PDA

View Full Version : Instead of Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow at Payback

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Would this scenario offend anyone:

On RAW, we get a rematch of Main Event, with Antonio Cesaro challenging Sheamus again, because he believes he can defeat The Celtic Warrior. After the two big men beat the crap out of each other, Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes hit the ring, attacking Sheamus and laying him out with some of their signature moves. Antonio Cesaro, who is confused as to why Rhodes Scholars are attacking Sheamus now hears Justin Roberts announce "The winner of this match, as a result of a disqualification...SHEAMUS!" Cesaro hears that and doesn't like the sound of it at all. Rhodes & Sandow keep kicking Sheamus while he is down and ask him if he feels like a winner. Cesaro then hits the ring and hits some stiff European uppercuts on Rhodes Scholars and clears them out of the ring. Sheamus slowly gets to his feet and Cesaro leaves the ring and the cameras pick him up saying "I will defeat you, but I will do so when you are at your best!"

SmackDown rolls around and Cesaro is facing Cody Rhodes, since Cesaro almost uppercutted his head off on RAW. On the way to the ring, Cesaro cuts a walking promo where he says that he thought Rhodes and Sandow were smart people, but they did something pretty dumb on RAW when they cost him his match against Sheamus. He'll leave enough brain cells that they'll regret that. Cesaro is in firm control, but eventually Rhodes does something heelish to take over. Cesaro fights out and uses his power to get back in the game, but Sandow distracts the referee as Cesaro has a pin on Rhodes. Cesaro leaves the ring and gets right in Sandow's face. "If you touch me, you are disqualified and I win." Sandow realises he can't strike Cesaro, and Antonio proceeds to throw Sandow around the ringside area. He then gets back in the ring but is caught with a Disaster Kick as he is entering. Rhodes then drags him into the middle of it for a Cross Rhodes and gets the pin on the former United States Champion.

After the match, a furious Sandow enters the ring and starts stomping Cesaro. Rhodes joins in. Sheamus then hits the ring at a sprint and clears the ring of both Rhodes and Sandow. Sheamus roars and poses as Cesaro gets to his feet. Sheamus says that he's had enough of these two horses arses, so how about Cesaro, a competitor Sheamus actually respects, teams up with him at Payback to get some on Rhodes & Sandow. Cesaro offers his hand to Sheamus and then says that he will help Sheamus, but then he will get his match with The Celtic Warrior and defeat him. Sheamus seems to like the idea of getting the chance to pound on Cesaro again, too.

Payback rolls around and Rhodes Scholars hit the ring and Sandow maybe cuts a bit of a heel promo, because he's really good at that. "You cheer for CM Punk? Really?" Cesaro's music then hits and he comes out and cuts a promo on the way to the ring. "I don't often ask for a mic, so when I do you know it's because I've got something important to say...and tonight it's because I thought of something funny. The reason you two grow your facial hair and are so proud of it, is because you don't feel like real men!" Cesaro then says something to Sandow in different languages and asks Sandow "Well?" Sandow says he doesn't understand what he's saying. Cesaro reveals that he called Sandow a moron in four different languages. Sheamus then comes out and tag match begins.

Cesaro is the babyface who gets isolated by the heels, but at the usual point in the match where the babyface makes the hot tag out, Cesaro actually refuses and makes a solo babyface comeback against Rhodes Scholars. Sheamus seems frustrated by the lack of tag as the announcers remind us that Cesaro feels he has something to prove against Sheamus. Eventually, as Cesaro looks to finish Sandow with The Neutralizer, Rhodes hits a Disaster Kick on Cesaro. Sandow needs to tag out, but Cesaro concedes it is his time, too, and tags in Sheamus who goes right after Rhodes. Sheamus beats Rhodes around the ring a bit, but then tosses him right into his corner and tells Sandow to tag in, since this is the rivalry that started the whole issue. Sandow does so and also gets kicked around. Sheamus hits White Noise and goes for the pin, but Rhodes breaks up the pin. Cesaro then runs in and takes out Rhodes. Maybe Cesaro even surprises us with a high-risk dive or something onto Rhodes here. Sheamus is surprised and then sets up Sandow for a Brogue Kick. It connects, but as the referee is bringing his arm down for the three, Cesaro catches it and Sheamus gets off Sandow and right into Cesaro's face. "What's your problem, fella!?" Cesaro tells Sheamus to "Go for the Cloverleaf submission." Sheamus shrugs and then busts out the Texas Cloverleaf, forcing Sandow to submit to the makeshift European team of Sheamus and Cesaro.

RAW rolls around and there's another tag team rematch between the two sides from Payback. They do a backstage segment in the lockerroom where Sheamus approaches Cesaro. "You know, Tony, you were really impressive in that tag match last night, but you didn't tag out. You need to play ball." Cesaro reminds Sheamus that they won the match, and that the only reason he is teaming with Sheamus again tonight, is because beating up Team Rhodes Scholars was fun. Then he is going to come after Sheamus and defeat him. Sheamus says that Cesaro might beat him, but then Sheamus would just beat him another nine times to prove the statistic right. They make some jokes about each other's hair, or lack thereof -- you know, WWE comedy stuff -- and then head to the ring together to face the heels.

