PDA

View Full Version : Feed Ryback

Big Vic
03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
...to Mark Henry. I think if they wanted to do anything big with Ryback back they missed their boat. Henry has so much more heat going for on for him and after Ryback has been getting OWNED he no longer has that monster feel.

XCaliber
03-19-2013, 10:13 AM
His record at PPV's has been horrible as of late so i'd say no.

Shisen Kopf
03-19-2013, 10:14 AM
THE RYBACK should never be jobbed. How dare you think that!

Savio
03-19-2013, 10:32 AM
His record at PPV's has been horrible as of late so i'd say no.
Which is why that ship has sailed?

Ruien
03-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Ship has not arrived yet. This is when his real push starts.

Joesgonnakillyou
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Really,they should feed The Shield to him, but they decided to pull this Henry feud from out of nowhere so he'll have to do.

Fignuts
03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Split that fuckin wig, son.

James Steele
03-19-2013, 12:56 PM
They decided not to feel The Shield to him because The Shield is now more over than Ryback. Ryback will be fine and needs to get over without the "unstoppable undefeated monster" gimmick.

James Steele
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Ryback is still a monster and over, he just isn't using the crutch of being undefeated. There is only so much steam you can build. Eventually, you have to face adversity.

XL
03-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Ryback is pretty over as it is. His narrow losses have done little to curb his momentum.

James Steele
03-19-2013, 01:20 PM
And they have avoided the Goldberg conundrum.

Rollermacka
03-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Ship has not arrived yet. This is when his real push starts.

Is it a ship, or is he waiting for a boat.....
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkzw5sgCNA1qcyw7ro1_500.png

Skippord
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
as Mark Henry is a zillion times better than Ryback obviously Mark Henry should eat Ryback

Supreme Olajuwon
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Love that Ryback should be jobbed because he lost his momentum and he should job to the guy who fathered a hand on national tv.

If Mark Henry has taught us anything it's that you can always get your momentum back.

JKWJRMON
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Once Ryback lost his win streak and lost to CM Punk, he was done.

Curd
03-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Let's not throw the Ry-Baby out with the Ry-Bath Water yet!

Savio
03-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Love that Ryback should be jobbed because he lost his momentum and he should job to the guy who fathered a hand on national tv.

If Mark Henry has taught us anything it's that you can always get your momentum back.
ITS MAKE IT OR BREAK IT time for Ryback as of right now he should lose to the WORLDS STRONGEST MAN.

Droford
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Ryback is the Worlds Hungriest Man

Emperor Smeat
03-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Ryback shouldn't lose at Mania unless the WWE gave up on pushing him as the potential next top star.

Ryback's problem was they rushed him into the main event not because he was ready but because Vince/WWE scrambled to find someone quick without any real long term plans once Cena got hurt.

Same for his feud with the Shield since the WWE was stuck between not letting the Shield be ruined if they were squashed too early (ala Nexus) and letting Ryback dominate since it would most likely mean he's back into the main event scene too early again.

road doggy dogg
03-19-2013, 08:50 PM
I can't fucking stand Ryback. Feed him a truck full of AIDS.
crossrine

Innovator
03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Everyone should be fed to Mark Henry. Everyone.

Theo Dious
03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
This whole match is about getting Ryback an actual high-profile win after all his losses.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Funny how Mark Henry is now considered a monster. I'm sure there are many who thought he'd be fired once his first 11 year contract expired.

I don't like Ryback so I choose Henry. I don't think Ryback is anything special nor the next face of the WWE.

Savio
03-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Henry hasn't lost since he came back, Ryback is cold right now

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 12:47 AM
People bitch about the company not making new stars. Don't see how RYBACK losing accomplishes this.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 01:22 AM
I'd like to see THE RYBACK get his own sitcom where he is the manager of an all you can eat buffet. Heath Slater can be the cook. Hilarity would follow.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-20-2013, 01:47 AM
People bitch about the company not making new stars. Don't see how RYBACK losing accomplishes this.

Got it. You want the Shield to beat Big Show, Randy Orton and Sheamus at WrestleMania.

MoFo
03-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Let Henry go on a year tear to build up to HENRY VS TAKER II @ Mania 30.

Rybcak needs to go back to crushing vanilla midgets.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Got it. You want the Shield to beat Big Show, Randy Orton and Sheamus at WrestleMania.

