PDA

View Full Version : Who's in your top ten right now? (July 2013)

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Including both WWE and TNA wrestlers, who are your favorite performers to watch right now?

For me (in no particular order):

Daniel Bryan
Austin Aries
CM Punk
The Shield (they can count as one if you'd like)
Mr. Anderson
Dolph Ziggler
Bad Influence (I guess all tag teams can count as one)
Kurt Angle
Damien Sandow
Chris Jericho

Yeah. I think it's something like that. Use this thread to present your own top ten or talk about anybody else's however you'd like.

Tommy Gunn
07-06-2013, 12:45 PM
(in no particular order)

Antonio Cesaro
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Ryback
CM Punk
Curtis Axel
Brock Lesnar
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler

Couldn't think of a 10th, didn't want to just add a name to get the list to 10, so there's my top 9 :) Take out Lesnar and Punk and it's fair to say I'm very invested in the upper-midcard scene and the break out stars of tomorrow.

Mr. Pierre
07-06-2013, 12:49 PM
1) Dean Ambrose
2) CM Punk
3) Randy Orton
4) Daniel Bryan
5) Mark Henry
6) Dolph Ziggler
7) Fandango
8) Chris Jericho
9) Rollins/Reigns
10) Kane

Ermaximus
07-06-2013, 01:03 PM
1) Daniel Bryan
2) Cody Rhodes
3) Dolph Ziggler
4) Justin Gabriel
5) Dean Ambrose
6) Seth Rollins
7) Chris Jericho
8) CM Punk
9) The Usos
10) Christian

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-06-2013, 01:13 PM
In no particular order:

Austin Aries
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Christopher Daniels
Mr. Anderson
Damien Sandow
Bully Ray
Robbie E.
Mark Henry
Dolph Ziggler

Rammsteinmad
07-06-2013, 01:25 PM
No order:

CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
Antonio Cesaro
Christian
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Kurt Angle
Austin Aries

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
In no particular order:

Austin Aries
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Christopher Daniels
Mr. Anderson
Damien Sandow
Bully Ray
Robbie E.
Mark Henry
Dolph Ziggler

Pretty similar to mine. Glad to see someone else list Mr. Anderson. He's been fun for a while now. Also, I see you have Daniels, but no Kaz. No love for Francoise, The Secretary of Offense?

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 01:35 PM
1) Daniel Bryan
2) Cody Rhodes
3) Dolph Ziggler
4) Justin Gabriel
5) Dean Ambrose
6) Seth Rollins
7) Chris Jericho
8) CM Punk
9) The Usos
10) Christian

I want to get into the Usos, but I just can't. They're good in the ring, but the character is just so...typical. I liked them when they debuted as atypical Samoans...but that mindset obviously didn't last.

James Steele
07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Generally in this order:

CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
The Shield
Cody Rhodes
Chris Jericho
AJ Styles
Wade Barrett
Kofi Kingston (Hope he comes back soon)
Damien Sandow

Honorable Mentions:

Triple H (Still holding out hope he'll return full-time for one more run).
Kurt Angle (He has gotten to the point where he has done everything in TNA and just floats around being fucking amazing. Even the MEM stuff is glorified re-tread)
Yoshi Tatsu (Fuck WWE for not using this man.)
Antonio Cesaro/Jack Swagger (Good matches, but very little to get excited about character wise.
Brad Maddox (I love Brad Maddox.)

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
No order:

CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
Antonio Cesaro
Christian
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Kurt Angle
Austin Aries

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/841/136/RomanReigns_display_image.jpg?1355970387

The Condor
07-06-2013, 01:40 PM
No particular order:

Jericho
Bully Ray
Mark Henry
Sandow
Cesaro
Big E. Langston
Daniel Bryan
Zeb Colter
AJ Lee
And it may be different but I think Del Rio is going strong right now and for as much as I like Ziggler, Im liking Del Rio right now and don't know how I feel about him dropping the title after a month long reign where he has been as entertaining as he ever had been.

Bad News Gertner
07-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Slater
Sheamus
Sandow
Rhodes
Cesaro
Ryback
Daniel Bryan
Prime Time Players (counting them as one)
Big.E.Langston
Kane

Bad News Gertner
07-06-2013, 01:41 PM
So many vanilla midgets, so little money

Ermaximus
07-06-2013, 01:51 PM
I want to get into the Usos, but I just can't. They're good in the ring, but the character is just so...typical. I liked them when they debuted as atypical Samoans...but that mindset obviously didn't last.

Acquired taste my friend, much like Gabriel. I'm pretty sure I am the ONLY fan of Justin Gabriel on all of TPWW.

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Acquired taste my friend, much like Gabriel. I'm pretty sure I am the ONLY fan of Justin Gabriel on all of TPWW.

