PDA

View Full Version : I like The Shield. A lot.

Pages : [1] 2

Anybody Thrilla
05-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Do you?

Let's discuss.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYzLiLtSETbDexwGRs81WBvZ9MUEfaDiCEfaBhqqLiOBJ9YS4UQA

Next Big Thing
05-22-2013, 06:29 PM
I do too. I'm as casual a fan as it gets when it comes to wrasslin these days, but Shield & Ziggler's crew entertain me. Dean Ambrose is money on the mic.

Keith
05-22-2013, 06:31 PM
*JBL voice*

"It's their yard".

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Yay.

Believe that.

BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TaBN1CO1cbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anybody Thrilla
05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I find myself marking out for them pretty much every time. Their matches on Raw have been awesome as of late, especially.

Shouts to Daniel Bryan for that most recent one, though. He was on fire.

Keith
05-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Roman Reigns is the goods.

He'll be main eventing against John Cena next year.

Heisenberg
05-22-2013, 06:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/36fa7967bbf4f8afe1f3c8b3050e5697/tumblr_mn7yu49UOj1ql59v7o1_500.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7c8c469f3fd75934cf8f2252eb4af756/tumblr_mn7jzap0gi1r8wwx6o8_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/1af353785e7cfbd69907dd55e5dd3326/tumblr_mn7jzap0gi1r8wwx6o4_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/e878a94e4956477d5506f22739e0feb7/tumblr_mn7jzap0gi1r8wwx6o5_250.gifBELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!!!!!!!!

Ambrose reminds me of HBK during his early 90s run with the IC Title

Reigns is a beast

Rollins is just a younger version of CM Punk

Chavo Classic
05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Damn straight!

Credit due to the WWE for making three guys no-one had any right to give a shit about into the hottest thing in years.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Yup really like Roman Reigns. Definitely my favourite of the three.

Ambrose is good on the mic in that creepy nutcase kinda way which is really good, but like I mentioned in another thread a few days back, I don't want to see him in regular wrestling gear because it seems like it'd take away a lot of his intimidation. At the minute they all look "cool" in their current gear, and while I can see the other two transitioning out into regular trunks or whatever, I can't see me taking Ambrose in the psychopath character very seriously in regular wrestling attire.

Rollins I don't really care about.

Chavo Classic
05-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Rollins is probably the better athlete of the trio, but is still the weakest of the group. Doesn't really fit in with the intimidating image that's being portrayed.

Getting rid of that dumb fucking dyed hair would be a good start.

Swiss Ultimate
05-22-2013, 06:59 PM
I do too. I'm as casual a fan as it gets when it comes to wrasslin these days, but Shield & Ziggler's crew entertain me. Dean Ambrose is money on the mic.

When I watched regularly I used to complain about how there weren't enough tag teams and stables and now I'm pretty happy with what I see. They're interesting even though I have no point of reference for who they are, why they wear D-lo style chest protectors and what their motivation is. I saw them fight Kane, Bryan and Kofi and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I'd love to see all six of them in a TLC match, think it'd be crazy over like the E&C VS. Hardy Boyz Ladder match and subsequent Dudley feud etc.

Juan
05-22-2013, 07:01 PM
I believe in the Shield

mike adamle
05-22-2013, 07:02 PM
When I watched regularly I used to complain about how there weren't enough tag teams and stables and now I'm pretty happy with what I see. They're interesting even though I have no point of reference for who they are, why they wear D-lo style chest protectors and what their motivation is. I saw them fight Kane, Bryan and Kofi and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I'd love to see all six of them in a TLC match, think it'd be crazy over like the E&C VS. Hardy Boyz Ladder match and subsequent Dudley feud etc.

The Shield faced Kane, Bryan, and Ryback in a TLC Match in December

Chavo Classic
05-22-2013, 07:03 PM
I'd love to see all six of them in a TLC match, think it'd be crazy over like the E&C VS. Hardy Boyz Ladder match and subsequent Dudley feud etc.

Were you on Mars at the time or something?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iZL6bg6HSeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

XCaliber
05-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Of course they are all great in each their own way i'd still be down for a 4th member but i'd want another guy from nXt and not someone who is already on the current roster.

Chavo Classic
05-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I'd rather a new guy from developmental than 'recruiting' someone from the current roster, inevitably through some sort of swerve or heel turn. Not that the stable needs anything added or taken away. It's perfectly balanced at the moment.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Boring as hell. 2 guys with a combined weight of 400 pounds being unbeatable? Yup, can definitely see why rating suck. Send these vanilla midget back to the elementary school gyms where they belong.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Ambrose and Reigns both have bright futures. Rollins should too, but he needs to develop his mic skills a little more. He can go way better in the ring than Reigns, BUT he lacks the presence. He needs something to differentiate him besides "really good wrestler."

Rammsteinmad
05-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Love 'em. I think Rollins is so much better than most people make him out to be. The guy is great in the ring and sells like crazy. He has incredible chemistry with Daniel Bryan, and I'd love to see these two in a singles match.

Ambrose and Reigns are also the goods. I just feel bad for Rollins getting so much slack.

XL
05-22-2013, 07:22 PM
I actually think Rollins is pretty decent on the mic. Just wanted to say that.

Keith
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Boring as hell. 2 guys with a combined weight of 400 pounds being unbeatable? Yup, can definitely see why rating suck. Send these vanilla midget back to the elementary school gyms where they belong.

But you voted against Roman Reigns, man.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Reigns would be the smallest guy in this faction if you want it to be believable. He's God awful on the mic btw.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Look at the NWO. Three big guys would looked and were unstoppable. All three could talk and had their own personality. Neither of The Shield possess any of those traits.

XL
05-22-2013, 07:30 PM
I might not be the first to say this, but could it be that Gertner is in fact Vincent Kennedy McMahon!?

Loves hosses, dislikes "vanilla midgets" (even the ones that are 6'3") and he claims to be the "Pulse of the WWE Universe". Could there be something in this!?

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Like you. Mean to tell me you can buy The Shield defeating the team of Kane who is one of the most intimidating big men ever, Ryback who is a fucking beast and was pretty much unstoppable at that point and Daniel Bryan who can out rassle all three? Come on now!

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I might not be the first to say this, but could it be that Gertner is in fact Vincent Kennedy McMahon!?

Loves hosses, dislikes "vanilla midgets" (even the ones that are 6'3") and he claims to be the "Pulse of the WWE Universe". Could there be something in this!?

"Curtis Axel" is 6"3. He also weighs 227, which is two pounds away from being a cruiserweight. You can be 6"3 and if you're built like a swimmer with no mic skills, then you're a vanilla midget.

Chavo Classic
05-22-2013, 07:41 PM

This schtick is really getting old now, Gertner. There's nothing Vanilla about Ambrose, Rollins can wrestle well with anyone and Reigns is your wet dream. Quit negging everything.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:44 PM
What schtick? Just because I don't agree doesn't mean it's a schtick. Ambrose cuts the same "grrr I'm intense" that ever indy wrestler does. Rollins can wrestle, but he skinny and boring as fuck. Reigns is the only one id keep on the roster, but he's bad on the mic. S

What Would Kevin Do?
05-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Pretty sure Ryback is only 6'3, 6'4 tops.

I think Ambrose is actually taller.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Yeah and Ryback weighs almost 300 pounds. Ambrose weighs 220 if that.

Chavo Classic
05-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Disagreeing is fine. Labelling almost everyone less than 6' 6' a vanilla midget isn't. It's as if the realisation that wrestlers are getting smaller hasn't dawned on you yet.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes and wrestling doesn't have nearly as much interest because the wrestlers aren't larger than life personality and physically. That's a huge part of what draws fans in. Not workrate.

Chavo Classic
05-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Yes and wrestling doesn't have nearly as much interest because the wrestlers aren't larger than life personality and physically. That's a huge part of what draws fans in. Not workrate.

Sure, the current slump is all because every match doesn't look like John Terry vs Mason Ryan.

And fucking stop it with the 'work rate' comment. I see those words in more posts from you than anyone else on the forums. No-one has mentioned work rate yet other than you. Compliments have been paid to Ambrose's personality, Rollin's athleticism and Reign's look.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
It's gonna awesome yet again in 6 months when everybody starts saying what I've been saying. None of these guys are main eventers at all.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-22-2013, 08:11 PM

Nah, identifiable personalities and wrestlers who are into what they're doing who connect with the audience draws fans.

You can't have alllllllll 220-240 pounders, you need some big beefy guys because wrestling is all about the larger than life stuff, but there is room for all shapes and sizes.

Juan
05-22-2013, 08:14 PM
So weird that 90% of TPWW disagrees with the "Pulse of TPWW"

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 08:16 PM
That'll change in about 6 months.

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Nah, identifiable personalities and wrestlers who are into what they're doing who connect with the audience draws fans.

You can't have alllllllll 220-240 pounders, you need some big beefy guys because wrestling is all about the larger than life stuff, but there is room for all shapes and sizes.

That's the problem, the roster is full of guys in that weight range. There's never been so many.

screech
05-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Love The Shield :y:

PullMyFinger
05-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Why not, they can be cool. Reigns looks like a bouncer of a club.