I said "talent". Not 3 vanilla midgets who won't draw a dime.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-20-2013, 02:18 AM
You watch what you say about Roman Reigns, saviour of the spear and glorious mane like hair.

whiteyford
03-20-2013, 02:21 AM
You've got him confused with future HOFer Bo Dallas.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm gonna punch you right in the shnoz whiteyford

whiteyford
03-20-2013, 02:29 AM
I will have Bo Dallas teach me his unstoppable spear and get his spare glove and meet you at a predesignated place for fisticuffs.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Ryback is a potential face of the company. No one in The Shield can be the face of the company. Jobbing him out to them did not help their cause. It only fucked up Ryback. It was retarded.

Mark Henry didn't even get a proper chance to recover from his last "I'm a monster, now I'm shit" era enough to be legit again. Ryback should win. And it will be a fine moment. They'll still have a ways to go before they can recover from the awful booking they've laid on him

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Heath Slater has already taught me The Smash Hit, which will counter your vicious spear.

whiteyford
03-20-2013, 02:41 AM
So you admit it's vicious!

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 02:42 AM
Ryback is a potential face of the company. No one in The Shield can be the face of the company. Jobbing him out to them did not help their cause. It only fucked up Ryback. It was retarded.

Mark Henry didn't even get a proper chance to recover from his last "I'm a monster, now I'm shit" era enough to be legit again. Ryback should win. And it will be a fine moment. They'll still have a ways to go before they can recover from the awful booking they've laid on him

Ryback should have won the title at HITC if they were serious about pushing him. Said it from the beginning. All these screw job losses or taking the fall in 6 man tags have done zero to help him. Love him or not, he was extremely over during the summer and the WWE pissed it away because they went into a panic when Cena got hurt.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 02:43 AM
So you admit it's vicious!

Not vicious enough one man band: The Gertner Project Experience.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 02:47 AM
They need to push THE RYBACK and his big hungry gimmick like crazy. After WM he can challenge the other sports entertainers to eating contests. He will win all of them and on July 4th (USA #1) he can enter the hotdog eating contest and become the biggest star in competitive eating since that jap if he wins. Then he'll beat Undertaker at WMXXX and become the greatest of all time.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Ryback should have won the title at HITC if they were serious about pushing him. Said it from the beginning. All these screw job losses or taking the fall in 6 man tags have done zero to help him. Love him or not, he was extremely over during the summer and the WWE pissed it away because they went into a panic when Cena got hurt.

His overness level when he started that Punk feud was nuts. Like nothing we've seen in YEARS. He had all the momentum in the world. He was the next mega-star waiting to be made. And they fucked it up royally. It was ridiculous.

I don't even think he needed to win the title. The direction they've gone with the title is fine. Jobbing him out for almost half a year consecutively though is just a ridiculous example of WWE having no fucking clue how to build a new star.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 02:49 AM
I agree with hashtag wwf fan. Must be a real life "nature boy" wooooooooooooooo!

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Woo

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 02:51 AM
That's not how it's done. Put some effort into it. Like this: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Woooooo

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Nope, still not getting it. Need more WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not wooo. Are you a fan of rasslin or what?

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:03 AM
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/c9VDOw7gXgo/mqdefault.jpg

?

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:03 AM
His overness level when he started that Punk feud was nuts. Like nothing we've seen in YEARS. He had all the momentum in the world. He was the next mega-star waiting to be made. And they fucked it up royally. It was ridiculous.

I don't even think he needed to win the title. The direction they've gone with the title is fine. Jobbing him out for almost half a year consecutively though is just a ridiculous example of WWE having no fucking clue how to build a new star.

That's what happens though when you book yourself in a corner. They put him in a world title match on a ppv straight out of squashing jobbers, and they had no intention of taking the belt off Punk, and with the Rock coming and Cena recovering they basically shot their load for one PPV. It was ridiculous. Then you have him job to a group of guys who are U.S Title contenders at best.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:04 AM
And I RARELY bash the booking in the WWE because I think it's annoying, but come on.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 03:05 AM
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/c9VDOw7gXgo/mqdefault.jpg

?

5/10 at best

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:06 AM

You don't need to make new stars. You have the greatest star of all time in Mark Henry.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:08 AM
Lol I love Mizark but he's on his last legs

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:10 AM
And I RARELY bash the booking in the WWE because I think it's annoying, but come on.

