PDA

View Full Version : Which of these do you think is most likely to happen at Wrestlemania?

Corporate CockSnogger
04-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Yep well there's plenty of things that could happen at Wrestlemania, and lots that people are just wildly speculating. It's a bit baffling that after all this time people are still going on about Cena turning heel, and recently on here I've seen people go as far as to say they are "certain" or "convinced" that Cena is turning heel on Sunday. I certainly can't see any more than 1 of these scenario's happening, if I was a betting man I'd probably say none of them will.

Randy Orton turns heel
It's been doing the rounds in the dirtsheets for quite some time now, so that generally means that a lot of people are sure of this happening. Granted, up until this stuff with The Shield he'd just been going through the motions, but the guy still gets some of the biggest reactions on the roster and nobody else has that same change of gear in a match that he has. The fans pretty much eat out of his hands once he gets to that certain stage towards the end of a match. The storyline does seem to be edging towards it being a possibility with the whole "can they trust Big Show" scenario, when in the end it's Orton who they shouldn't have trusted. What do you think?

Triple H retires
Okay so it could happen since he's at that age and stage in his career, he's done it all blah blah blah. There's plenty of other threads on the subject, but it seems to me, that if he were to retire, it'd be as THE key moment of a night, which it won't be because Rock/Cena is the big money match. Granted it's at Wrestlemania so it's as big as it gets, but the talking point would certainly be overshadowed by other events. What say thee?

The Undertaker's streak ends
Again, it's been talked about plenty so I'm not going to go into huge detail here, but some people seem to think Punk could be the one to do it... or rather that he should be the one to do it. I definitely can't see this one happening and I don't think many others do either really, but let us know what you think.

John Cena turns heel
Like I already said, it's a bit absurd that people are still harping on about this so much, but his promos over the last couple of weeks have been "darker" and definitely had more of an edge to them. So evidently that's led to people saying he's definitely turning heel, rather than just altering his promos slightly for the occasion. I'm quite sure I've actually seen some posters here say in separate posts that they think both Cena and Orton are turning heel at Wrestlemania, which is beyond silly. But whatever, this is just my opinion, what do you guys think?

What's most likely and what's least likely? Discuss away. Noid please no long fantasy posts about Cena, Orton and Punk forming a heel trio only to be confronted by an army of faces consisting of Zack Ryder, JTG and Arn Anderson.

James Steele
04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Orton turning heel seems the most realistic possibility.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Hate this thread already. Gonna get a very factual post by DAMN iNATOR that makes my insides crawl, a really angry post from Tedious and a really unfunny post by slik. Why did I make a thread in the wrestling forum? Someone delete this.

James Steele
04-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Can I post some tits?

Savio
04-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Out of those 4? HHH is gonna lose.

Rammsteinmad
04-02-2013, 07:42 PM
In all fairness, it could be Triple H retiring, and what difference would it make? I kinda assumed he already was retired since he only makes the big appearances now. A lot of wrestlers "retire" but still seem to return for the odd program here and there, so Triple H retiring might be a "big moment", but it's not really any different than how things already are. It'll just be a big moment where it's officially declared. Until we see him for Summerslam etc.

Curd
04-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm less certain about any of the other options, but I'm sure either Cena or Rock will turn heel during the course of their match due to the "meh" factor of babyface vs. babyface (Sheamus' love of Hogan vs. Warrior and Hart vs. Michaels notwithstanding).

Classy and Gassy
04-02-2013, 10:28 PM
vote for none-

Randy Orton may have the seeds planted for a heel turn but not do it- ie inadvertant Brogue Kick to Orton in match

Hunter even if he loses will have another match- if he loses HBK will cost him setting up for one last go for the two at Mania 30 (which I dont think will happen as I think HBK is done)

Taker isnt losing

Cena will not turn heel is my hunch

#1-norm-fan
04-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm less certain about any of the other options, but I'm sure either Cena or Rock will turn heel during the course of their match due to the "meh" factor of babyface vs. babyface (Sheamus' love of Hogan vs. Warrior and Hart vs. Michaels notwithstanding).

There hasn't been a lot of mention of the idea of Rock turning instead of Cena. I think it would be kinda sweet to see Rock be the one who snaps because he can't put Cena away and his ego takes over.

Shisen Kopf
04-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Hoping for Cena heel turn but most likely it's going to be Orton turning heel. He should go back to the legend killer gimmick and challenge Taker to a match next WM. Have him end the streak.

Keith
04-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I really think we're heading into a "Steve Austin circa WrestleMania 17" turn for John Cena.

Or hoping, IDK.

#1-norm-fan
04-02-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm hoping for Rock to lose and then snap and "turn" on Cena afterward.

I'm also hoping it comes after Cena takes a couple sick bumps and gets some sympathy to see if they can turn some of the crowd mid-match ala Cena-Lesnar.

MoFo
04-02-2013, 11:53 PM
I really think we're heading into a "Steve Austin circa WrestleMania 17" turn for John Cena.

Or hoping, IDK.

Thought the same thing last year, got some anti-climatic bullshit.

Gave up hope now.