Emperor Smeat
05-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeup I like them a lot.

Best thing so far have been the 6 man tag matches since they've all been really good.

Curd
05-22-2013, 09:57 PM

I noticed DTTS has drops of Jupiter in his hair. :)

Curd
05-22-2013, 09:58 PM
And oh yeah, the Shield make me go SCHWING! :)

Swiss Ultimate
05-22-2013, 10:23 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iZL6bg6HSeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So was this the best thing ever?

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Pretty much yes.

Juan
05-22-2013, 10:28 PM
That table bump Rollins took was brutal looking

Swiss Ultimate
05-22-2013, 10:38 PM

Well, why was the WCW Cruiserweight scene so popular? Why do people still care about Edge and Jeff Hardy? (They got over before anyone of them could put a complete sentence together.) Why did people like Xpac for like 5 minutes?

I dunno though, I've only seen one night of the Shield and I bought the gimmick of them just being great at working with each other and sacrificing everything so that the team can win. They look different too which is nice.

I think as a super-casual fan I have finally let go all the things that made wrestling hard to enjoy. I'm satisfied if a wrestler can do one thing well and I don't compare everyone to Rock, Austin, Nash and Hall in my head anymore.

Ryback looks great and seems to be good in the ring, but he is complete shit on the mic' and his heel turn was pathetic. Somebody call an AMBULAN!

Roman Reigns looks like a non-crippled version of Khali, but he's pretty great in the ring from what I've seen.

Daniel Bryan has found a nice niche of an over-the-top emotionally unstable guy who can wrestle, I like it.

Kane is somehow amazing and I have no clue how that happened. In the 90s he was probably the most boring guy in the ring every time he wrestled.

Ambrose is weird and I like him on the mic', he comes off as legitimately crazy.

Hair-dude is pretty good in the ring too and all three members of the shield have great chemistry. Can't ask for much more.

And Kofi did some good jumpy-jump stuff.

The crowd seemed to be really into the match too and legitimately pissed when the Shield won.

Hell, I liked the whole show up until Triple H jobbing to a concussion. (And the diva match which I skipped).

Bad News Gertner
05-22-2013, 10:47 PM
The cruiserweight scene was popular for about 2 years and then it died off badly. As The Death of WCW book said "you can only watch Rey Mysterio give Psicosis a frankensteiner so many times." You've gotta be good on the mic to be anything.

screech
05-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Kane is somehow amazing and I have no clue how that happened. In the 90s he was probably the most boring guy in the ring every time he wrestled.

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Skippord
05-22-2013, 10:53 PM
best thing in the WWE in years, probably since the first month of Nexus

Swiss Ultimate
05-22-2013, 11:13 PM
The cruiserweight scene was popular for about 2 years and then it died off badly. As The Death of WCW book said "you can only watch Rey Mysterio give Psicosis a frankensteiner so many times." You've gotta be good on the mic to be anything.

I feel like bad booking killed off the cruiser-weight scene more than their lack of mic work.

Still, I agree that it can't JUST be two guys wrasslin' with ultra-violently intense fighting spirit. We DO need a story to go along with it. For me the color commentary and even the little skit with Kane and Bryan helped toward that goal.

Again though, for me, it wasn't the fact that the Shield were fun and different, it was that the entire show seemed to have a lot of variety and fun wrestling all around. There are also a lot of big flexible guys on the roster right now which is neat and I love the fact that there are managers, tag teams and stables.

So yeah, I didn't know anything going into this episode and I enjoyed it. First time in a long time.

dingdongyo
05-22-2013, 11:14 PM
very much into the shield. i don't know where it goes from here, but if i had to pick between growing and splitting, definitely growing.

Shisen Kopf
05-22-2013, 11:47 PM
they are the greatest stable since the LWO.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2013, 11:52 PM
I actually think Rollins is pretty decent on the mic. Just wanted to say that.

I'm glad someone thinks the same. I actually prefer Rollins on the mic to Reigns. He actually sounds like CM Punk at times.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 12:01 AM
yeah Rollins hasn't been bad

He only really has problems when he's yelling outside the ring since his voice is kind of obnoxious still.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-23-2013, 12:05 AM

You can have cruiserweights who are good on the mic like Chris Jericho. The problem was they didn't make it its own separate entity. You cannot have Kevin Nash get in the ring with Rey Misterio without Rey looking like a joke or Nash looking like a joke for giving Rey any offense. It's a lose/lose situation. It needed to be its own entity, like divisions in the UFC. What happened is you had all these heavyweights come out and squash cruisers to the point there was no interest in the cruisers.

It doesn't even make sense for Nash to want to wrestle Misterio or vice versa, in fact it's completely retarded.

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2013, 12:08 AM
I like that all three guys seem to have a different vibe to them. Roman Reigns is the quietest and the tank of the group; Dean Ambrose is like the co-ordinator and the this insane guy that is unpredictable and really dangerous for his size; Seth Rollins is this tremendous high-flyer who talks a lot of crap but then flies across the ring and kicks someone in the face.

And Gertner is right in a sense -- I have a feeling that on their own we'd be talking about how Rollins won't make it out of the mid-card, Reigns needs a "little something" to get to that next level and that Ambrose is a fantastic talker but we can't buy him as WWE Champion for some reason. Luckily, these three have each other and have found success as a unit that has been explained as them sacrificing their egos and allowing them to get the better of more established Superstars and ultimately getting more effective on their own. We've seen these guys defeat Ryback, Sheamus, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, John Cena, Big Show and The Undertaker. The average fan is getting used to seeing these guys win in that sense. Any "failings" these men had solo has been washed away.

Also, for guys that are apparently "tiny," we've seen Ambrose & Rollins lift Big Show up for powerbombs and we've seen them beating on the biggest and the baddest in the WWE. That powerbomb from Rollins to Bryan on RAW was sick. These guys will be fine.

Something to consider: their size and the fight they have taken to some of the bigger names in the WWE could lead to a face turn for the group down the line. I'm not saying it should happen, and certainly not now, but there is a lot to actually like about The Shield. Their teamwork, their courage, their selflessness when it comes to protecting each other, their lack of ego, their size against larger opponents that they somehow manage to overcome, their credibility -- all of this is adding up to the group being in the position to move some merch or something.

And Gertner is also right in "larger than life" characters being valuable to wrestling -- but that is what we have here in The Shield. These guys beat up The Undertaker and put him through the announce table. JBL has done a great job of putting these guys over and has made it sound as if not one single force could stand up to these guys.

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2013, 12:09 AM
yeah Rollins hasn't been bad

He only really has problems when he's yelling outside the ring since his voice is kind of obnoxious still.

I get that, but I kind of like it because it makes you want to see him get his ass kicked. If he were a face and doing it? Now THAT would be stupid.

Evil Vito
05-23-2013, 12:18 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The Shield are easily my favorite thing about wrestling at the moment. I've become disenfranchised with a lot of the product, but I will go out of my way to see what The Shield are up to. Everybody in the group brings something different to the table and it blends so well.

Individually I can see big things for all three as well. Ambrose is not only great in the ring and he uses his "unhinged" style nicely, I think he could be a featured heel for the next decade if he wanted to with his promo ability. Rollins can always be counted on for a good match and a crazy spot when needed, and I think he'll get over huge in a Jeff Hardy kind of way once he goes face. He's no Ambrose on the mic, but he's not horrific either. Reigns has been the most pleasant surprise. He's an Anoa'i so he was always going to get a chance eventually, but he's shown he's really earned it. He just brings some serious intensity to every Shield match and beatdown. Plus his Spear is awesome.</font>

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 12:26 AM

Went and did some research. I've been saying for a while that the company has too many guys around 6"2-6"4 240 and under. Here's a list

Alex Riley
Bo Dallas
Chris Jericho (obviously excluded from the stereotype)Camacho
Christian
CM Punk (ugh, I'll exclude him)
Cody Rhodes
Curtis Axel
Damian Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler (excluded)
Drew McIntyre
Epico
Evan Bourne
Fandango
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
Jinder Mahal
JTG
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
PRimo
R-Truth
Randy Orton (excluded)
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd
Santino Marella
Seth Rollins
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

Now, excluding Jericho, Ziggler, Punk and Orton who are considered main event guys, that leaves 34 out of 54 guys on the roster who are 6"4 AND 240 and under. Now subtract part timers Brock Lesnar, The Rock, HHH, William Regal and the Undertaker and you're left with only 15 guys on the active roster bigger than 6"4 or 240. That is RIDICULOUSLY unbalanced.

Droford
05-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Will TPWW be anti shield when fans start rooting for them as the cool heels?

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2013, 12:28 AM
William Regal being one of the bigger guys on the roster is a bit weird.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Regal is 243, so he's barely above the cut line. Not saying having smaller guys is bad, but there are WAY too many on this roster and more than half can't cut a promo to save their lives.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Instead of a Perfect Plex, I'd like to Axel use a fisherman buster

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2013, 12:54 AM
How about The Moss-Covered Three-Handled Family Credenza?

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 12:56 AM
I totally posted that in the wrong thread lol

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2013, 01:07 AM
I actually thought I was in the RAW thread too.

