PDA

View Full Version : Poll Position -- Favorite Non-IC Midcard Title

James Steele
07-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Vote and post your opinion.

James Steele
07-07-2013, 08:06 PM
I loved the TV Title in WCW. I didn't always get to stay up late for the main eventers, so I loved seeing Disco Inferno, Booker T, Jericho, Finlay, Benoit, Regal, the other Cruiserweights, Saturn, etc. fight over it. It was also the only belt that appeared on Thunder and Saturday Night regularly.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 08:07 PM
I have to go with the television title when it was booked right it was great. It always gave a solid wrestling match in NWA and WCW. Haven't seen much of how it is being used in TNA to judge. In WCW and NWA it seemed that the workhorses got the championship just like the IC Championship was given to the workhorses in the WWF.

Razzamajazz
07-07-2013, 08:08 PM
a toss up between any promotion's tv title and the wwf hardcore title. light heavyweight/cruiserweight take a close second

James Steele
07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
WWE missed the boat by not having Wade Barrett bring back the European Championship and being an arrogant badass heel with it. It'd added some direction to Cesaro's character too.

James Steele
07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I expect the US Championship to win in the end, but I'm already surprised by the love for the TV Title.

Razzamajazz
07-07-2013, 08:12 PM
i think that's what they tried to do with the US belt

James Steele
07-07-2013, 08:16 PM
i think that's what they tried to do with the US belt

Yeah, but it would have been a much better fit for him to bring back a "real title" representing "truly great peoples" like those in Europe rather than stupid Americans.

The Condor
07-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Fond memories of the Hardcore Title as it was a good title when taken seriously by Road Dogg, Al Snow, Boss Man And Hardcore Holly and was a different kind of gold when Crash was running the division. Obviously, all the belts had glory days but I'll take the Hardcore in this instance.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Alot of great reasons to vote for all of these titles except the Light Heavyweight Title except when Dean Malenko or Jerry Lynn had it.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-07-2013, 08:42 PM
WWE World Heavyweight Title

Heisenberg
07-07-2013, 08:45 PM
The Hardcore Title. I enjoyed the 24/7 stip that was going on for awhile. Always enjoyed Crash Holly's antics and anxiety of getting jumped everywhere.

Heisenberg
07-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Plus, this.

http://obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/steveblackman/06.jpg

James Steele
07-07-2013, 08:53 PM
WWE World Heavyweight Title

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234778541_lol.jpg

Blue Demon
07-08-2013, 12:34 AM
I always found the hardcore title matches fun

GD
07-08-2013, 12:46 AM
After a long hiatus from wrestling, one of the first matches that I saw was the classic encounter between Benoit and Guerrero at Vengeance '03 to crown the "first" WWE United States Champion. Ever since its re-incarnation on Smackdown, I have enjoyed numerous title reigns of wrestlers such as Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, John Cena, MVP, The Miz, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. The title is easily one of my favourite belts of all time.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcw372sCRC1ql0k28o1_r1_500.png

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 12:47 AM
T.V title. Always featured the wrestlers I liked: Jericho, Saturn, Disco Inferno

Black Widow
07-08-2013, 01:04 AM
hardcore

voncouch
07-08-2013, 09:01 AM
I was always a fan of the Television Championship. But I think it's because I mainly remember Austin holding the belt in the early 90's and he would always put on an entertaining match. Mainly because he was, well, Austin.

MoFo
07-08-2013, 11:38 AM
European, especially when Al Snow had that gimmick of bringing shit from random European countries and dumping it on the announce table.

The Gold Standard
07-08-2013, 12:39 PM
This is going to sound weird, but I never really like a certain title more than others, but I liked how the US Title looks, so that gets my vote.

Ermaximus
07-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Definately the Hardcore Title. It brought us so many random matches, segments, and champions. I mean, what other title could be won by one of the Godfather's hos, a diva, an announcer, an inanimate object, and a superstar all in the span of 15 minutes?

Emperor Smeat
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
European.

Always liked the design of it and like Mofo said, Al Snow parodying different countries when he was the champ.

blak23
07-08-2013, 06:53 PM
The tag titles. All the great matches and all the great teams during the boom period for tag team wrestling are my fondest memories.

XCaliber
07-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Even though I am not American I think The US Championship since it has been held by many greats and some that are yet to be.

Rammsteinmad
07-08-2013, 07:10 PM
U.S. Title.

BigCrippyZ
07-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I honestly don't think I can pick one. Too many great things from some of these titles to pick just one.

IC and TV titles brought us some great champions, matches and feuds from future main eventers and the real talented work horses.

The Cruiserweight title and scene in WCW was insane fun and brought us some great matches and talent.

Not too mention the tag titles also brought us pure gold for those who remember what great tag team wrestling was like up until the recent past.

Innovator
07-09-2013, 11:50 AM
TV title, when I started watching WCW all I remember is Regal coming out every Saturday night and do his thing.

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I love the idea of a TV Title. If the WWE were still doing their brand split (a moot point now, I know), I'd have been all for the WWE bringing in a TV Title so that a champion could appear on both RAW and SmackDown, getting extra attention and air-time (something that should be valuable to each and every Superstar). Right now the best choice for TV Champion would probably be Curtis Axel, with Paul Heyman managing him to the belt so that he can get his newest client maximum exposure.

But if they had Chris Jericho back for a while, they could put the title on him and have him Jericho it up all over the place. A guy like Cody Rhodes could gun for the title so that he can stop being "underrated" and his glorious mustache would be featured on both RAW and SmackDown. Or imagine if Bray Wyatt wanted the TV Title to spread his message across both shows? Or if Wade Barrett wanting the title so that he could wrestle more, win more and thus earn more money. A guy like Tyson Kidd might want the title because it would allow him to prove himself "The Workhorse" of WWE.