Hate Punk but kind of pulling for the massive swerve, just so SOMETHING happens on this card. Not interesting at all atm.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-03-2013, 12:29 AM
I think the safest bet is Orton turning heel. He's pretty boring as a face and I heard he's been dying for a heel turn for awhile now. He's sort of been just hanging around and I feel he needs the motivation.

#1-norm-fan
04-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Orton as a face is fucking great. Just look at his last title reign. He can work a crowd like few can and he's ridiculously over despite not doing anything of note for a while. His character however has been stagnant. If the company wanted to commit to pushing him to the title picture again, he'd be able to work back into it seamlessly.

Keith
04-03-2013, 12:39 AM
It's crazy no one even mentions Dolph cashing in his MITB briefcase anymore.

I think we gave up, it's kinda like "Bah!"

#1-norm-fan
04-03-2013, 12:40 AM
It's insane that he still has that case. He's so far from that point right now.

#1-norm-fan
04-03-2013, 12:42 AM
He got a big rub feuding with Cena, beat him in the main event of a PPV in December and was then seemingly forgotten for a couple months until they remembered him in time to toss him in a WrestleMania match. That'll get him ready for a World Title run.

Keith
04-03-2013, 12:43 AM
It's part of his look lol.

Once he cashes it in, or whatever happens, he's gonna have to go get another briefcase and carry it with him.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Lulling us into a fall sense of security maybe and WHAM! He's a double champion by the end of Mania?

Keith
04-03-2013, 12:45 AM
I don't even know.

Either they're preparing a major swerve, or they just don't know how to insert him into the WHC spotlight.

#1-norm-fan
04-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Well if Swagger wins the WHC, that would leave a heel chasing a heel for the WHC. I can't see either turning face. I wanna see him cash in on Del Rio and lose. A good, lengthy feud between the Ziggler and Del Rio where Ziggler comes so close multiple times but ultimately can't take the title away from him would do wonders for both guys in the long run as opposed to a sudden title reign for Ziggler after months of sucking ass.

The Naitch
04-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Noid please no long fantasy posts about Cena, Orton and Punk forming a heel trio only to be confronted by an army of faces consisting of Zack Ryder, JTG and Arn Anderson.

:lol:

Emperor Smeat
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Orton turning heel.

XCaliber
04-03-2013, 04:15 PM
I'd say Cena turning is way more likely he wants to beat The Rock so badly he resorts to cheating and picks up the victory and claims he is superior.

Mongo Lloyd
04-03-2013, 07:16 PM
where's the "elitist faggot smarks will complain about it on the internet regardless of what happens" option?

Damian Rey
04-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Went with H retiring. I thought about the Orton option, and, while it is a possibility, I haven't seen any reason to think it will, and Orton, outside of RKO'ing and DDT'ing Stephanie McMahon, bores the piss out of me as a heel and works much better as a pretty over face despite not having a real program in ages.

Corndad
04-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Orton going Heel most likely. Smackdown needs another Main Event Heel badly at moment. Would lead to a Sheamus/Orton summer program leaving Dolph/ADR/Whoever fight for the World Title.

Cena although needs the Heel turn badly, I'm gonna be the cynic here and say nothing happens with him. He's ruthless going into match, during the match then on Raw Monday Night back to the Smiling "Champ is here" guy. God hope I'm wrong but my hopes aren't high.

HHH don't see him losing after he lost to Taker last 2 Manias then to Brock last SummerSlam.

Almost 0% chance Taker loses this year. Leading to Taker's last match vs Cena next Mania.

Theo Dious
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
where's the "elitist faggot smarks will complain about it on the internet regardless of what happens" option?

This poll was not created by Gertner.

Theo Dious
04-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Hate this thread already. Gonna get a very factual post by DAMN iNATOR that makes my insides crawl, a really angry post from Tedious and a really unfunny post by slik. Why did I make a thread in the wrestling forum? Someone delete this.

Actually the only thing on this list I think is terribly unlikely is the Undertaker losing. The others are all kind of viable, though I agree that an Orton heel turn is most likely.

Sorry if I'm not living up to my expectations. I like the notion that I've made something of a mark on this place though.

Kane Knight
04-04-2013, 12:01 AM
In all fairness, it could be Triple H retiring, and what difference would it make? I kinda assumed he already was retired since he only makes the big appearances now. A lot of wrestlers "retire" but still seem to return for the odd program here and there, so Triple H retiring might be a "big moment", but it's not really any different than how things already are. It'll just be a big moment where it's officially declared. Until we see him for Summerslam etc.

Yeah, Trips has already announced semi-retirement and I'm pretty sure that's how he's staying for the near future. I could be wrong, but still.

Out of those choices then, we have Randy Orton turning heel (which seems most likely of the three remaining) and then Cena turning heel and the streak breaking. Of the last two, I oddly see Cena's face run as safer than Taker's streak. Still think both are fairly unlikely.

Kane Knight
04-04-2013, 12:02 AM

That's a given.

Innovator
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I think they'll be a false during the Punk/Taker match where Punk pulls an Eddie and the ref will DQ Taker, Vince restarts the match.

RiX1024
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
My vote goes to Orton turning heel but a Ziggler cashes in option should be added.

Shadrick
04-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I think they'll be a false during the Punk/Taker match where Punk pulls an Eddie and the ref will DQ Taker, Vince restarts the match.

this would be beautiful