PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION: Could Cody Rhodes realistically be in one of the "main events" of WrestleMania XXX?

James Steele
07-22-2013, 05:23 AM
Noid, this one is for you. I love me some Cody Rhodes, and I think he deserves to be pushed to the moon. I mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see a Dolph or Cody vs HHH match for the World Title. Perhaps even a triple threat.

Do you want to see Cody Rhodes pushed to the moon? How would you push him?

The Condor
07-22-2013, 09:24 AM
I'll answer on behalf of Noid. No.

Ruien
07-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Probably not. There are just to many people ahead of him in terms of talent.

Ultra Mantis
07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Bryan and Ziggler are way out in front of Cody and should get those "main event" spots ahead of him. If he gets over as a face give him a good feud heading into Mania and get him back on the card.

Bad News Gertner
07-22-2013, 10:28 AM
God fucking no

MoFo
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM
He should fight! Goldust IMO.

Innovator
07-22-2013, 11:19 AM
He could be in the WHC match at Mania, which is usually 4th or 5th from the top.

Lock Jaw
07-22-2013, 12:43 PM
He did have the match of the night at Wrestlemania 27!

Emperor Smeat
07-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Not for next Mania but could see him have a legit chance for the following Mania instead.

Too many guys are ahead of him at the moment for either title and I doubt he's going to get picked to face Taker.

Cena and Bryan currently are the top faces for the WWE title while Ziggler and Sheamus are the top faces for the World belt.

mike adamle
07-22-2013, 04:39 PM
and I doubt he's going to get picked to face Taker.

I'd love to see Dolph Ziggler get to face taker if he's gonna stick around a few more years.

XL
07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Inno knows.

mike adamle
07-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I could see Cody in a WHC program with Sheamus during Mania

Curd
07-22-2013, 08:15 PM
If this were Attitude Era WWE, then Cody could do a "Rhinestone Cowboy" gimmick and then have his rise to the top be credited to "blowing the Game," which infuriates HHH and Steph. They fight a handicap match at WM and Rhodes squeaks by with a fluke win.

The current setup would be more challenging, but have Cody go over upper-midcard talents such as RVD, Swagger, and Del Rio before winning Elimination Chamber and defeating either John Cena or CM Punk. Protect Dolph because he needs to up his winning percentage until he's held the title for over half a year.

Mr. Nerfect
07-22-2013, 10:36 PM
I love Cody Rhodes. He's a good worker and really puts himself into any character he plays. While I can't see him challenging for the WWE Championship or wrestling The Undertaker, I could see Cody Rhodes in the World Heavyweight Title match, which could be anyone's game there. Alberto Del Rio vs. Cody Rhodes would be a pretty good match somewhere in the middle of the card. I'll give you specific ideas on how I would book it later.

James Steele
07-23-2013, 12:22 AM
If this were Attitude Era WWE, then Cody could do a "Rhinestone Cowboy" gimmick and then have his rise to the top be credited to "blowing the Game," which infuriates HHH and Steph. They fight a handicap match at WM and Rhodes squeaks by with a fluke win.

The current setup would be more challenging, but have Cody go over upper-midcard talents such as RVD, Swagger, and Del Rio before winning Elimination Chamber and defeating either John Cena or CM Punk. Protect Dolph because he needs to up his winning percentage until he's held the title for over half a year.

I'd actually like to see Cody Rhodes do that gimmick as an homage to his brother and his dad in the same character.

James Steele
07-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Not really, but I guarantee you he could pull it off and make it entertaining as fuck.

HTrain90
07-23-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm gonna push back on this. If by "Main Events" you mean one of the money-drawing matches, the hell no. With Taker, Cena, Punk, Lesnar, Triple H, and possibly Rock at WM, there's no way Cody is going to get there.

Could he be in the WHC match? Almost certainly he could be. I believe that Sandow will go over Rhodes in their upcoming feud, and the month AFTER that feud settles will be crucial for Cody. Can he keep some momentum when that feud dies out? He's very good in the ring, and has more than once proven that he can really tear the house down. If Creative gets behind him and pushes him through January, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Rhodes won the Rumble and challenged Sandow in the opening bout of WM for the WHC.

Now, that means that Ziggler and Del Rio need to find something to do, so it's highly a questionable possibility at best. However, it's not the most outlandish thing I've ever heard.

Tommy Gunn
07-23-2013, 02:28 PM
He needs to expand his gimmick beyond having a cool mustache.