Tazz Dan
05-23-2013, 03:43 AM
I love The Shield

Tazz Dan
05-23-2013, 03:43 AM
And from what I can gather from this thread, from Gertner's explaining, Khali is also a Vanilla Midget. Cause he's shit on the mic and can't wrestle.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 05:19 AM
I think they can all be useful members of the roster. Just not in the main event. They've been booked with more care than I thought WWE was capable of booking anyone nowadays... but it's for three guys who are not real main eventers. I can see Reigns maybe getting there with a mouthpiece at some point. I can even see Ambrose tasting the main event. It would be by default though.

Guys like them or a Daniel Bryan type have a place on the roster. They have talent. But Gertner's right. When it comes to the majority of the roster and your main event... your money makers... what you're primarily building the company on... it should be guys who have that "larger than life" appeal. None of them have it. And their push damn sure should have never come at the expense of a guy like Ryback who could be a goldmine if he wasn't booked so horribly. Seriously, since he stopped dominating jobbers, the man has yet to win on PPV. It's retarded.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:20 AM
and also if he weren't awful

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:23 AM
And from what I can gather from this thread, from Gertner's explaining, Khali is also a Vanilla Midget. Cause he's shit on the mic and can't wrestle.

Khali can barely speak english

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:25 AM

Ryback has more main event potential than all of the members of The Shield combined. Ryback should have been made champ at HIAC if they were gonna put him in the title picture.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 05:26 AM

Thoughts like this are what RoH wishes ran through the minds of more people.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:31 AM
People compare wrestling to a soap opera. I compare them to Superheros. Now who is going to catch your eye with that comparison: 6"0 225 Dean Ambrose who you could see walking down the street and not blink an eye or Ryback who is a monster and catches your eye?

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:40 AM
People throw out "well Stone Cold wasn't a hoss". Stone Cold weighed about 260 and is probably top 3 in terms of personality. He was pretty jacked.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:41 AM
Dean Ambrose is 6'4", Ryback catches my eye in that "hey that guy looks like he has something wrong with him" kind of way

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:43 AM
I compare wrestling to any sort of TV show where being an interesting character who doesn't sound like he's never said words before is more important than having sick biceps

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Exactly, and that is eye catching. He looks like he'll rip your head off and swallow your torso. Ambrose looks like half the damn roster.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Put Dean Ambrose in Ryback's place and he wouldn't have gotten nearly as over as Ryback got. That reaction when Ryback first got his hands on CM Punk is still one of the most raucous reactions I've seen since the attitude era. Ryback was the new star people were craving and they fucking came unglued.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wOy6b6X9lws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skippord
he looks like a giant retard

Bad News Gertner
Ryback never should have been turned heel. He's a natural face.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Put Dean Ambrose in Ryback's place and he wouldn't have gotten nearly as over as Ryback got. That reaction when Ryback first got his hands on CM Punk is still one of the most raucous reactions I've seen since the attitude era. Ryback was the star people were craving and they fucking came unglued.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wOy6b6X9lws" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
that's because CM Punk is good at his job

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:46 AM
It's like I'm banging my fucking head against the wall. I don't understand what you people don't get.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:48 AM
my favorite wrestler is Giant Gonzalez

that skeleton outfit made him look like a monster

Bad News Gertner

Fuck sakes. This is the same shit people said when Cena had a 5 star match with Punk: it's cause Punk carried him to a 5 star match because people won't admit that Cena is a good wrestler.

Skippord
is Giant Gonzalez dead?

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:49 AM
Fuck sakes. This is the same shit people said when Cena had a 5 star match with Punk: it's cause Punk carried him to a 5 star match.
nah John Cena's cool

although that may just be because he's not super tall

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:49 AM
Pretty sure he is.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:50 AM
nah John Cena's cool

tiny little man though

Cena's arms are bigger than my torso.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:51 AM
my favorite wrestler is Giant Gonzalez

that skeleton outfit made him look like a monster

Tht is such a ridiculous comparison. He could barely walk.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:52 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BhdmsYYGtg0/UWeRQ8LAMVI/AAAAAAAABXg/o4mW3onhagU/s1600/ROMAN+REIGNS+3.jpeg

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:52 AM
Tht is such a ridiculous comparison. He could barely walk.
he probably did look pretty scary if you saw him out on the street though

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 05:53 AM

lol. Jesus Christ.

I love how people will claim that someone getting cheered as a face against CM Punk means CM Punk is doing a good job.

But when CM Punk gets cheered as a heel against THE UNDERTAKER... umm... they're just cheering him because he's doing a good job.

It's one or the other...

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:53 AM
bet he walks less now though

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:54 AM
lol. Jesus Christ.

I love how people will claim that someone getting cheered as a face against CM Punk means CM Punk is doing a good job.

But when CM Punk gets cheered as a heel against THE UNDERTAKER... umm... they're just cheering him because he's doing a good job.

It's one or the other...
that's because he's so good at his job he's lapped everyone else in the company and is the best face and heel in the company, which also makes him the best tweener

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BhdmsYYGtg0/UWeRQ8LAMVI/AAAAAAAABXg/o4mW3onhagU/s1600/ROMAN+REIGNS+3.jpeg

Go watch his promo's on NXT

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:55 AM
bet he walks less now though

You're gonna hear from Seth now

Skippord
05-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Go watch his promo's on NXT
I don't remember the promo I saw him doing on NXT being anything special either way, would still prefer it to whatever that gobbledy gook nonsense Ryback says though.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 05:58 AM
that's because he's so good at his job he's lapped everyone else in the company and is the best face and heel in the company, which also makes him the best tweener

Well everyone who attacks CM Punk should get the same reaction Ryback got that night, right? Since it's all because of how good Punk is.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:58 AM
I was so disappointed when I heard Roman speak

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:00 AM

Yup, CM Punk has officially become Hulk Hogan: put him with anybody on the roster and he'll sell out arenas.

Punk vs Drew McIntyre would sellout MSG.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:01 AM
Drew McIntyre is someone they actually dropped the ball with, thought he was delightful when he first came up. And I still think he's delightful in 3MB

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Yup, CM Punk has officially become Hulk Hogan: put him with anybody on the roster and he'll sell out arenas.

Punk vs Drew McIntyre would sellout MSG.
MSG isn't that big, so I'm sure it would

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:02 AM
I remember Ryback's first short promo on Punk. The "Revenge is an admission of pain..." promo. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Fine fucking promo. And people tried to say how ridiculous it is. From that moment I knew that certain people were desperate to try to find reasons to justify their hatred for the guy.

Then the entire crowd chanted "Feed me Punk" with him but only because CM Punk is so good at his job. :roll:

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:03 AM
any reaction Ryback got then is because of CM Punk so yeah

#1-norm-fan
Drew McIntyre is someone they actually dropped the ball with, thought he was delightful when he first came up. And I still think he's delightful in 3MB

Don't get Gertner started on 3MB, Goddammit.

Bad News Gertner
License to print money right there

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xv06k8"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv06k8_roman-reign-s-interview_sport" target="_blank">Roman Reign's Interview!</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/southboi04" target="_blank">southboi04</a></i>

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Don't get Gertner started on 3MB, Goddammit.

HEATH SLATER IS A FUCKING GOLDMINE!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:05 AM
License to print money right there

<iframe src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xv06k8" frameborder="0" height="270" width="480"></iframe>
Roman Reign's Interview! (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv06k8_roman-reign-s-interview_sport) by southboi04 (http://www.dailymotion.com/southboi04)
fair enough, pretty bad, although a solid Arsenio Hall impression.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:05 AM
I remember Ryback's first short promo on Punk. The "Revenge is an admission of pain..." promo. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Fine fucking promo. And people tried to say how ridiculous it is. From that moment I knew that certain people were desperate to try to find reasons to justify their hatred for the guy.

Then the entire crowd chanted "Feed me Punk" with him but only because CM Punk is so good at his job. :roll:

It's because Ryback doesn't chain wrestle and do 1000 flippidy floos and possess the knowledge of 1500 variations of a Indian Deathlock.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:06 AM
there's also a million terrible John Cena promos and literally nothing but terrible Ryback promos

it's all about material

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:06 AM
It's because Ryback doesn't chain wrestle and do 1000 flippidy floos and possess the knowledge of 1500 variations of a Indian Deathlock.
he could stand to do at least a couple Indian Death Locks

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:07 AM
like throw us Indian Death Lock fans a bone, guy

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:08 AM
http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Heath_Slater_Santino.gif

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:09 AM
I do love me some Heath Slater

and hate me some Santino

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:10 AM
That .gif is only good because Santino is so good at his job.

#1-norm-fan
I do love me some Heath Slater

and hate me some Santino

Well this explains everything now.

Bad News Gertner
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8FR8WVCUAAPe5u.jpg

Future of the business right there.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Jinder Mahal staring vacantly into camera that one time is my favorite thing in the history of the world

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:12 AM
I also think Drew McIntyre has a pretty good look with that bandana

like a sexy Scottish X-Pac

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:14 AM
If Raw ever does an episode with Slater and Maddox on commentary I might be in heaven.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:17 AM
#1-wwf-fan is a well documented Heath MasterSlater.

