PDA

View Full Version : WWE dropped the boat with Mohhamed Hassan as a terrorist

Curtis
07-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Imagine if WWE went all out. It would've been a wrestling classic. But WWE pandered to stupid PC groups and angry fat ass mothers to do what could've been amazing. I was just thinking about it today and think how AMAZING it could've been if for example.

Hassan Vs Cena is booked. Cena enters the ring first, Hassan then walks out and BOOM!
The ring explodes!

Hassan has planted bombs in the turnbuckles!
Then in another match, Hassan could drive a car into the titan tron knocking it over and having it fall on another opponent.

DAMN iNATOR
07-12-2013, 12:38 PM
LOL, WWE didn’t “pander” to anyone. They dropped the character mostly after airing a segment on the 7/7/2005 edition of SmackDown! aired, the same day as the London terrorist attacks (albeit with a last-second, tacked-on disclaimer at the bottom of the screen about the segment as a warning to viewers who might be easily offended).

It caused the Muslim community of Dearborn, MI, which has the largest Muslim population in the US to protest to WWE and the channels which aired the show to drop the character, prompting WWE to bow to the pressure and do so.

Curtis
07-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I think the Muslim community should be more proud at being so good at terrorism, just like the African American community takes pride in the art of the "gangsta".

ron the dial
07-12-2013, 02:27 PM
dropped the boat

whiteyford
07-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Not even trying anymore.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Drop the boat, don't drop the boat baby

Bad News Gertner
07-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Lol

Theo Dious
07-12-2013, 09:25 PM
LOL, WWE didn’t “pander” to anyone.

It caused the Muslim community of Dearborn, MI, which has the largest Muslim population in the US to protest to WWE and the channels which aired the show to drop the character, prompting WWE to bow to the pressure and do so.

...I'd be curious to known what you think pandering IS, if you think this isn't it.

Bad News Gertner
07-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Lol poor DAMN inator

Lux
07-12-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm a little sad I read right past "dropped the boat" made me chuckle

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-13-2013, 12:58 AM
They dropped the boat with the gimmick for sure. He wasn't a terrorist. He was an Arab American tired of people lumping all middle easterners as the enemy. The WWE should never have had him with those henchman no matter what day the episode aired.

Taker killed him though so 'murica won.

Tom Guycott
07-13-2013, 01:14 AM
I think you meant "missed the pooch".

I mean, c'mon, "dropped the boat?" That's just stupid.

Taker killed him though so 'murica won.

'murican badass!

Now, I'm gonna make like a tree, and get out of here.

Anybody Thrilla
07-13-2013, 11:20 AM
I really did like the Hassan character originally. They did miss the ball on that one.

Shit, that kinda made sense.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Also were ignoring the fact that he wasn't very good in the ring. Daivari was 10000 times the worker Hassan was.

Anybody Thrilla
07-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Daivari looked like a plausible threat to precisely no one.

seapig4
07-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Except for that dude he choked out that time nobody remembers

Kane Knight
07-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I know! He should have flown an airplane into an arena, killing thousands! Instant heel heat (as well as fire heat).

Oooooh...Controversial.

Drop the boat, don't drop the boat baby

I'd like to know where you got the notion.

He wasn't a terrorist. He was an Arab American

Same difference.

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2013, 10:38 AM
...I'd be curious to known what you think pandering IS, if you think this isn't it.

It's not and you know it. They weren't given a choice in the matter, so it was definitely NOT a case of WWE pandering to anyone.

Anybody Thrilla
07-14-2013, 11:49 AM
My man literally just said "it's NOT because I SAID so, and you KNOW it".

Evil Vito
07-14-2013, 12:03 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Hassan would have been World Heavyweight champion by the end of 2005 at the rate he was going.

Also, Daivari was excellent in every role they put him in.</font>

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-14-2013, 12:16 PM
http://bit.ly/pnls9t

How is it not pandering? They gave into the demands. That's the political definition of pandering. Not having a choice doesn't matter.

"Pandering is the act of expressing one's views in accordance with the likes of a group to which one is attempting to appeal. The term is most notably associated with politics. In pandering, the views one is verbally expressing are merely for the purpose of drawing support up to and including votes and do not necessarily reflect one's personal values.
Pandering is essentially a reaction of panic in elected officials who must either tailor their views to public opinion or risk losing their existing or potential seat.[1]
Politicians running for office are known to pander because their winning depends on the voters. When an election is upcoming, many straw polls are taken, and the results may change by the day or even by the hour. By pandering, a politician attempts to tilt the results in his or her favor."

Anybody Thrilla
07-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Don't argue with The DAMN iNATOR. He's clearly correct about everything, all of the time.

Zeeboe
07-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Never liked that gimmick. Every time I heard that music, I sighed with frustration and just wanted to kill that guy. The whole gimmick was in bad taste. I was glad they dropped it.

Curtis
07-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Don't argue with The DAMN iNATOR. He's clearly correct about everything, all of the time.

Arguing with the DAMN iNATOR is like sucking a dick, no matter how good u is, yr still a huge faggot.

Anybody Thrilla
07-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Wait, what?

Lux
07-16-2013, 04:56 PM
that escalated quickly.