You should bash the booking in WWE. It's generally awful. How Ryback has been handled is just one of the more glaring examples.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:12 AM
The booking is bad, but I think part of it is guys like Cesaro and Ziggler aren't stars. I'll say this, it's much improved this past year compared to years past.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:13 AM
It has. But pushing guys who aren't stars is kinda bad booking. If you try to push guys who don't have it and then forget about them in a couple months and move on, that's just shit booking.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 03:15 AM
I think Ziggler could be a main eventer but they always bury him whenever he gets some momentum. Curses on you WWE

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:16 AM
The only thing about mark Henry that ages is his hairline.

In the year 6285, Mark Henry will be bald, but otherwise as fit as a spring chicken.

Although some of his ominous presence might get lost without the dreads. He's like a fat predator comin at ya. That's hella scary.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Pushing a guy like The Miz to the point where he's winning the WWE Title match in the main event of WrestleMania and then saying "Alright, moving on..." and having him be pretty irrelevant is a waste of a WrestleMania main event to help make a star and shit booking.

Having Dolph Ziggler win MITB, beat JOHN FUCKING CENA in the main event of a PPV and then following it up by forgetting about him for 3 months is bad booking.

There is no concept of momentum at all.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:17 AM
It has. But pushing guys who aren't stars is kinda bad booking. If you try to push guys who don't have it and then forget about them in a couple months and move on, that's just shit booking.

You gotta push somebody

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:18 AM
Then you need to at least stick with it. Like I said, no one ever gets any momentum.

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:19 AM
That's kind of what you get when you get sitcom writers to pen the shows instead of people who actually know a thing or two about wrestling.

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:23 AM
Fucking retarded that they don't use heyman creatively. I remember when wwecw first came out, that one hour was better than anything on raw or smackdown, and it was all booked by heyman. Even the dreamer/sandman vs test/Knox feud was good.

Then they ditched heyman, shoved black lesnar down our throats and ruined the whole thing. Fuckers.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:26 AM
Heyman understands the concept of building a character at least. It's really not that difficult. But apparently the current writers don't get it.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:32 AM
There's a few I'd push heavily. The Prime Time Players could become a HUGE face tag team. They both have charisma, especially Titus, and it'd appeal to the negro fan base. Ryback would continue to get a heavy push and I love Big E Langston. Lastly, Heath Slater should be on commentary because the fans can't get enough Heath Slater and he's one of the best on the mic in the business.

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:33 AM
Tna could be great if they only hired someone besides coke fiends off the street to write their shows. Shoulda given heyman whatever he wanted back when it was rumored they were in negotiations.

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Heath Slater isn't awful, but every promo he cuts sounds like every average Indy heel promo ever.

Ginger vanilla midget is what he is.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Wait, do you really think Darren Young has charisma?

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Heath Slater is awful but I guess I can see how people can be entertained by the trainwreck that is him on a mic.

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Lol yeah c'mon man, Titus is totally carrying that team.

Fignuts
03-20-2013, 03:43 AM
Slater's gimmick would work better if he actually looked like a rockstar, and not an extra from Deliverance.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:44 AM
I think they had something when they exploited the fact that Darren is awkward when it comes to speaking and had Titus go on a rant and then Darren just follow it up with a "Yeah!". They should just make fun of the fact that Darren Young can't talk.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Lol that last part was because I know wwf fan is a huge Heath Slater fan.

No question Titus is the better of the two, but Titus and Darren play well off each other. Lol Rufus Pancake Patterson.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:48 AM
I was mainly a Slater hater because someone (I think it was Noid) tried to make him out to have legit star quality as opposed to being so awful that he can be entertaining.

I don't actually hate him any more than I hate any random low level, plain, personality-lacking jobber.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Slater oozes personality.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:59 AM
So did Trent Barreta

XL
03-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Pushing a guy like The Miz to the point where he's winning the WWE Title match in the main event of WrestleMania and then saying "Alright, moving on..." and having him be pretty irrelevant is a waste of a WrestleMania main event to help make a star and shit booking.

Having Dolph Ziggler win MITB, beat JOHN FUCKING CENA in the main event of a PPV and then following it up by forgetting about him for 3 months is bad booking.

There is no concept of momentum at all.

But that Mania was all about setting up Rock vs. Cena: <s>Once In A Lifetime</s> Twice In 12 Months. Miz was basically a passenger in the programme.

Heisenberg
03-20-2013, 03:14 PM
I prefer THE RYBACK, he makes scream at the TV, words and gestures easy to perform with. I was a huge Ultimate Warrior fan back in the day, so I guess my opinion wouldn't hold any weight, but yeah, where am I?