I think he's decent. He was clutch in Nexus.

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 01:53 PM
So many vanilla midgets, so little money

How much of this "money" do you see yourself?

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Also, I don't think there's anything "vanilla" about Austin Aries outside of possibly his skin tone. That dude is good.

Emperor Smeat
07-06-2013, 02:24 PM
In no order:
The Shield
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan - #1 overall right now
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Lee
Mark Henry
Kane

Non-wrestler honorable mentions:
Zeb Coutler
Paul Heyman

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Somehow, Curtis Axel is growing on me. Never thought he would. I think it's the theme song.

Bad News Gertner
07-06-2013, 03:38 PM
You know I tried giving you the olive branch of peace by voting for a couple of your people. Big PTP fan. I guess we all know who the bigger man is.

Heisenberg
07-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Roman Reigns-intimidating and works well in his pitbull position

Jack Swagger-I'm ready to see his push with Colter at the helm

Antonio Cesaro-see Jack Swagger

Daniel Bryan-little man makes me laugh and has put on some nice matches

CM Punk-just like how his return was handled and his smooth transition back into full time

Dolph Ziggler-still a young guy, hopefully he can bounce back from the terrible timing of his injuries and perform at higher strength.

The Rhodes Scholars-waiting for the breakthrough and something good for these guys

Bad Influence-always have been a big fan of Daniels and Kaz is showing improvement on the mic

James Storm-feel like they are going to give him a run in the future, miss the Beer Money tag team

Austin Aries-the Tweener of TNA, don't know what he'll do each week, can be plugged in anywhere and work a whole array of nice matches.

dronepool
07-06-2013, 03:58 PM
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
RVD
Chris Jericho

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Pretty similar to mine. Glad to see someone else list Mr. Anderson. He's been fun for a while now. Also, I see you have Daniels, but no Kaz. No love for Francoise, The Secretary of Offense?
I like them both, especially during the last year when Kazarian has shown some real personality. However, I still rank him slightly below Daniels.

#1-norm-fan
07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
If I'm strictly keeping it to performers I currently enjoy watching as opposed to performers who I love but are currently used in a way that makes them horrible to watch (Ryback)...

Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Joseph Park/Abyss
Damien Sandow
Fandango
Chris Jericho
Dolph Ziggler
CM Punk
Mr. Anderson
Bully Ray

Ultra Mantis
07-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Daniel Bryan
Fandango
Sandow
Ziggler
Cody Rhodes
Jericho
Chris Sabin
The Shield
Christian
Cesaro

blak23
07-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Daniel Bryan
Austin Aries
CM Punk
The Shield
AJ
Dolph Ziggler
Mark Henry
Bray Wyatt
Damien Sandow
Paige

blak23
07-06-2013, 07:07 PM

I love Gabriel. He is one of those guys that would be a staple to a strong midcard

Theo Dious
07-06-2013, 07:28 PM
The Shield
Daniel Bryan
Curtis Axel
Kane
Christian
Dolph Ziggler
Kaitlyn
AJ
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow

Bad News Gertner
07-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Really hoping Sandow wins MITB. Probably my most enjoyable wrestler right now.

The Jayman
07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
ChristianDaniel Bryan
Kane
Orton
Jericho
Del Rio
Swagger
CM Punk
Damien Sandow
Kaitlyn

Juan
07-06-2013, 08:22 PM
CM Punk
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
Damien Sandow
The Shield
Chris Jericho
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro
Cody Rhodes
Alberto Del Rio

el bobbo
07-06-2013, 10:05 PM
In no order:

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
Bully Ray
Christian
Chris Jericho
AJ Lee
Mark Henry
The Shield

Shisen Kopf
07-06-2013, 10:07 PM
ustin Aries
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Christopher Daniels
Mr. Anderson
Damien Sandow
Bully Ray
Robbie E.
Mark Henry
Dolph Ziggler

Shisen Kopf
07-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Or maybe

CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
Antonio Cesaro
Christian
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Kurt Angle
Austin Aries

Lock Jaw
07-06-2013, 10:15 PM
In no order

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Christian
Chris Jericho
Kane
Antonio Cesaro
Dean Ambrose
Alberto Del Rio
Dolph Ziggler
Mark Henry

el bobbo
07-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I hate to say this, but it needs to be said after watching this week's Smackdown.

CM Punk needs to gain some weight. He looks way too skinny right now.

el bobbo
07-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I hate to say this, but it needs to be said after watching this week's Smackdown.

CM Punk needs to gain some weight. He looks way too skinny right now.

He looks fucking great, looks like he's in the best shape of his fucking life, but he looks unbelievable.