On the way to the ring, Cesaro has the mic again and says that for everyone who missed Payback, you missed out on Cesaro's very funny joke. He will tell it again so that everyone can have another laugh, and Cesaro repeats his bit about Rhodes and Sandow not being men. Cesaro laughs at his own joke and then Sheamus comes out and looks disgusted that Cesaro would repeat his own joke. The two then proceed to wrestle a length tag match with Rhodes Scholars, this time with Sheamus as the babyface-in-peril. This time, Sheamus makes the comeback and refuses to tag in Cesaro. JBL can rip Sheamus for doing the same thing he told Cesaro not to. Sheamus then needs to tag in Cesaro who goes on a tear, things break down, and a Brogue Kick into Rhodes sends him into position for a Neutralizer from Cesaro for the pin. Cesaro & Sheamus celebrate together and then Sheamus nails Cesaro with a Brogue Kick, reminding everyone that they are rivals.

The two are entered into a Money in the Bank Ladder Match together, and Cesaro maybe even gets to defeat Sheamus on a televised show sometime before then to further build his credibility as an awkward Swiss babyface, who is really just a face because heels annoy him.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2013, 02:18 AM
tl;dr version:

* Sheamus' problems with Damien Sandow evolve to include Cody Rhodes.

* Antonio Cesaro's rivalry with Sheamus leads to him actually protecting Sheamus so that he can beat him at his best.

* The two form an awkward tag team that just wants to beat the shit out of each other to beat the shit out of Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow.

* Cesaro develops a more goofy personality where he retells lame jokes he makes about his opponents, but shows a toughness in the ring and is somewhat respectable as a competitor, if brutal.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2013, 02:20 AM
The two can do backstage comedy skits where Sheamus brings Cesaro a joke book as a gift for Cesaro's birthday. "It's not my birthday," "Well have it anyway, fella! It's more important that you don't make everyone's ears bleed with your terrible jokes." *Cesaro tosses the book away* "I do not need these jokes. I am the funniest man in the world in five languages."

It might make Cesaro a bit more interesting, since as a marauding heel, he's just sort of there.

Bad News Gertner
06-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Cesaro wil never be interesting. Just release him back to the minors.

Droford
06-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Team too many neins

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Cesaro wil never be interesting. Just release him back to the minors.

Never? Ever ever?

Bad News Gertner
06-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Ever ever

Bad News Gertner
06-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I've totally lost what interest I had in Cesaro

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2013, 07:43 AM
What was your interest and why can't it be reclaimed?

Bad News Gertner
06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
He's a bigger guy, decent look.....and then he starting talking and that was that.

Bad News Gertner
06-06-2013, 08:43 AM
He's a guy who would benefit immensely if he were in some sort of group. He could be 3MB gay European manager.

The Condor
06-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Rhodes Scholars, while I enjoy them, are dead in the water with the other tag teams seemingly getting pushed over them. I want to see Sandow do something in singles competition with only a loose alliance with Cody.

Tommy Gunn
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Antonio doesn't need to cut killer promos, he communicates with european uppercuts.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2013, 07:16 PM
He's a guy who would benefit immensely if he were in some sort of group. He could be 3MB gay European manager.

I agree. I'd be totally for Cesaro becoming a Paul Heyman Guy, just to see how Heyman sells us on Cesaro. Maybe not right away, since now should be Curtis Axel's time, but I think down the track it could work.

Bad News Gertner
06-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Id much rather see Cesaro in Axel's role. Axel might be the worst guy pushed since Mabel.

Shisen Kopf
06-07-2013, 12:20 AM
tl;dr version:

* Sheamus' problems with Damien Sandow evolve to include Cody Rhodes.

* Antonio Cesaro's rivalry with Sheamus leads to him actually protecting Sheamus so that he can beat him at his best.

* The two form an awkward tag team that just wants to beat the shit out of each other to beat the shit out of Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow.

* Cesaro develops a more goofy personality where he retells lame jokes he makes about his opponents, but shows a toughness in the ring and is somewhat respectable as a competitor, if brutal.

This was also too long. Only posts about Bobby Jaggers should be this long.

Skippord
06-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Id much rather see Cesaro in Axel's role. Axel might be the worst guy pushed since Mabel.
I think you're forgetting about Ryback

Bad News Gertner
06-07-2013, 12:50 AM
THE RYBACK hasn't been pushed hard enough.

Skippord
06-07-2013, 12:57 AM
THE RYBACK hasn't been pushed hard enough.
The only push he deserves is a push into the unemployment line.

Bad News Gertner
06-07-2013, 01:02 AM
I literally want RYBACK to paralyze CM Punk in a match.

Mr. Nerfect
06-07-2013, 01:11 AM
I would totally have bought Ryback joining CM Punk last year and then eventually turning on him and getting a monster face push right about now.

Skippord
06-07-2013, 01:19 AM
I literally want RYBACK to paralyze CM Punk in a match.
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

Nicky Fives
06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
sounds good to me.... I'd also like to see Cesaro paired with Matt Striker, where Striker would be his "wrestling historian" mouthpiece, comparing him to the greats of the past (Gotch, Hackenschmidt, etc.)

Curd
06-10-2013, 07:02 PM
You inoffensively put Sheamus, Cesaro, and Rhodes Scholars into a tried and true formula. Good coherence, as usual. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
sounds good to me.... I'd also like to see Cesaro paired with Matt Striker, where Striker would be his "wrestling historian" mouthpiece, comparing him to the greats of the past (Gotch, Hackenschmidt, etc.)

I would not be opposed to this at all.