MoFo
07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Warrior should squash Triple H on the 18th anniversary of the last time he squashed Triple H

Lock Jaw
07-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Cody should do this gimmick:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8c0713ba07e7ba500090ea12ce2bff14/tumblr_mfub25faLg1r5y5l4o1_250.png
"BRING ME PICTURES OF SIN CARA! THAT MASKED MENACE!"

Bad News Gertner
07-24-2013, 03:13 AM
He needs to expand his gimmick beyond having a cool mustache.

I've been using that gimmick since November

Skippord
07-24-2013, 03:34 AM
honestly they should probably have someone break his face again and then he can be all weird and disfigured again

James Steele
07-24-2013, 09:36 AM
They just need to let the mother fucker talk more. He is "boring" to many because we know nothing about him. When he was "Dashing" and "Disfigured", he cut promos and we got to understand the character.

Tommy Gunn
07-24-2013, 11:15 AM
I want to see him dress as Goldust on the next Raw Roulette.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
If you asked me like a year or two ago I would have said it was a foregone conclusion. Don't know anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
07-24-2013, 11:00 PM
I could actually see Cody beating Sandow for the Money in the Bank briefcase. Rhodes could cash in honorably against whoever the champion is (probably Ziggler by this point) and beat him cleanly for the title. But if Cody did win the Money in the Bank briefcase, I could see him cutting a promo where he says that his dream has always been to build a legacy for himself, and guarantee himself a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame, so he's going to cash in his title shot at WrestleMania XXX.

The winner of the Royal Rumble would challenge the WWE Champion (I'd go with John Cena vs. CM Punk myself, but I know many people would be against that match for some bizarre reason) and the Elimination Chamber matches at the February PPV would both be for the World Championships. Rhodes and Punk would work matches outside the Chambers, padding out the card. As for who Rhodes' WrestleMania opponent would be? It really could be anyone, since they don't really care about the World Title as much as the WWE Title. Fuck, it could even be a heel Miz by that point. Big Show could drop the title off to Rhodes and make him look really impressive. They might even put it on Orton and have him drop it off to his former Legacy buddy, since Orton will need something to do on the Mania card. Rhodes should win regardless of who he faces though.

Mr. Nerfect
07-24-2013, 11:06 PM
It could even be Triple H. He'll almost definitely be wrestling at WrestleMania XXX. Why would he not? His career isn't officially over yet, he loves wrestling and he's one of their biggest stars. My dream Mania card would have Sting coming to the WWE and facing Triple H -- Icon vs. Icon, sledgehammer vs. baseball bat -- with Ric Flair as Special Guest Referee. Hey, that window of opportunity is closing for Sting each year he chooses to sign with TNA, and they recently had him lose a match which stipulates he'll never be World Champion again, and they're trying to cut costs. Maybe that would be a good match for the World Heavyweight Title to be contested in, actually. Sting winning the big gold belt at WrestleMania XXX would be a pretty memorable event.

But yeah, if that doesn't happen, I'd be all for Triple H vs. Cody Rhodes. There's history there, but would you drudge it up? I'd book it more as the old guard standing defiantly against the youth movement. Is Cody's time now? Triple H could talk about how good Cody is, but he's not great yet. Triple H could talk about Rhodes essentially having a ticket to immortality in his hands, but he's going to waste it on an announced opportunity -- that tells him that he's not yet hungry enough. Triple H could even play defacto heel to try and get under Rhodes' skin. Maybe he could fire Dusty as NXT GM/Commission/whatever he is and re-hire Goldust for a match against whoever is the monster they are pushing at the time. Triple H could make the feud real personal, real fast.

Savio
07-24-2013, 11:34 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hiSdTarbF4w/UN85KfXsFmI/AAAAAAAABEE/s794-_tcjIs/s1600/triple-h-hhh-wallpapers-2.jpg

http://emts.rjcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/triple-h-bio.png

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/221907205_1356864753.jpg

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/celebrity/triple-h01.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc7ZyVkUo8WLUb-qOCOvSNSZcvqRfwvPJSr72MD-vxwZNRZ0Zu

DAMN iNATOR
07-25-2013, 03:41 AM
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WWF!:shifty:

James Steele
07-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Savior, are you challenging me to a Triple H picture posting war?

Savio
07-25-2013, 08:40 AM
I would never win :(

James Steele
07-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Damn right, you wouldn't.