#Gertner

Shisen Kopf
07-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Changed my mind

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Christian
Chris Jericho
Kane
Antonio Cesaro
Dean Ambrose
Alberto Del Rio
Dolph Ziggler
Mark Henry

Bad News Gertner
07-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Now what on Earth was that. I would never say such a thing.

Lock Jaw
07-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Changed my mind

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Christian
Chris Jericho
Kane
Antonio Cesaro
Dean Ambrose
Alberto Del Rio
Dolph Ziggler
Mark Henry

Good list

Bad News Gertner
07-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Huge Christian fan. Guy is great.

el bobbo
07-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Now what on Earth was that. I would never say such a thing.

He is vegan/vegetarian, but he is banging Lita.

Deciding between meat and banging Lita would be a decision I couldn't wrap my head around.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2013, 10:40 AM
You know I tried giving you the olive branch of peace by voting for a couple of your people. Big PTP fan. I guess we all know who the bigger man is.

Is this directed at me?

MoFo
07-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Randy Orton x 10

Hon MentionS - The Rock, HHH, Lesnar, Undertaker

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 12:26 PM
In Order:

1) CM Punk/Daniel Bryan TIE
3) Dean Ambrose
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Mark Henry.
6) AJ Lee.
7) Seth Rollins.
8) Antonio Cesaro.
9) Curtis Axel
10) Chris Jericho

Honorable Mention
Fandango, Team Rhode Scholars, Del Rio.

Innovator
07-07-2013, 12:56 PM
CM PunkDaniel Bryan
Dean Ambrose
Mark Henry
Antonio Cesaro
Magnus
Sami Zayn
Austin Aries
Roman Reigns
Paige/Emma tie for 10th spot women shout out

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2013, 11:49 PM
1. Daniel Bryan

-The dude "gets it" and has been tearing it up. He's perpetually over and he makes whoever he works with look amazing. I know rumors have him facing John Cena at SummerSlam, but I'd rather Bryan beat Alberto Del Rio (that match would be amazing) for the World Heavyweight Championship and wrestle Del Rio and Ziggler a thousand times each. Cena and Bryan can then be put over as contemporaries that are both banging The Bellas.

2. CM Punk

-He's probably one fo the best performers the WWE has ever had and he's getting to the stage where your casual fan respects him enough that he can be plugged into the main event scene as a top face at any time. I'd actually really love it if Punk became Intercontinental Champion over the next couple of months. I think he would really make people care about that title. If I had to decide on someone to win the 2014 Royal Rumble right now, I would build Punk up for it and a WWE Title match against the current franchise player, John Cena.

3. Dean Ambrose (and The Shield)

I still love The Shield, but my favorite has got to be Dean Ambrose. This guy just puts it all together so well. He's naturally charismatic on the mic, he's a fantastic seller, and he finds a way to work credibly for his size. He seems like a three-dimensional personality too. I don't want to sound too cynical, but I am kind of getting "over" The Shield, though. I wonder if after SummerSlam it might be time to have them turn on each other and fight over the United States Title for a few months?

4. Paul Heyman and whatever he does

-He's such a fantastic speaker and he always breathes far more interest into whatever it is he talking about. He's such a useful commodity to the WWE.

5. Chris Jericho

-He's like the new Shawn Michaels to me. Things seem pretty locked down as far as the title picture goes, but when he's around and if there is no one getting an obvious push towards the gold, I'd love it if Jericho racked up a few title reigns here and there. Some will say that Jericho doesn't "need" the title to be over and relevant, but I'm a firm believer that the title should spend as much time on the best in the company, and on some nights, that could very easily be Chris Jericho.

6. Antonio Cesaro (with Zeb Colter)

-This guy works like magic. To be honest, I didn't think I would enjoy him as much as I have. He commands his matches like no other and he oozes credibility. With Colter there to now point him in a direction and cut promos for him, I'd love to see Cesaro go on a tear. Give him some clean wins over Rey Mysterio when that guy gets back. I also wouldn't be opposed to Cesaro and Colter dumping Swagger and Cesaro beating a babyface Swagger. Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro would be a fun match too, with Cesaro stretching out RVD some bizarre ways. I just look forward to seeing this guy wrestle each week.

7. Paige

-Love, love, love this girl. She's cute, she can work and she connects. I'm a big believer that women's wrestling can be more than just "Hey, this girl doesn't like this girl this week because they got into a fight in the make-up area." Paige represents that as much as anybody.

8. Alberto Del Rio

-He can work as a babyface so well, but his character is just such a heel and he rocks it. Would like to see Del Rio pay off Big E. Langston to turn on Dolph Ziggler at Money in the Bank and help Del Rio retain. Del Rio then goes on to drop the World Heavyweight Title to Daniel Bryan in a classic match while Ziggler beats his former pal. Del Rio is a heel that has some sort of credible vibe about him too. He's been running from Ziggler, but when the chips are down he's ruthless and effective.

