PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is next for Ryback?

Savio
07-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I think he is going to be doomed to midcard now. This "Cryback" storyline has no chance of getting him over, it all seems odd to me to see a monster looking fellow call off matches. I'd expect that from a heel like fandango but not from Ryback, especially after his run in 2012.

Where do you think he goes from here?

The Condor
07-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Lets call a spade a spade and say they fucked up on Ryback. They had a good thing going and just dropped the ball. He's not a lost cause or anything at all but he's going to need some time to rebuild all of his lost momentum.

Shisen Kopf
07-07-2013, 10:35 PM
They have ruined the RYBACK character. From now on its just ryback all lower case and smallest font size. NO bold, underline or italics. And no THE in front of his name either.

Juan
07-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Wellness Violation

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2013, 11:19 PM
The WWE are trying to make Ryback a heel, and are giving the people who used to cheer him every reason to want to spit on him. It's a shame that without that credibility, Ryback is not going to be worth anything to the WWE. Ryback needs to beat Chris Jericho decisively at Money in the Bank and then powerbomb him through a table or something. After that, he can enter some sort of multi-man feud to try and propel him back up the card. Maybe Ryback vs. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry vs. Christian at SummerSlam? Ryback can Shell-Shock Henry and then powerbomb Christian through a table. That can become his new thing.

Skippord
07-08-2013, 01:18 AM
he sucks and should be fired

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Unified champion of the universe.

Wishbone
07-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Ryback was the future of the WWE. They had a star and they shit on it and flushed it down the toilet. As for what's next? Well we can only hope it's not the worst case scenario, but with WWE it probably will be...

James Steele
07-08-2013, 02:48 AM
I'm not sure what the hell they are thinking with Ryback. I am glad they are trying to do something other than the whole "undefeated monster" gimmick, but the whole segment on RAW seemed weird. Even Jericho on commentary seemed weird. They have pretty much fucked him up completely, and I can only assume he's going to descend into madness/paranoia/rage and go back to being an unstoppable monster. That isn't very interesting. Hope that Vince can pull a rabbit out of his hat on this one.

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 02:59 AM
He had a rabbit, but he shot it in the fucking head

Wishbone
07-08-2013, 03:02 AM
He had a rabbit, but he shot it in the fucking head

:y:
Gerty... why must you make me agree with you when you know it hurts me so?

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Vote Gertner for King of the Forum

James Steele
07-08-2013, 03:10 AM
No.

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 03:11 AM
You can and will

James Steele
07-08-2013, 03:24 AM
I'd vote for Goldbird before I vote for you.

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 03:26 AM
Another satisfied customer

Tommy Gunn
07-08-2013, 03:38 AM
The only good match he's had this year was with Daniel Bryan, so I'm kind of hoping they have a feud.

I think Ryback was always doomed being pushed into the WWE title picture, because they were saving it for The Rock and then Cena. If it was the WHC title he'd have been a champ by now.

Tom Guycott
07-08-2013, 04:38 AM
I'm not sure what the hell they are thinking with Ryback. I am glad they are trying to do something other than the whole "undefeated monster" gimmick, but the whole segment on RAW seemed weird. Even Jericho on commentary seemed weird. They have pretty much fucked him up completely, and I can only assume he's going to descend into madness/paranoia/rage and go back to being an unstoppable monster. That isn't very interesting. Hope that Vince can pull a rabbit out of his hat on this one.

Yeah, weird in the sense that it seemed like the makings of a heel turn for Jericho and trying to shoehorn Ryback into the role of sympathetic face. Doesn't make sense, though, because they went to all the effort to make him a badass heel after being so over as a face to begin with... and oddly, it doesn't really SEEM like they're trying to change either one of them.

Now, if Ryback starts giving us RNN style updates about his injury, he'll be boo'd out of the building and still breathe life into his character.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-08-2013, 04:44 AM
I think they just want the fans to stop chanting Goldberg.

Bad News Gertner
07-08-2013, 04:52 AM
It's not working

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-08-2013, 05:10 AM
No, but turning him into a pussy would probably make it work eventually.

Savio
07-08-2013, 08:19 AM
They should just change his name to "Goldberg Jr" that way the chant fits.

GD
07-08-2013, 10:05 AM
He will score his first pay-per-view victory for the year 2013.

The Condor
07-08-2013, 11:39 AM
He will score his first pay-per-view victory for the year 2013.

Ballsy prediction, Dave ;)

steveweiser
07-08-2013, 02:38 PM
They should have Ryback walking around asking "What's Next". You know, to distance himself from Goldberg

Emperor Smeat
07-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Salvage what's left and do a slow rebuild of his character/gimmick especially if they really want him as a long term heel.

Biggest mistake was completely skipping the mid card and rushing him into the title feud with no real plans. That feud didn't help him nor did it really help Punk going into the Rock one. Could have even had him win the Rumble since Cena didn't need it to have an excuse to fight the Rock while Ryback could have just decided on Del Rio's belt instead.

Rammsteinmad
07-08-2013, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't say the problem was rushing him to the main event, I'd say the simple problem was pushing him straight to the main event as an absolute monster, which he is, and then doing a complete 360 turn and making him the biggest pussy on the roster. As someone else said in this thread, a guy like Ryback should not be calling off matches.

seapig4
07-08-2013, 04:48 PM
It is quite remarkable how much of a change his character has gone through over the course of about 9 months.

screech
07-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I just hope it's the opposite of the main event.

#1-norm-fan
07-08-2013, 06:15 PM
They should have Ryback walking around asking "What's Next". You know, to distance himself from Goldberg

"Who's first" would be more fitting since he's still looking for his first real PPV win. The man's closer to Gillberg at this point.

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2013, 04:02 AM
So many good views on Ryback--I wondering if the intent is to turn him into an internet favorite, and then have him main event (with universeal approval).