PDA

View Full Version : Book 'em Danno- 07/03/2013

blak23
07-03-2013, 09:08 PM
So, been a member for a good while and thought I'd try to do something interesting. I am going to try to do a regular thread where I analyze wrestlers and see where I could see them getting most over. Feel free to to comment reject or disagree with my ideas or add on constructively.

The first wrestler I'd like to talk about Seth Rollins.
The Shield have been booked strongly upon entering the WWE; now they seem to be in a lull. I would not take the tag titles off of them yet, but we all it will happen sometime so here is where I think they will go after the eventual break.

We will start with a guy I call the Wild Card, one Seth Rollins.

Rollins gets a lot of flack from the IWC for not being what WWE looks for or as the guy having the lowest upside. I believe that the comparisons to CM Punk don't help. I think Seth is more comparable to Jeff Hardy.

Seth could easily be a Jeff Hardy/ Extremist type wrestler. He has the look, has the move set and with his superior mic skills he could easily become a household name like Hardy was when he was still in the midcard. I understand that WWE would need to care about the midcard again but I feel if they ever do Seth Rollins would be a great pillar to build around.

Key Matches:
Rollins vs. Gabriel
Rollins vs. Axel
Rollins vs. Sandow

Key Feuds:
Rollins (face) vs. Axel (heel) IC belt
Rollins (face) vs. Sandow (heel) Intellect vs. Extreme
Rollins (face) vs. 3mb(heel) Whose Rock is better

Thank You guys for reading and tell me what you guys think. I am looking for some feedback.

Until next time, Have a great evening.

Lock Jaw
07-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Does Seth Rollins really have "superior mic skills"?

blak23
07-03-2013, 09:16 PM
To Jeff Hardy yes, yes he does

Vastardikai
07-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Does Seth Rollins really have "superior mic skills"?

Compared to a Jericho or a Punk? No.

Compared to the average wrestler? Sure. He speaks clearly, doesn't sound utterly retarded when he does so.

blak23
07-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Compared to a Jericho or a Punk? No.

Compared to the average wrestler? Sure. He speaks clearly, doesn't sound utterly retarded when he does so.

Exactly, Seth can more than hold his own on the mic.

Bad News Gertner
07-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Compared to drywall, Seth has slightly better mic skills.

Vastardikai
07-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Compared to drywall, Seth has slightly better mic skills.

That said, maybe "superior" isn't the word we're looking for. I think I'd go for "adequate."

#1-norm-fan
07-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Seth Rollins has superior mic skills... to The Great Khali.

blak23
07-03-2013, 11:07 PM
I meant superior to Jeff Hardy's mic skills

Bad News Gertner
07-03-2013, 11:12 PM
It's a tie, they both lose

blak23
07-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Rollins would make an excellent midcard champ until it becomes time to prove himself and move forward.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-04-2013, 08:03 AM
If he did that gaylord moshing thing he did in nxt he'd be so embarrassing to watch.

Shisen Kopf
07-04-2013, 08:23 AM
I hate Seth Rollin's hair. It angers me.

Anybody Thrilla
07-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I like Seth Rollins, but I don't think I'd like him as a face so much. He just looks like a dickhead. Have him be an obviously talented dickhead and book him in matches like that one he had with Daniel Bryan on Raw a few weeks ago, and he's a great roster piece.

blak23
07-04-2013, 10:57 PM
The cocky heel? I just don't see it. I think the mosh pit, high energy entrance works. Maybe tone it down a tad but it would make him unique. I just get the same feel I did when Jeff started his good singles push. People will love Rollins

Lock Jaw
07-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Giraffe gimmick

Lock Jaw
07-04-2013, 11:12 PM
http://jasonrivera.com/images/articles/20121004_2_1623/vlcsnap-00009.jpg

blak23
07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Um...Anyway

Anybody Thrilla
07-05-2013, 04:34 AM
The cocky heel? I just don't see it. I think the mosh pit, high energy entrance works. Maybe tone it down a tad but it would make him unique. I just get the same feel I did when Jeff started his good singles push. People will love Rollins

I never said 'cocky'. I said 'dickhead'. Not the same thing.

blak23
07-05-2013, 07:50 AM
What's the difference?

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Cocky refers to arrogance. Being a dickhead refers to a general dislikeability -- like you wouldn't want to hang out with that guy. Cocky guys can be charismatic and enjoyable. I'm not saying I agree, but I think that may be Mr. Thrilla's point.

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I see the Jeff Hardy comparisons. Personally, I don't think Rollins is not bad on the mic, either. I think he gets solid passing grades. I think the high-risk "goes to the beat of his own drum" quality that Rollins possesses would allow him to get very over as a babyface. He'd need branding behind him to make any of the merchandising Jeff Hardy ever made, but it's not impossible.

I also don't think that Rollins is limited to a mid-card role. He's already mixed it up with main event talents and has proven that he can utilise his strengths enough to believably hang with them. I think he'd be limited to the IC/US Title level much like Jeff Hardy was. Sure, he might languish there for a while to build a resume and draw attention to those programs, but when the time comes he could climb to the surface. If Dean Ambrose, for example, becomes the World Heavyweight Champion, Rollins could believably defeat Ambrose and have a really entertaining series of matches with him -- as the two proved they could in FCW. It's hard to imagine him leaving The Shield one week and suddenly being the company's top babyface the next week, however -- unless the guy somehow strikes lightning.

parkmania
07-05-2013, 12:27 PM
I never said 'cocky'. I said 'dickhead'. Not the same thing.

What's the difference?

Cocky is Dolph Ziggler or Mr. Perfect. Dickhead is "Double J" Jeff Jarrett.

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 11:24 AM
That's close enough. :y: