10:54 PM
But in order for that timeline to happen wouldn't "Ganondorf Sealed" then be impossible?