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:17 AM
Brad Maddox is the best

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Regal and Maddox together on NXT a couple of weeks ago was one of the funniest things I've heard in the WWE in a while.

Love how wwf-fan checks out of the thread the minute talk turns to the greatness that is Heath Slater and 3MB

XL
05-23-2013, 06:20 AM
I get that, but I kind of like it because it makes you want to see him get his ass kicked. If he were a face and doing it? Now THAT would be stupid.

THAT would be The Miz.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8CBLr.gif

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:21 AM
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x104op7"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x104op7_main-event-5-22-13-the-uso-s-vs-3mb_sport" target="_blank">MAIN EVENT - 5/22/13 - The Uso's vs 3MB</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/wweuniverseunofficial" target="_blank">wweuniverseunofficial</a></i>

A possible Heath Slater Main Event run could be in the future! Although seeing my two favourite wrestlers fight saddens me.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8CBLr.gif

You stop that!

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:22 AM
http://www.wwebulls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/heath-slater-120.gif

Skippord
05-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Regal and Maddox together on NXT a couple of weeks ago was one of the funniest things I've heard in the WWE in a while.

Love how wwf-fan checks out of the thread the minute talk turns to the greatness that is Heath Slater and 3MB
I'm not sure why Regal and Maddox aren't already doing Smackdown or something. Although I enjoy NXT more than anything else WWE does so I'm fine with them there.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Lol I know this is silly be Regal needs to speak louder on commentary. He gets to the point sometime where I get completely lost trying to hear what's going on.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:31 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wlG7NYcLG8g/UQzpTgJyfiI/AAAAAAAAIwk/TEzrIEBf40s/s1600/william-regal.gif

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:32 AM
hahahahahahahaha

Shadrick
05-23-2013, 06:33 AM
Why not, they can be cool. Reigns looks like a bouncer of a club.

Would this be the kind of club that I could have bottle service? Week to Week Bro?

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Play that fucking guitar Slater!!!

http://i.imgur.com/OjlqY.gif

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:37 AM
http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/3MB.gif

Woooooooo! Heard their first single and it's amazing!

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:39 AM
http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Heath_Slater_Murdered_Ryback_Clothesline.gif

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WOlCQ.gif

Heath Slater sucks ass.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-23-2013, 06:41 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wlG7NYcLG8g/UQzpTgJyfiI/AAAAAAAAIwk/TEzrIEBf40s/s1600/william-regal.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e65b488891e71aed64cd66cbda62989f/tumblr_meoifjFgYc1roi15ao1_500.gif

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:42 AM
http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/ba5222ae65c308dea6e0ff81520f8ae7/1038%20-%20Raw%20gif%20heath_slater%20limited_animation%20wwe.gif

Heath Slater is not amused by your attempted put down

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:45 AM
It's time to Rock and or Roll!

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Slater_Time.gif

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:46 AM
http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Dead_Presidents-650x365.jpg

The Commanders-in-Chief > 3MB

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:49 AM
"Ack! What's a 12 year old boy doing in our locker room"

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/3MB-towels.png

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Was it AJ, Drew or Jinder who said that?

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:53 AM
We all know 3MB gets tons of groupies, but security needs to do their jobs better.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Lol fucking Drew and that stupid cowboy hat

Keith
05-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Just saw an interview where Rock says Roman Reigns is his cousin. I did not know that.

Now I'm sure he'll go places.

(Link to The Rock's interview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNzlo5AHTvE

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Pretty sure every Samoan is related to The Rock

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't be so sure. Pretty much any Samoan wrestlers are cousins of The Rock. Including The Uso's and Manu who didn't exactly go places.

Keith
05-23-2013, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't be so sure. Pretty much any Samoan wrestlers are cousins of The Rock. Including The Uso's and Manu who didn't exactly go places.

The Uso's and Manu are no Roman Reigns.

Reigns has that look that gets Vince's pussy all wet and shit.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm just saying... Don't put too much stock in someone being related to The Rock. lol

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Went and did some research. I've been saying for a while that the company has too many guys around 6"2-6"4 240 and under. Here's a list

Alex Riley
Bo Dallas
Chris Jericho (obviously excluded from the stereotype)Camacho
Christian
CM Punk (ugh, I'll exclude him)
Cody Rhodes
Curtis Axel
Damian Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler (excluded)
Drew McIntyre
Epico
Evan Bourne
Fandango
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
Jinder Mahal
JTG
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
PRimo
R-Truth
Randy Orton (excluded)
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd
Santino Marella
Seth Rollins
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

Now, excluding Jericho, Ziggler, Punk and Orton who are considered main event guys, that leaves 34 out of 54 guys on the roster who are 6"4 AND 240 and under. Now subtract part timers Brock Lesnar, The Rock, HHH, William Regal and the Undertaker and you're left with only 15 guys on the active roster bigger than 6"4 or 240. That is RIDICULOUSLY unbalanced.

That is the same weight and height group as the two greatest of all time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DKDj_E0QLNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG03IGCAeQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your argument is invalid.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-23-2013, 08:13 AM
"Ack! What's a 12 year old boy doing in our locker room"

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/3MB-towels.png

That's Heath Slater man. He's the one mannn banddd baby.

Big Vic
05-23-2013, 08:14 AM
Gertner would like Reigns but he's a little too... dark for his taste.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
That is the same weight and height group as the two greatest of all time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DKDj_E0QLNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG03IGCAeQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your argument is invalid.

You obviously either have never read my thoughts on this or can't read.

Both oozed personality. My arguement is valid. I win.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 08:31 AM
I'll state this for the last time because I'm convinced people are retarded: if you are a smaller wrestler then you had better have personality coming out of your ass to be a top level guy. Who in that list can you say that about? Exactly. Check and mate.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
05-23-2013, 08:46 AM
I want to see Zack Ryder turn heel and join The Shield, either because he snaps, or because they kidnap and brainwash him (ala RTC).

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 08:47 AM
And becomes a submission machine!

Swiss Ultimate
05-23-2013, 09:01 AM
People compare wrestling to a soap opera. I compare them to Superheros. Now who is going to catch your eye with that comparison: 6"0 225 Dean Ambrose who you could see walking down the street and not blink an eye or Ryback who is a monster and catches your eye?

My favorite wrestlers and some of the most popular and iconic ones of all time are:

Ric Flair 6'1 who got his super-hero vibe from being insanely charismatic and also by "peacocking"

Scott Hall who was a big guy and great on the mic' and fits your criteria.

Diamond Dallas Page who was just barely meets the criteria and always came off to me like a smaller guy who was just amazing.

Mick Foley who wasn't so tall even when he wasn't hunched over and was more fat than anything even in his best shape (shapes?).

Taz was a midget but I loved him and how he was booked in ECW.

Giant was great and had fun matches that felt big and was okay on the mic, never got into him as the Big Show.

Steve Austin and The Rock, don't need to explain these.

Randy Savage who was 6'2 and under 240 but always looked awesome and bigger than life and was believable against Hogan. Genius on the mic too.

Shawn Michaels who made up for his size by being crazy talented and charismatic.

Roddy Piper was bigger than life and great in the ring.

I think you're right about "bigger than life" characters being important, but it doesn't necessarily mean someone who just looks big and athletic. Having a look period or at least making up for it by being a living cartoon like DDP or Flair. Guys who have been way way over had it all, Hogan had a look, charisma and great booking, Austin and Rock were the same.

Of the new generation we have had a few people to fit the bill and I know you'll disagree with me on a few of these. Cena has a great look and unbelievable strength, can go in the ring, is booked like a monster most days (wolverine healing ability), can be great on the mic and sells tickets and merchandise. Batista had the look, sold the merchandise, had the ability to be good on the mic as a heel (Hollywood Batista). CM Punk has a great look, is great in the ring and on the mic and sells a lot of merch, probably pulls in a lot of tickets too.

Nearly everyone else I can think of is missing some aspect, be it that they're generic looking, lack charisma or whatever. There aren't many total packages. Ryback has no charisma and so is forced to yell a lot and most of it is incomprehensible, but he looks great and he definitely should be used and given a shot to get better. Jeff Hardy had the look and the talent, but sucked balls on the mic, sold crazy amounts of merchandise though. Edge without his beard and his sex-life was really just a guy who was good in the ring and had a finisher that should not have worked as well as it did on big guys.

I could go on but I won't...

Big Vic
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
I'll state this for the last time because I'm convinced people are retarded: if you are a smaller wrestler then you had better have personality coming out of your ass to be a top level guy. Who in that list can you say that about? Exactly. Check and mate.
Daniel Bryan doesn't have personality?

Shisen Kopf
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM

Just like Bret Hart. The best there is, was and all that.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Daniel Bryan doesn't have personality?

Again, I stated who on that list has the personality to be a top level guy?Bryan is perfect where he is. Not a top level guy.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm not even convinced Ziggler is a top level guy. He's just there because the company doesn't have anybody else.

Shisen Kopf
05-23-2013, 09:41 AM
I think Spirit Squad Nicky would totally kick the poo poo outta Dolph Ziggler. He was way more artful in the combat we call the rassle!