9. Christian

-I support Christian in the ring and on the microphone, but his babyface persona is kind of bland. I would love to see Christian tweak it slightly to be a guy who will do whatever it takes to win, channelling a bit of Eddie Guerrero. Babyface Christian in the ring with heel Christian's personality. One feud I actually really want to see Mark Henry in is one against Christian. I think it would tell a great big man/little man story, with Christian bringing up his success in the Attitude era while Henry was busy fathering hands. Captain Charisma could represent Henry's insecurities with his past.

9. Emma

-She's my second favorite girl in the company next to Paige. She's another girl that has actually been able to develop a personality, and lo and behold -- she's over! Would love to see her called up as Brad Maddox's assistant and using her zany antics to get under the skin of Vickie Guerrero.

Honorable Mention: Sami Zayn

-He's such a natural when it comes to talking and presenting himself. I'm not a big believer that all Superstars need to look the same, and although Zayn doesn't have the aesthetic appeal of your usual legit Superstar, I hope that they somehow find a way to make Zayn appealing and sympathetic to the "WWE Universe" so that he has a shot at getting over. I could see him ending up as a manager or something, to be honest. He's so good in the ring, though. I bought him defeating Antonio Cesaro, and Cesaro is far from the smallest guy on the roster. They could present Zayn as some sort of "Wonder Kid" who can find ways to use his abilities to survive with the giants.

Black Widow
07-08-2013, 01:02 AM
1) CM Punk
2) AJ lee/Summer Rae
3) Ambrose
4) Jericho
5) Daniel Bryan
6) Taryn Terrell
7) Orton
8) Sabin
9) Reigns
10) Rollins

Wishbone
07-08-2013, 02:58 AM
1) Daniel Bryan. The guy is doing amazing things and really making me love him more then ever.
2) Sheamus. Despite him not doing anything worth while in a long time he's still consistently entertaining in the ring, and I still believe he has mountains of potential if they'd just drop the "smiley face" thing.
3) CM Punk. Always been a fan of face Punk and while his heel character was still on my top ten list it wasn't nearly as high. If his program with Lesnar is as good as I anticipate he'll likely move up to #1.
4) James Storm. I just love the cowboy gimmick and find him entertaining even when he's doing a stupid program like he is now.
5) Chris Jericho. Always have and always will be a Jericholic. This man can do no wrong.
6) Christopher Daniels. The fact that this guy isn't in WWE is a tragedy. He's one of the most entertaining heels in the business today.
7) AJ Lee. She's the most entertaining thing going in women's wrestling since Trish and Lita retired. Her heel character is awesome and she has the potential to be an awesome face someday too.
8) AJ Styles. The guy's current schtick is amazing. Loving the "No One" thing and his ring work has always been solid.
9) Bray Wyatt. I know he hasn't even premiered yet, but the guy has entertained me more already then half the roster.
10) Dolph Ziggler. Still not sold on face Dolph, but his ring work and willingness to do almost anything to succeed, coupled with his mic skills make him a definite interest for me.

James Steele
07-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Really? Summer Rae at #2?

Tazz Dan
07-08-2013, 04:42 AM
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Mr. Anderson
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Chris Sabin
Christian
Mark Henry
Antonio Cesaro

In no particular order.

Black Widow
07-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Really? Summer Rae at #2?I'm Jugding From Her Being On NXT & The Fact She's Fucking Sexy.

The Condor
07-08-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm confused as to what resident poster AJ Lee's sex is.

Lock Jaw
07-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Her profile claims she is a female.

XL
07-08-2013, 06:48 PM
I always thought it was AJ Lee's as in the poster belonged to AJ and I wasn't a misuses apostrophe. That lead me to think the poster was male. Also, thought the avatar was a picture of AJ. Needless to say my mind is quite figuratively blown.

Black Widow
07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
thought the avatar was a picture of AJ. Needless to say my mind is quite figuratively blown.How The Hell Could You Confused Me With AJ?

Lock Jaw
07-09-2013, 12:32 AM
You need to post a pic holding a TPWW sign (with your dog if you have one, with your "dawg" if you don't) so we can tell you are real.

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Why Is Every Word Always Capitalized?

CSL
07-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Bryan
Ambrose/Shield
Ziggler
Punk

dunno, haven't been paying attention much recently

XL
07-09-2013, 05:48 PM
How The Hell Could You Confused Me With AJ?

I have never looked close enough before/presumed it was AJ.

Dude Marsh
07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Antonio Cesaro
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
The Shield
Mark Henry
Damien Sandow
Big E. Langston
Chris Jericho
Wade Barrett

Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper will probably creep in there soon.

Mr Burns
07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Daniel Bryan
Punk
Ziggler
Jericho
The Wyatt family

Can't think of anyone else.