Ruien
03-20-2013, 03:27 PM
He needs to be pushed. He will become as popular as he once was once he starts getting some huge wins in.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:53 PM
But that Mania was all about setting up Rock vs. Cena: <s>Once In A Lifetime</s> Twice In 12 Months. Miz was basically a passenger in the programme.

Granted. You don't just use anyone in that spot though. The Miz is good. Any momentum they could have carried from that event was squashed soon after and they had to start all over. It takes a long time to really build a star and implant them in the people's minds as a true main event star. You can't keep starting and stopping. There are very few guys that can make themselves. You need to put work in booking-wise over the long haul.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 03:54 PM
I prefer THE RYBACK, he makes scream at the TV, words and gestures easy to perform with. I was a huge Ultimate Warrior fan back in the day, so I guess my opinion wouldn't hold any weight, but yeah, where am I?

Everyone was a Warrior fan back in the day. He was awesome.

Savio
03-20-2013, 04:22 PM
I think MITB needs to have former champs win and not midcarders. In most cases it ends up hurting the midcarders careers

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Except for CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Edge, RVD, jury still out on Ziggler, didn't do anything either way for Cena.

Savio
03-20-2013, 07:26 PM
CM Punks 2nd win was good but his first was lost in the shuffle. But by then he was a main-eventer.

I'd argue that RVD was a maineventer before. They've been fucking ziggle over since Summerslam until recently.

XL
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Granted. You don't just use anyone in that spot though. The Miz is good. Any momentum they could have carried from that event was squashed soon after and they had to start all over. It takes a long time to really build a star and implant them in the people's minds as a true main event star. You can't keep starting and stopping. There are very few guys that can make themselves. You need to put work in booking-wise over the long haul.

Absolutely.

XL
03-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't think MitB really helps with bumping someone to the Main Event. It's kind of a short-cut for the most part with the surprise/cheap cash-ins doing little to establish the guy as someone that can hang with the top guys in the process.

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Yeah. The gimmick can be used for good. Too often though they use it to try to turn a guy who never even sniffed the main event before into a star. And it only serves to bring the title down and thus make it meaningless for the next guys who hold it.

The Ripper
03-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Ryback can bounce back, he is still pretty over. He may not be the next face of the company but I think he can still be a big star. Besides I think Henry might be on his way out and he might want to get a young upper comer over before he leaves. getting Ryback a big Win over a former world champion/World's strongest Man will do great for him.

Lock Jaw
03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I remember way back a few Manias ago when I was "excited" at the thought of a possible future Miz/Rock match/feud.

XCaliber
03-20-2013, 10:28 PM
I remember way back a few Manias ago when I was "excited" at the thought of a possible future Miz/Rock match/feud.

Ditto it would have been an easy setup too when Miz was still heel there could have been an in ring promo that he mentions winning the main event at WM and walking out WWE Champion then cue The Rock's music.

whiteyford
03-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah. The gimmick can be used for good. Too often though they use it to try to turn a guy who never even sniffed the main event before into a star. And it only serves to bring the title down and thus make it meaningless for the next guys who hold it.

Again it comes down to booking like you said previously, if they booked the guy strong after his win it would be so much easier to accept them as main event calibre, most of the guys who win mitb aren't afforded that and are simply given the surprise cash-in moment and that's it. Really hope they give Ziggler a solid push again before he cashes in and let him a decent crack at it.

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2013, 10:54 AM
I was mainly a Slater hater because someone (I think it was Noid) tried to make him out to have legit star quality as opposed to being so awful that he can be entertaining.

I don't actually hate him any more than I hate any random low level, plain, personality-lacking jobber.

Hey, all I said was that Heath Slater could be a heat machine and is far better than anyone on here (besides Gertner) gives him credit for. The guy can do flips, moonsaults, corkscrew planchas, etc. But why doesn't he? He understands that it's not appropriate for his character to do that all the time. He also sells like a champion. You want a guy like Slater making your guys like Ryback looking good.

I have used Ryback there to redirect back to the topic at hand, which is that Ryback should pretty much squash Mark Henry at WrestleMania. Not because Mark Henry sucks, because he really doesn't (these days) -- but because Henry is ending his career and Ryback has got a good number of years left, barring some sort of unfortunate injury. The two won't have a pretty match if it goes longer than it needs to, and a pissed off Ryback should brutalize Henry to the point where you almost feel sorry for the man.

Henry can get his heat back by squashing Epico & Primo, or whatever it is they like to do to make their monsters look like monsters these days, and then they can do a Tables Match at Extreme Rules, where Ryback again beats Henry with ease. People now get the idea that Ryback is a beast. Go from there.