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 09:43 AM
My favorite wrestlers and some of the most popular and iconic ones of all time are:

Ric Flair 6'1 who got his super-hero vibe from being insanely charismatic and also by "peacocking"

Scott Hall who was a big guy and great on the mic' and fits your criteria.

Diamond Dallas Page who was just barely meets the criteria and always came off to me like a smaller guy who was just amazing.

Mick Foley who wasn't so tall even when he wasn't hunched over and was more fat than anything even in his best shape (shapes?).

Taz was a midget but I loved him and how he was booked in ECW.

Giant was great and had fun matches that felt big and was okay on the mic, never got into him as the Big Show.

Steve Austin and The Rock, don't need to explain these.

Randy Savage who was 6'2 and under 240 but always looked awesome and bigger than life and was believable against Hogan. Genius on the mic too.

Shawn Michaels who made up for his size by being crazy talented and charismatic.

Roddy Piper was bigger than life and great in the ring.

I think you're right about "bigger than life" characters being important, but it doesn't necessarily mean someone who just looks big and athletic. Having a look period or at least making up for it by being a living cartoon like DDP or Flair. Guys who have been way way over had it all, Hogan had a look, charisma and great booking, Austin and Rock were the same.

Of the new generation we have had a few people to fit the bill and I know you'll disagree with me on a few of these. Cena has a great look and unbelievable strength, can go in the ring, is booked like a monster most days (wolverine healing ability), can be great on the mic and sells tickets and merchandise. Batista had the look, sold the merchandise, had the ability to be good on the mic as a heel (Hollywood Batista). CM Punk has a great look, is great in the ring and on the mic and sells a lot of merch, probably pulls in a lot of tickets too.

Nearly everyone else I can think of is missing some aspect, be it that they're generic looking, lack charisma or whatever. There aren't many total packages. Ryback has no charisma and so is forced to yell a lot and most of it is incomprehensible, but he looks great and he definitely should be used and given a shot to get better. Jeff Hardy had the look and the talent, but sucked balls on the mic, sold crazy amounts of merchandise though. Edge without his beard and his sex-life was really just a guy who was good in the ring and had a finisher that should not have worked as well as it did on big guys.

I could go on but I won't...

Exactly. All those guys mentioned if they weren't big had something special about them. That"it" factor that drew fans to their t.v's. Heath Slater for as goofy as he is and as much as I love him entertains me greatly, nothing more than a low card guy and he's pretty small. He does have the special ability to pretty much lose every match, yet still get over. His run with the legends was hilarious and people enjoy seeing him get beat, which in itself is a great quality. Santino has the same thing.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 09:45 AM
I think Spirit Squad Nicky would totally kick the poo poo outta Dolph Ziggler. He was way more artful in the combat we call the rassle!

He was even better as Kerwin White's caddy.

.......gonna admit this, I was a huge Spirit Squad fan. Soooo obnoxious.

Shisen Kopf
05-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Spirit Squad was great. They should bring them back.

Big Vic
05-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Them dancing in the ring was hilarious.

DB could definitely be a top level guy not THE guy, but up there.

Swiss Ultimate
05-23-2013, 09:56 AM
I liked the Mean Street Posse.

The Condor
05-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Like them but I don't understand the talk about these guys not being Main Event timbre. Its been 6 months into their WWE career, and I don't know if they'll do it or flop if given that opportunity, but it seems quite premature and joyless to even be considering something like that. Just enjoying the ride while it lasts.

Keith
05-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Remember when it was 2011, Kevin Nash came back and many were talking about having him reform the NWO?

LOL. Silly people. The Shield is much better than what another WWE/NWO group in the year 2011 would've ever been.

Big Vic
05-23-2013, 10:31 AM
I wish Nash stayed a bit longer

Anybody Thrilla
05-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Like them but I don't understand the talk about these guys not being Main Event timbre. Its been 6 months into their WWE career, and I don't know if they'll do it or flop if given that opportunity, but it seems quite premature and joyless to even be considering something like that. Just enjoying the ride while it lasts.

Seriously. I only made this thread because I enjoy watching The Shield. I've never even considered any of their potential as main eventers.

Anybody Thrilla
05-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Not knocking any of the discussion going on in here, by the way. Just surprised by it. Carry on.

Innovator
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Are you really surprised?

Anybody Thrilla
05-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Ha, no.

Swiss Ultimate
05-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I really enjoyed watching them go Monday.

Anybody Thrilla
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Monday was also my favorite Seth Rollins performance. I like how he was sorta the 'cheerleader' for the team, and I also liked how he kept trying to play to Daniel Bryan being the "weak link". Bryan did a great job of getting that feeling across, too. He really seemed amped up.

I might go back and watch that match again, and that hardly happens anymore for me.

Savio
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM
If you like em so much why don't you marry them?

Anybody Thrilla
05-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Because Jay Briscoe would shoot me.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Them dancing in the ring was hilarious.

DB could definitely be a top level guy not THE guy, but up there.

I think what Gertner is saying is top level as in a guy you could plug into the main event at WrestleMania and It would work. Which I think should be the same standard for your main champion. He could be a World Champion. Hell he was a World Champion BEFORE he was interesting as a character. But the standards for a World Champion are almost non-existent. Nowhere near the standards for the last match at Mania.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 04:52 PM
I'll state this for the last time because I'm convinced people are retarded: if you are a smaller wrestler then you had better have personality coming out of your ass to be a top level guy. Who in that list can you say that about?

Fandango.

Johnny Curtis could be the face of the company if handled right. He's amazing.

#1-norm-fan
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Other than him... Probably no one. Damien Sandow is pretty incredible. I don't know if I could see him as a long term headlining heel though for some reason.

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Fandango.

Johnny Curtis could be the face of the company if handled right. He's amazing.

Fandango, or Johnny Curtis?

Bad News Gertner
05-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I think it's going to get to a point where the character Fandango is holding Johnny Curtis back.

dronepool
05-23-2013, 08:03 PM
They grew on me.

Ultra Mantis
05-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Fandango will eventually transition into Johnny Curtis and unify the <strike>titles</strike> world.

#1-norm-fan
05-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Fandango, or Johnny Curtis?

Well... Johnny Curtis.

It probably won't happen with the Fandango gimmick. lol

Tom Guycott
05-24-2013, 03:05 AM
Funny how everyone keeps bagging on Seth's lack of mic skills, but no one mentions (or even knows because they missed his short NXT stint) that Reigns is HORRIBLE on the stick. He makes Rollins sound like Ric Flair by comparison. However, the whole "I only speak when I need to" vibe has done the perfect job of hiding that well.

And that's one of the things that helps The Shield to work. They hide any flaw that would have hampered them individually AND ensured they all get the opportunity to work on that detriment. Where they were at the introduction of them as The Shield, if they were called up individually:

-Roman Reigns "looks the shit", and is okay in shorts bursts in the ring, since he was poised to have squash matches to make him look legit and intimidating. However, when you have so many other people doing that same "oh, look at me, I'm a big powerhouse!!!" thing right now (Ryback, Big E, Mark Henry, Big Show, Sheamus, then also potentially Mason Ryan, Bronson, what's left of Ascention, etc...) it would have been easy for him to be lost in the shuffle and fall off the planet like so much Zeke Jackson. On the mic, he seemed more uncomfortable than David Otunga was during the pre-Nexus NXT stint, which isn't good when you're supposed to be coming off as smug and overconfident. He would have needed a mouthpice, or at the very least, a very vocal tag team partner to gain any traction outside of the "me too" big man schtick.

-Seth Rollins, who again gets shit on because he isn't setting the world on fire with his promo ability, is actually pretty good considering where he is and how long he's been there. He doesn't quite have the ability to instantly hook you with charisma just by being there, but he can draw you in. He can go in the ring, but I'm convinced that if he didn't happen to look similar to CM Punk and kinda got a shot from striking while that iron was white hot, he would have been one of those guys who languished around jerking curtains and pulling Superstars duty on the main roster and been a tremendous waste of time and talent with no discernable direction.

-Dean Ambrose has the opposite charismatic ability of Rollins in that you can instantly see he's special. He has the indy cred of being a natural, but of course that would work serve to hamper him since that makes him a) and indy darling, and garners instant hatred from snobby fans who think that such hype should never ever happen because unapologetic fanboys who want to see the new guy in the WWE main event picture RIGHT NAO!!1! turn them off from even wanting their name brought up, and b) they weren't "home grown" by WWE, so they allow a lot of that buzz to dissapate instead of saying "hey, we got a good thing landing on our lap, let's roll with it and see what happens". With all the Youtube clips of very talented promos, a massive nod from Mick Foley AND William Regal for his talent, and the fact that he has a grasp on not just ringwork, but psychology to boot... WWE would have likely saw fit to repackage this guy as something goofy (for him) and not allow him to show much of that. People seeing him for the first time would think he's a boring asshole who can wrestle good, but has the personality of a shoe through no fault of his own. He might have lucked up on something (injury, accident, Diva's poll) to capitalise on it one day, but that day wouldn't have come soon enough.

