PDA

View Full Version : Poll Position -- Favorite Triple H Feud

James Steele
07-07-2013, 04:59 AM
Select your favorite Triple H feud and discuss why. This is a poll and you state your position. I call it "Poll Position". It's a NASCAR reference.

http://wrestlinghype.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/bobhollytalkscmpunkbackstagehisin-ringwork.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Bonus Feature
Bob Holly got a stupid tribal tattoo:
http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/holly-500x350.jpg

James Steele
07-07-2013, 05:04 AM
I believe the HHH/HBK feud from 2002-2004 is one of the greatest sustained feuds in wrestling history. It had back-story, it had physicality, it had emotion, it had great matches, and was able to take breaks and pick back up again flawlessly while never getting old.

I loved how even after it was "resolved" at Bad Blood 04, they still hated each other until their unified hatred of the McMahons in 2006 brought them back together to reform DX. Riveting storytelling that kept me hooked on pro wrestling. I don't know if I would have kept watching during that period if it wasn't for this feud.

Ruien
07-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Vs. X-PAC!

Corporate CockSnogger
07-07-2013, 06:17 AM
All of them

mike adamle
07-07-2013, 06:46 AM
His matches with Stone Cold were even better than the HBK matches, gotta go with vs. Steve Austin. Their Survivor Series 2000 Main Event is a forgotten classic. And words can't describe the awesomeness of their 3 stages of hell match.

Shisen Kopf
07-07-2013, 06:51 AM
The correct answer isn't listed. Where is Henry O. Godwin?

mike adamle
07-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I think in order it'd go

HHH vs. Austin
HHH vs. Mick Foley
HHH vs. The Rock
HHH vs. HBK
HHH vs. Taker
HHH vs. Flair

All classic feuds.
Plus maybe the matches didn't deliver, but HHH vs. Orton was a good feud, the story was damn interesting, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pumped for their match at WrestleMania XXV. Same with HHH vs. Batista. Although I LOVED their Hell In A Cell Match.

HHH vs. Lesnar is an underrated one too, their match at SummerSlam was great, and their WrestleMania match was a classic.

HHH vs. Owen was a good feud, they weren't given the time to have great matches, but delivered what they could.

VSG
07-07-2013, 10:09 AM
HHH vs. Mick Foley

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 10:28 AM
HHH Vs. Foley.

-Triple H beat Mankind in the King of the Ring Finals.
-Foley beating Triple H in the Steel Cage match at that Summerslam with the botched heart.
-The Pinfalls Count Anywhere match with Cactus Jack in MSG.
-SummerSlam 1999 and the lead-up to it with the contendership build and HHH winning the championship from Foley the next night on Raw.
-Royal Rumble 2000 with the No Rules Match.
-The Hell in the Cell match at No Way Out 2000

Foley was involved in so many marque moments for Triple H in the building of his legacy. It has to be Foley. Nearly all the other feuds were when Triple H was already established as a star (aside from The Rock) which is the only other acceptable vote. Why is DX/Nation a seperate feud? That should have been combined with the Rock.

Savio
07-07-2013, 10:37 AM
They feuded in 2000 after Nation disbanded.

mike adamle
07-07-2013, 11:12 AM
HHH Vs. Foley.

-Triple H beat Mankind in the King of the Ring Finals.
-Foley beating Triple H in the Steel Cage match at that Summerslam with the botched heart.
-The Pinfalls Count Anywhere match with Cactus Jack in MSG.
-SummerSlam 1999 and the lead-up to it with the contendership build and HHH winning the championship from Foley the next night on Raw.
-Royal Rumble 2000 with the No Rules Match.
-The Hell in the Cell match at No Way Out 2000

Foley was involved in so many marque moments for Triple H in the building of his legacy. It has to be Foley. Nearly all the other feuds were when Triple H was already established as a star (aside from The Rock) which is the only other acceptable vote. Why is DX/Nation a seperate feud? That should have been combined with the Rock.

why are you always so damn critical??

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Don't like obvious attempts at vote splitting from a Triple H mark who wants to pretend he did it on his own.

Besides the Nation Vs. DX was basically just HHH Vs. The Rock (and a little bit Owen) with the others just hanging around.

MoFo
07-07-2013, 11:19 AM
The Rock, its why I'm a rasslin fan.

James Steele
07-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Don't like obvious attempts at vote splitting from a Triple H mark who wants to pretend he did it on his own.

Besides the Nation Vs. DX was basically just HHH Vs. The Rock (and a little bit Owen) with the others just hanging around.

Fuck off. I don't have time for the Snooty Cunt Society in my threads. DX vs Nation and HHH vs Rock are two separate feuds that had almost 2 years of separation.

The Condor
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM
DX vs. Nation hooked me for good. I came back in early '97 but was not committed until this feud. X-PAC vs. D'Lo over the European title, the involvement of Owen with the Nation and the head piece of HHH vs. Rock for the IC title were fantastic and the feud had great, memorable moments such as the Nation imitation which I seem to remember for the blackface and Jason Sensation (Mizark Henry!) as well as the fantastic street fight on RAW.

Essentially the DX/Nation feud was a try out for both HHH and the Rock to see if they could be bigger players in the future and their ladder match at SS '98 essentially cemented that. Great feud.

James Steele
07-07-2013, 02:40 PM
A nice little forgotten feud is HHH/Sgt. Slaughter. Their boot camp match was DX:IYH 1997 was a nice little match.

Emperor Smeat
07-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Triple H vs Foley.

Razzamajazz
07-07-2013, 03:53 PM
i still remember sitting in my friend's basement in early 2000 watching the ppv matches with foley

Heisenberg
07-07-2013, 04:13 PM
HHH vs Austin

I am a fan of both of them, and it led eventually to the Two Man Power Trip

His feuds with Undertaker and Rock are also up there in position

XL
07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
The feud with Foley in late-99/early-2000 made HHH into a bonefide main eventer.

CWK
07-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Foley was the obvious choice for me but I will say that Randy Orton should've made the list here. Their feud in 2009 was awesome with Orton punting Vince, DDTing Stephanie, the HHH home invasion, etc. even though their WM25 match sucked, the feud overall was really good.

Plus lets not forget the feud they had in 2004 when Orton split from Evolution.

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 01:34 AM
vs Vince's asshole

XCaliber
07-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Tough call but i'd have to say that his best feud was against The Rock and this was the great match that started it all:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f0iwHcGY2ro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Burns
07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Has to be with the rock.