PDA

View Full Version : Fable HD Remake.

Drakul
06-04-2013, 11:40 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2EhswZYju0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In addition to the visual upgrade, to include better lighting and textures in high definition, the game will get an updated control scheme and user interface, Timmins said. Fable's original save system was considered outdated, Timmins said, and so it too will be modified in order to accommodate Fable: The Lost Chapters. Smartglass functionality also will be included.

I'm looking forward to it. I bought the original on the 360 after finishing Fable II for the tenth time but just couldn't get into it. Maybe having it specifically made for the 360 will help.

whiteyford
06-04-2013, 12:05 PM
It can't be anymore disappointing than the third game.

Drakul
06-04-2013, 12:07 PM
The third game was going fine up until a certain point. I played Fable II over and over but only did Fable III once.

whiteyford
06-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I enjoyed 3, it just always felt like it could be so much better, think I avoided all the DLC where as with 2 I got it all. I enjoyed the 1st game so I can see me getting this though, keep me going till 4.

Drakul
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Like I said, I couldn't get into 1 and I'm not totally sure why. Maybe because it felt like it was really vague and all over the place. Especially with the controls being a little off with the white and black buttons now being bumpers or whatever.

The Jayman
06-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I liked Fable III but my biggest gripes were the main quest/story was too short and there was not alot of side quests to do. It just felt like you could complete the entire game, main/side quests, in 1 day

whiteyford
06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
The holding hands thing got old real quick.

Drakul
06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
The fact that there was very likely no "good" options for your decisions as king was probably my biggest issue.
So I can either do A and bring money to my people but pollute the air or I can do B and have a kingdom of fresh air and poor people starving to death. Either way they'll hate me. Why would I go through the entire game as a goody-two-shoes prince if everyone was going to hate me in the end?
There was no middle ground. I couldn't do A to a degree but just enough for a small benefit to my people. It's either total pollution or complete starvation.

The fact my kingdom was deserted with the exception of, like, 5 haters, really didn't help.

Unless it was some reference to the relationship between gamers and developers. No matter what they do, they'll get ridiculed. Not sure they should let a "message" get in the way of a game.

Heisenberg
06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Any excuse to return to Albion will suffice.

-Heisenberg

Supreme Chicken Chaser and Arseface