Collectively, however, they all fill in the gaps. The gimmick of them being "as a cohesive unit whose egos aren't bigger than the collective group" is actually better personified as them being one perfect superstar. Reigns brings the brutal power move muscle; Rollins flys around the ring, Ambrose takes opponents to the mat. Their "jump in" promos give Ambrose the opportunity to showcase what he can do, and allows Rollins and especially Reigns to work on talking. Reigns brings the intimidation that the other two wouldn't neccessarily garner alone. Ambrose has the "it" factor the other two don't, and Rollins is somewhere between the two- briding the gap by looking more fearsome than Dean, but exuding more charisma than Roman. It's a good balance and a unique way for them to grow into legit singles competetors down the road by compensating for and overcoming their weaknesses with time and effort and being afforded that time and effort because of their unique position within the company right now.

screech
05-24-2013, 06:52 AM
I wish Nash stayed forever

scatterbrain28
05-24-2013, 09:09 AM

E+C and Dudleys were tag teams in the 00's. They gave these guys one hell of a push, but no serious tag teams to fight. They can't fight Team Hell No every single PPV.

Bad News Gertner
05-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Funny how everyone keeps bagging on Seth's lack of mic skills, but no one mentions (or even knows because they missed his short NXT stint) that Reigns is HORRIBLE on the stick. He makes Rollins sound like Ric Flair by comparison. However, the whole "I only speak when I need to" vibe has done the perfect job of hiding that well.

And that's one of the things that helps The Shield to work. They hide any flaw that would have hampered them individually AND ensured they all get the opportunity to work on that detriment. Where they were at the introduction of them as The Shield, if they were called up individually:

-Roman Reigns "looks the shit", and is okay in shorts bursts in the ring, since he was poised to have squash matches to make him look legit and intimidating. However, when you have so many other people doing that same "oh, look at me, I'm a big powerhouse!!!" thing right now (Ryback, Big E, Mark Henry, Big Show, Sheamus, then also potentially Mason Ryan, Bronson, what's left of Ascention, etc...) it would have been easy for him to be lost in the shuffle and fall off the planet like so much Zeke Jackson. On the mic, he seemed more uncomfortable than David Otunga was during the pre-Nexus NXT stint, which isn't good when you're supposed to be coming off as smug and overconfident. He would have needed a mouthpice, or at the very least, a very vocal tag team partner to gain any traction outside of the "me too" big man schtick.

-Seth Rollins, who again gets shit on because he isn't setting the world on fire with his promo ability, is actually pretty good considering where he is and how long he's been there. He doesn't quite have the ability to instantly hook you with charisma just by being there, but he can draw you in. He can go in the ring, but I'm convinced that if he didn't happen to look similar to CM Punk and kinda got a shot from striking while that iron was white hot, he would have been one of those guys who languished around jerking curtains and pulling Superstars duty on the main roster and been a tremendous waste of time and talent with no discernable direction.

-Dean Ambrose has the opposite charismatic ability of Rollins in that you can instantly see he's special. He has the indy cred of being a natural, but of course that would work serve to hamper him since that makes him a) and indy darling, and garners instant hatred from snobby fans who think that such hype should never ever happen because unapologetic fanboys who want to see the new guy in the WWE main event picture RIGHT NAO!!1! turn them off from even wanting their name brought up, and b) they weren't "home grown" by WWE, so they allow a lot of that buzz to dissapate instead of saying "hey, we got a good thing landing on our lap, let's roll with it and see what happens". With all the Youtube clips of very talented promos, a massive nod from Mick Foley AND William Regal for his talent, and the fact that he has a grasp on not just ringwork, but psychology to boot... WWE would have likely saw fit to repackage this guy as something goofy (for him) and not allow him to show much of that. People seeing him for the first time would think he's a boring asshole who can wrestle good, but has the personality of a shoe through no fault of his own. He might have lucked up on something (injury, accident, Diva's poll) to capitalise on it one day, but that day wouldn't have come soon enough.

Collectively, however, they all fill in the gaps. The gimmick of them being "as a cohesive unit whose egos aren't bigger than the collective group" is actually better personified as them being one perfect superstar. Reigns brings the brutal power move muscle; Rollins flys around the ring, Ambrose takes opponents to the mat. Their "jump in" promos give Ambrose the opportunity to showcase what he can do, and allows Rollins and especially Reigns to work on talking. Reigns brings the intimidation that the other two wouldn't
neccessarily garner alone. Ambrose has the "it" factor the other two don't, and Rollins is somewhere between the two- briding the gap by looking more fearsome than Dean, but exuding more charisma than Roman. It's a good balance and a unique way for them to grow into legit singles competetors down the road by compensatin
g for and overcoming their weaknesses with time and effort and being afforded that time and effort because of
their unique position within the company right now.

I've already stated numerous time that Reign's mic skills suck and posted a video of such. There is nothing special about this group at all and it's gonna result in a failed face push for one and a complete waste of time for this whole thing.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Reigns doesn't need mic skills. He just needs to roar and he'll be a future hall of famer. The others can carry his bags.

Skippord
05-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Reigns, Ambrose, and Rollins will all go into the Hall of Fame together, and they will throw every other Hall of Famer out because those people will be useless in comparison

Swiss Ultimate
05-24-2013, 11:48 AM
E+C and Dudleys were tag teams in the 00's. They gave these guys one hell of a push, but no serious tag teams to fight. They can't fight Team Hell No every single PPV.

The Terri Invitational Tournament that made them and the Hardy Boyz stars was in 1999. They pretty much split up in 2001.

Swiss Ultimate
05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I've already stated numerous time that Reign's mic skills suck and posted a video of such. There is nothing special about this group at all and it's gonna result in a failed face push for one and a complete waste of time for this whole thing.

They remind me of Team RECK without the Kurt Angle type.

Bad News Gertner
05-24-2013, 11:56 AM
The Acolytes, Hollys and Too Cool were all big around that time as well.

Bad News Gertner
05-24-2013, 11:56 AM

That reference just went way over my head

The Condor
05-24-2013, 11:57 AM

<3 Team RECK <3

Bad News Gertner
05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Ah nevermind. Didn't realize that stable had a name. Didn't watch too muchwrestling between 2001 and 2003

Swiss Ultimate
05-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I watched more during that period than I did after I joined the Navy.

parkmania
05-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Is it just me or does Ambrose look like he wouldn't be out of place shedding the flak vest and joining a reunited Deuce and Domino?

Mr. Nerfect
05-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Tom Guycott and DeathtotheSwiss have made some great posts in here. I agree with them and feel that The Shield actually are larger than life. They handed The Undertaker his first loss in over five years. There's never really been a group just like them in the WWE and they make up for whatever shortcomings you can put on any specific member (whether it be a lack of mic skills, ring experience or size).

One of my little nephews describes The Shield as "army ninjas." If these guys were all giant, maybe they would have that extra "dominating" vibe about them, but they wouldn't be nearly as cool as they currently are, and their matches would be nowhere near as exciting. And no, it's not because I'm a sucker for "workra!e." It's the stories these guys can tell in the ring, it's how they bump, how they move and all that. Their ring psychology is pretty great, and that's helping them look credible and helps their matches often be the best part of any show.

They will need fresh opponents soon, and I actually think that the team of Sheamus & Randy Orton, given their past alignment, could be a perfect foil for a little bit. That six-man to close SmackDown was amazing.

Mr. Nerfect
05-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm also pretty bored by The Ryback. I enjoy his general heel attitude these days. He's "evolving" and growing a personality. I think there is potential in the "I've worked hard my entire life to be a beast and not be a shitty member of society like you guys" shtick that was hinted at on RAW. As a heel, people will really latch onto the losses Ryback suffers, and it will make him a pretty solid choice to put certain babyfaces over. I just can't really get into the idea of him being WWE Champion, though. There's something missing from him that I just can't put my finger on. I kind of feel like he kept losing to The Shield because they were always just more interesting than him. To have Ryback beat The Shield just never felt right.

Anyway, I know Gerts and #1-wwf-fan love the guy, but I just don't see that magic. He looks the part, he's got some good moves, and I don't even think he's a rubbish talker -- he just doesn't stick as well as I think he should for someone in his position. While he's much better than them in almost virtually every aspect, I kind of feel about Ryback challenging for the WWE Title like I would Mason Ryan or Ezekiel Jackson going for it. Just because they are ripped don't make them "larger than life," necessarily.

Mr. Nerfect
05-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Ryback also reminds me of Bonesaw from the first Spiderman movie as played by "Macho Man" Randy Savage. He's just this big, grunting "I'm going to get ya!" professional wrestling stereotype that I kind of feel has gone the way of the foreign heel in terms of its effectiveness. There was once a time when being big and grunting at the hero worked, but now people want their villains with Joker-like complexity. If you want to compare professional wrestling to superhero stories, that's fine, but you didn't just have overcharged heroes and "I'm going to squish the good guy" villains. Superman's greatest nemesis has always been Lex Luthor -- who used brains and resources to try and take him down. Not all heroes are Superman, either. Batman has no superpowers, but trains hard and gets ahead on skill and by rebounding from his loses and using knowledge of his foes to overcome them. CM Punk compliments John Cena as a top guy in this sense very well. Not everybody needs to be a brick wall that can hit you.

Also, Heath Slater is amazing. His psychology is fantastic. I'd love to see him get a crack as a babyface one day, although he should have a long career ahead of him as a heel that makes other people look good.

Mr. Nerfect
05-26-2013, 10:34 PM
That we see Seth Rollins fly across the ring and knee Kane in the face is believable enough for me. I see him do it, I see Kane sell it, I am sold the story that Rollins can knee Kane in the face and get away with it. Maybe it wouldn't have worked day one for Rollins, but The Shield have been great for explaining how Rollins is able to do this, and how he continues to get away with it. I now buy Rollins as being on that level.

#1-norm-fan
05-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Anyway, I know Gerts and #1-wwf-fan love the guy, but I just don't see that magic. He looks the part, he's got some good moves, and I don't even think he's a rubbish talker -- he just doesn't stick as well as I think he should for someone in his position.

The fact that they've literally done nothing but job him out since he started facing legit guys might have something to do with that. It's tough to care about a "monster" who can't win a match.

When he started that feud with Punk though you can't tell me that just anyone would have gotten the kind of reactions he was getting. It was magic. Crowds were eating it up and he was a breath of fresh air after years of people looking for the "next big thing". I don't even agree with Gertner that he should have won the title at HIAC. I thought the story was already set for Punk, Rock and Cena and the way they got out of the predicament of having to figure out an outcome that didn't fuck something up was perfect. The way he's been handled SINCE though is completely inexcusable and retarded given how over he was before the losing streak.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2013, 06:19 PM
I agree that he was getting over, but the dude's push has never really faltered. They've always given him a kayfabe reason for losing and he's been made to look like he can fight anyone in the WWE at any time. People just don't care any more because the character was never that interesting and, in my opinion, was always going to fizzle.

I'll compare Ryback to Batista for a second -- if you had just gotten Batista, had this really ripped, charismatic, solid big man destroy people with his lariats and his spinebusters and his powerbombs -- yeah, he might have gotten over and won the World Heavyweight Title had the company really tried and pushed him towards it. But Batista got over and became a consistent top-level star because he showed other things. He was a supporting player in Evolution, essentially there to be an enforcer to Triple H and Randy Orton. He got a few Tag Title reigns with Ric Flair, but he was never the main attraction of the group, and had he been pushed as such, it may not have worked. What Batista did show was a confidence, quiet charisma and bad-assery that eventually swelled up his following to the point where it was inevitable he would break away from the group. He wasn't dumb, he didn't keep hitting his head against the wall against "smarter" heels, and he was actually the one who first struck out against Triple H and Ric Flair. Yes, Triple H putting Batista over cleanly three times helped, but that became an inevitability given the chance to create a major star in front of them.

Ryback, whether because he lacks that extra spark Batista had, or merely for timing or creative reasons, has actually be a victim of booking that inevitably goes against him. He wasn't as interesting as CM Punk, and Punk vs. Rock was always going to be the attraction for the Royal Rumble -- it was always going to be the better match, the better storyline, the better promos, the better draw and just overall better -- so there was never any reason to go with this two-dimensional hoss as champion. That's why I suggested they never put Ryback in the situation at the time, and actually suggested Ryback turn on Vince McMahon and John Cena and align himself with Paul Heyman. Putting Ryback on the side of Heyman and Punk would have given Punk muscle, given Ryback time to develop a personality (why would he join them?), given Ryback two people to talk for him, and created a kayfabe situation where people could speculate that Punk and Heyman are trying to control Ryback because they are afraid of the threat he posses to the WWE Title.

Now he's a heel and the question isn't Goldberg's "Who next?" but "What next?" because the guy just seems to be an upper mid-card muscle-bound bad guy like any other we have seen. Just like when he was a babyface he was an upper mid-card muscle-bound good guy. We've never had motivation for Ryback, and while "he just likes to beat up people and be the best" exists, it's not really compelling when there are more interesting personas and stories going. Putting the WWE Title on him would just be like how they give every girl a chance with the Divas Title eventually.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Gertner likes to call people "vanilla midget" and such, but I find Ryback to be about as vanilla as they come. Maybe not the man behind the character, but both "Feed me more!" and "Ryback rules!" have been yawn-fests for me, as someone who enjoys characters and more kinetic storylines.

Bad News Gertner
05-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Ryback has the chance to be a mega star. The Shield are only going to be mega stars in the eyes of delusional smarks.

Skippord
05-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Ryback has the chance to be a mega star in the eyes of meatheads who don't like interesting characters

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 02:45 AM
I agree that he was getting over, but the dude's push has never really faltered. They've always given him a kayfabe reason for losing and he's been made to look like he can fight anyone in the WWE at any time. People just don't care any more because the character was never that interesting and, in my opinion, was always going to fizzle.

Really? Losing your first 6 real PPV matches doesn't falter your push? Come on. lol

They've always given him a reason for losing? They should have tried giving him a reason for winning at least once. Maybe winning matches can help a push. Crazy concept, I know.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 02:47 AM
Ryback has the chance to be a mega star. The Shield are only going to be mega stars in the eyes of delusional smarks.

It won't be as a heel though. The heel turn was a random last ditch effort after they fucked up his face push royally. We're seriously at a level of inept character development that wrestling has never seen before.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Back to Noid's point. Here's what I mean when I say Ryback should have beat Punk.

Ryback was getting over beating nobodies. Not even low card guys. Then he did a mini feud with Jinder Mahal. No need to rush. I was perfectly fine with that. It between he'd face guys like Reks/Hawkins, somehow beat Slater all the while getting over. Then Cena gets hurt and they scramble being short sighted and moving him straight into a feud with Punk. There was no need for it. You have a guy who is a beast, pretty agile, getting over beating nobodies, so why in the fuck do you put him in a feud with Punk! They weren't gonna take the title off Punk so why waste Ryback! His feud with Henry should have been his biggest feud yet if booked right. All I heard was "well his momentum won't get lost if he loses to Punk under fishy circumstances", despite my claims it would, and guess what? IT DID! Then they move him into a feud with a group that they weren't gonna have lose so early. Again, "well he'll lose under fishy circumstances, he won't lose momentum". Again, I said it would. IT DID! I don't mind him losing, but constantly putting him into feuds with guys you know aren't gonna lose, and it just killed his momentum. Ryback has been a complete waste and he's again in a feud with a fresh champ, not gonna win the title and continue fuck things up. He's a monster who was cheered. People like seeing guys like Ryback and Goldberg rip peoples heads off. Completely inept booking by the WWE and I rarely bitch about booking, but this is fucking retarded.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 03:11 AM
Exactly. The "fishy circumstances" thing I think worked with Punk. He literally didn't even actually lose. It was a fast count. And it took away the undefeated streak stigma without having him look weak by actually losing. Then he does his finisher on top of the cell and has a little moment to make him shine over the WWE champ. Like I said, I liked that. If they had kept him looking like a beast after that he would have been fine.

There's only so far you can take the "Well, BUT IT WAS UNDER FISHY CIRCUMSTANCES" thing though before you've got a guy just looking weak. Seriously... 7 PPV matches since he moved up to facing legit guys and he hasn't won a single match. After how over he was when he got in his first real feud. Fucking retarded.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Momentum is such and underrated thing in wrestling nowadays. Not only did they stop his momentum, they fucking killed it to the point where it almost seemed like they were terrified at the fact that someone was gonna get over and did everything they could to snuff it out. Like there were moles from TNA who got a job writing for them. lol

It was that blatantly awful.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 03:21 AM
Like how in the fuck does he not beat Henry? I heard they were setting Henry up to feud with Cena, but they go and move Henry to Sheamus and then have him lose? What the hell was the point of Ryback losing to Henry then? To set up a pointless Ryback heel turn? It makes no sense at all.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 03:23 AM
If anything, Ryback should have feuded with Big Show around Survivor Series/ Rumble time and then moved onto Henry. He should have been kept as far away from the World Title picture until Summerslam.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Ideally, yes.

But if Mark Henry is the "monster" you've got to put him up against at WrestleMania... How the fuck does it get is people's minds that putting Henry over Ryback is the right choice??? Jesus!

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Seriously. A room full of WELL PAID writers agreed that this was this was the smart decision. HOLY FUCK!

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 03:31 AM
Like how in the fuck does he not beat Henry? I heard they were setting Henry up to feud with Cena, but they go and move Henry to Sheamus and then have him lose? What the hell was the point of Ryback losing to Henry then? To set up a pointless Ryback heel turn? It makes no sense at all.

I didn't mind Henry beating Ryback, because it doesn't really hurt Ryback to lose to a guy like Henry, and especially when He's going to be fueding with Cena next.

But then yeah, they botched the follow up and the whole thing ended up being pointless.

I have enjoyed Ryback more as a Heel. He's shown more character lately.

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 03:35 AM
Also Mark Henry will eat your children. Henry going over is never a bad decision.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 03:40 AM
I didn't mind Henry beating Ryback, because it doesn't really hurt Ryback to lose to a guy like Henry, and especially when He's going to be fueding with Cena next.

But then yeah, they botched the follow up and the whole thing ended up being pointless.

I have enjoyed Ryback more as a Heel. He's shown more character lately.

It does when Ryback has lost 6 ppv matches in a row. And yes he's feuding with Cena: another guy who just became champ, who they aren't going to take title off. Chalk up another ppv loss.

You have to look at this in the grand scheme of things and not in a match by match basis. Losing to Henry isn't bad, but having Henry go and get dominated by Sheamus the following ppv just makes the Ryback and Henry feud a complete waste.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 03:41 AM
And Slowen get your retarded ass out of our thread.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Really, the plans were set in motion the very next night for Ryback vs. Cena. Let's face it, Henry is on his last legs. Ryback is just getting started. And you've already decided on Ryback to be the guy who challenges Cena next. Why the fuck do you continue to refuse to let him win a match? lol

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 03:48 AM
Losing to Henry after a continual streak of dominance is one thing. Losing to him after being booked as a loser for your entire career (not counting no-name jobbers) and then trying to be passed off as a monster title contender is beyond retarded.

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Well, maybe it will all work out for the best. No bigger rub than beating John Cena for the title, outside of maybe ending the streak.

Mark Henry can come back as a face, grinning like a fucking idiot like he always does when he's a face, and lose to Ryback.

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Has Ryback ever lost clean?

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 03:51 AM
Fignuts. He's not beating Cena right after Wrestlemania. Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Has Ryback ever lost clean?

Henry beat him clean and Ryback took the pin in the 6 man match against The Shield both on ppv.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Consecutive PPVs. His last two. And if you count the Royal Rumble, that would be another one.

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 04:00 AM
Well whatever, I don't see the point in talking about it really, it's in the past, and at the moment he is believably kicking the shit out of John Cena, and the crowd is going nuts for it, so all that bad booking couldn't have had that much of an impact.

Feel like they can turn him face again at any time, and it would work out just fine. At the moment though, I'm really enjoying the Ryback/cena feud.

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 04:00 AM
Jesus run on sentence

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 04:16 AM
therocksays post right there.

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 04:25 AM
I think Cena losing is unlikely but not entirely out of the question. Maybe not at Payback, but possibly SummerSlam. Even if Ryback loses the Ambulance match, he can argue that Cena has never actually pinned him. The chemistry between them isn't Cena/Punk level, but I think it's good enough to keep the fued going for a while.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm guessing with it being Summerslam, Cena is gonna get put into a megafeud

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Cena vs Ryback already is a megafued though. As one of the biggest PPVs of the year it would be a great place for the climax of the rivalry.

Can't really think of who else he can feud with anyway. Punk is supposedly facing Lesnar. Mark Henry is coming back a face.And anyone else wouldn't be as epic as Cena/Ryback.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2013, 04:43 AM
I can't see how Cena vs a guy who has never won a meaningful match is a megafeud.

Fignuts
05-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Because despite whatever bad booking he's been through, he still comes off as an enormous threat, and he's still one of the most over guys in the company.

Bad News Gertner
05-28-2013, 05:53 AM
The Wyatt Family are the ones to be booked as unstoppable. Bray is outstanding in his character, and Rowan/Harper are fucking beasts. WAY more interesting than The Shield.

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2013, 10:10 AM
I think the day of the Megastar is over. The closest thing we have to it is Cena. Even the Rock wasn't as big coming back as he was during the Attitude era. I don't even see Ryback as being the next Batista honestly.

I wouldn't mind being wrong about this, but haven't we been waiting for the next big wave of wrestling fans to make the industry main-stream for a while now? Hogan, Sting, Nash, Hall started the decline in interest when WCW went away. When they returned even Hogan VS. Rock and the NWO revival (botched as it was) didn't really bring things back to the level they were before. When Austin went away along with Mankind and Rock I feel like the age of the Megastar died (no Mankind wasn't a "Megastar", but he was close and good at getting guys crazy over ie. Rock, Triple H and Undertaker to a certain extent).

So I'm not worried about the Shield becoming Megastars, doubt they'll ever be anywhere near that level, but neither will Ryback, of Kofi or CM Punk or Daniel Bryan or Curt Axel.

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2013, 12:36 PM
The Shield sure does have a crazy record so far:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shield_(professional_wrestling)

Asmo
06-03-2013, 11:15 PM
http://blogs.poughkeepsiejournal.com/underthering/2013/06/01/under-the-ring-interview-with-dean-ambrose/

Just leaving this here.

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm on board with the thinking that Ryback should have never been booked against Punk. I hated it. I still think that they could have done Punk vs. Vince McMahon and had Punk get heat by kicking the shit out an old man. Say what you want about Vince, but people care about him and it'd be intriguing to see the owner fight a guy he's taller than lol.

And while I disagree with Ryback losing all the time, the fact is he's still contending for the WWE Title. That's what I mean when I say his push has never faltered. He's been on every PPV since he's main evented, which is more than, say, The Miz can claim.

I don't understand Ryback not beating Henry at WrestleMania either. That shit was stupid. He even then hit the Shell Shock on Henry. That was just bizarre. It's like they wanted another loss on Ryback just as a fuel for the heel turn, but they could have created a more energetic feud by just having Ryback target Cena and him actually have taken down the strongest man in the world at WrestleMania.

I still think that the WrestleMania card was all out of whack this year. I really believe that perfect booking for Ryback at WrestleMania would have been for him to have gotten into a verbal altercation with Big Show back when Show was the World Heavyweight Champion. Ryback would attack Big Show after he beat Sheamus in a World Title match and lay out Big Show with some Meat Hook clotheslines. Dolph Ziggler would then cash in and become the new World Heavyweight Champion. Big Show would then attack Ryback during the Royal Rumble Match and toss him out of the match, ruining Ryback's dreams of making it to the main event of the biggest show of the year. That would clear the way for John Cena or Chris Jericho to win the Rumble and set up Rock vs. Cena vs. Punk, Ziggler vs. Jericho and Show vs. Ryback as big matches for the show. As for what The Undertaker would do? If Taker were willing to work with him, you could put him against Sheamus, who has listed Taker as a dream opponent. As for what you do with Del Rio and Jack Swagger, who Ziggler and Jericho would have replaced in the title program? You have Del Rio win the United States Championship from Antonio Cesaro heading into WrestleMania and Del Rio talks about how proud he is to be US Champion and all that, and that's when you have Swagger return and target Del Rio. Their feud was pretty much treated as a mid-card rivalry anyway, and it wasn't promoted as the main event level attraction a World Title match at WrestleMania should be.

And just for fun, since this thread is about them, you have Randy Orton, Triple H and Batista team up to take on The Shield -- reuniting Evolution against the new faction on the block. Brock Lesnar would then take on Shawn Michaels in an Unsanctioned Street Fight, having lost to Triple H at Elimination Chamber due to HBK getting involved and helping his friend out. The Street Fight stipulation is used so that they can still bill HBK as being "retired." Throw in some solid championships matches -- Team Hell No defending the Tag Titles against the sudden alliance between Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno; Wade Barrett defending the Intercontinental Title against The Miz with David Otunga as the special referee (Otunga's past alliance with Wade Barrett is brought up by The Miz, and Barrett points out that The Miz teamed with Otunga at WrestleMania the year previous); Kaitlyn defending the Divas Title against her ex-best friend; and a "good for either championship" Money in the Bank Ladder Match and you've got a stacked, but great WrestleMania card.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
The Rock (c) vs. John Cena vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Chris Jericho

Unsanctioned Street Fight
Brock Lesnar vs. Shawn Michaels

Ryback goes after his biggest meal
Big Show vs. Ryback

Can The Celtic Warrior break the streak?
The Undertaker vs. Sheamus

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Evolution vs. The Shield

United States Championship - Submission Match?
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

Divas Championship
Kaitlyn (c) vs. AJ Lee

WWE Tag Team Championship
Team Hell No (c) vs. Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno

Intercontinental Championship
Special Guest Referee: David Otunga
Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Christian vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Mark Henry vs. R-Truth vs. Santino Marella vs. Sin Cara

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2013, 12:32 AM
The Shield are still working so well together, but I feel that Dean Ambrose seems to be running a little bit further with this thing than Rollins or Reigns are managing to. Both are doing great, and Rollins is especially into his role, but Ambrose seems the most notable of the three thus far.

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Really hope that at SummerSlam, Ambrose vs. Jericho happens for the US Title. I can't think of a challenger for Ambrose that I'd rather see more.

Heyman
09-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Looking back in retrospect, I think the WWE may have made a mistake in splitting up The Shield after Wrestlemania that one year.

The Shield were hot as fuck, and The Shield/Wyatt Family feud still had a lot of untapped potential.

DAMN iNATOR
09-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Looking back in retrospect, I think the WWE may have made a mistake in splitting up The Shield after Wrestlemania that one year.

The Shield were hot as fuck, and The Shield/Wyatt Family feud still had a lot of untapped potential.

Would've been after WM 31 in 2014, and to be more specific, the night after Payback 2014 on RAW, June 2, 2014 when Rollins turned heel and attacked Ambrose and Reigns.

Ruien
09-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Besides for a Wyatt Family feud there was nothing else for them to do. And honestly, they just beat Orton, HHH, and Batista multiple times super cleanly. Were the Wyatts really going to contend with the Shield?